Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,722 members, 7,851,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2105139 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Fabulousl0l(m): 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
Abohboy:

The control tower doesn’t look like the one in this render, are they already deviating, or is this the wrong render.

Were is the control tower in this pic?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Fabulousl0l(m): 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
CEO of Rotech Energy Services and promoter of Luxury Place Estate Onitsha talks about the upcoming upscale neighbourhood and Anambra international airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHB0_yuUJIo

Please bro, get us pictures from ICC awka
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer8: 9:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
I NEED A COPY OF SOLUDO 2023 MANIFESTO.

SOLUDO IS THE MOST CERTAIN CANDIDATE OF ANY POLITICAL PARTY.

IF HE HAS NOT THOUGHT OF THIS PARTICULAR PROJECT THAT I HAVE IN MIND, THEN I WILL HAVE TO SELL IT TO HIM.

IT IS FOR ALL OUR GOOD AS NDI ANAMBRA.

U KNOW I GO FOR THE BEST EVERYTIME.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
This is the control incase you don't know
and it will be 12 story, they currently on the 6 now

The design of the Control Tower on the RENDERING is more sophisticated and modern than the local construction I'm seeing now.
We need to be very vigilant to ensure they don't give Ndi Anambra Onitsha Quality construction.
The control tower on the design rendering does not look like the mortar and cement Craneburg is building.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 12:32am On Sep 03, 2020
Ceegar01:
control tower
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Abohboy: 12:49am On Sep 03, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
This is the control incase you don't know
and it will be 12 story, they currently on the 6 now

It looks more like a square block, and not like the sleek tower in the render

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by gariepinus: 9:13am On Sep 03, 2020
If Obiano finish The following projects before he step down.... (1) cargo airport... (2) ICC Awka (3) Awka township stadium.....I think he will be celebrated and considered as genuine hero in Anambra.... Then the next Governor should focus mainly on roads dualizing,city beatification,,construction of more fly over bridges and effective sanitation.

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 9:49am On Sep 03, 2020
We also need about 2 or 3 bus terminals that will sit in Awka and Onitsha, or even Nnewi

gariepinus:
If Obiano finish The following projects before he step down.... (1) cargo airport... (2) ICC Awka (3) Awka township stadium.....I think he will be celebrated and considered as genuine hero in Anambra.... Then the next Governor should focus mainly on roads dualizing,city beatification,,construction of more fly over bridges and effective sanitation.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer8: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2020
gariepinus:

GOOD IDEA BUT THE NEXT GOV HAS FAR MORE WORK TO DO BEFORE ANAMBRA CAN START TO ENJOY RAPID ECONOMIC GROWTH.

THIS JOB IS BY NO MEANS DONE, IT IS JUST STARTED.

PLEASE, THOSE WITH CONTACTS TO SOLUDO SHOULD DROP HIS MANIFESTO HERE, WEN THE TIME REACH.

I NEED TO SEE IF HE IS ON TRACK.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2020
We will commission the Anambra International airport in April 2021 - Governor Willie Obiano

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2020
Any Video for it

post=93531657:
We will commission the Anambra International airport in April 2021 - Governor Willie Obiano

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by madubaymi: 8:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
Any Video for it

Please share the source
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by stasius: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2020
post=93531657:

Sincerely Am not a fan of APGA under Obiano but what I saw when I visited the airport site on a Sunday recently was marvelous.
Unfortunately they don't allow one to take pictures.
I have to give it to Obiano on this one.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 11:28am On Sep 04, 2020
Absolutely nice,
It's Mind Blowing

stasius:

Sincerely Am not a fan of APGA under Obiano but what I saw when I visited the airport site on a Sunday recently was marvelous.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 12:28am On Sep 05, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
Absolutely nice,
It's Mind Blowing

AsomughaChuks05:
Splendid. Our Igwes will no longer be running after one illiterate with bald head. The Chief Willie Obiano International Airport Umueri, New standard stadium Awka, International Conference Centre Awka, are all mega indelible legacies that Governor Obiano will leave behind.

Please that Anambra Airport irrespective of whom it will be named after, though I would have preferred Chinua Achebe International or Emeka Ojukwu International Airport or Simply Anambra International Airport, should be gazetted as Onitsha and not unknown Umueri to enhance its popularity, otherwise people might be using Asaba Airport to access Onitsha cum Anambra

If Anambra State Government is smart enough, they should build a clover-leaf FLYOVER at the Airport Road junction on Onitsha/Awka Expressway (perhaps at Umunya or Awkuzu axis) and extend a virgin dual or more road perpendicular to Awka/Onitsha expressway cutting through Awka/Onitsha old road( perhaps through OYI, Njikoka, Idemmili ) and join the new Owerri Interchange at Obosi(being constructed by JB); with a spur somewhere at Idemili to the centre of Nnewi via a dual carriage way and burst out at Okija with another clover-leaf FLYOVER on Owerri/Onitsha expressway Road, Okija

Secondly, dualize the 33 Road to the Airport. Futuristically speaking, discuss with Delta State Government to build a TOLLED 3rd Niger Bridge cutting through North of Asaba and North of Onitsha(Anambra West/EastAxis) then join 33 Road to it and take it to Kogi en route Abuja.

Thirdly, from Esther Obiakor junction at Awka/Enugu Expressway do another clover-leaf FLYOVER that will pass through the Virgin lands of Ifite Awka, Awka North to Anambra East to join the 33 Road/the proposed 3rd Niger Bridge Road to Kogi with a spur to the Airport.
Then go back to Esther Obiakor junction Clover-leaf flyover at Awka and extend it Southwards through perhaps Awka South, Orumba and burst out somewhere around Lokpanta on PH/Enugu Expressway ( discuss the modalities with Abia State Government)

Finally dualize Awka Amawbia, Nibo, Nise, Agulu, Nanka, Ekwuloba to Uga Road with a spur to Nnewi

Open up the state with dual or more carriageways, toll them and people will pay, the state is too congested and choking. Then, boom you will see developments in quantum. Source for funds from anywhere and Toll these Roads, Ndi Anambra will pay to use. By my modest estimation it could be done with 300B (excluding the cost of the proposed 3rd Niger Bridge) considering the small size of the state landmass-wise

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:37am On Sep 05, 2020
stasius:

Enugu are fucking about...busy begging people that see Igbo as second class to come and give them a airport that is at least comparable to what Kano and Port have! Like mugs, they’ve been strung along, lied to and treated in a patronising and condescending manner for more than a year, yet the runway (the main reason they closed the airport in the first place) hasn’t even been completely finished!

The upcoming airport in Anambra should now be officially designated as the gateway to the Nigerian Orient, and not that embarrassing chicken-coop Hadi-Sirika is doing in Enugu!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:02am On Sep 05, 2020
pandax:

Please that Anambra Airport irrespective of whom it will be named after, though I would have preferred Chinua Achebe International or Emeka Ojukwu International Airport or Simply Anambra International Airport, should be gazetted as Onitsha and not unknown Umueri to enhance its popularity, otherwise people might be using Asaba Airport to access Onitsha cum Anambra

If Anambra State Government is smart enough, they should build a clover-leaf FLYOVER at the Airport Road junction on Onitsha/Awka Expressway (perhaps at Umunya or Awkuzu axis) and extend a virgin dual or more road perpendicular to Awka/Onitsha expressway cutting through Awka/Onitsha old road( perhaps through OYI, Njikoka, Idemmili ) and join the new Owerri Interchange at Obosi(being constructed by JB); with a spur somewhere at Idemili to the centre of Nnewi via a dual carriage way and burst out at Okija with another clover-leaf FLYOVER on Owerri/Onitsha expressway Road, Okija

Secondly, dualize the 33 Road to the Airport. Futuristically speaking, discuss with Delta State Government to build a TOLLED 3rd Niger Bridge cutting through North of Asaba and North of Onitsha(Anambra West/EastAxis) then join 33 Road to it and take it to Kogi en route Abuja.

Thirdly, from Esther Obiakor junction at Awka/Enugu Expressway do another clover-leaf FLYOVER that will pass through the Virgin lands of Ifite Awka, Awka North to Anambra East to join the 33 Road/the proposed 3rd Niger Bridge Road to Kogi with a spur to the Airport.
Then go back to Esther Obiakor junction Clover-leaf flyover at Awka and extend it Southwards through perhaps Awka South, Orumba and burst out somewhere around Lokpanta on PH/Enugu Expressway ( discuss the modalities with Abia State Government)

Finally dualize Awka Amawbia, Nibo, Nise, Agulu, Nanka, Ekwuloba to Uga Road with a spur to Nnewi

Open up the state with dual or more carriageways, toll them and people will pay, the state is too congested and choking. Then, boom you will see developments in quantum. Source for funds from anywhere and Toll these Roads, Ndi Anambra will pay to use. By my modest estimation it could be done with 300B (excluding the cost of the proposed 3rd Niger Bridge) considering the small size of the state landmass-wise

Your suggestions are good. However, has this administration COMPLETED any major project of significance?

1) Did they complete the less than 3KM expressway between Amansea and Amawbia that was supposed to be three lanes like Onitsha? No. One lane going towards Onitsha still remains uncompleted almost 5 years since they started -> between Juhel Roundabout and Arroma and between Kwata Flyover and Amawbia.

2) Have they completed a simple Conference Center other states like even poor Ebonyi have completed in less time? Its now THREE years since they started the ICC and they have not even gotten to the stage of putting in windows, electrical systems or furnishing it.

You have to question why is this administration so poorly performing. From my observation, Obiano's major failing is his poor prioritization and poor human resource management. He chooses the wrong people to execute projects based on sentiment rather than performance. Both his Works Commissioners are from his hometown of Aguleri instead of the best men for the job. As a result just look at the end result. IDC was awarded the Awka stretch between Amansea and Amawbia for a supposed 13 billion and left us with flyovers that trailers cannot climb (due to the steep gradient, congestion at Arroma and Kwata underpass due to poor design and an undulating, uncompleted expressway. Planting grass and flowers at the sides does not cover up their shocking poor engineering.

Meanwhile contrast what RCC is doing on the expressway from Umunya to Amawbia. First rate highway construction. Or contrast CCC that built the three lane expressway and service lane between Head bridge to Umunya stretch, the New Tarzan flyover and the Old Enugu-Onitsha road. You award big projects to seasoned engineering firms not novices.

Obi did the same thing when he awarded a lot of state roads to Inter-Bau and Paul B. Many of these roads are now riddled with potholes because Nigerian contractors like to take shortcuts in simple road construction in order to pad their pockets,

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 5:43am On Sep 05, 2020
Hopeless frustrated vagabond, your inputs are not needed. We don't need you here because you are a mad man with a phone. Take your inputs and go fix your miserable life. Obiano has done so well in infrastructures, education, health, sports, agriculture, human capital development etc, Anambra is the best performing state at least in SE, if you are still bitter then go kill yourself somewhere. cool

[s]
mktinsight:

our suggestions are good. However, has this administration COMPLETED any major project of significance? 1) Did they complete the less than 3KM expressway between Amansea and Amawbia that was supposed to be three lanes like Onitsha? No. One lane going towards Onitsha still remains uncompleted almost 5 years since they started -> between Juhel Roundabout and Arroma and between Kwata Flyover and Amawbia. 2) Have they completed a simple Conference Center other states like even poor Ebonyi have completed in less time? Its now THREE years since they started the ICC and they have not even gotten to the stage of putting in windows, electrical systems or furnishing it. You have to question why is this administration so poorly performing. From my observation, Obiano's major failing is his poor prioritization and poor human resource management. He chooses the wrong people to execute projects based on sentiment rather than performance. Both his Works Commissioners are from his hometown of Aguleri instead of the best men for the job. As a result just look at the end result. IDC was awarded the Awka stretch between Amansea and Amawbia for a supposed 13 billion and left us with flyovers that trailers cannot climb (due to the steep gradient, congestion at Arroma and Kwata underpass due to poor design and an undulating, uncompleted expressway. Planting grass and flowers at the sides does not cover up their shocking poor engineeringMeanwhile contrast what RCC is doing on the expressway from Umunya to Amawbia. First rate highway construction. Or contrast CCC that built the three lane expressway and service lane between Head bridge to Umunya stretch, the New Tarzan flyover and the Old Enugu-Onitsha road. You award big projects to seasoned engineering firms not novices. Obi did the same thing when he awarded a lot of state roads to Inter-Bau and Paul B. Many of these roads are now riddled with potholes because Nigerian contractors like to take shortcuts in simple road construction in order to pad their pockets,
[/s]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 5:52am On Sep 05, 2020
gariepinus:

Obiano has been living in Onitsha government house/lodge for over 4months, it is simply because of the Anambra international airport, he goes to the site every weekend to check the progress and high quality of work because he doesn't wanna hear that work stops there even for one hour. The airport, ICC, stadium, Awka Millennium city(PPP), 6-lanes airport road, key network of roads, etc, are some of his big ticket projects that he is bent on completing before the next election. Massive and steady works are ongoing on all of the sites.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 5:54am On Sep 05, 2020
stasius:

Thank you for this piece of information

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 05, 2020
oneeast3:
Hopeless frustrated vagabond, your inputs are not needed. We don't need you here because you are a mad man with a phone. Take your inputs and go fix your miserable life. Obiano has done so well in infrastructures, education, health, sports, agriculture, human capital development etc, Anambra is the best performing state at least in SE, if you are still bitter then go kill yourself somewhere. cool

[s][/s]

Stop lying to yourself. Today is September 5, 2020. If Obiano completes any of these projects before September 2021:

1) Airport
2) ICC

Then I will donate 100,000 naira to you so that you don't have to continue being a paid prostitute to come here and abuse anyone that criticizes your paymaster.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 6:38am On Sep 05, 2020
Shut up this persona non grata. You are a cursed frustrated bitter vagabond. Obiano is doing great and has completed many projects and more are coming to completion soon. Everyone here knows this except you brain damaged idiot that thinks he knows anything but you are very empty.

You were against the airport from the start, so why are you bothered if it has been completed or not. I thought by now you would have killed yourself because of the project. You are a rejected person on this thread, your inputs are that of an insane man, that's why everyone here doesn't need your input. Use it to fix your miserable life. I am ready to donate one million for your rehabilitation of your miserable life. Useless old poverty inflicted vagabond.

[s]
mktinsight:

Stop lying to yourself. Today is September 5, 2020. If Obiano completes any of these projects before September 20211) Airport
2) ICThen I will donate 100,000 naira to you so that you don't have to continue being a paid prostitute to come here and abuse anyone that criticizes your paymaster.
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 9:59am On Sep 05, 2020
mktinsight:

Your suggestions are good. However, has this administration COMPLETED any major project of significance?

1) Did they complete the less than 3KM expressway between Amansea and Amawbia that was supposed to be three lanes like Onitsha? No. One lane going towards Onitsha still remains uncompleted almost 5 years since they started -> between Juhel Roundabout and Arroma and between Kwata Flyover and Amawbia.

2) Have they completed a simple Conference Center other states like even poor Ebonyi have completed in less time? Its now THREE years since they started the ICC and they have not even gotten to the stage of putting in windows, electrical systems or furnishing it.

You have to question why is this administration so poorly performing. From my observation, Obiano's major failing is his poor prioritization and poor human resource management. He chooses the wrong people to execute projects based on sentiment rather than performance. Both his Works Commissioners are from his hometown of Aguleri instead of the best men for the job. As a result just look at the end result. IDC was awarded the Awka stretch between Amansea and Amawbia for a supposed 13 billion and left us with flyovers that trailers cannot climb (due to the steep gradient, congestion at Arroma and Kwata underpass due to poor design and an undulating, uncompleted expressway. Planting grass and flowers at the sides does not cover up their shocking poor engineering.

Meanwhile contrast what RCC is doing on the expressway from Umunya to Amawbia. First rate highway construction. Or contrast CCC that built the three lane expressway and service lane between Head bridge to Umunya stretch, the New Tarzan flyover and the Old Enugu-Onitsha road. You award big projects to seasoned engineering firms not novices.

Obi did the same thing when he awarded a lot of state roads to Inter-Bau and Paul B. Many of these roads are now riddled with potholes because Nigerian contractors like to take shortcuts in simple road construction in order to pad their pockets,

I am happy that another person has a similar mindset as mine. I hate and abhor mediocrity, which could manifest in substandard quality in anything, especially when it comes to infrasturatural development. If we intend or aim to be the best, we will have to behave better than the best - Dubai did, so we can.

The three(3) Awka FLYOVERS were poorly designed and executed and therefore not fit for purpose, especially the ones at Aroma & Amawbia junctions. I will recommend DEMOLITION as a simple OVER PASS would have been ideal at these two(2) locations. In Business Analysis parlance, the delivered solution has 'Solution Limitations', imagine delivered FLYOVERS constituting HOLDUP it was meant to solve. The reward for a good work is more work. Why will the same IDC that did substandard flyovers at Awka be allowed to participate in building the Airport?.

Julius Berger is doing a Federal Project in Anambra State now, at least for the next two(2) years; Use them to open up the state with properly designed and constructed dual/triple carriageways. They have the money, give it to them on PPP or any other model and toll the roads. It will be a win-win for both parties as they do not need to MOBILIZE to Anambra again

My Brother, I am a little bit disappointed with Obiano. I expected more from him, but he is punching below the belt. The reason why he delayed until twilight of his tenure to start Airport, ICC and Awka Stadium, I do not understand. Aside the not fit-for-purpose flyovers at Awka, name one significant infrastructure done by him. Its all motion and no movement inspite of the huge money left by Obi for him. I can understand Obi lack of Landmark Projects because he was busy sharpening the saw; unfortunately, he couldn't cut down the tree, but he saved a lot for the state in financial investment

I hate charlatan, I pray the next Governor of Anambra will start thinking global big time and not this our Nigeria dick-measuring.

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2020
Keep switching usernames to spew the same nonsense you are known for. Obiano has done so well in all facets of development and remains the best so far in the region. Obiano flyovers are beautiful as well as it is unique and structurally sound. The ICC is gonna be the best in the region as well as the international airport that is set to compete with the best in Africa when completed.

If you think he hasn't done to suit your empty head, then bring your useless father to come and contest election. Your father is older than Obiano but he rather choose to be sleeping with prostitutes than contesting elections like others. I will recommend that you demolish your father himself instead.

All you do here is to keep spewing nonsense out of frustration. Take your useless input and use it to fix your miserable life, we don't need it here.

[s]
pandax:

I am happy that another person has a similar mindset as mine. I hate and abhor mediocrity, which could manifest in substandard quality in anything, especially when it comes to infrastural development. If we intend or aim to be the best, we will have to behave better than the best - Dubai did, so we can.hree three(3) Awka FLYOVERS are poorly designed and executed and therefore not fit for purpose, especially the ones at Aroma & Amawbia junctions. I will recommend DEMOLITION as a simple OVER PASS would have been ideal at these two(2) locations. In Business Analysis parlance, the delivered solution has 'Solution Limitations', imagine delivered FLYOVERS constituting HOLDUP it was meant to solve.ulius Berger is doing a Federal Project in Anambra State now, at least for the next two(2) years; Use them to open up the state with properly designed and constructed dual/triple carriageways. They have the money, give it to them on PPP or any other model and toll the roads. It will be a win-win for both parties as they do not need to MOBILIZE to Anambra agaiMy Brother, I am a little bit disappointed with Obiano. I expected more from him, but he is pushing below the belt. The reason why he delayed until twilight of his tenure to start Airport, ICC and Awka Stadium, I do not understand. Aside the not fit-for-purpose flyovers at Awka, name one significant infrastructure done by him. Its all motion and no movement inspite of the huge money left by Obi for him. I can understand Obi lack of Landmark Projects because he was busy sharpening the saw; unfortunately, he couldn't cut down the tree, but he saved a lot for the state in financial investmenI hate charlatan, I pray the next Governor of Anambra will start thinking global big time and not this our Nigeria dick-measuring.
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 10:19am On Sep 05, 2020
oneeast3:
Keep switching usernames to spew the same nonsense you are known. Obiano has done so well in all facets of development and remains the best so far in the region. If you think he hasn't done to suit your empty head, then bring your useless father to come and contest election. Your father is older than Obiano but he rather choose to be sleeping with prostitutes than contesting elections like others. All you do here is to keep spewing nonsense out of frustration. Take your useless input and use it to fix your miserable life, we don't need it here.

[s][/s]

Just to keep the record straight, I am no other person other than Pandax as used and stated. The state will move forward if we accept constructive criticism and challenging of people in Authority to perform as elected and not worship them as sycophants.

I do not wish to become the Governor at anytime, as it's not my calling; but, I would like to go to Abuja, as HOR to my make sure we pass a particular bill - Capital Punishment for Corruption and Embezzlement of Public Fund exceeding N10,000.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2020
Mechionu nwokem. Anambra is already moving forward in all areas of development ahead of any state in the region. Your inputs are not needed here because it is useless and worthless, use it to fix your miserable broken life. Anambra has had 3 consecutive administrations of good governance from Ngige to Obi and now Obiano. We hope to up the game further in the next ballot. So we don't need your useless inputs because they are mere distractions. You can open your own thread to continue spewing the same rubbish because this thread wasn't opened for you to come and litter it with unfounded rubbish. Someone that cannot even win election in his family is talking about HOR, and placing the cart before the horse. That's how to know failures that usually hatch their eggs before it is laid.

[s]
pandax:

Just to keep the record straight, I am no other person other Pandax as used and stated. The state will move forward if we accept constructive criticism and challenging of people in Authority to perform as elected to do and not worship them as some are doing as sycophants.I do not wish to become the Governor at anytime, as it's not calling;but, I would like to go to Abuja, as HOR to make sure we pass a particular bill - Capital Punishment for Corruption and Embezzlement of Public Fund exceeding N10,000.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 05, 2020
pandax:

I am happy that another person has a similar mindset as mine. I hate and abhor mediocrity, which could manifest in substandard quality in anything, especially when it comes to infrasturatural development. If we intend or aim to be the best, we will have to behave better than the best - Dubai did, so we can.

The three(3) Awka FLYOVERS are poorly designed and executed and therefore not fit for purpose, especially the ones at Aroma & Amawbia junctions. I will recommend DEMOLITION as a simple OVER PASS would have been ideal at these two(2) locations. In Business Analysis parlance, the delivered solution has 'Solution Limitations', imagine delivered FLYOVERS constituting HOLDUP it was meant to solve. The reward for a good work is more work. Why will the same IDC that did substandard flyovers at Awka be allowed to participate in building the Airport?.

Julius Berger is doing a Federal Project in Anambra State now, at least for the next two(2) years; Use them to open up the state with properly designed and constructed dual/triple carriageways. They have the money, give it to them on PPP or any other model and toll the roads. It will be a win-win for both parties as they do not need to MOBILIZE to Anambra again

My Brother, I am a little bit disappointed with Obiano. I expected more from him, but he is punching below the belt. The reason why he delayed until twilight of his tenure to start Airport, ICC and Awka Stadium, I do not understand. Aside the not fit-for-purpose flyovers at Awka, name one significant infrastructure done by him. Its all motion and no movement inspite of the huge money left by Obi for him. I can understand Obi lack of Landmark Projects because he was busy sharpening the saw; unfortunately, he couldn't cut down the tree, but he saved a lot for the state in financial investment

I hate charlatan, I pray the next Governor of Anambra will start thinking global big time and not this our Nigeria dick-measuring.

Pandax you said it all. Do not mind Obiano's paid slaves on this thread. Obiano is a failure in any big project. He has been promising International Conference Center since 2016. We are in 2020. He built rubbish flyovers and couldnt even complete 3KM of expressway. That is what you get when you go to your village to hire Commissioner of Works who then hands it over to inexperienced Lebanese boys.

A lot of Obi's projects were mediocre by following the same idea of "empowering local contractors". Obi's only major achievements are thanks to CCC the construction giant that built the head bridge to Umunya Expressway and old Enugu road. Three lanes plus a service lane. Everything else built by Obi was rubbish and is falling apart because of all those local chop I chop contractors.

Any sensible governor would hire the best contractors and then let local contractors look for sub-contracts under them on PERFORMANCE AND MERIT. Let them prove themselves by working under Julius Berger, RCC, CCC, etc. like Nestoil and Oilserv did with Shell and NNPC before being able to compete for contracts. If Obiano had awarded the ICC to a reputable company it would have been completed in under 2 years not his friends and associates still trying to figure out how to make Concrete look like the architectural drawings they were given.

You don't play in Champions League with a novice inexperienced team. You go with experience and your best 11. If Anambra wants to remain a village state let our Governors continue hiring their village men and friends as contractors. Other people are hiring the best that their money can buy and are moving forward.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 11:14am On Sep 05, 2020
Hahahaha

The Bush man has switched moniker again. I will never tell you how we busted you lest you make amends to cover your trails. Why are you useless? I mean why have you decided to be useless to yourself.

Obiano is the best governor in Nigeria and not your bitterness and frustration can change that. Lost village goat. cheesy

[s]
mktinsight:

Pandax you said it all. Do not mind Obiano's paid slaves on this thread. Obiano is a failure in any big project. He has been promising International Conference Center since 2016. We are in 2020. He built rubbish flyovers and couldnt even complete 3KM of expressway. That is what you get when you go to your village to hire Commissioner of Works who then hands it over to inexperienced Lebanese boys.A lot of Obi's projects were mediocre by following the same idea of "empowering local contractors". Obi's only major achievements are thanks to CCC the construction giant that built the head bridge to Umunya Expressway and old Enugu road. Three lanes plus a service lane. Everything else built by Obi was rubbish and is falling apart because of all those local chop I chop contractors. Any sensible governor would hire the best contractors and then let local contractors look for sub-contracts under them on PERFORMANCE AND MERIT. Let them prove themselves by working under Julius Berger, RCC, CCC, etc. like Nestoil and Oilserv did with Shell and NNPC before being able to compete for contracts. If Obiano had awarded the ICC to a reputable company it would have been completed in under 2 years not his friends and associates still trying to figure out how to make Concrete look like the architectural drawings they were given.You don't play in Champions League with a novice inexperienced team. You go with experience and your best 11. If Anambra wants to remain a village state let our Governors continue hiring their village men and friends as contractors. Other people are hiring the best that their money can buy and are moving forward.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Get2go: 11:17am On Sep 05, 2020
Oneeast3, stop disgracing yourself. You think you are the only person that loves Anambra and her potentials. Nwanne park well. I bụ ezigbote ike.

Peeps, please continue with your inputs and criticism, as well as commendations.
Anambra will soar!!

Meanwhile, this a shot I got recently at AMC at Agu-Awka

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 11:20am On Sep 05, 2020
You are the one disgracing yourself, also you and your father bu ezigbote ike. You idiots should get out and open your own thread to masturbate there. The person that created this thread didn't do it for you nuisants. Obiano is the best, but if you think otherwise then bring your useless father to contest election, at least he is from Anambra.

[s]
Get2go:
Oneeast3, stop disgracing yourself. You think you are the only person that loves Anambra and her potentials. Nwanne park well. I bụ ezigbote ike.Peeps, please continue with your inputs and criticism, as well as commendations.
Anambra will soar!!Meanwhile, this a shot I got recently at AMC at Agu-Awka
[/s]
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 11:30am On Sep 05, 2020
oneeast3:
Mechionu nwokem. Anambra is already moving forward in all areas of development ahead of any state in the region. Your inputs are not needed here because it is useless and worthless, use it to fix your miserable broken life. Anambra has had 3 consecutive administrations of good governance from Ngige to Obi and now Obiano. We hope to up the game further in the next ballot. So we don't need your useless inputs because they are mere distractions. You can open your own thread to continue spewing the same rubbish because this thread wasn't opened for you to come and litter it with unfounded rubbish. Someone that cannot even win election in his family is talking about HOR, and placing the cart before the horse. That's how to know failures that usually hatch their eggs before it is laid.

[s][/s]

There is no point abusing people who have a contrary opinion to yours on issues. You do not know who I am and I do not know who you are in the society, so why don't we maintain decorum. I understand you were paid to do a job, and on the basis of what you have displayed, thus this far, I do not think you explicitly have the required attributes to deliver.

I repeat we might have Africa best Airport by design, but we cannot build African best Airport as being trumpeted with IDC as the contractor- take that to the bank

I agree with you that we need to up the ante/raise the bar in the next ballot - Prof Soludo is good, so is Dr Mmaduka (Let Ndi Anambra decide); On my part, I can lend my expertise to either of them when called upon.

I will equally agree with you that Ngige, Obi and Obiano tried, but their best are not good enough for us, we need to raise the bar VERY high

Take care my friend

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1322) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: naturalman and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.