Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2085324 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
ANAMBRA State is making plans to build a world-class market that befits Awka, the state capital.

Briefing newsmen in his office at Awka, the Commissioner for Trade, Commerce, Market and Wealth Creation and Industry, Anambra State, Dr. Christian Chukwuma Madubuko stated that the market to be built must be of international standard.

He argued that the state capital is long overdue for a standard market, noting that the congested Eke Awka Market does not portray the right image needed to profile the state, the most populous and industrialized state in the South East in Nigeria. He cited the Austrian standard as the benchmark for the international market. “This means the market must have motor parks, fire station, and every other thing you can think of in a modern market.”

The commissioner condemned the attitude of some individuals who park their vehicles anywhere they like in the market; and some market leaders who build illegal shops and all sorts of attachments inside the market, to make money for themselves, describing the situation as abnormal and totally unacceptable by Anambra State government.

Dr. Madubuko stressed that markets ought to have wide pathways to allow free flow of vehicles, also pedestrians’ paths for human traffic. He pointed out that markets are supposed to be the cleanest place, with proper drainage and waste disposal system, all these which will be a common feature in the new Awka market.

SEE ALSO: Commodity price as at this week
The commissioner revealed that the proposed new market would be rid of fraudsters, who collect revenue from traders and to enrich themselves; dupe and pickpockets, who deceive and steal from unsuspecting buyers.

The Commissioner therefore declared that in no distant time, Eke Awka Market must surely be decongested and rebuilt to reach modern standards because the state government is making efforts to give Ndi Anambra the best they deserved.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ok , the proposed market is to be sited at a different location but I am concerned about the current state of eke Awka and all these other condemnations by the Commissioner of individuals who build stalls indiscriminately in the market is nothing but shameful. What is the job of the Commissioner and the task force established by the state?

The state is crying over civilians who are breaking laws while they (government) do nothing about it. Obiano has been a governor for 6yrs plus yet nothing has been done about eke Awka. Motorist , petty traders , illegal stalls , hawkers etc have turned our state capital into a dumpster. It's a failure of Obiano government!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2020
IDENNAA:
Ok , the proposed market is to be sited at a different location but I am concerned about the current state of eke Awka and all these other condemnations by the Commissioner of individuals who build stalls indiscriminately in the market is nothing but shameful. What is the job of the Commissioner and the task force established by the state?

The state is crying over civilians who are breaking laws while they (government) do nothing about it. Obiano has been a governor for 6yrs plus yet nothing has been done about eke Awka. Motorist , petty traders , illegal stalls , hawkers etc have turned our state capital into a dumpster. It's a failure of Obiano government!

The market will be moved out 100% to the new site. Hopefully before this present administration winds up.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
IDENNAA:
ANAMBRA State is making plans to build a world-class market that befits Awka, the state capital.

Briefing newsmen in his office at Awka, the Commissioner for Trade, Commerce, Market and Wealth Creation and Industry, Anambra State, Dr. Christian Chukwuma Madubuko stated that the market to be built must be of international standard.

He argued that the state capital is long overdue for a standard market, noting that the congested Eke Awka Market does not portray the right image needed to profile the state, the most populous and industrialized state in the South East in Nigeria. He cited the Austrian standard as the benchmark for the international market. “This means the market must have motor parks, fire station, and every other thing you can think of in a modern market.”

The commissioner condemned the attitude of some individuals who park their vehicles anywhere they like in the market; and some market leaders who build illegal shops and all sorts of attachments inside the market, to make money for themselves, describing the situation as abnormal and totally unacceptable by Anambra State government.

Dr. Madubuko stressed that markets ought to have wide pathways to allow free flow of vehicles, also pedestrians’ paths for human traffic. He pointed out that markets are supposed to be the cleanest place, with proper drainage and waste disposal system, all these which will be a common feature in the new Awka market.

SEE ALSO: Commodity price as at this week
The commissioner revealed that the proposed new market would be rid of fraudsters, who collect revenue from traders and to enrich themselves; dupe and pickpockets, who deceive and steal from unsuspecting buyers.

The Commissioner therefore declared that in no distant time, Eke Awka Market must surely be decongested and rebuilt to reach modern standards because the state government is making efforts to give Ndi Anambra the best they deserved.

Thank you for posting all the information from the link.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2020
Isiagu is a neighboring town not an Awka suburb. It's called Eke AWKA not Eke Isiagu. Awka has lots of land at Ifite Awka and at Agu Awka. That is where it should be built not Isiagu. Agu Awka in particular is less than 5 km from the original Eke Awka along Zik Avenue and is practically undeveloped. The government should design the market and sell stalls to traders and run it. The old Eke Awka should be removed entirely and a city hall built there. Of course what they are not saying is the fact that the Catholic Church is the biggest landlord in Eke Awka.

AmericanQuarter:

Thank you brother. This report is from 2018, work has been quietly going on at Isi-agu, a suburb of Awka where a more modern market is being developed. I am not very sure if this is the 3D or something. They will be moved here once it is completed.

https://www.nationallightngr.com/2018/05/11/anambra-to-build-world-class-market-in-awka/

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2020
Mechionu this useless frustrated vagabond. Isiagu is part of Awka capital territory, so anywhere within the territory is okay for the main market development. Your ITK has made you to be reasoning like an idiot. You are just an empty headed fool. Get lost with your inputs because they are useless and worthless.

[s]
mktinsight:
Isiagu is a neighboring town not an Awka suburb. It's called Eke AWKA not Eke Isiagu. Awka has lots of land at Ifite Awka and at Agu Awka. That is where it should be built not Isiagu. Agu Awka in particular is less than 5 km from the original Eke Awka along Zik Avenue and is practically undeveloped. The government should design the market and sell stalls to traders and run it. The old Eke Awka should be removed entirely and a city hall built there. Of course what they are not saying is the fact that the Catholic Church is the biggest landlord in Eke Awka.
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2020
Very good development. Thank you for clarification. You guys are doing a great job. Don't mind idiots like mktinsight. cheesy

AmericanQuarter:

Thank you brother. This report is from 2018, work has been quietly going on at Isi-agu, a suburb of Awka where a more modern market is being developed. I am not very sure if this is the 3D or something. They will be moved here once it is completed.

https://www.nationallightngr.com/2018/05/11/anambra-to-build-world-class-market-in-awka/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2020
mktinsight:

It has been addressed, sir.
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
IDENNAA:

I need a governor who has a sense of doing things the right way...sand dunes on the roads , water supply , poor road finishing with side walk and green areas, tree planting along all major highways and streets, eke Awka demolished and build department stores with great architecture. We need a man with taste, culture, class and a doer

Welcome aboard. Standard is everything, I cannot emphasize less on that. Obiano really disappointed me. I expected much more from him with finesse in finishing, but he towed the line of typical Nigerian Politicians of awarding infrastructural contracts to cronies without any expertise. The result is what we are seeing allover the state. Look at open drainages everywhere in Awka and Onitsha. No single dual carriageway done by state government of any road above 5km.

I really hope Soludo or Maduka will up the ante of quality in Anambra development.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2020
It is your useless father that disappointed you and not Obiano. Obiano has done so well and delivered on quality projects, infact he is the best in this region when we consider all sectors of development and we proud of him and his developmental strides. Again, stop calling on Soludo or Maduka, start calling own your father. All you do here is coming to blow unfounded rubbish. Call on your own father to come contest the next election so you can churn out all the rubbish you have been spewing here as his adviser. Or is your father not from Anambra? This thread is not where they sell party nomination form.

[s]
pandax:

Welcome aboard. Standard is everything, I cannot emphasize less on that. Obiano really disappointed me. I expected much more from him with finesse in finishing, but he towed the line of typical Nigerian Politicians of awarding infrastructural contracts to cronies without any expertise. The result is what we are seeing allover the state. Look at open drainages everywhere in Awka and Onitsha. No single dual carriageway done by state government of any road above 5km. really hope Soludo or Maduka will up the ante of quality in Anambra development.
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by pandax: 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
oneeast3:
It is your useless father that disappointed you and not Obiano. Obiano has done so well and infact he is the best in this region when we consider all sectors of development and we proud of him and his developmental strides. Again, stop calling on Soludo or Maduka, start calling your father. All you do here is coming to blow lies and unfounded rubbish. Call on your father to come contest the next election. Or is your father not from Anambra? This thread is not where they sell party nomination form.

[s][/s]

You must still be a child for constantly calling on people father to come and contest. My father is late if you must know(May God continue to rest his soul) and I have all the capabilities to contest, but not interested in gubernatorial position.

Please everyone here is not unemploy or a child. You will be surprised to know whom you are insulting

With love from me. Thanks

10 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
Your stupidity knows no bounds. Please you must bring your father wherever he is to contest. So Soludo or Maduka that you have been calling are not someone's fathers? Why do you think that your own father is not fit or as qualified as the people you kept mentioning? If you feel that your father cannot compete that's the same way all that you have been blowing here are all rubbish. So stop being a nuisance here if you cannot champion the campaign of your own father to turn Anambra to America with a magic wand in just 2hrs. Willie remains the best in the region and Anambra is steadily moving forward ahead of others in the region. You have to deal with it.

[s]
pandax:

ou must still be a child for constantly calling on people father to come and contest. My father is late if you must know(May God continue to rest his soul) and I have all the capabilities to contest, but not gubernatorial position.Please everyone here is not unemploy or a child. You will be surprised to know who you are insulting
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2020
AmericanQuarter:
Innoson is obviously developing greater capacity to produce vehicles at a faster rate due to automated facilities at his plant in Anambra. Anambra state government took delivery of these ones from IVM. Buy Anambra, to grow Anambra.

Pictures: Ekwueme Square Awka

God continue to bless Anambra, the light of the nation
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2020
@oneeast3 guy stop attacking people criticizing this government sometimes they read people's comments and make amendment as a fan of Obiano I am not happy on how he handled road construction, he will embark on 100 road projects at once and end up completing non he did little on urban roads

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
oneeast3:
It is your useless father that disappointed you and not Obiano. Obiano has done so well and delivered on quality projects, infact he is the best in this region when we consider all sectors of development and we proud of him and his developmental strides. Again, stop calling on Soludo or Maduka, start calling own your father. All you do here is coming to blow unfounded rubbish. Call on your own father to come contest the next election so you can churn out all the rubbish you have been spewing here as his adviser. Or is your father not from Anambra? This thread is not where they sell party nomination form.

[s][/s]

All you do here is insult people and never added any quality in our discuss. You thereby portray Anambra in bad light and as a people who cant have a civil interactions and deliberate on important issues. You are a nuisance here, nothing more.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
Does this thread look like government house or ABS? This thread wasn't opened for idiots to come here to be spewing nonsense. If you want to criticise the government open your own thread and you won't see me there. We opened this thread and won't allow any idiot to hijack it. It doesn't cost a dime to create a thread where you can camp to criticise. That's the point.

Ceegar01:
@oneeast3 guy stop attacking people criticizing this government sometimes they read people's comments and make amendment as a fan of Obiano I am not happy on how he handled road construction, he will embark on 100 road projects at once and end up completing non he did little on urban roads

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
pandax:

Welcome aboard. Standard is everything, I cannot emphasize less on that. Obiano really disappointed me. I expected much more from him with finesse in finishing, but he towed the line of typical Nigerian Politicians of awarding infrastructural contracts to cronies without any expertise. The result is what we are seeing allover the state. Look at open drainages everywhere in Awka and Onitsha. No single dual carriageway done by state government of any road above 5km.

I really hope Soludo or Maduka will up the ante of quality in Anambra development.

There are some areas where he did well but Obiano did abysmally in roads and vegetation and yes most roads were done by his friends. I had a lot of hope in him but he failed in that regard.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
What have you added yourself? This thread is not for some useless people that are busy forming critics. Open your own thread and stay there but I won't allow any idiot hijack this thread that was opened for updates on Anambra development. If you have any complaint take it to ABS on Facebook or go to their station but not here. You are a nuisance here too, nothing more.

IDENNAA:

All you do here is insult people and never added any quality in our discuss. You thereby portray Anambra in bad light and as a people who cant have a civil interactions and deliberate on important issues. You are a nuisance here, nothing more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
oneeast3:
What have you added yourself? This thread is not for some useless people that are busy forming critics. Open your own thread and stay there but I won't allow any idiot hijack this thread that was opened for updates on Anambra development. If you have any complaint take it to ABS on Facebook or go to their station but not here. You are a nuisance here too, nothing more.

We are in firm control of this thread and nobody who doesn't mean well for the state can hijack this thread! We are Ndi Anambra and we must always tell our selves the truth not sugarcoating just to look nice in front of others.

As you might notice , Ebonyi is largely undeveloped and behind despite the whole fuss about Umahi but have you seen the quality of some of his projects however misplaced as they may seem.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
This thread is for updates on Anambra development just as the subject states. I know quite well that you are genuine, and always commend good jobs done and calls out the authorities where necessary. But there are some people like mktinsight that's practising his witchcraft on this thread. There are equally people I stilll respect here despite they are not even from Anambra, someone like proudigbo, he applauds good jobs done and calls out the authorities on things they should take care of, if any. That's how to be a good humanbeing that balances his thought process. Even the worst state in Nigeria still have something to be commended for, not to talk of a progressive state like Anambra that's doing so well in all fronts.

IDENNAA:

We are in firm control of this thread and nobody who doesn't mean well for the state can hijack this thread! We are Ndi Anambra and we must always tell our selves the truth not sugarcoating just to look nice in front of others.

As you might notice , Ebonyi is largely undeveloped and behind despite the whole fuss about Umahi but have you seen the quality of some of his projects however misplaced as they may seem.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2020
Mktinsight if you like camp on this thread, waiting for me to sleep so you can sneak in and dump your usual trashy witchcraft posts, unfortunately for you I will also be awake waiting for your post because this is Saturday night. We shall club here tonight. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2020
The truth is beating you up and down but you no Wan hear because of kobo kobo Obiano is paying you to abuse your elders online. Repent prostitute.

oneeast3:
Mktinsight if you like camp on this thread, waiting for me to sleep so you can sneak in and dump your usual trashy witchcraft posts, unfortunately for you I will also be awake waiting for your post because this is Saturday night. We shall club here tonight. cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2020
Useless frustrated old man, the truth about Obiano's developmental exploits is breaking your head and beating you into the ground but you no wan take ear hear. Who pays you kobo kobo to always come and camp here 24/7 and even at midnight just to make a post. Mktinsight you are cursed, repent from your demonic witchcraft.

[s]
mktinsight:
The truth is beating you up and down but you no Wan hear because of kobo kobo Obiano is paying you to abuse your elders online. Repent prostitute.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2020
mktinsight:

Dis idiot want to bring religion into it... U deserve everything chino serve u... U are a very big fool. All u do is cultivate division and criticise. I too know dat know nothing .. U no go find better thing do with ur useless life bitter soul...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2020
pandax:

You must still be a child for constantly calling on people father to come and contest. My father is late if you must know(May God continue to rest his soul) and I have all the capabilities to contest, but not interested in gubernatorial position.

Please everyone here is not unemploy or a child. You will be surprised to know whom you are insulting

Shut up u re mktinsight and a nobody.. Useless oversabi idiot

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2020
Ceegar01:

Dat guy deserve everything he get from chino. If u ve been following this thread. All d guy do is criticise.. His oversabi is on a different level

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Get2go: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2020
That Oneeast3 is not from Anambra, being from Ugwuoba doesn't make him onye Anambra. He's always acting Anambra-wannabe.
A character like that can't be from Anambra. I suggest we ignore him from now onwards.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 10:50pm On Sep 05, 2020
Your father is from Benue, therefore you are not even supposed be on this thread. If I am from ugwuoba it means I have a better chance of being here than you, whose father is from Benue. Anambra people here should ignore this man from Benue. tongue

[s]
Get2go:
That Oneeas3 is not from Anambra, being from Ugwuoba doesn't make him onye Anambra. He's always acting Anambra-wannabe.A character like that can't be from Anambra. I suggest we ignore him from now onwards.
[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by oneeast3: 11:35pm On Sep 05, 2020
Hahahaha

See the two-in-one cursed witches hovering like demons 24/7 on this thread. Monsters that have nothing else to do with their miserable lives except to camp on this thread night and day.

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 12:24am On Sep 06, 2020
The Awka International Market is an innovative project that will contribute to the growth and development of Anambra State.

It bears testament to the aggressive investment drive of the government of Anambra state, the ease of doing business in Anambra and the efforts of government to ensure the safety of lives and property of all in the State.

All relevant government departments are committed to providing maximum cooperation to the promoters of the project to ensure its timely completion

3D Images

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 12:25am On Sep 06, 2020
More

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (1321) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.