Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital (51590 Views)

Czech Republic Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of The State Of Israel / Full Text Of Trumps Speech Recognizing Jerusalem As Israel's Capital (Video, Pic / Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As The Capital Of Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by DrGoodmanFather: 2:24am On Dec 22, 2017
Bolster:

If US creditors should demand their own money-back too there may be no US economy again. Especially China, Saudi Arabia and other Middle East countries.

Do you think this is Gala business? You better ask why they are not asking for there money all these while?
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 22, 2017
chloride6:

1. A lot of people need American money.

2. Remember we derecognized Taiwans status when we needed Chinese money grin

3. We are still silently suffering for our homosexuality law, as the US won't sell us weapons.

4. Anybody who neglects the US does so at his own peril.

1. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-41564841

2. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/nigeria-severes-diplomatic-relations-taiwan-closes-abuja-office/
Nigeria never recognized Taiwan as a sovereign nation

3. http://saharareporters.com/2017/08/29/us-sells-n181-billion-warplanes-weapons-nigeria

4. http://www.newsweek.com/russia-tells-us-military-get-out-syria-756463

It is not right becos you feel it is right.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:00am On Dec 22, 2017
Dear Nigerians,

Face your country!

The US, Israel, Palestine and the UN can sort this out by themselves.

I mean, just take a look - almost 15 pages and counting over a matter in which our input will make absolutely no difference. Leave the elephants to fight, instead of struggling to be the grass on which they fight.

Some people here that have basically written scripture in support of or against the US' recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital have not written up to two lines about the problems bedeveling Nigeria.

Except you are a US or Israeli citizen or Palestinian, this is really not your business so...

FACE YOUR FRONT!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by MightySparrow: 3:24am On Dec 22, 2017
datribune:
d right decision
While Trump, the "p*ssy grabber" is just playing politics by energizing his political base of Evangelicals in d USA, Netanyahu is a dangerous & dishonest right wing zionist extremist who does not believe in peace. He had to resign his appointment as finance Minister in protest to Sharon's giving back of Gaza to d Palestinians in furtherance of d 2-state solution & peace.

As an enlightened Christian, i realize dat d Israel to whom God gave d land is not the same nation dat we call Israel today. God gave the land to a people united to him by a solemn covenant ( Ex. 19-20 ). The present state of Israel is a state that does not recognize d God of d Bible as its supreme Lord. These unbelieving Jews hav been broken off frm dis covenant for in their unbelief they regard Christianity as idolatry & Jesus as a false prophet who came to turn humanity away frm God.

It seems you don't understand what covenant, a pact partner's defaulting does not cancel its force
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 5:10am On Dec 22, 2017
datribune:
d right decision
While Trump, the "p*ssy grabber" is just playing politics by energizing his political base of Evangelicals in d USA, Netanyahu is a dangerous & dishonest right wing zionist extremist who does not believe in peace. He had to resign his appointment as finance Minister in protest to Sharon's giving back of Gaza to d Palestinians in furtherance of d 2-state solution & peace.

As an enlightened Christian, i realize dat d Israel to whom God gave d land is not the same nation dat we call Israel today. God gave the land to a people united to him by a solemn covenant ( Ex. 19-20 ). The present state of Israel is a state that does not recognize d God of d Bible as its supreme Lord. These unbelieving Jews hav been broken off frm dis covenant for in their unbelief they regard Christianity as idolatry & Jesus as a false prophet who came to turn humanity away frm God.

I AM ALSO HAPPY

JERUSALEM REMAINS CAPITAL OF PALESTINE

SHAME ON TRUMP

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ugosample(m): 5:35am On Dec 22, 2017
MrRichmond:
Last year US gave the UN 40 billion dollars in aid, he he he...
I pity UN o..
you don't bite the hand that feeds you.
When they go broke, you will see as they will all line up to suck Trump's c0ck...
Trump is not Obama, they go hear am next year!

If the U.S. makes that mistake, the gap will quickly be filled by other powers, e.g. China et al.

America will then lose a lot of foreign influence and reach

40b is chicken change to many of these countries.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ugosample(m): 5:45am On Dec 22, 2017
oloyolo:

once again 2 Timothy 3:13 comes to mind "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived".

bro pray that God reveals some mysteries to you.

That guy you quoted is right
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ugosample(m): 5:47am On Dec 22, 2017
Demmzy15:
The US can't veto this, in fact UK and I think France voted in favor!

actually, the U.S. can
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by anonimi: 6:22am On Dec 22, 2017
datribune:
d right decision

Your first paragraph about the political motivation of Trump and Netanyahu is spot on.
However, you are all confused in the second paragraph. Read the Bible to see that the God referred to in the Old Testament is a tribal/national God of Israel/Jews as opposed to the Universal/Unknown God for everyone in the New Testament preached by Jesus Christ and explained by Apostle Paul etc.
Big difference.
I am certain that the Palestines who were in the country called Palestine before Israel was created in 1948 by the western powers also have "verifiable" stories of how their own God gave them the land. Every tribe has its own God who led them and gave them the land they claim as their ancestral home. Not dissimilar from the stories in the Old Testament.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6391004_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3304018_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by sunnyeinstein(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2017
RealNGN:
This Trumpet self...sowi Trump jare.
One day he will like to see Lagos as Capital of Nigeria again.

We no go mind! cool
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Chukazu: 7:22am On Dec 22, 2017
Demmzy15:
You didn't answer my question, where was Israel during those times. In case you don't know history, Jerusalem was controlled by the Canaanites for more than 1,000 years, the Jews only controlled it for around 250 years. Muslims have controlled it for more than 1,000 years.

Israel wasn't even existing during the lifetime of Jesus

So by your saying... occupation of land automatically equates ownership?
Does occupation by Romans and Muslim-Arab now equates ownership?

Israel wasn't existing how exactly?

Does the fact that they were ruled by the Romans eliminate their existence?

How does the fact that Nigeria was colonized by the British eliminate our existence for the 99years it happened?

The very people you refer to As Palestinians are Arab occupiers . They occupy the whole of North Africa and some middle East, but you Palestinian sympathizers never ask them to vacate those places ,you are more interested in Jerusalem?

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:37am On Dec 22, 2017
oloyolo:

grin grin grin lot of gullible fellas around hia
Mr not gullible i am sure you have heard trump accuse Russia and China of trying to enter the global stage,just sit down there and watch.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by mvem(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2017
bluetrails7:
The UN has become the epitome of a joke. When the capital of Nigeria was moved to Abuja, did it require the UN to veto such decision?

Clowns, Israel,America and Christians are forever, they can go and die
...i think you dont understand the sensitivity of jerusalem in world politics for many years now.What trump did just heightened tension in already volatile middleast...and even christain uk, germany,france etc voted agsinst trump

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by larryUG(m): 8:10am On Dec 22, 2017
rusher14:

The US has always had a consulate in Jerusalem.
Did i say they will move the consulate? Read again. I said EMBASSY. They will move the embassy to Jerusalem and move the consulate to Tel Aviv. Stop relying on the UN. They no get power. Only to pass resolutions. Nothing more
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Morenikeji900: 8:20am On Dec 22, 2017
bigfish3k:

did Israel tell u not to come and wipe them off?. come nah
they have tried it almost ten times and ended up loosing more lands and pleaded with Israel to stop to stop the war

nothing stopping u, u can try again with ur 128 mushroom countries, whether all of them no go loose land and beg to stop the war

I believe in Israel
don't be deceived Isreal gonna be wipe off totally if they find trouble rather they trynna respect themselves
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by leye4u: 8:24am On Dec 22, 2017
uncjay:

so who are the 'Hebrews'? it remains Israel's native and official language till today......

I'm yet to understand what you intend saying oh.
that's my point... Jerusalem belongs to Israel

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Bluffly: 8:49am On Dec 22, 2017
okpor2:
non binding resolution? hope you people understand this? So long as US vetoed the decision at the security council nothing happens again
Please explain further
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Bluffly: 8:59am On Dec 22, 2017
Adegokeakeem:
I wonder wat has gotten into Trumps brain.....guess dis man hate peace
Have you forgotten he is a Republican. They are unlike our politicians who stad for nothing but themselves. Republicans are always battle and glory ready while Democrats are Economy and Social relationship gurus
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Befii: 9:08am On Dec 22, 2017
wasspord:

Boosit! We all know how all conventional warfare between the Israelis and the Arab world have ended up. From the 6 Days War to the Yom Kippur war; Israel has always come from behind to usurp and either maintain frontier lines or almost always expand their frontiers as in the case of the Yom Kippur war going as far as crossing the Suez Canal before Big-Mummy-UN stepped in to avoid total annihilation of Pan-Arab enemy forces. It has also been proven as well as dutifully demonstrated over and over again that the Muslim/Arab  world has not adapted to modern military/ conventional warfare (http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars). Evidence even aside from the Israel-(Pan)Arab border conflicts like that of the routing of Saddam's Army during America's invasion of Iraq under Bush 41 to the pathetic Iran-Iraq war which both sides were equally incompetent neither able to achieve their objectives to India's panel beating of Pakistan which eventually led to the carving out of Bangladesh out of the latter to more recent cases in the Saudi-Yemen conflict were rag tag Houthi rebels were and are still able to hold their own against the much better funded and equipped Saudi coalition.

However, The Achilles heel with conventional warfare is that while it is relatively easy to achieve tactical objectives, it is much more difficult to achieve strategic goals. The US tasted that bitter pill in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan just as the Commies did earlier on in the latter. Non-Conventional/Guerilla warfare has proven much more effective and the Arabs seem to do just well here as proven by the PLO resistance in Lebanon where Israel for the first time experienced their first strategic 'defeat' to the Taliban's expulsion of the Commies and many more cases during the Arab Spring.
Notwithstanding, I can assure you that as long as conventional warfare is concerned Israel would single handedly kick Iran @$$ so far in that the Ayatollah would have to start using toilet paper as substitute material for his turbans.
Every single time Arab armies try to go conventional: THEY. ALWAYS. GET. THEIR. SH!T. PUSHED. IN.

Now as for the NorKos there are only two things keeping them away from serious @$$ whooppings:
1. The barrage of artillery at the NorKo side of the DMZ aimed at Seoul
2. China

As for the latter, we know China would support NorKo as failure to do so would lead to a Unified Korea which means two things:
1. Influx of NorKo refugees.
2. U.S presence right next them.

The former can be managed adroitly without much backlash; the latter not so much. It would be the equivalent of the Cuban missiles crisis for the CCP. Which is why they assisted them during the Korean war and will continue to do so despite paying lip service to Trump.

Hmmm. Iran is now the major power player in the middle east. You mentioned the fact that Houthi rebels are able to contain the much better equipped Saudi-led coalition forces, do you know that it is Iran that has made that possible. The houthis rebels are fighting against Saudi Arabia that is dependent on US made advance weapons. Iran is also very powerful cause Assad has won the war in Syria due to Iranian interference. Should US go to war against Iran today, it would be like third world war. Iran has indigenous home grown industry for almost anything you want to think of, Iran manufactures weapons, war planes, drones and many unknown military surprise for their enemies. Get it clear that in many ways Iran has been asking for war from all its enemies in the Middle east. The missiles being fired to Saudi Arabia by the Houthis on daily basis are supplied by Iran. That's why the Houthis are powerful. And Iran is far ahead of Israel in science and research, has the latest conventional military hardwares and offensive missiles that can reach all of Israel. The numerous amount of proxy fighters operate even beyond the Iranian horizon, so they can wage war against you anywhere and any time. This is quickly achieved with their policy of expansionism, Israel has always wanted to strike Iran but US the puppeteer master would tell Israel not to go ahead cause it shall be a big mistake. Iran is always winning. Do your research, with or without war their objectives are reached.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ayobami4u: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2017
foolish country that deep on America for all their life re still voting against trump. useless president that forgot that America has been more useful and helping than the hopeless British that gave them independence. by the time trump deal wit this yeye buhari his head will be correct. hopeless nation.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Ayobami4u: 9:43am On Dec 22, 2017
foolish country that depend on America for all their life re still voting against trump. useless president that forgot that America has been more useful and helping than the hopeless British that gave them independence. by the time trump deal wit this yeye buhari his head will be correct. hopeless nation.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 22, 2017
mvem:
...i think you dont understand the sensitivity of jerusalem in world politics for many years now.What trump did just heightened tension in already volatile middleast...and even christain uk, germany,france etc voted agsinst trump

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Mujtahida: 9:59am On Dec 22, 2017
datribune:
d right decision

I am quite pleased that you wrote this because most Christians are abysmally ignorant about Isreal and the Jews. They cozen up to anything Jewish forgetting that that Jews are the prime enemies of Christianity. Jesus called them the sons of the devil, Paul called them the enemies of all humanity and in the book of Revelations they are called synagogue of Satan and impostor Jews. I have studied Judaism, the Jewish question and allied matters for five years now. If you are interested I can give you titles of books by Christian authors who are aware of the menace of world jewry.

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Oh keep quiet.Truth is Palestinians have a right to Jerusalem am i lying when i said that Israel became a state in 1948 if you like call them Israelites i was just referring to what they are now called the Jerusalem declaration holds no water because the Palestinians would not watch the take Jerusalem without them dividing it.Since you say i can't read go and research about the al-aqsa mosque and the dome of the rock and it's significance to the Muslims and Palestinians.East Jerusalem should be given to the Palestinians and west Jerusalem to the jews,Mr intelligent.

I guess you ignorant of the numerous times Palestine as always badly advised by the Arab League have rejected the East Jerusalem as their Capital by Israel.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by bigfish3k: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2017
Morenikeji900:
don't be deceived Isreal gonna be wipe off totally if they find trouble rather they trynna respect themselves

its impossible to destroy Israel, have u read their survival history? why do u think the arabs are afraid of them

God is using America to support Israel so as to make sure his promise to them stands

reflect on ur own and conclude whether Trumps election is not divine
reflect, and see that israels 6m jews population defeated more than 300m arab population

reflect and see that God is with them and has proven it in all the wars with the arabs and will do it again and the arabs will shout genocide again and beg for the war to stop after Israel must have added more from their lands

or who are the countries u think will fight Israel. Europe wouldn't dare it, the Americas wouldn't, Christian African countries wouldn't, Australia wouldn't. they can only support non binding resolutions in order to look good and democratic but when it comes to real war arabs will face it alone
or why do u think the UN has not raised an army to enforce its numerous resolutions against Israel, but let one arab country try what Israel is doing and see UN military led by the US in action

the fact is that Gods promise is with Israel and nobody has solution on it

I repeat nobody can destroy Israel because I believe the bible
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by bigfish3k: 10:44am On Dec 22, 2017
Morenikeji900:
and again don't forget that Israel has "find so many trouble" ie they are still building on occupied land till today, they still have the lands of Syria,egypt(though Egypt has wisely negotiated themselves out), Lebanon,jordan,palestine and any other country neighboring them just as the bible has said of them, that they shall conquer all the lands of their neighbours

and most recently Jerusalem as their capital, so which other trouble are u waiting for to wipe them off,
which respect are u talking about, people that don't respect UN resoltions are the ones u said are respecting themselves

btw, I so much love israel

1 Like

Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by olatade(m): 10:48am On Dec 22, 2017
These are the 8 countries who voted with the U.S. at the U.N. against the resolution condemning the Trump administration's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital:

▪️ Guatemala
▪️ Honduras
▪️ Israel
▪️ Marshall Islands
▪️ Micronesia
▪️ Nauru
▪️ Palau
▪️ Togo

Congratulations, Donald, you've assembled a mighty coalition of outriggers and fishing skiffs to take on the world.
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by salesforce: 10:54am On Dec 22, 2017
Really
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by bigpicture001: 10:56am On Dec 22, 2017
exlinkleads:
good
..olz sir,explain to me what is good about this
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by bigpicture001: 10:59am On Dec 22, 2017
41sabo:
A v.good decission just for a peace to reighn.
I now my words will nt b consider by d developers.
..which peace..? has there been peace there since u learnt to write a,b,c..?
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by Mechejy: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2017
datribune:
d right decision

is not your bizness.God already has recorded it in bible. even your devil's manual koran recognise it
Re: UN Votes, Rejects Trump's Decision On Recognition Of Jerusalem As Israel Capital by debolayinka(m): 11:03am On Dec 22, 2017
Me ayam not understanding this Jerusalem issue oooo. Abeg wetin concern UN, US, and all of us, with where Israel chooses as her capital?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin Accused Of Taking Muscle-Boosting Steroids (Photos) / Afghanistan: Trump Calls For Biden To Resign / DonaId Trump: I Will Give up Power If Electoral College Votes Biden In December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.