Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual (1988 Views)

I’m Attracted To Older Ladies And I’m Sapiosexual / 6 Signs You Are Just A Side Chick / 6 Signs She Really Wanna have sex with you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by CyberGypsy(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
originally written by Justin Gammil

Some people consider the term “sapiosexual” to just be
the newest buzz word when it comes to dating and
relationships. But if you are like me, and are attracted
intensely to someone because of their mind, then you
understand that this isn’t just a passing trend.
Sapiosexuality is a real thing. So how do you know if
you are a sapiosexual? The first, most obvious place to
look is your dating habits:

Source: iheartintelligence.com/2016/03/24/absolute-sapiosexual/

Book Stores Over Bars

I use the example of bookstores and bars because it’s a
common enough cliché, but the point here is that you
care about where you go. One thing about sapiosexuals
that rings true across the board is that they are into
substance. Not just in how they spend their time, but in
who they spend it with. If you’d rather spend a day
wandering through a new museum than spend a night
getting hit on by jerks, chances are, you’re more of a
sapiosexual than you think you are.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by ShawttySoFyne(f): 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2017
#Following.
Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by QuietHammer(m): 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2017
Bla bla bla. Dumb idiots now throw the overly used word about to feel intelligent. Spare us the bullshit!
Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by CyberGypsy(m): 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2017
Witty Banter Over Mundane Conversation

Conversations on dates, especially first dates, can be the
highest form of tedium known to modern man. First
dates are more like job interviews most times. The
sapiosexual in us need not only good conversation but
truly witty banter. Banter meaning you are trading
comments like boxers trade jabs. Banter isn’t just
talking, it’s thinking on your feet in vocal form. The key
here is not just that you can communicate, but that you
can do it creatively. If sarcasm is the language in which
you choose to communicate in, chances are, that you
are a sapiosexual.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by CyberGypsy(m): 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2017
Silence Over Small Talk
Sometimes, the best conversations are the ones where nothing is said at all. This is the case when you’re actually in a relationship with someone and there isn’t a need to fill every single moment of silence with conversation. Sometimes you just want to be in your own head for a minute. To think, or daydream, or just relax and enjoy the moment. If the idea of being able to snuggle on a couch and read together is your idea of heaven, chances are, that you are a sapiosexual.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by CyberGypsy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2017
Substance Over Popularity
The last thing most people who qualify as sapiosexuals are interested in is whatever is trendy. Sure, you might find a sapiosexual at a night club, but I can almost guarantee they don’t want to be there. Sapiosexuals don’t always run with the “pack” like others do. Again, it boils down to how you spend your time that matters the most. Sapiosexuals tend to care about what the people they date are into, because it is a sign of who they are as a person. If you’ve ever ranked a date based solely on the choice of location, chances are, that you are a sapiosexual.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by CyberGypsy(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2017
QuietHammer:
Bla bla bla. Dumb idiots now throw the overly used word about to feel intelligent. Spare us the bullshit!

I just felt like leaving you to roam, you are free.
Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by CyberGypsy(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2017
Taste Over Trends

Again, sapiosexuals tend to value substance over what is popular. This means they prefer things like a live music venue made for 100 people listening to a band no one has ever heard of, over a stadium rock show with some top 40 band. Individual taste is important. You have to make sure that the person you are dating, at the very least, has similar tastes if only to ensure that you can go on a road trip together with having to endure terrible music. More importantly, taste in music and movies is all about who you are as an individual. If you’ve ever quit talking to a potential mate based on their CD collection, chances are, that you are a sapiosexual.
[img]

2 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by CyberGypsy(m): 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
Grammar Over Selfies

This is a weird one, but a big one for some people. With the advent of texting, I think it is important to maintain control over the written language. There are few things that turn me off quite like a text that requires a Rosetta stone and a search on Urban Dictionary to decipher. Don’t even get me started on emoji’s… If nothing is sexier to you than the correct usage of “there” and “their”, chances are very high that you are a sapiosexual.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2017
I don't need all these to know am an absolute sapiosexual.
I only roll with intelligent folks.
Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by Doctormarrvin: 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2017
Lol, everybody is sapiosexual..my 6 months old cousin is sapiosexual too
Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by CyberGypsy(m): 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
Purebeerry:
I don't need all these to know am an absolute sapiosexual.

I only roll with intelligent folks.
good for u
Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by CyberGypsy(m): 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2017
Doctormarrvin:
Lol, everybody is sapiosexual..my 6 months old cousin is sapiosexual too
grin look at this clown

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2017
sapiosexual ..metrosexual undecided they just be creating useless words to describe types of people.unless its used to describe a sexual orientation no need for these to end in 'sexual'
Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 23, 2017
I don't necessarily have to extol all the listed features before knowing I go for intellectual worthwhile and stimulating "thing"
Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by IamIBK: 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2017
CyberGypsy:
originally written by Justin Gammil

Some people consider the term “sapiosexual” to just be
the newest buzz word when it comes to dating and
relationships. But if you are like me, and are attracted
intensely to someone because of their mind, then you
understand that this isn’t just a passing trend.
Sapiosexuality is a real thing. So how do you know if
you are a sapiosexual? The first, most obvious place to
look is your dating habits:

Source: iheartintelligence.com/2016/03/24/absolute-sapiosexual/

Book Stores Over Bars

I use the example of bookstores and bars because it’s a
common enough cliché, but the point here is that you
care about where you go. One thing about sapiosexuals
that rings true across the board is that they are into
substance. Not just in how they spend their time, but in
who they spend it with. If you’d rather spend a day
wandering through a new museum than spend a night
getting hit on by jerks, chances are, you’re more of a
sapiosexual than you think you are.

Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2017
Here we go again with the mentions. Smh.
Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by DarkRebel69: 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
CyberGypsy:
Grammar Over Selfies

This is a weird one, but a big one for some people. With
the advent of texting, I think it is important to
maintain control over the written language. There are
few things that turn me off quite like a text that
requires a Rosetta stone and a search on Urban
Dictionary to decipher. Don’t even get me started on
emoji’s… If nothing is sexier to you than the correct
usage of “there” and “their”, chances are very high that
you are a sapiosexual

It's a grand misconception by equating Grammar Nazis with Sapiosexuals.

I think obsessing over grammar is more the nature of a pedant. Besides, accurate grammar is less the function of intelligence and more the function of attentiveness and situational context.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Signs That You’re An Absolute Sapiosexual by essentialone(m): 8:18am On Feb 06
Deeply, I am a Sapiosexual

(1) (Reply)

We Were Just Having Fun But This Psycho Wants To Destroy My Marriage / Is It Normal To Have Intercourse With Older Women / Check Out This Amazing Weight Loss Of This 22year Old Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.