Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (56494 Views)

"Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / FEIRE - A Romance Story / Jailbird Readers, I Brought You Episode 71 To Episode 92 (Click And Enjoy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by nastynic(m): 10:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
Another Master Piece.... Nairalands Story Of All Time

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by itsandi(m): 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2018
interesting update... Enjoy interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by ItzPrinceIB(m): 8:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
What An Emotional Story!
I Think I've Let Lose Of Tears More Than The Computer Can Count, More Than The Memory Can Remember.
Oyinprince Yo Da Bomb Mehn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:48pm On Feb 14, 2018

® 18+ SNVL

© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

She notices that Chris has gotten down from the motorbike and kicked it up on its stand, and has gotten down but he has made no attempt to climb to the veranda to Baaba.

Baaba has descended the steps and is standing in front of Chris.

Eyram leans on the balustrade of the porch and looks at them, and she is absolutely shocked by how rapidly her heart is beating.

BAABA

(shyly)

Chris. Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for you for a long time.

CHRIS

(softly)

You could've called my phone.

BAABA

I did. Twice. You didn't pick up.

Chris unclips his phone from his waist and pushes the power button.

The screen lights up and he sees several missed calls. The phone is on silent mode because he had not wanted disturbances during his time with Effe and Junior.

CHRIS

Sorry. Silent mode.

BAABA

That's okay, my love. Would wait for eternity for you. Take me inside, Chris, and make sweet love to me again.

Chris sighs and takes a step closer. He places a hand on her shoulder.

CHRIS

(softly)

I'm sorry, Baaba. I can't do that, not now.

She stiffens, and the joy leaves her face.

She takes a step back slowly so that his hand falls from her shoulder, and she cocks her head to one side and looks at him, and he sees the hurt in the depths of her eyes.

BAABA

(painfully)

What are you talking about, Chris? You told me ...no, you promised me that if you touched me, or made love to me, that meant you'll be ready to take it to the next level. You told me that, and that's why you didn't make love to me in my apartment. But you made love to me, right there in your room, so we are a couple now. You're the only man I've willingly given my body to, and now what the hell are you telling me?

Chris is evidently bothered. He looks desperately at her and goes closer to her.

CHRIS

I'm sorry, Baaba. You know where my heart is. I have not lied to you about that. That night we made love, I was hurting. I saw Effe and Steve in a way that made me believe everything was over between Effe and me. That was my conviction. I was hurting and I was lonely, I couldn't control myself, I just wanted the pain to go away.

Her face is expressionless, and she watches him with eyes that are soft and impossible to read.

BAABA

So, what changed, Chris? Why are you refusing to sleep with me now?

CHRIS

I was with Effe and my son today, and I learnt that Effe and Steve are not intimate. There's a chance that Effe and I could work things out, Baaba! And I want to take that chance. I’m telling you all this because I care. I don’t want you to settle for less. I can choose to be with you but you will never have my heart. My heart was taken a long time ago. I don’t think that is fair to a kind person like you.

Her jaw tightens, and he sees that her hands are balled up into very angry fists.

She is breathing hard, and he sees that suddenly her face is full of sweat as if a bucket of water has been poured over her.

It disconcerts him greatly.

BAABA

So, what happens to me? You f*** me and drop me like a used sanitary pad, Chris?

CHRIS

(alarmed)

No, no, no, Baaba! Come on! How could you say such a thing! Something beautiful happened between us. It was at a time I was so vulnerable and lost, yes. But you must understand me. I love Effe. I'll always love her, and until the door is finally closed, I doubt I would be able to love you the way you expect me to, the way you deserve to be loved, Baaba. It's never been my intention to hurt you, please.

BAABA

(bitterly)

Second best, right, Chris? You want me to be your second best? Jesus, do you know just how much I care for you? I'm ready to give you everything! I was with you, day and night, inside that damn prison keeping you alive, encouraging you, motivating you... whilst she was out here f***ing your best friend, and she never, not even once, visited you in prison! And you will choose her over me?

CHRIS

(sighing)

This is not about choices, Baaba. You knew all along that I still loved Effe. You were there, you knew. You saw my pain and you supported me. I will forever be grateful for that. I'm really sorry you misunderstood our getting together the other night. I behaved badly, I know, but I wasn’t looking for a relationship. I’m in no state to think of that right now. I just got out of jail. I’ve lost everything and until I rebuild my life, I can’t commit to anyone else. I’m really sorry. If I have hurt you, please forgive me because it was never my intention to do so.

Baaba relaxes suddenly.

Her fists unclench, and she turns her head slowly, working out the kinks in her neck with her eyes closed.

She finally opens her eyes and smiles at him, a sweet smile that lights up her whole face, making her look as innocent as a child.

She holds out her arms to him.

BAABA

(sweetly)

I'm so sorry, Chris. It's just that I love you so much. I loved the way you made love to me, the way you touched my body. But I understand, love is powerful, and you love Effe. Hmmm, it's okay, darling. I'll just be your friend then.

CHRIS

(sighing with relief)

Thank you, Baaba. Thank you for understanding.

They hug tightly.

Up on the porch Eyram closes her eyes, and wonders why she feels that strange sharp twinge in her heart at the sight of them that close.

Baaba breaks free from Chris and walks past him.

She stumbles suddenly and falls down.

BAABA

(painfully)

Ouch!

Chris approaches her, his face concerned.

CHRIS

(anxiously)

Baaba! Sorry, are you hurt? Let me help you up!

Chris bends to help Baaba up.

She has not really tripped. She had just pretended, and as she sits on the grassy ground her right hand is holding a huge chunk of rock she has seen, and which had been her target for feigning a fall in the first place.

She grips the rock tightly, and as Chris bends to help her up she suddenly gives a blood-curdling scream.

Her face is no longer human. It is twisted into the most hideous of expressions, her eyes bulging, her nose flaring, her mouth open in a frightful snarl.

She brings her right hand round, still clutching the rock, catching Chris totally by surprise.

Baaba slams the rock into his left temple, and a million stars explode in Chris' head.

It is as if he has run into a wall. She is quite a strong girl, and the blow is hefty.

Chris falls with a moan of pain.

On the porch Eyram sees what has happened and she begins to run towards them, her fear lodging in her throat.

EYRAM

(fearfully)

Oh sweet Jesus! Oh dear, oh dear! CB! Oh Chris, oh CB!

Chris drops to one knee, dazed, watching the screaming girl who is now looking like a lunatic.

She is still screaming as she brings the rock down hard on top of Chris' head, cracking his scalp!

Blood spurts down Chris' face immediately, and he holds up a hand weakly.

CHRIS

(slurring)

Nosh, Baabish! Pleasshh, don'tsh do thatsshh! Stopshh itssh pleasshh!

BAABA

(insanely)

I'm going to kill you, Chris Bawa! f*** me for free? No bloody way, you stupid little asshole! You think I’m your LovePeddler, your slut? You’re just like Daddy....you think every p**** can be f***ed as long as you have a f***ing hard-on. Well this is one holy p**** you’re not screwing for free, Daddy-O!! Not by a long shot, you f***ing jailbird!

She drags up a massive globule of phlegm and spits on his face.

She laughs crazily, then without warning she slaps Chris, and then she tries to kick in his balls but Chris instinctively shifts his legs, and her kick lands painfully on his right thigh.

She screams at her miss, so furious that she drools spittle down her chin.

She chooses a spot on Chris' neck, intending to smash him on the neck and break his neck.

She draws her hand back, still clutching the rock firmly, and that is when Eyram reaches them.

Eyram throws herself at Baaba, bringing her down heavily.

The rock flies from Baaba's hand.

Like an eel Baaba screams and wriggles out of Eyram's reach, and she gains her feet and looks at Eyram.

BAABA

(snarling)

You're Effe, ain't ya? I'm gonna kill ya right here, you stupid little bitch!

Eyram is scared. She is on her knees, and she knows she is no match for this maddened girl's brute strength.

She hears the strident sounds of an ambulance approaching, one of the hospital ambulances bringing in a case, and suddenly an idea occurs to Eyram.

EYRAM

(desperately)

I called the police, Baaba. They're coming for you!Do you hear the sirens? You're going to be locked up, Baaba!

Baaba's hands are drawn back like claws, and her teeth are out like fangs.

In that instant, she looks absolutely insane.

She fights with her inner devils, deciding whether to tear Eyram to pieces or flee.

Obviously, she is scared of being caught because she suddenly gives an agonized scream as the wailing sirens of the ambulance grows stronger and closer.

Finally, she turns on her heels and begins to run away.

Eyram's body collapses with the most profound of reliefs.

She gets to her feet and rushes to Chris' side.

His left temple is a mushy map of torn flesh from the first blow. He is bleeding rather profusely from the wound in his scalp.

Eyram takes his arm and tries to raise him to his feet.

EYRAM

(desperately)

Get up, Chris, please. Let me take you inside and take a look at your wounds.

Chris is moaning with pain as he struggles up.

Limping, dazed and bleeding, he moves in step besides Eyram.

JAILBIRD continues

Read more episodes here: www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:04am On Feb 16, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

EYRAM'S RESIDENCE
Chris is sitting on the metallic examining bed in Eyram's home consulting room.
She had shaved off a small area in his scalp and stitched the nasty cut the rock had opened.
Now she dresses the pulpy mess in his right temple and expertly winds a bandage around his head.
Finally she gives him three shots of injections, peels off her gloves, washes her hands with detergent under a tap, and then stands back and looks into his sad face.
EYRAM
(shaking her head)
You feel sorry for her, don’t you?
CHRIS
(crestfallen)
I hurt her. It's my fault. I shouldn't have slept with her.
Eyram looks at him with incredulity.
EYRAM
Your fault? What's wrong with you? I warned you about that girl, didn't I? There's something wrong with her. Her head is not screwed on right.
CHRIS
(sharply)
Stop that, Eyram, please. She was hurt bad. Some people behave like that when they are hurt.
Eyram is close. She puts a hand across his shoulder.
EYRAM
Poor, poor Chris! Always trusting his fellow humans so much. Cut ties with that girl, Chris. She's unstable and unhinged. She can cause you great problems.
He is suddenly disconcerted by how close she is to him.
CHRIS
Thank you, Eyram. I'm really grateful for all that you're doing for me. I can never repay your kindness. But know that this heart would forever be grateful for all your kindness and thoughtfulness.
Her eyes search his face, and he sees that her lips are slightly open.
Suddenly he feels uneasy. He remembers that night, several years ago, when she had had the same look, when they had shared that forbidden kiss.
EYRAM
(softly)
Anyway, you'll have a little headache tomorrow. Apart from that you should be fine.
CHRIS
Thank you once again. I was with Effe and Junior today, Eyram. Junior saw an eatery and he bought it for me with the money in his piggy bank.
EYRAM
(smiling)
Yeah, I know. Effe called earlier and told me about it. Seems you're going to be a famous Chef after all.
CHRIS
Yep. Can you imagine that? Me cooking?
EYRAM
(laughing)
Wouldn't have imagined that in a thousand years. But you know what? I think you'll make it, only if you can stay focused. I believe in you, Chris. More than you know.
The moment she says that everything becomes absolutely awkward.
Suddenly there is an underlying tension in her words, and when she looks at him there is that sudden intense look in her eyes.
He knows and recognizes its danger, and quickly he tries to get off the examining table, but she moves close with a little sound, her other arm going around his neck, and then she presses herself close to him.
CHRIS
(softly)
Eyram. Please.
EYRAM
(her face in his throat)
Just hold me, Chris, please.For a minute.
Chris' jaws work tightly as he puts his arms around her. She presses herself closer, and her arms tighten around his neck. He can feel her shivering.
He tries to push her back, but she holds on.
CHRIS
Eyram. This is very, very dangerous. We can't do this.
EYRAM
(shivering)
Why?
Chris tenses. He gives a tremulous sigh and for a moment he cannot speak.
CHRIS
I saw you kissing that White doctor. I see the way he looks at you, Eyram. He loves you.
EYRAM
I know he does. I thought I loved him too.
She does not complete the sentence, but he knows what she means, and it chills him to the bone.
This time he gets up forcibly, but she still wouldn't let him go.
He holds her hands and gently pulls them down from around his neck, but he does not push her away.
He looks into her eyes, and he sees the tears shimmering in them, and he sees just how sad she looks.
CHRIS
(gently)
I love your sister, Eyram. I love her very much.
EYRAM
She left you. She's now with a man who used to be your best friend. She's never believed in you, Chris. She believes you raped Elaine. I don't.
Chris puts his head to one said and looks at her with dark eyes.
She looks into his eyes, and tears slowly spill down her cheeks.
EYRAM
You don't have to rape any woman, Chris. Most women will gladly have sex with you. If Effe's own sister is confused over you, how much more her best friend?
He turns from her, suddenly feeling incredibly emotional. The atmosphere is so charged, and he knows it has to be diffused very quickly.
CHRIS
I have been very bad, Eyram. I went for prison for it. You don't have to be so damn trusting.
EYRAM
Even before you told me about Elaine I believed in you. I know that whatever you did, there was a reason for that. I've never blamed you for any of the bad things you've done that make them call you the beast. I've always believed in you, CB.
CHRIS
(explosively)
Believed in what exactly, Eyram? I beat up my mother's brother, my only uncle, an old man, and almost killed him because he tried to take a piece of marijuana from me. I got drunk, and I knocked down a little girl and caused her to lose a limb. I burst the eye of a policeman. I used hard drugs, cocaine to be precise! What's there to believe? They all happened!
She moves close to him, and wordlessly she puts her arms around his waist and presses her cheek against his chest.
EYRAM
Chris, stop torturing yourself! You were just an innocent child when that awful incident with Roland happened, and it has forever put a guilty conscience into your mind! That is directly responsible for what happened that night. You've never forgiven yourself for Roland's death. That's why I've never blamed you. You did those bad things because of that terrible incident.
She can feel him shivering now, and slowly he turns away from her and paces the floor impatiently.
She can see the tension on his face, the sudden uncertainty, his lips are trembling, and so are his hands.
She looks on, horrified, as his iron control breaks, and he looks just like a lost little boy.
He gets to one corner of the room, and he slowly sinks to the floor.
When he looks up at her there are tears in his eyes.
CHRIS
(voice trembling)
Everybody blamed me for Roland's death. My family, my friends... everybody. They say I intentionally locked the door of that tree house and set fire to it, because I was jealous of my brother. Eyram, that's not true. I've never loved any individual more than Roland. He was more than a brother to me. I worshipped the very ground he walked on. But no one believes me! They hate me. My parents hate me, my siblings hate me! Sometimes it hurts, Eyram. It hurts my heart so much. Everything evil is Chris. It really hurts my heart.
Tears slowly fall down his cheeks, but his lips are closed.
She goes to him, and silently she sits on the floor besides him. She pulls him into her arms, and rests his head on her breasts.
He holds her tightly, and then his huge body is racked with bitter tears.
She can feel his tears wetting her dress, and as she rubs a hand down his back, she knows that this is the one thing her sister has, and which she is absolutely jealous of.
EYRAM
It's okay, CB. I believe you. I'll never hate you. I love you, Chris.
He raises his head slowly, and he looks into her tear-streaked face.
CHRIS
No, you don't, Eyram. Please, don't say that ever again.
She holds him, desperately, bringing her face close.
EYRAM
And why the hell not, CB? Because you were once married to Effe?
CHRIS
(gently)
Because I love your sister. Because I have a son with her. Because our society frowns on it. Because we can never be together, even if Effe marries Steve!
EYRAM
(tremulously)
If she marries Steve, then she never loved you, Chris. If she marries Steve, and if you're only brave enough, you can have me, Chris.
CHRIS
No. That will never happen. That's unacceptable.
EYRAM
Why, CB? Because she's my sister? I'm a doctor, Chris. I've seen fathers impregnating their own daughters, mothers sleeping with their sons, siblings sleeping with each other. A sister marrying her ex brother-in-law is a far better evil compared to that, don't you think?
CHRIS
Bad is bad, Eyram. Doesn’t matter if other people are doing worse things. We'll never be accepted here. Our customs frown on that. It is an absolutely taboo area, and I can’t do that to Effe.
EYRAM
(desperately)
Then we'll travel out of Ghana, CB. I don't care.
CHRIS
Wherever we go, even to the far reaches of the globe, it'll always follow us. I’m in love with Effe. You have to understand that.
She leans forward quite suddenly, and her lips cover his.
He cringes, but he does not push her away.
Her tongue forces his lips open, and she kisses him desperately, until his head causes him to wince, and she slowly settles down.
He gets up and without another word walks towards the door.
EYRAM
(softly)
Chris.
He stops but does not turn to look at her.
CHRIS
Yeah?
EYRAM
I know for a fact that Effe still loves you. I won't ever try to come on to you again. But if the two of you don't make it work, and she ends up with Steve, nothing can keep me away from you. Do you understand that?
He sighs, but he does not speak. He just opens the door and walks out.
She gets up, quite wobbly-legged, and lies down on the examining bed.
She falls asleep shortly.
There is a smile on her face.
JAILBIRD continues

Read more here: www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by itsandi(m): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2018
Interesting update... Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 12:08am On Feb 18, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

A SECLUDED ROAD IN ABLORH-ADJEI
It is deep night, well past midnight.
A police sedan is parked by the roadside.
Parked behind it is a sleek Toyota Tundra.
Three men are standing in the dark shadows.
They are Chief Inspector Danso Cuger, Sergeant Ato McBaiden, and Jonathan Afful.
Afful hands over a huge brown envelope filled with money to Cuger, who hefts it, then passes it on to McBaiden.
CHIEF INSPECTOR CUGER
(coldly)
Thanks, Mr. Afful. You know how to do business.
AFFUL
Cut the crap, Cuger. How is Operation Darlett coming on?
CHIEF INSPECTOR CUGER
(puffing on a cigar)
Darlett comes out of prison in a month. He's been briefed. The operation will go down as smooth as silk.
AFFUL
You better get Chris, man. He must return to prison.
CHIEF INSPECTOR CUGER
Don't worry, man. I hate that son-of-a-bitch more than anybody. I'm going to get Chris. And he's going in forever this time!
AFFUL
Thank you. Well, I'll be on my way then. Good day, gentlemen.
He turns brusquely and returns to his car. A moment later the powerful engine of the Tundra roars, and then it speeds off.
McBAIDEN
Arrogant little prick. Wish I can break my boot over his face!
ChiEF INSPECTOR CUGER
Me too, pal. But we need him, and he needs me. What's that famous expression... the enemy of my enemy is my friend? It's alright. Can't wait to send Chris back to prison.
MCBAIDEN
That is if Operation Darlett goes well.
CHIEF INSPECTOR CUGER
Oh yes, it will. It certainly will.
In the front seat of the Tundra Afful reaches across and fondles the naked breasts of the topless Chinese beauty sitting beside him.
In the back seat is Steve Hollison, moaning gutturally as a beautiful prostitute with her face in his groin works on him feverishly.
Afful looks across his shoulder and smiles at Steve.
AFFUL
Smile, bro. Bawa is gone within one month.
Steve smiles and pushes harder into the girl's mouth.
STEVE
I can't wait, bro.
AFFUL
CB byebye! Forever! Next time!
AFFUL RESIDENCE - MORNING
Elaine Boateng stretches and opens her eyes.
She is lying on the gigantic electronic water-bed in the upstairs master bedroom.
Their house is a magnificent sprawling two-tiered edifice. Located in the heart of East Legon, it is the envy of many.
It has a design almost similar to a mini castle.
With apertures and glass in the right places, beautiful grass lawns, a breath-taking swimming-pool, a mini golf course, a lawn table tennis court and a basket ball court, it has been described as one of the best homes in the country.
Best, Elaine thinks, but certainly not happiest.
It is huge, but there are no cries of children anywhere. She and Jon had dreamt of filling it with happy kids, but quite unfortunately, after three years of marriage, they still don't have any children.
She looks across at Jon's side of the bed. It is empty, as usual.
He will come in and claim of business deal closures, but she is sure he has just spent the night with one or two of his stinking Chinese prostitutes somewhere.
They do his bidding. They allow him to live his perverse sexual fantasies which she finds extremely demeaning and has refused time and again to let him have his way.
She turns on her back and reaches for the remote controller.
The bed has been revolving slowly, and she pushes a button on the remote that centres the bed.
She gets up from the bed, steps out of her negligée and pads naked into the huge bathroom.
She runs a warm bath in the Jacuzzi, pours in essential oils and liquid soaps and fragrances, and climbs into the bath.
She puts her head back, sets the massager, and enjoys the vibrating joys as the bath performs its magic.
She does not even remember the last time she and Jon had taken a bath together.
An hour later she steps out of the bathroom, refreshed.
She turns on the television which is mounted up high on one wall and then she sits in front of her exquisite golden dressing-table.
The channel is HEARTBEAT TELEVISION, where she works, and the morning show is on, hosted by GABRIEL ALIEFEH, a man Elaine detests with all her being because of his arrogance.
She listens to the newspaper headlines segment, and then loses interest and concentrates on her make-up kits.
She is gently blowing air on her polished nails when she suddenly sees the still image of Chris Bawa Junior on the television, and below it are the words:
THE KID THAT TAMED THE BEAST.
She quickly picks up the remote and increases the volume of the television because the picture has receded to the background and Michael is about to speak.
ALIEFEH
(happily)
And now, a very inspirational story that has touched our hearts. You remember Mr. Chris Bawa, don't you, the man that is known nowadays as The Beast because of his nefarious role in the accident that took off one leg of Miss Adwoa Timtim a little over five years ago. Well, there have been speculations that he might return to the ring to face the current undisputed GojuFist Champion, Mike Crankson, but this speculation can't be further from the truth. We received a call yesterday from young Chris Bawa Junior. Junior, of course, is the eight-year-old son of The Beast with his former wife Effe Kedem. It seems Junior does not want his father to step into the ring anymore, and so the little boy bought his father a food joint! It seems our former GojuFist fighter, the dreaded Beast, is going to use his hands again, but this time in an entirely new kind of sport. Kuukua Siaw has the full story. Watch!
The page screen zooms out, and then the video of the beautiful Kuukua Siaw, the reporter, begins.
She is standing in front of what once used to be the famous DIDI'S RESTAURANT.
KUUKUA SIAW
(excitedly)
Think about Chris Bawa and what comes to mind? He's the young fighter who rose to become the undisputed Grandmaster of GojuFist, and later trained other champions. But you wouldn't really remember him for that, would you? You would definitely remember him as The Beast, the man who almost killed an innocent old man who tried to take a joint of marijuana from him. You would remember him as the man who knocked down a girl and made her lose a limb, and you will also remember him the man who resisted arrest so violently that he burst one eye of a policeman. Yes, Chris Bawa is The Beast. But it seems those days of mayhem are over. Chris was pardoned for putting up an extremely good behaviour in prison, and was released just after five years in prison. Evidently, he learnt how to cook when he was in prison! And now he is out, and his son has bought him DIDI'S to help him start all over in life. Now, let's listen to the young giant himself!
The video zooms in on Junior and Madam Didi in the background.
Elaine watches the feature, stunned, and then she begins to get angrier by the second.
She cannot believe her eyes!
She has gone to great lengths to destroy Chris, great lengths to demonize him. He is now known as The Beast, and his acceptance in society has reduced to a zero factor.
What is Gabriel Aliefeh and Kuukua Siaw doing?
Making him a hero? Some sort of a refined criminal?
Gabriel, apart from being the host, also serves as the director of the morning show.
She knows she cannot get him as long as he is on air, and so she begins to dress quickly.
By the time she picks up her handbag the show is over, and the end credits are rolling on the screen.
She takes her phone and calls.
She has to do it several times before he finally picks the call.
ALIEFEH
(laughing happily in the background)
Hello, Elaine.
ELAINE
(furiously)
Why the hell did you do a feature on Chris Bawa, a known rapist and a terrible man who refuses to apologize for knocking a poor girl down and making her lose a leg? What the hell were you thinking?
ALIEFEH
(coldly furious)
And since when were you appointed my supervisor? You now want to tell me what programmes I can run?
ELAINE
(still furious)
Of course not, Gabby, but you have to use your common sense-
ALIEFEH
(cutting in)
Go to hell, Elaine! We're running it as a major headline news today, at all prime times. Don't annoy me, or I swear I'll add all the edited parts about you being Mr .Bawa's former girlfriend to the report! Maybe I should’ve done that in the first place.
Elaine is stunned instantly, and she gives a terrified intake of breath.
She is so shocked that for a moment she feels dizzy.
How did Gabriel know? That relationship is a secret between Chris and her! How did they find out?
Had Gabriel done a private check on her, or the news had come out during the Junior interview?
She has to know! If it came out at the Junior interview then it means Effe might also know by now.
She knows Gabriel Aliefeh hates her. The feeling is mutual; she also detests him, but this is the time to swallow her pride and eat humble pie.
When she speaks again her voice is calmer, and she sounds almost pleading.
ELAINE
That is not totally true, Gabby. How did you know?
ALIEFEH
(coldly)
A journalist never discloses his source, Elaine. You should know that. Goodbye.
He cuts the call.
There is a gentle chime from the gold telephone on the bedside table. It is a house intercom. She glances at it irritably, and ignores it.
It might be the maidservant.
It rings again, and she crosses the room angrily and picks up.
ELAINE
Yes? What is it?
MAIDSERVANT
Please madam, your friend Madam Effe is here.
Elaine's intestines quails. Effe? Here this early? Maybe she is looking for Steve, just as Elaine is also looking for her husband.
But Elaine knows.
This visit is not about Steve.
It is about Elaine and Chris.
Somehow, Effe has found out.
Elaine shuts her eyes as she begins to marshal her thoughts about how she is going to respond to Effe and defend herself.

JAILBIRD continues

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:33pm On Feb 18, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

Elaine breathes deeply, trying to still the pounding of her heart.
She descends slowly to the living-room where Effe is waiting.
Effe turns from the aquarium she has been staring emptily at, and faces her friend as she comes down the last stairs.
Effe is dressed for the office in a rather beautiful dark-blue suit that enhances her beautiful skin.
Her eyes are dark with pain, and she looks very hurt indeed.
Elaine stops and looks at her best friend warily.
ELAINE
(softly)
You know.
EFFE
(bitterly)
I know, Elaine. Chris told me.
ELAINE
(nodding)
And he told you he didn't rape me, didn't he?
EFFE
(bitterly)
Did he, Elaine? Did he really?
Elaine walks towards Effe, and she stares at her, and a moment later she drops to her knees.
ELAINE
(contrite)
I'm guilty of keeping my relationship with Chris a secret, Effe. I'm very, very sorry, but at the time I didn't want to destroy your happiness when I saw how much you loved him. When I realized it was you he was going to marry, it was too late to tell you. Your happiness was important to me. Effe, I was wrong, but I did it for you. Please forgive me.
Effe turns away from her.
She is hurt, and she fights to keep the tears away.
EFFE
Get up from the floor, Elaine.
Elaine stands up slowly. She walks to Effe and takes her hand in both of hers. She looks shame-faced as she speaks.
ELAINE
(earnestly)
You have to believe me, Effe, please.
EFFE
(tremulously)
I trusted you, Elaine. You were like a sister to me. You were my bridesmaid, not Eyram. But all along as you stood beside me at the altar you were hurting over Chris!
ELAINE
(inhaling to keep the tears away)
I admit I was hurting, yes, but I had to do everything to make your marriage work. That night I promised to bring him to you, the night you found him raping me, he was very high on alcohol and hard drugs. He begged me, telling me he wanted to sleep with me one last time, I refused. I called you from the bathroom, and when I went back to the room he pounced on me, and raped me. That's the truth, Effe, and nothing but the truth!
Effe rubs her forehead. She still stares at Elaine as if she just cant' take it all in.
EFFE
Chris was talking about some conspiracies, Elaine, as if I knew something about what happened. I pressed him, but he said nothing, but for a moment I could see there was more. Something he really wanted to say. Is that all, Elaine, or there's more? This is your chance to come clean, because he also told me about how you used to love violent sex, and how it wasn’t rape at all because that’s exactly how you wanted it. You better come clean now, Elaine.
ELAINE
(passionately)
We're closer than even twin sisters can ever be, you and eye, and I’m telling you the undiluted truth now, Effe. He tore off my clothes and raped me. If you want, let me confront him in your presence, and listen to what he will say, Effe. Why do you think I hate him so much? He was my former boyfriend, yes, but when I told him I wasn't going to sleep with him, he should have understood, and not forced himself on me. I couldn't do that to you, Effe. I can never do that!
Elaine takes out a handkerchief and dabs rather unsuccessfully at the tears running down herp face.
EFFE
(softly)
I hope so, Elaine. But know that truth never stays hidden. Don't let me find out there's more to this from somewhere else, okay? If I should ever find out you lied to me now, I’ll never forgive you.
Effe turns and heads quickly for the entrance.
Elaine stares after her, smiling rather sadly.
And there is unbridled profound relief on her face...and a subtle twist of cruelty to her lips.
JUNIOR'S RESTAURANT
It is a Saturday.
Grand opening of JUNIOR'S.
A month has passed like a whirlwind.
Madam Didi had begged Chris to take on some of her dedicated staff.
Chris has retained three counter girls, four waiters, two waitresses and four chefs.
Eyram had graciously advanced him some money to design the white, blue and red food packs and polythene bags.
Effe had paid for the huge neon-lit signboard and one-week ingredient supply.
The profiling of JUNIOR'S on HEARTBEAT TELEVISION had made the news spread like fire through a dry prairie.
Other news stations had come on board to do interviews, but Chris has refused to appear in any of them.
Surprisingly, a couple of non-governmental Christian organizations had agreed to provide new interior seats and tables, and also pay for a year's car park rental.
Chris had been extremely nervous at first, detesting the whole idea of being a chef, but Junior had been with him constantly, and given him the needed strength.
As the time drew nearer to the grand opening Chris had found himself getting caught in the euphoric excitement.
The opening ceremony had been short but colourful.
Some of the most influential people had turned up.
Junior had been allowed to say the prayers, and his passionate appeals to God to let his father succeed had moved many to tears.
Chris went to the kitchen, and supervised every step of the cooking.
He started with four dishes for the day; noodles, banku and okra stew, jollof and potato fries... and of course salads.
There is a CREAMS stand, where iced creams, smoothies, crushers and shakes of different flavours can be had.
He waits anxiously as the orders begin to trickle in.
And then things begin to really heat up!
Suddenly, people that had already eaten are now coming back for 'take-aways', and soon there is pressure at the Drive-Through window.
VICTOR NYENKU, a young chef who is fast beginning to impress Chris, walks up to him as he is pouring raw fries out of a bag.
VICTOR
(grinning)
I haven't seen such a crowd in all my four years of working here, Boss. I must admit, you have very sweet hands indeed. Look, I had my doubts at first, but now I think the TASTE BUDS restaurant is in serious trouble!
Chris looks at the young man, and they smile, and he nods.
CHRIS
Thank you, Victor. I think I like that.
Suddenly a young waiter enters the kitchen and goes straight to Chris.
WAITER
(nervously)
Sir, please there's a man in the restaurant. He says I should tell you to prepare him a picatonto salad! I tried telling him we don't have it on the menu but he told me you know what it is, so I should tell you.
Chris freezes, and his face suddenly lights up!
The only man who demanded 'picatonto' salad had been Chief Superintendent of Police, Jon Fii.
CHRIS
(excited)
Go and tell him a picatonto salad is coming up pronto, Adamu!
WAITER
(relieved)
Yes, sir!
VICTOR
(intrigued)
Picatonto? What's that, sir?
CHRIS
(smiling gently)
A speciality in prison, boy. Come and learn!
Soon Chris has the salad ready.
He dishes it in the best salad bowl, and serves the order on a tray.
He picks up the tray.
VICTOR
(alarmed)
Sir! You're not serving yourself, are you? Please, let me take it
CHRIS
(smiling)
This order I serve myself, Victor.
Chris carries the tray to the eatery, and he pauses with sudden shock when he sees that it is tightly packed!
Adamu sees him and utters a cry of shock and fear.
He rushes forward to take the tray, but Chris stops him.
WAITER
Please, sir-
CHRIS
(cutting in)
Where's the gentleman, Adamu.
WAITER
Table nine, please.
CHRIS
(kindly)
Okay, fine. I've got this, Adamu. You can serve another table.
When he walks through the restaurant he sees people looking at him with something approaching awe.
He sees children and adults digging in, eating with real relish, and he sees that most plates are completely empty except for bones, and suddenly he feels a certain kind of exhilaration he has never thought he will feel.
Amir, you old dog, thank you very much for forcing me to learn the fine arts of the kitchen!
Jon Fii is sitting at table nine, and he is not alone.
Baaba Brooks is with him.
JAILBIRD continues

You can read the complete story here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

Fii is in uniform today, and he gets to his feet with a broad smile as Chris carefully puts the tray down.
Fii then crushes him in a fierce hug.
JON FII
(emotionally)
Chris, Chris, Chris! Boy, am I glad to see you!
Chris looks warily at Baaba. Since that night, she had attacked him he had not seen her again.
She had sent text messages and called him to apologize, but he has kept out of her way strictly.
He had told himself that Eyram is right; Baaba is unbalanced, and as much as Chris had wanted to help her get over the trauma of being abused by her father, he knows she is quite dangerous.
Her mood swings are absolutely lethal, and he doesn't know what she is capable of doing from one second to the next.
A phrase, a look, an innocent action can set her off into that volcanic rage he has experienced twice already.
He had had the unpleasant feeling that she had wanted to kill him.
CHRIS
Glad to see you, sir. Very glad to see you. A picatonto salad, the best, just for you.
JON FII
Sit down, Chris.
CHRIS
I can't, sir. Too much pressure. Tell you what, we open at two in the afternoon on Sundays, so I'll come over tomorrow morning and have a church service with the guys. I miss that.
JON FII
(excited)
Really? That will be grand. The boys will be so happy. Especially Darlett Thompson. There is a strong possibility that Darlett will be released soon, Chris. His case has gone for review after new evidence was unearthed.
Chris Bawa's face breaks into a huge grin, and in spite of himself he sits down at the table.
CHRIS
Wow. Darlett? Damn! That is great news. He always told me he didn't steal that car, but that his partner framed him for that crime. That's great news indeed!
Suddenly Chris big left middle finger is grabbed, and he looks around and sees Junior standing beside him, his mouth full with chicken.
JUNIOR
Daddy!
Chris, heart bursting with joyful love, sweeps his son into his arms and plants a kiss on his cheeks as Junior giggles insanely and wriggles.
CHRIS
My son, sir. Champ, meet a friend of mine, Jon Fii.
JON FII
(smiling tenderly)
Yes, the famous Chris Bawa Junior! I saw you on television. The boy who bought this place for his father!
Junior's face splits into a huge grin of pride as Jon Fii shakes his hand.
JUNIOR
(shyly)
Pleased to meet you, sir.
JON FII
Oh, call me Uncle Fii. You look so much like your father, it's amazing.
JUNIOR
He's my father and I should look like him.
They all burst into laughter, and Baaba reaches out and shakes Junior's hand.
BAABA
Hello, Junior. Happy to meet you again after the fun we had at the beach. Please tell your father I'm very sorry okay? He's angry at me, and I believe if you ask him to forgive me, he will.
Junior looks at his father and frowns, and then he wags a forefinger at him.
JUNIOR
(calmly)
Daddy, Sunday School teacher says we should forgive each other like, erm... seven times? No, no, no, she said like seventy times?
JON FII
(spooning salad into his mouth)
Seventy times seven times.
JUNIOR
(awed)
Woow! That's radical! You know the Bible too, Uncle Fii?
CHRIS
(laughing)
He is the Chaplain at the prison where I was, Champ!
JUNIOR
Awesome! Yes, Jesus says we should forgive seventy times seventy times... is that right, Uncle Chaplain?
JON FII
(laughing uproariously)
Close enough, son, close enough!
JUNIOR
So, you will forgive Miss Baaba... no, wait a minute, are you Missus?
BAABA
(smiling and showing her hands)
See, no ring. Still Miss Baaba, my dearest boy.
JUNIOR
Daddy-
CHRIS
Alright, alright, shut up already! I forgive her!
They all laugh, and Baaba suddenly draws Junior into a warm embrace.
BAABA
Thank you, Junior! I owe you one!
Sitting at Table 15, Effe and Eyram look across at them with conflicting emotions.
With them is Rupert Henderson who is eating beef noodles.
Effe recognizes Baaba, the prison officer who seems to be so besotted with Chris.
She sees Baaba hugging Junior, and she sees the way Chris looks so happy and comfortable in her presence, and she feels a sudden blast of insane jealousy which she tries unsuccessfully to curb.
Eyram is furious.
She has not seen Chris and Baaba together since that terrible night.
She has assumed Chris has cut all ties with the mad girl, but evidently, judging by the way they are behaving, they are still in contact with each other.
Rupert looks at her sudden tense face, and he experiences a mild bout of jealousy himself.
It is true Eyram had convinced him that there is nothing between her and that Chris boy, and that there will be nothing between them, but he just cannot shake off the feeling that all is not as it seems.
After a moment Victor Nyenku emerges and looks for Chris.
He quickly approaches Chris and leans down.
VICTOR
Problem, sir. We're sold out!
Chris gets to his feet, and he struggles to keep his face straight.
CHRIS
Sold out.
VICTOR
(grinning)
Completely! And there's still a queue. What we gonna do?
CHRIS
Well, has the technician finished installing the Public Announcement System?
VICTOR
Yes, I heard him testing it a couple of times.
CHRIS
Right. Send one of the boys to make an announcement that we're temporarily out. Next orders will start in forty minutes. Then come to the kitchen. We gotta cook!
VICTOR
(laughing)
Yes, Chef!
Chris and Jon Fii embrace again, and then he hurries towards the kitchen.
Baaba calls his name, and he stops.
She comes towards him and stops in front of him, and she smiles sadly at him.
BAABA
(tenderly)
I'm really sorry, Chris. I'm sorry for attacking you. I don't know what came over me. You're the only man my heart has ever craved, and still craves. You'll have to be patient with me. I know you love Effe. I've accepted it, and I won't try to hurt that relationship. It's just that, if you're angry with me, I feel this pain in my heart. I can't eat, I can't breathe, I can't think straight. I'm constantly in pain. But when you're fine with me, it is the only time I feel happy. Please don't push me away, Chris, please. You know this love thing is new for me. Please, I'm begging you, just be my friend.
Chris stares at her, and he cannot doubt her sincerity.
His anger towards her slowly dissipates, and he reaches out for her, and he hugs her.
She puts her arms around him and hugs him tightly.
CHRIS
It's okay, Baaba.
BAABA
(voice muffled against his chest)
Thank you, Chris. I love you so much.
He breaks from her and moves quickly out of sight.
Baaba smiles, and then sees that Junior is suddenly standing by her side, and he is looking quite grim.
BAABA
Hey, what's it, little man?
JUNIOR
(softly)
Do you really really really want to be my friend, Auntie Baaba?
BAABA
(excited)
Yes, more than anything, my dear.
JUNIOR
Then you shouldn't do that huggy huggy thing and that face-licking things with my Daddy. I want my Mommy to do that with my Daddy. Remember I told you that at the beach?
Baaba laughs heartily at that, and then she embraces Junior.
BAABA
I promise, Junior. I won't do that!
Junior smiles, takes her hand, and they walk back to Jon Fii.
Effe gets to her feet.
EYRAM
Ef? Where to?
EFFE
(icily)
To get my son. I'm beginning to dislike that Baaba girl big time.
EYRAM
Let him be, Ef. Sit down. He's okay. You'll embarrass him.
Effe looks at her sister, and as she sits down again slowly she has a slight frown on her face.
Something is happening. In the past, she and Eyram had always been on the same frequency, the same wavelength. They had that common instincts that is so peculiar in twins.
But lately, it seems she and Eyram are operating on different angles, no more converging but almost as if they are always on parallels.
That closeness is somehow strained, and Effe just can't place a finger on what is happening.
Lately she has been feeling a bad vibration, some level of animosity from her twin sister.
She knows Eyram has always defended Chris, but that had never come between them.
Nowadays there is almost a slow wall building up between them, and Effe does not like it one bit.
JAILBIRD continues

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by ItzPrinceIB(m): 11:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
What An Immense Story Yhu Got! I Just Can't Wait Anymore For This Fiction To Be Posted Here. So, Youngicee.com Here I Come!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:59pm On Feb 21, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

EFFE'S RESIDENCE - NIGHT
Chris supervises Junior to take a bath.
He picks him up and carries him to the bedroom where he selects a soft pyjama and puts it on the boy.
Junior is so tired that he is almost asleep on his feet.
Chris carries him to the bed, puts him down, and pulls the sheet over him.
He sets the air-condition to room temperature.
Chris kisses him on the cheek.
He turns to leave, and Junior grabs his middle finger tightly.
JUNIOR
(sleepily)
Daddy...
CHRIS
(tenderly)
I'm here, Champ.
JUNIOR
Please stay... until I sleep.
CHRIS
Sure, Champ. I'll be right here. Hey, today was a bomb, Champ. And I'm happy. I'm very happy. Thanks for this, Champ.
JUNIOR
(giving a gigantic yawn)
I don't want... if you fight I have bad dream... I see you hurt. Don't ...fight. Just... just. Cook...
CHRIS
(smiling)
No fights, Champ. I'll cook. Sleep. I love you very much.
JUNIOR
(tiredly)
...too.
His hand slowly relaxes on Chris' middle finger, and he starts to breathe easily.
He is asleep.
Chris gets up and switches off the light, turning on the night one.
He sits on the edge of the bed, just looking at his wonderful son, feeling so much love for him that it brings tears to his eyes.
This little boy had barely known him before he went to prison.
But he had remembered. His love is pure, and nothing can sway him from loving a father the whole world has rejected, even his own mother.
Chris knows that his strength out of prison had been made whole by this boy. Without Junior, he probably would have been a total mess by now.
The door opens behind him, but he does not hear.
Effe stands in the doorway, and then she enters and shuts it softly.
She is wearing a silky yellow and black negligée that stops just short of her panties, leaving her creamy thighs bare.
She has an incredible figure, a beauty pure and breath-taking.
Still Chris does not know she is behind him.
He leans forward slowly, and as he kisses his son good night a tear rolls down his cheek.
He stands up and turns, and that is when he sees her.
She notices the silvery sheen on his cheeks in the glow of the night lamp, and she knows he is crying.
This huge man, this reckless violent man the world has learnt to hate.
In his private moments, he is just a little boy, with fears and pains and a heart that hurts.
In the dim glow he does not look like a man, but like the school boy who had come into her life and made her heart do flips.
He quickly wipes the tears from his face with the palm of his right hand.
She sees his handsome face, and even the little dimples in his cheeks.
She remembers his mutilated back, and recalls the horrors he might have gone through in prison.
Her heart is suddenly overflown with the love she feels for him, a love that she had tried to kill, and which refuses to die.
He is looking at her, and she sees the hunger in his eyes, the love that is in his heart, now full-blown on his face.
EFFE
(tenderly)
Chris-Love...
He takes a single step, and she takes two, and then they are reaching for each other, desperately, violently, hungrily.
She exhales deeply as she searches for his lips, feverishly, and her tongue darts against his nose in her haste, and a second later his lips find hers.
His right hand holds the side of her face, and his left hand slips against her buttocks, moulding into the curve, grabbing her hard.
Her arms go around him in total abandon as she kisses him back in a frenzy.
Her legs wobble, and she feels him shivering with desire.
Her hands pull at his shirt, tearing off some buttons, and then she desperately pushes her hand against his chest, down his taut belly, across the front of his jeans, feeling his hard length.
His lips sear a trail down her throat as his right hand comes down, climbs up her belly and fasten on her rounded left breast, his thumb singing on her taut nipple.
She has never known such want, such thirst, such pleasure.
His left hand curves around her smooth, beautiful right leg. She raises her leg, and pushes hungrily into him.
CHRIS
(gutturally)
My Princess, my Breath, oh Effe, my Angel!
Just like her wedding night!
The love. The passion. The crave. The need. The want. The life.
She is living. This is the fire that has been missing in her life, in her heart, in her breath!
Their tears combine, and they taste that saltiness on their lips.
JUNIOR
(sleepily)
Ewwwwwww! Would you two go and do that licky-face thing in your room?
His voice startles them, and they break apart, and Effe desperately pulls her negligée down, using Chris' huge figure as shield.
He is panting hard, and she looks at him, and smiles, and he smiles back.
CHRIS
Good night, Champ.
JUNIOR
Night, Daddy... Mommy.
EFFE
Good night, my sweet prince!
JUNIOR
Now get out, please.
They rush out, and once they are out on the landing, and the door is shut, they laugh softly into each other's eyes.
She looks down, and see his furious desire outlined plainly in the distended front of his jeans trousers.
She knows her loins are also equally furious, waiting for him, ready for him... only him.
She takes a step towards him.
He shakes his head sadly.
EFFE
(almost hurt)
Chris-Love?
CHRIS
(lovingly)
We're divorced, my love. You have an understanding with Steve. You still believe I raped your friend. These are walls that need to be broken down between us, Ef, my Precious. If I'm going to be with you, everything should be perfect. Good night, Princess.
He turns abruptly and begins to descend the stairs.
Tears come into her eyes, but she knows he is right. They have suffered, both of them, and they are still suffering.
Until they find that perfect harmony where there will be no bitter thorns to hurt their love, making love and falling back in love will be fruitless, because the thorns will always rise up and choke that love.
EFFE
(sobbing)
Chris-Love...
He stops and turns.
Suddenly he climbs the stairs again, and takes her face in both hands.
His lips finds her trembling, soft ones, and he kisses her like a dying man in the desert will devour a bottle of water.
When he steps back she almost falls, and has to hold unto the banister to steady herself.
CHRIS
(tremulously)
I loved you then, Effe. I love you now, and I'll always love you. Till death. Sleep well.
He turns, and takes the steps down two at a time.
She watches him go, and her heart hurts, and tears blind her.
JAILBIRD continues

Read the full story here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

3 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
Nice wan. Oya
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
The Jailbird Episode 47

GHANA INTERNATIONAL GOJUFIST ARENA
It is fight night, two months exactly after Mike Crankson knocked out Wailer Vroom to retain his GojuFist Grandmaster title.
He is making his eleventh defence against an opponent from Kenya, JACK SHARK.
It is the fifth round.
Crankson has systematically torn Shark apart from the first round, exhibiting an awesome array of skill that his bigger opponent has no answer to.
By the beginning of the fifth round, Jack Shark is a shambling, swollen and bleeding man.
The punishment has been cruel, and many of the spectators are even showing signs of pity for the man.
Shark throws a powerful haymaker that, had it landed, would have torn Crankson's head off his neck, but the lithe champion dances easily back, spins with a reverse punch that sinks into Shark's jaw, making the man totter.
Crankson leaps in mid-air, and brings a crushing elbow down into the top of Shark's head.
Blood spews out of Shark's mouth, and he falls like an uprooted tree.
The crowd erupts!
CROWD
Crankboss! Crankboss! Crankboss!!
It is deafening.
Crankson is prancing around the ring with his famous signature jig with his waist.
There is an arrogant smirk on his face, and he makes lewd gestures at the cameras.
It is another incredible knockout for the Ghanaian champion.
Jack Shark is standing wobbly after the announcement.
His face is badly swollen. There is a trace of blood around his shattered lips and nose. His eyes are almost closed.
The punishment he has received is severe.
The cameras zoom in on him, and the Ring Interviewer thrusts a speaker at him.
INTERVIEWER
(sombrely)
That was quite a terrible time with the champion, wasn't it, Mr. Shark?
SHARK
(painfully)
I have only one thing to say. Crankson won, and he thinks because he has eleven championship defences, that makes him the best. But he will never be in the same class as Bawa. Chris Bawa will always be the best, because he has a heart, and he's got the best skills I've ever seen.
There is a scream of fury from Crankson.
He jumps from the ring and rushes at Jack Shark, screaming all the time, but his huge bodyguards hold him back.
Shark and his team begin to move away, and still Crankson screams and tries to reach him.
The interviewer walks up to Crankson tentatively.
Crankson snatches the speaker angrily.
INTERVIEWER
Well, Mr. Crankson, you are the toast of your fans today, once again, reaching a historic eleventh defence of your title, one better than the previous Grandmaster Bawa. It seems, however, that your opponent today doesn't think much of you, and instead has a lot of respect for Mr. Chris Bawa. What do you say to that?
CrANKSON
(furiously)
I whipped him like I whipped all the other pretenders! I'm the best! Everybody knows I'm the best! Eleventh defence of my title, still undefeated. I've asked Chris Bawa to step up if he's man enough, but what does he do? He stays in a kitchen frying chicken, because he's chicken, a damn coward who know he's no match for me. He hasn't got the balls to face me!
INTERVIEWER
You've done it all, champion, and proved beyond doubt that you're the best. Why do you think people still hold on to the notion that Mr. Bawa can beat you?
CRANKSON
(furiously)
Which people? Chris is a coward! A man afraid of his own shadow!
He turns to the camera and looks directly into it, his face vicious.
CrANKSON
(nastily)
Chris Coward Chicken Bawa, I know you're watching this! I say you're a coward! I say you have no balls! I say you're not a man! Maybe life in prison turned you into a woman! The world wants to see who's the best! Are you going to step into the ring with me, or are you going to lick the floor like a damn worm? Listen, you coward, you're not fit to be called a man! You're a coward, a piece of chicken meat like-
EYRAM'S RESIDENCE
BOYS QUARTERS
Baaba presses the power button on the remote, and the television goes off.
She gets up from the seat and walks to where Chris is standing by the window, drinking a bottle of malt.
She faces him, and sees the terrible anger in the depths of his eyes.
BAABA
He's an asshole, Chris. Don't mind him.
Chris drains the bottle and regards it for a long time.
CHRIS
That guy is a disgrace to the fine art of GojuFist. He's using it to torment people and punish them. It is sad, but someone needs to take him down, and fast, before he kills the sport with his cruelty and stupidity.
BAABA
(gently)
Is that person you, Chris? I don't want you fighting him, ever. He's a beast.
Chris moves from her and sits on the arm of seat.
CHRIS
No, no. I'm not fighting him, no matter the taunts he throws at me. I promised Junior, and I'm not going to break it.
She comes and stands in front of him. She regards him with her head cocked to one side.
BAABA
(gently)
I'm glad to hear that, Chris. Well, it is late. I better push off. Church tomorrow, work on Monday. See me off?
Chris gets to his feet and smiles down at her.
Since the day in the eatery when Junior had begged for her, she is almost a different woman.
It has been more than a month now, but she has not made any play at him.
Their relationship has been easy and mutually respectful, and he has not seen that violent side of her again.
She appears to be happy, and she spends a lot of time with him and Junior.
Chris puts the malt bottle down and checks on Junior who is sleeping in the bedroom.
Junior now spends Saturdays with him.
Chris picks him up on Friday afternoons, sends him to the eatery and then comes home with him.
He sends him to Effe early Sunday mornings.
Junior is still sleeping.
Chris follows Baaba outside.
She takes his hand and walks in front of him, and once they begin to walk towards her car she suddenly places his hand on her buttocks and holds it there.
Just like that, out of the blue, without warning!
It is the first intimate gesture she has made in many weeks, and it disappoints him a bit.
He had been of the view that she has moved on.
He does not fight it. It is the one night he does not want her to become violent, not when Junior is around.
She unlocks the car with the remote, and he opens the door for her.
She begins to get in, and then she stops.
BAABA
(softly)
So, how's it with Effe now?
Chris looks warily into her eyes, seeking if she is going into one of her mood swings, but she still seems calm and sweet, which is not an assurance in itself because she had always been at her sweetest just before she slipped into that murderous mood.
CHRIS
We're slowly finding our way back to each other, Baaba. I'm certain that she will make that big decision soon.
BAABA
(sadly)
I hope so, Chris. You deserve all the happiness. It is just that sometimes I get so lonely and so jealous, missing you so much. Sometimes I hate it so much when I remember how you made love to me, and now you’ve ditched me like a squashed pest.
That scares Chris.
It is a bad sign, a dangerous sign that can lead to her violent behaviour.
Junior is sleeping in there.
He cannot afford to let Baaba slip into that mood.
Chris forces a sweet loving smile.
CHRIS
(sighing)
I'm sorry, Baaba. Very sorry.
BAABA
You know, I've tried to date other guys, since my promise to you to stay from any sexual advances towards you. But it's not the same thing. I can't imagine myself making love to anybody but you, Chris. That's the truth.
He says nothing to that.
She suddenly draws near to him, stands on tiptoe, and kisses him gently.
Her lips are sweet and wet, but he derives no satisfaction from it, no desire.
He holds her, just to make her calm and happy, but his heart bleeds inside, because it is like old times, when no other woman could take the place of Effe.
Effe is in him, in his blood, in his very soul, and his love for her is still so strong. He knows that he cannot live without her... ever!
Baaba steps back, and without a word enters her car.
She starts up, reverses, spins the car round and heads for the entrance.
Suddenly the brake lights come on, and then she reverses fast, too fast, and brings the car to a screeching halt just inches from his kneecaps.
She gets down, and as she begins to walk toward him, Chris' legs suddenly feels weak.
CHRIS
(moaning)
Dear Lord, no. Her thing has returned!
Baaba is looking fiercely at him.
The soft eyes are gone. These are the eyes of the woman who has smashed his head with a piece of rock.
And then Chris notices with a crippling horror that she is holding a gun in her right hand, and suddenly he looks towards the Boys Quarters.
Dear Lord.... Junior!
Chris is gripped with a fear and panic he has never felt before.
BAABA
(in a frosted voice)
You bastard, Chris! You f***ing bastard! I kiss you and all I taste is your teeth? What do you take me for, a LovePeddler? You better kiss me right, Romeo, before I get nasty, and believe me, you don't want me to get nasty, motherf***er!
Chris' heart beats with absolute horror.
He looks at the gun in her hand and for a wild moment contemplates attacking her, but he knows that if he tries it and fails she can harm Junior!
Chris feels a numbness spreading through him.
His horror is that complete.
He holds out his hands.
CHRIS
Come on, Baaba, ple-
BAABA
(screaming)
Kiss me right, Chris! Right now, you piece of smelly anal shit!
She is losing it fast, quickly becoming the mad Baaba.
And she is waving the gun dangerously in all directions.
Trembling with fear, Chris moves forward and gathers her into his arms.
He kisses her passionately, all the while thinking about Junior, terrified for the welfare of his beloved son.
She responds feverishly, passionately, pushing her tongue into his mouth, exploring, frenzied!
She steps back panting.
Wild, mad-eyed and breathing hard, she unbuttons her shirt with her left hand deftly.
She is not wearing a bra, and her breasts stand up petulantly and proudly in the glow of the outside lights .
CHRIS
(hollowly)
Baaba, please. Please don't do this.
BAABA
(almost in a growl)
I'm not raping you, Chris. Lick my nipples, now! Do it, Chris! Now!
She points the gun at his head, and her finger curls around the trigger.
Chris sighs and looks at the porch, wondering if he locked the door when they came out.
Unsteadily, he bends and puts one of her nipples in his mouth, licking it hard.
She grabs his hand, spreads her legs, and pushes his hand between her thighs.
She is wearing no panties, and Chris’ fingers nestle in her wet core.
His mind has almost ceased working as he licks her nipple and caresses her jade gate, and when she puts the gun against his temple he knows then that he will never ever allow Baaba anywhere near him again, even if he has to take a restraining order against her.
BAABA
(moaning)
Yes, yes, yes! Touch me Chris, do it, do it, do it, do it! My other nipples, yes, now! Kiss it! Lick it!
Chris takes her other nipple in his mouth, and she moans louder, rubbing hard against his hand.
She traps his hand between her legs with her thighs, pulls up his head, and kisses him hard, moaning at the same time, groaning, moving on his hand...and she keeps the tip of the pistol firmly against his temple all the time.
Suddenly she screams and vibrates, holding him tightly as her orgasm tears through her.
She bucks and gyrates fiercely, scissoring her legs so that his hand is trapped between her thighs.
And Chris’ heart stops beating, because the gun is waving quite dangerously in the space around his face as she loses control and succumbs to the violent orgasm thrashing her body.
Suddenly she pushes his face away and steps back.
Without warning she transfers the gun to her left hand swings her right fist straight into his nose, so hard that he bites the inside of his cheek and traces of blood drips down his nose as a flaring pain rips through his face.
BAABA
(shouting)
Craaaaaaaaazzzzyyyy! You crazy dog, Chris. Next time if you kiss me with your teeth locked again I’ll murder your f***ing stupid stinking mouth!
She giggles then, quite insanely.
Chris is silent and still, and he is not even breathing.
She turns suddenly and walks, still with her shirt open, to the car.
She throws the pistol into the car, gets in, and this time she speeds away fast.
Chris still feels the pain of her fist.
He stares long after she is gone, quite perplexed, expecting her to zoom right back and shoot him.
JAILBIRD continues

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-JAILBIRD

3 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 10:03pm On Feb 22, 2018
Tanks 4d update.
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 8:24am On Feb 23, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

He walks with a heavy heart to the door, enters and locks it.
He feels so sad. Baaba had been the perfect lady for a while now, so sweet and dependable, so cool, and he had thought her moments of abrasive mood swings were over.
He feels dirty, used and abused. He had not derived any physical joy from her passionate adventure.
He strips down and enters the shower.
He takes a long cool bath, slips into pyjamas, and goes to the bedroom.
Junior is lying on his side.
Chris slips silently into bed besides him, and a moment later Junior reaches out and holds his middle left finger.
JUNIOR
(sleepily)
I heard the Transformer Baaba screaming.
Chris is suddenly alert, and confused.
CHRIS
(softly)
The what?
JUNIOR
Oh, you haven't watched Transformers before?
CHRIS
No, Champ, what is it?
JUNIOR
They're cartoons. Well there are Transformers movies too, but Mom says I should be thirteen years before I can watch the movies, and so I watch the cartoons. The Transformers are these cars that can change into this really cool, huge metal robots that can do hero stuff. Auntie Baaba is like that. Sometimes she transforms into a very bad woman!
Chris’ blood runs cold.
He sits up in bed and switches on the light, and Junior winces. He takes Junior's arm and draws him up.
He is very, very shocked.
CHRIS
(scared)
Baaba? She behaves strangely when she's with you?
JUNIOR
(giggling)
Sometimes yes, but only when she changes into Transformer Baaba. Daddy, Auntie Baaba is fun to be with, but when she becomes Transformer Baaba she is awful! But don't worry, I've learnt how to change her back to Auntie Baaba when she transforms into Transformer Baaba.
Chris looks intently at his son.
He is very angry all of a sudden, and he feels like killing Baaba.
It had never occurred to him that Baaba’s strange mood swings could happen around his dear son.
Chris is angry with himself for exposing Junior to something like that.
CHRIS
Champ, has she ever hit you, or done anything mean when she... when she transforms?
JUNIOR
(shrugging)
No, no, Daddy. I told you I can make her change from Transformer Baaba to Cool Baaba. It's always fun!
CHRIS
(tersely)
Listen, Champ! It is not fun, do you understand? I'm going to keep her away from you, and I want you to promise me you'll never ever be alone with her again.
JUNIOR
(sad)
But Daddy-
CHRIS
(seriously)
Promise me, Champ! Now!
Junior is shaken up. He throws his arms around his father.
JUNIOR
Don't be angry, Daddy. I promise! Don't be angry at me! It makes me sad.
Chris pats his back lovingly. He switches off the light and lies down, keeping his son on his chest.
CHRIS
Daddy is not angry with you, Champ. It's just that when Auntie Baaba is in that mood, she does very bad things. I don't want anything bad to happen to you, okay?
JUNIOR
(relieved)
Okay, Daddy. I love you.
CHRIS
I love you too, Champ. I love you very much.
GHANA INTERNATIONAL GOJUFIST ARENA
There are a lot of people milling around the private parking park below the Ghana International GojuFist Arena.
The excitement from the fight is still raging fiercely.
There are some who are thrilled with the brutal display by Mike Crankson, and there are some who are saying he is too mean.
Some are saying Mike is the best, whilst some die-hard fanatics are defending their views that Chris Bawa is the best GojuFist Grandmaster ever.
Effe follows Elaine out of the private entrance to the parking lot.
Effe is looking absolutely radiant in a designer black evening dress that reaches to her ankles and fits her like a dream.
Elaine is in a short blue dress, and she takes Effe's hand as they walk towards the cars.
Mike Crankson and his entourage are already noisily getting into their huge three Hummers.
Mike has changed into an all-white jeans affair: jeans trousers, white singlet, jeans jacket, white sneakers, white hat, and with a lot of gold chains and rings.
He is walking with three women, one of them oriental-looking.
He pushes her against a black Hummer, and grossly fondles her breasts as he kisses her.
They scramble into the car, and soon they all leave the parking lot with a screech of tyres.
EFFE
(shuddering)
Lord, I dislike that guy! He’s so uncouth!
ELAINE
(sighing)
Me too. But he makes money for my husband, so I have to tolerate him.
Elaine takes out a cigarette and lights it nervously.
Afful and Steve emerge from the entrance.
Steve takes Effe's arm and kisses her lightly on the lips.
STEVE
(slurring)
Come on, darling. Lemme take you home.
They walk towards his shiny Lexus and he opens the passenger door for Effe.
Afful walks towards Elaine.
AFFUL
Sweetcakes, listen, are you coming for the victory party?
Elaine's face drops.
She exhales cigarette smoke, drops the cigarette and steps on it viciously.
ELAINE
(almost sadly)
You promised me, Jonathan. You told me you would go home with me and spend some time with me.
Afful clucks with sympathy and holds her elbows, his face concerned.
AFFUL
Yes, yes, I promised! But look, Micky wanted me to be present, ok? He's now making a lot of money for us, and a lot of promoters are after him. I have to please him. Listen, we can go to the party, spend about an hour and then leave. It will be fun!
Elaine turns away from him.
ELAINE
I'll be home waiting, Jon, if you change your mind.
AFFUL
(faking sadness)
Don't be like this, darling. A few minutes, and I'll be home. I promise.
He gives his car keys to a chauffeur standing by, and then he hurriedly walks to a waiting Mercedes.
He gets in the back, and as the driver speeds off, a long-legged Chinese beauty sits up in the back seat.
She is wearing a huge bulbous black fur coat.
She throws the coat open and reveals her naked body underneath.
CALL GIRL
(seductively)
Come to Mama, you bad boy!
Jonathan Afful pulls his belt buckle open and unzips fast.
He pulls out his inflamed organ from his boxers and as the prostitute's head moves down over him he looks through the tint glass of the window and sees Elaine getting into the back seat of his other car.
AFFUL
Tonight is for bad girls, Elly, my dear! Not for home chow!
In the back seat of the other car Elaine puts a cigarette to her lips.
She takes her lighter, flips it open, and crank it several times but the flame does not shoot out.
It seems the gas is exhausted in the lighter.
She yells and throws the lighter. It smashes into the windscreen, and it cracks in several places.
The startled chauffeur almost loses control and the car almost crashes into a concrete pillar, but he recovers and continues driving.
CHAUFFEUR
Is everything alright, madam?
ELAINE
(screaming)
Shut the Bleep up and drive!!
She leans back, takes the cigarette from her mouth, and shuts her eyes.
After a few minutes her shoulders shake as she weeps bitterly.
EFFE'S RESIDENCE
Steve stops the car, but keeps the engine running.
He turns in his seat as Effe unbuckles her seat-belt.
STEVE
(tenderly)
You sure you don't want me to come up for a bit, darling?
Effe smiles at him and rubs his cheek briefly.
EFFE
No, Steve. I'm quite tired. Thanks for a wonderful night out. I'll see you in the morning.
She turns to open the door.
STEVE
(quietly)
Are we ever going to get married, Effe?
Effe stops. Slowly she sits back down and turns to him.
EFFE
It's a bit late, Steve. Can we talk tomorrow after church?
STEVE
Just a simple question, Effe. Are we going to get married?
EFFE
(worriedly)
Oh, Steve! There's so much happening right now, and I've so much on my mind, frankly-
STEVE
(coldly)
Nothing much is happening, Effe, and nothing is going through your mind! It is only Chris who is happening, only Chris on your mind! Stop playing me for a fool, Effe! It's him, isn't it? Somehow, you've failed to get him to sign the divorce papers! Maybe you don't even want him to sign it anymore!
Effe can feel his frustration and feel his pain.
He has been with her through it all.
From Chris deceit, his rape of Elaine, his assault on his uncle, the accident, the drugs found in his car, his trial, his imprisonment... through all that Steve had waited at her side.
He doesn't deserve her coldness, her confusion and her indecision.
She reaches out and touches his arm.
EFFE
(tremulously)
I'm so sorry, Steve! So sorry! You don't deserve to be treated like this. Please, just give me a little bit more time, okay? I promise to come to a decision, and you'll be the first to know!
STEVE
(harshly)
But it's Chris, isn't it? You don't hate him anymore, do you?
Silent tears now spill down Effe's lovely cheeks. She exhales tremulously.
EFFE
You're a good man, Steve. You're the kind of man every woman would love in her partner. Please, just-
STEVE
(cutting in angrily)
You don't love him anymore, do you, Effe?
Effe flinches, and she clasps her hands nervously, but when she speaks her voice is calm now, and sure.
EFFE
I've never stopped loving him, Steve. That does not mean I'm going back to him, though. I'm just so terribly confused and I don't know what to do. Please, just give me a little time to get myself sorted out, I beg of you!
Effe opens the door and runs into her house.

JAILBIRD continues

4 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2018
Bro hw far na. Comma update oo
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 9:26am On Feb 24, 2018
Good morning aoz.

Bro hope all is well
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 6:35am On Feb 25, 2018
Brotherly. Morni oo, happen?
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2018
Morni oo. Who dey aoz ooo

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 5:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
Bro hope all is well
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by itsandi(m): 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 7:38pm On Feb 27, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

Steve guns the powerful engine and speeds away like the devil is after him.
After some minutes he stops, gets out and walks to the back of the car.
He takes out a small phial from the inside pocket of his coat, opens it, and then he pours a white powdery content from it unto the back of his left hand.
He sniffs the cocaine angrily, pours a bit more, and sniffs it again, inhaling deeply.
He gets behind the steering again, and as the cocaine works its magic through his veins he relaxes a bit, but his heart is still throbbing with hatred.
He screams shrilly inside the car.
STEVE
F*** YOU, CHRIS BAWA! DIE, CHRIS BAWA! ROT IN HELL, YOU UGLY MOTHERF***ER, CHRIS BAWA!!
GENTLEMAN'S PERK NIGHT CLUB
Steve enters the noisy interior.
The heavy-metal rock sounds are blasting.
Excited revellers are gyrating violently on the dance floor.
The semi-nude women are lewdly dancing in their glass cylindrical booths.
He takes the private elevator to the top floor where Afful and the others are.
He is ushered into the private lounge. There are naked women, soft music, dimmed lights and a lot of drugs here.
Steve grabs a bottle of scotch from an ice bucket. He pours some into a glass and drinks it neatly.
He walks through the deep seats until he reaches another door and throws it open.
There is a stage mounted at one end of the room, and it has a shiny pole in its middle.
Two Asian women are dancing around the pole in the most erotic pole-dancing routine Steve has ever seen.
Crankson and Afful are seated, watching the girls.
Steve drains his glass and pours another shot.
He goes round and stands in front of the two men.
Mike and Afful shout in disgust.
AFFUL
(indignantly)
Get out of the way, Stevo! You're blocking my view!
Steve does not budge.
He points a trembling finger at Afful.
STEVE
When is this damn Operation Darlett coming off? I need Chris outta the way now!
CRANKSON
(angrily)
Me too, bugger! Get me in the ring with that a**hole and I'll kill him for ya!
Steve looks at Crankson.
STEVE
He promised his son not to fight again, and so he will never fight you. However, the only way to get through him is through his son. You want Chris? Go and push his son around a bit!
Crankson suddenly goes still, and a crafty look comes into his eyes.
CRANKSON
Wow, you're sick man! Thought you love the kid's mother? Anyway, brilliant idea. Why haven’t I thought of that? That little brat hangs around that restaurant with Chris most of the time. Should be easy to knock that boy down!
AFFUL
Keep your coats on, you a**hole. Darlett is coming out of prison on Monday. By next week Friday Chris Bawa will be back in jail or dead, Stevo!
CRANKSON
If you don't do Chris, I will, believe that!
STEVE
You two do what you have to do! I want Chris Bawa out, you hear?
He pours more drink, and then notices a beautiful black woman in the far end of the room.
AFFUL
That's Zeena from Zambia, old dog. She's one hell of a feline tigress! Take her, if you're man enough!
STEVE
Ohhhhh yeeeeaaahhh!
He approaches the woman.
She smiles and purrs at him. She gets up to meet him.
Steve kisses her hard, violently, and then he grabs her arm and drags her to a door to one side of the private viewing room.
He opens the door as Zeena cries with pain, but he barely hears her.
There is a bed in the middle of the room.
Steve pushes her on top of the bed.
He reaches up, grabs her fur coat and rips it off.
She is naked beneath, and her body is black and beautiful.
She is looking angrily at him.
ZEENA
Stop it now! I'm not ready yet! Take your time and stop behaving like a starved bull.
STEVE
F*** you! I don’t give a F*** about you, bitch.
He rips off his coat and underwear, and then he jumps into the bed.
ZEENA
No, no, no, Mr. Man! I'm not ready! You can't do this!
Steve slaps her, and she falls back with a little cry of pain.
He holds her knees and pries her legs apart.
She tries to close her legs on him again, and he punches her in the face.
She falls back, dazed, bleeding from a cut lip.
Steve whoops maniacally.
STEVE
(ecstatically)
Yeah, yeah, bitch! See you bleed! Who's boss now, huh? Who's boss?
He holds her legs apart and falls between her thighs, thrusting violently into her.
She screams with pain, and then suddenly she gets her knees into his lower abdomen and then she kicks up and out.
Steve's body sails off her, and he crashes into the wall beyond the bed.
He cries out in pain and surprise, and a second later she drags a heavy metallic ashtray from the bedside table and smashes it unto his head.
Steve groans, dazed, and slips to the floor.
She kicks him in the belly, and he screams.
ZEENA
(fiercely)
Pig!
She takes her fur coat and leaves the room.
Steve lies on the floor, groaning in pain, and cursing Chris Bawa.
PEARLS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL – LATE AFTERNOON
Effe closes the back door of her car after making sure Junior is strapped in, and goes around to the driver's seat.
School is over and she has come to pick up her son.
Normally either her Mom or Dad picked him up, and when Effe closes from work she passes through and takes Junior home.
Today, however, she has finished her court case early.
It had been a corporate case involving an insurance company that fraudulently took premiums and refused to pay claims.
Effe had represented one of the victims, a mother whose son suffered from cancer and needed surgery. It had dragged for almost a year, and at some point, in time Effe had feared she was going to lose the case.
The insurance company is powerful with the best-paid lawyers representing them, but finally the breakthrough came when Effe had a secret witness who had given her pertinent in-house documents that proved the company had as its core policy, a first-time decline of all claims.
The jury had found the company guilty, and awarded a handsome case settlement fee. Effe had brought a giant to its knees.
It is a first!
No one had believed it possible! Aside the financial gain on the case, with her firm obtaining a third of the settlement, the case has brought with it great prestige and it has made her very happy.
It is all over the news, and natural inclination is to celebrate with the first man in her life... Junior, well and of course Chris.
Steve had called to congratulate her, but it hasn't brought with it the great pleasure that bubbled in her breast when she received the WhatsApp message from Chris:
That brilliant lawyer is mine... Congrats, Angel. I love you. Always have, always will.
She had read it over and again, and it is engraved in her heart, and she knows that it is time to cross the bridge.
Yes, Chris had beaten up his uncle savagely.
Yes, Chris had raped Elaine.
Yes, Chris had been drunk, and high on drugs.
Yes, Chris had knocked down a girl and she had lost a leg.
Yes, Chris had not apologized to the girl.
Yes, Chris had punched out a police man's eye.
Yes, Chris had been found with cocaine in his car!
He is not a perfect man. He has always been a bad boy, a traumatized boy ever since his older brother died in a fire.
He has served five years in jail, and ever since he came out he has been a different man.
He is a man who has put all the badness behind him and is working for himself, and to keep his son happy.
He is a man who has lost it all, and who is on the road to redemption. He is a man who needs love.
He loves her. And she loves him back.
She just needs his commitment, his promise, his love.
If he can give her that, then the time has come for them to live their love again.
JUNIOR
Mommy, you seem really really really happy!
His words break her reveries, and she looks briefly at him in the back seat.
EFFE
(smiling happily)
I'm really excited, my Prince. Say, how would you like us to pass through Daddy's place?
JUNIOR
Yappity yappity yipppeeee!!
They both laugh, and Effe breathes deeply.
There is an uneasy prayer in her heart:
Dear Lord, this time round, I beg of you, sustain this love between me and this man I love so much!
JAILBIRD continues

3 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 3:50am On Feb 28, 2018
U too much
Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

JUNIOR'S
It is rush hour.
There is no empty seat in the restaurant.
Orders keep flooding in from the take-away desks. The Drive-Through is choked.
Chris moves through the kitchen, increasingly getting frustrated, unable to catch any breath.
But he looks at the over-worked Victor and the other staff, and he marvels.
Victor is smiling constantly, enjoying the moment, the pressure, and the demand.
CHRIS
(putting seasoning on noodles)
You think this is fun?
Victor grins from ear to ear as he takes a basket of crispy-fried chicken and upends it into a drainer.
VICTOR
This is the happiest day of my life, sir! Thank you, oh thank you!
Chris cannot believe his ears. He shakes his head and laughs.
Three hours later, the pressure begins to reduce a bit, and the kitchen intercom rings.
Victor picks up, listens, and then looks over at Chris who has just finished packing up a giant order of banku and okra soup.
CHRIS
For me?
VICTOR
Yes, sir. They say a Mr. Darlett Thompson is at the reception looking for you.
He watches as a look of sheer delight crosses Chris' face, and then he turns and dashes out of the kitchen.
Victor replaces the receiver and, out of curiosity, he walks out and down the corridor and peers into the reception.
He sees that a medium-built man wearing black jeans and a batakari has gotten to his feet.
The man has grey hair cropped very close to his skull, and he seems to be middle-aged.
The man and Chris approach each other, and then they embrace tightly.
Intrigued, Victor watches as Chris leads the man out of the back door of the reception into the private little garden behind the reception which Chris loves so much.
Meanwhile, Effe drives into the staff parking lot of JUNIOR'S and parks.
She sees Chris' bike under one of the sheds and she smiles tenderly, imagining his surprise when he sees them.
She gets down, and finds that Junior has already unbuckled his seat-belt, opened his door, and is running towards the entrance of the restaurant.
EFFE
(shouting)
Junior! Wait up, Junior!
She races after him, and when she turns the corner she suddenly stops.
A black Hummer is parked across the street, and she recognizes it immediately.
Across its side are words:
CRANK-BOSS.
EFFE
(fearfully)
Oh, no! Oh, no! Chris!
It belongs to Mike Crankson, and a moment later she sees the GojuFist Grandmaster Champion approaching the entrance of the restaurant in the company of his trainer and bodyguard.
Behind him are some journalists' and television crew.
Effe recognizes the HEARTBEAT TELEVISION news van parked at the Customer Parking Lot.
The television cameras are rolling.
Mike Crankson is dressed in all white, as usual, and he is walking arrogantly with a swagger and a rude look on his face.
Effe sees, much to her horror, that Junior is suddenly standing in front of the entrance defiantly, barring the way.
EFFE
(horrified)
Oh, dear Lord, no!
She knows why Crankson has come.
He just wants to bait Chris into taking a fight with him.
Crankson suddenly sees Junior barring the door, and his lips open into a great grin of victory.
He remembers what Steve had said.
Here is his answer for a fight at long last.
CRANKSON
(nastily)
See what I see, Bobo? That’s Chris’ boy over there. Heaven must be real!
BOBO BLACK, who is Crankson’s bodyguard, is a huge man, muscle-bound and as solid as a tree.
He is very strong, and sometimes the level of his strength awed even Mike Crankson.
BOBO
Easy, Master. I don't think you should mess with the kid.
Crankson’s trainer, Nana Bosomtwum, is a vicious man who never smiles. He has a skeletal frame, and is also as tough as nails.
BOSOMTWUM
Relax, Bobo. Nothing hard. Just a little push is all it'll take to make Chris angry enough to take the fight.
As Effe begins to run towards her son, Crankson reaches Junior.
Junior stares defiantly at them.
JUNIOR
(voice unsteady)
Go away! My Daddy doesn't want to fight!
CRANKSON
(snickering)
Your Dada is a coward! A puny, stinking little coward, boy! Let me in. Just want to have a talk with him.
JUNIOR
No! He doesn't want to talk to you! Go away!
The television cameras are rolling!
The journalists are taking pictures.
Effe is still running forward.
EFFE
JUNIOR! STEP ASIDE, JUNIOR!!
Crankson tries to step around Junior, but the boy bars his way.
JUNIOR
(pushing Crankson back)
I said go away! Daddy won't fight!
Sudden anger crosses Crankson's face when Junior pushes him.
CRANKSON
(angrily)
Why, you little shitty weasel!
He sweeps his arm, catching Junior on the shoulder.
Junior is thrown sideways.
Bobo tries to catch him before he falls, but he misses, and then the boy falls on the hard concrete hard, hitting the back of his head on the floor.
Junior goes limp!
There is a shocked silence.
Everybody freezes for a second, and a faint trickle of blood seeps from under Junior's head, Effe begins to scream.
EFFE
(agonized)
JUNIOOOOOOOORRRRR!!!
Bobo looks fiercely at Bosomtwum.
BOBO
This is bad. Get Mike out of here! Fast!
There is confusion everywhere!
The cameras are rolling, people are screaming, Bosomtwum has taken Crankson's arm and is propelling him towards the Hummer.
Effe sits on the ground and reaches for her son.
In the private garden Chris hears the screams, and he recognizes Effe's scream. It cuts through him, searing his heart.
He stands up with fear on his face, causing Darlett to get to his feet too.
DARLETT
What's wrong, son?
CHRIS
(in a whisper)
My son. Junior! Something must be wrong with him. That scream was Effe.
Chris is a whirlwind that runs through the reception, down the spaces of the restaurant and blasts through the entrance.
He sees Effe on the ground, cradling a very still Junior. The boy's eyes are closed, and there is blood on Effe's hands.
There are a lot of people, photographers, cameras, noise, and for a moment Chris is confused, thinking that maybe the boy fell down, or worse a car has knocked him down.
That is when he sees the huge Bobo Black, recognizes him as one of the men he has seen in the corridor at the GIGA when he tried to speak to Afful.
Chris' eyes dashes across the street, and he sees Nana Bosomtwum urging a grinning Mike Crankson towards the Hummer.
Effe looks up and sees Chris, and her heart beats with fear at the expression on his face.
She knows that if he is not stopped he would enter that murderous rage that had always been his Nemesis.
EFFE
(desperately)
Chris, Chris, CHRIS! Look at me Chris, please, LOOK AT ME! Junior needs you! I need you! Chris, let it go! CHRIS!
CHRIS
(with cold fury)
Crankson did this?
A reporter from URBAN GOSSIP, a newspaper dedicated to the sensational, speaks up quickly.
REPORTER
(excitedly)
Yes, Mr. Bawa. He struck your son!
In all his years of physical contact, Bobo Black has never seen any human moving from calm docility to total destruct mode as he sees in Chris Bawa that day.
He sees the veins of fury standing out all over Chris' face and arms.
He sees the veins on his neck, and the murderous fury in his eyes.
He knows that if he does not stop Chris, something awful will happen.
Mike Crankson has seen that Chris has come out, and has seen that he has noticed them.
Crankson stops in the middle of the road and turns to walk back to face Chris.
BOSOMTWUM
(desperately)
No, no, no! Mike, not here! Get into the car! He will take the fight now! Get into the car!!
But Crankson, never one to walk away from a fight, pushes his trainer aside and begins to walk towards Chris.
Chris rushes forward, and Bobo moves from the side to stop him.
Chris pivots without breaking stride and hammers a fist with such force into Bobo's ribs that the huge man gasps as a terrible pain racks through his body, and blood spills from his lips, and he knows that some of his ribs are broken.
Chris spins away from the falling body, and crashes a fist into Bobo's face, breaking his nose, and Bobo sprawls to the floor like a broken doll.
Chris looks across at Crankson who has come to a complete stop, stunned.
Nana Bosomtwum stops dead, and he speaks slowly under his breath.
BOSOMTWUM
Mike, that man is mad. If you don't get into the car he's going to kill you!
JAILBIRD continues tomorrow

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update... Make den free Chris oo, make e scatter dt crankson way dey believe im self

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by itsmaoaom(f): 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2018
Crankson own too much ooooo
Chris must not go back to prison ooooooo

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

Crankson cannot believe what he has just seen.
No, it can't be possible. No man can do what Chris has just done to Bobo.
Bobo Black is an expert, a power freak who also doubles as Mike's sparring partner.
He is strong, he is fast, and he is an expert in many forms of martial arts.
But his destruction had been within the blink of an eye.
Mike knows, quite too late, that he has bitten off more than he can chew.
Mike is not a coward, and never had been, but he knows a bully when he sees one, and he knows that Chris Bawa is a bully, and he knows deep down that he has been terribly wrong about this Bawa dude. .
He is no match for that furious maddened man coming for him.
Chris steps across Bobo's sprawled body and rushes forward, but Darlett holds unto him tightly.
DARLETT
(afraid)
Son, son, son! Take it easy, son! You will kill him! They'll send you back to prison!
But Chris is beyond listening to reason.
Seeing Junior lying so still, so hurt, with blood on his head has just taken all reason out of his head.
He pushes Darlett aside easily.
EFFE
Stop him! Oh, please, somebody stop him, please!
Many men rush on Chris, holding him trying to bring him down.
He is like an eel, knocking them off one after the other with such rage that when six men fall to the ground moaning with pain, no one dares to hold him again.
By that time, though, Bosomtwum and Crankson are in the Hummer, and the driver has started up and the car is moving down the street.
Chris is like a robot!
He can't see beyond the red haze of his anger, his hurt, his bitterness!
He begins to run after the Hummer, pumping his legs, his arms, running, chasing it!
Bosomtwum and Crankson turn and watch him through the back windshield.
Chris is oblivious of the horns of cars behind him. He chases the Hummer with such one-track anger, his eyes seeming to cast glows of hatred after the huge black car.
But the car is fast, and is gathering speed, and soon the distance between them widens, and still Chris will not stop running after it, even when his heart begins to tear apart with lack of oxygen.
When the Hummer is safely away, Bosomtwum turns away and sits down, but Crankson is riveted to the windshield, still looking out.
BOSOMTWUM
(warily)
You can't fight that man, Mike. The fight is off.
Crankson finally sits down and looks at his trainer.
CRANKSON
He'll force me to fight now, Nana. I'll have no choice.
Bosomtwum turns and looks at the young man with hard eyes.
BOSOMTWUM
There should be a choice, Mike. I saw a beast out there. It is personal for him now. I don't know if his boy is going to be alright. You pushed him too hard. Whatever we do, we're not fighting him.
CRANKSON
I ain't scared of that old man! I'll tear him apart.
BOSOMTWUM
(coldly)
From what I saw, if you fight that man, you'll never fight again. He'll kill you!
Chris is still running until Effe's car suddenly crosses him.
He looks at her desperately.
EFFE
(tears running down her face)
Chris. Get in the car!
The backdoor opens.
Darlett is there, cradling the still form of Junior.
Chris, fatigued out, climbs in.
Effe begins to drive with her horn blaring.
Chris takes his son in his arms and holds him gently as his whole body continue to vibrate with rage.
A moment later he feels pressure on his middle finger, and looks down, and Junior is gripping his hand hard.
His eyes open slowly and he smiles weakly at his father.
And, much against his will, tears of love and relief flood Chris’ eyes.
CHRIS
Champ! Oh, Champ!
EDEN HOSPITAL
The huge Waiting Lounge of Eyram's Consultancy is filled with anxious people.
The glass doors slide open for the umpteenth time.
Steve and Jonathan Afful enter, and Elaine is behind them.
Steve pauses with mild surprise.
Effe is present, together with her parents.
Some of their friends are present as well, and a few more people Steve does not recognize.
Chris is standing at the far end near a window, his back turned, staring out through the tinted glass pane.
Besides him is a diminutive white-haired elderly man.
Effe is sitting anxiously on a seat near Chris, and she is staring at his turned back with a look that is both tender and worried, and it sears through Steve's heart like hot daggers.
The doors slide open again and Diana, Chris' sister, enters.
Steve walks to Effe's side and sits beside her.
He reaches for her hand, and for a very brief moment she almost snatches her hand away, but she relaxes slowly as he puts an arm around her shoulders.
Elaine sits at her other side of the long seat, and Afful stands, casting furtive glances at Chris and Darlett.
STEVE
So sorry, love. We heard the news on radio and rushed straight here.
ELAINE
(softly)
How's he, honey?
EFFE
Eyram is attending to him. We just-
And at that very moment Eyram emerges from the wards and pauses, and then she surveys the room.
Effe gets to her feet, but Eyram quickly walks forward, and for a moment it appears as if she is going to pass Effe and go straight to Chris, but Effe holds her sister's arm suddenly with a severe questioning look on her face.
EYRAM
He's going to be fine. Just a mild concussion. His wound has been treated, and did not even require stitches.
Chris turns away from the window... and his face is death.
His eyes are slits, and his jaw is working. Those who know him well know that he is in destructive mode, and has reached the utmost limits of his fury where he cannot be reasoned with.
EFFE
(whispering painfully)
You were passing me, Rammy? Why? What's wrong with you nowadays?
EYRAM
(nervous)
Sorry, Ef. Junior is asking for his father. I just wanted to tell Chris that.
Chris walks forward and stands looking deeply into the eyes of Eyram.
CHRIS
He's fine? You’re absolutely sure about that?
EYRAM
(nodding)
He's very fine. He can go home now. He wants to see you.
Without another word Chris moves on, but he does not go towards the ward.
He walks to the entrance.
Steve is speaking, and Effe is listening as she heads for the ward, and it takes her sometime before she sees that Chris is walking towards the entrance.
She whirls round, and even though Steve tries to catch her arm she side-steps him and races after Chris, and a look of terrible pain crosses Steve's face.
Effe sees Chris in the corridor, walking rapidly towards the lifts.
He is leaving.
And she knows by his gait, by the angle of his head, by the tautness of his body, that the reckless Chris is back ...the Chris she hates, the Chris that does not listen, the Chris that reacts only to the wrath within him.
When she calls his name it is with a heavy heart of doom, because she has a deep inkling that everything good that had happened to them in the past few weeks is rapidly spiralling out of control.
EFFE
Chris! Chris, wait!
He stops, and turns. She runs to him, and stops in front of him.
His face is dark and taut, and even though he is looking at her she knows he does not really see her because at that particular moment love is not his prime focus.
Tears come to her eyes, and then as it spills down her cheeks she reaches out with her right hand and lays it on his hard broad chest.
EFFE
(heartbreakingly)
Ever since I fell in love with you, Chris, it has always been like this. At the point where we just have a chance to be happy, you stop listening to your heart, and you only let that temper control you. We have been denied happiness for so long, Chris, because you can't control that fire in your belly. At this moment, my love, I want to tell you that I'm willing to sit down with you. I'm willing to listen to you. I know I never did that before. I know deep down in your soul there's a wound there that never healed, and that is what caused you to do all those horrible things. I was young, and I also thought of a whole lot of things, and I listened to a whole lot of people. I'm a woman now, and I've come to realize that I love you, and I'll always love you. I've come to realize that I need to help you get that pain in you out. This moment is going to define our love, Chris-Love. When you walk out that door, you're going to start all the bad karma that destroyed us. This moment I need you, you son needs you. We can turn around and go for our son. You don't need to go out there, Chris, I'm begging you. Breathe, my love, please! Breathe!
She finally looks into his eyes, and she sees the little-boy Chris in there for a moment, crying out for love, desperately needing the raging inside his soul to end, but then he raises his hands to touch her, to hold her, and he sees the dried blood of his son still in his palm, and in a second the rampaging Chris is back, and Effe's heart quails, because she knows she has just lost him.
CHRIS
(wrathfully)
Bastard hurt my boy. I'm gonna put him down.
Effe punches him in the chest with her closed fist, and even though it hurt her knuckles more than it did him, she continues to punch him as her tears of desperation fall.
EFFE
(weeping)
You promised your son, Chris! You promised him you won't fight!
CHRIS
(softly)
That was before that bastard hit my son. Nobody hits my son, Ef. Nobody!
EFFE
Damn you, Chris! Have you forgotten Junior's dream? He saw you lying on the canvas dead! Is that what you want, to step in there and die? If I don't matter to you think of what that can do to your son, and stop that fire and come with me right now. Chris, please, oh Chris... please!
He turns away from her, his wrath roiling and out of control now.
CHRIS
You go in there and take care of my son. That bastard can’t kill me. I'm gonna beat the crap outta him!
Effe cannot speak, and she cannot move because her tears are choking her, and the pain in her heart is considerable.
She watches lamely as he enters the elevator, and the door closes.
JAILBIRD continues

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/category/the-JAILBIRD

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Oyinprince(m): 8:04am On Mar 01, 2018

® 18+ SNVL
© Aaron Ansah-Agyeman

Effe looks up and sees the strange white-haired man who had been with Chris at the restaurant, and who had carried Junior to her car and come to the hospital with them.
He has been leaning against the wall watching them with sad eyes.
Effe walks up to him, and she looks very traumatized indeed.
EFFE
I never caught your name, Sir.
He smiles kindly at her and put gentle hands on her shoulders.
DARLETT
(kindly)
That's because in the heat of the moment I didn't introduce myself. My name is Darlett Thompson. I was in Grand Castle Prison for twenty years before Chris came in there. I served twenty-five years. Chris is my friend. We became very good friends. I was released a week ago, and I came to see him.
EFFE
(numbly)
If you're his friend, please, go after him, and promise me you'll keep him out of trouble. His son needs him alive and around, not locked up in a coffin or prison.
Darlett gives her a brief hug.
DARLETT
And I can see you need him more. His Effe. He never stopped talking about you. You didn't visit him in prison. It killed his soul.
Effe bursts into tears then, holding unto Darlett tightly as she cries.
EFFE
I did him wrong. I behaved childishly. Oh, how I regret that act more than anything now! Oh, Chris, Chris, Chris!
DARLETT
That's okay now. I'm happy you two have found each other again. Go on, take care of my grandson for me. I'll bring Chris back to you, I promise. And I never break a promise.
When Chris steps out of the main entrance of the hospital he is not surprised to see the great number of journalists who have assembled.
From radio, newspaper and television, they flash their cameras and thrust microphones in his face.
Rapid machine-gun questions are fired at him.
He does not hear them, and barely sees them.
He pauses and speaks softly.
CHRIS
I'm going to fight Mike Crankson. In a week. Tell him.
He pushes his way through, refusing to answer the barrage of questions fired at him.
He is sweating. He can't think straight. He just wants to be alone... with Mike Crankson.
He is trembling as he walks, and still they follow him with cameras and microphones and questions and noise, noise, NOISE...
He is losing it. He wants to hit somebody!
Just then a car screeches to a stop beside him.
It is a Nissan Pathfinder.
The driver's door opens, and a well-built man in dark shades gets out.
He is Wailer Vroom, Director of THE IRON GOJU CLAN.
He has trained Mike Crankson, and Mike had left him for Afful's FINE GOJU DOJO, a company originally founded by Chris.
Wailer Vroom, who had lost most of his fighters as a result of Crankson's defection, had challenged Crankson, and lost.
Wailer Vroom and Chris Bawa had been rivals in the past because they belonged to opposing companies.
They had both been fighters, and Chris had defeated Wailer Vroom in a Grandmaster tournament that had gone the full ten-round distance.
The cameras go into overdrive as Wailer rounds the car and stands facing Chris.
WAILER
You going to take him out?
CHRIS
He doesn't deserve to be there.
Wailer nods once, and then he slowly removes his shades.
WAILER
We were enemies.
CHRIS
Opponents. Never enemies.
Again, Wailer nods.
WAILER
You'll need a registered Goju Company to promote you. Without a Goju Company's backing-
CHRIS
I know the rules, Wailer. I drafted the first set. Will you let me fight on the IRON GOJU ticket?
Wailer turns away from him.
WAILER
Get in the car, Chris. You need to train.
Questions are asked, but neither of the men speaks as Chris gets in Wailer's car, and it speeds off.
EDEN HOSPITAL - WARD 7
When Effe enters the ward, everybody steps aside.
Junior is sitting up on the bed, a bandage around his head, and on his face is the saddest expression Effe has ever seen on his face.
She walks to him and takes him in her arms and hugs him gently.
Junior hugs her back, and then she feels moisture on her shoulders and quickly pulls back from him, and sees that he is weeping silently.
EFFE
Hey, hey, my love, what is it?
Junior wipes his tears unsuccessfully.
JUNIOR
Where's Daddy?
Effe sighs, and pulls him into her arms again.
EFFE
He'll be with you soon, my dear.
JUNIOR
I don't really really really want him to fight that awful man, Mommy.Daddy will die! I saw it in my dream! Daddy mustn't fight!!
Effe tries to smile and keep her tears away.
EFFE
Then you tell him, my Prince. Come, let's get out of here. Let's find him, and you tell him.
CAPSULE CLINIC - MALE WARD
Bobo Black is lying on the bed, heavily bandaged through his ribs and upper abdomen.
His face is badly swollen. He is lying perfectly still because the slightest movement sends shafts of pain through him from the fractured ribs even though he has been heavily medicated to dull the pain.
In the Ward are Afful, Steve, Nana Bosomtwum and a surly-looking Mike Crankson, who has pulled his hoodie over his head.
Afful is speaking on the phone.
On the television screen are images of Chris Bawa and Wailer Vroom entering a car, and the huge caption underneath screams:
GOJUFIST: CLASH OF THE TITANS, EPIC WAR LOOMS: BAWA VS CRANKBOSS
Afful cuts the call and glances at the television with distaste. He looks at Crankson angrily.
AFFUL
(digusted)
You had to go and do it, don't you? You hurt the little boy? Are you crazy, Micky? Now Chris has the whole gaddemn country on his side, urging him on to destroy you! Is that what you want?
CRANKSON
(petulantly)
Bug off, man! Just gave the boy a tiny shove. Didn't know he was gonna crack his skull! I ain't afraid of Bawa. I'm gonna break him up!
BOBO
(weakly)
Stop the nonsense talk, kid. That guy will eat you for spaghetti. See what he did to me?
BOSOMTWUM
(holding up his hands)
Look, cut out the blame crap. We're all in real shit right now. We need to make a statement. Chris now has a promoter. He has come out. Everybody knows we've been making a lot of noise, so we're supposed to be the first to issue a statement. So, what's it going to be?
AFFUL
We accept the Chris fight.
BOBO
(stunned, coughing)
What? Are you crazy, Jon? That Chris boy is having orgasms over Mike's blood, man. You know he's going to kill the boy if he steps into the ring with him. Shit, I didn't see him move, and the power of that punch! Jesus, if he catches Mike in the head with that kind of blow Mike will die!
STEVE
He's right, Jon. We all know Chris. I think we forgot how good he really is. It seems prison life has even made him better. We can't accept this fight. We have to make a statement, you know. We apologize publicly for what happened to Chris' son. We offer to pay compensation and not press charges against Chris for the assault on Bobo. We go on to say, under the circumstances, Chris' acceptance of the fight is based on a personal vendetta of vengeance, and according to the rules of GojuFist any fighter will be banned for having any other motive except pride, sportsmanship and mutual legal aggression. That's all.
Afful holds his arms across his chest.
AFFUL
Hold your guns, guys. I told you I've got this under wraps. You all know that anything else apart from accepting the fight, on Chris' terms, will forever stick to our champion as being a coward. Here's what we're going to do. We're going to accept the fight and fix it next weekend just like Chris wants.
They all begin to speak at once, disagreeing, and Bobo even winces with pain, but Afful calmly holds up his hands again, and eventually silences them.
AFFUL
You assholes didn't let me finish. Yes, we'll accept the match and hype it up. Now Darlett is out of prison, and he's with Chris. He's the grey-haired guy we saw at the hospital, Steve, remember?
Steve nods, suddenly interested, his eyes greedy.
STEVE
Yes, I remember.
AFFUL
Good. Here's the catch. We'll accept the fight, hype it up, sell tickets and television rights. Then on the Thursday before the fight Darlett will launch the operation on Chris, and Chris will be disgraced, back in prison or, hopefully, dead. Then there will be no fight, we refund monies back and, bingo, Mike will become a hero because people will once again see Chris as a rotten criminal!
They're all grinning now.
CRANKSON
I think I love the sound of that. Whew! Yes, bring it on.
STEVE
(sombrely)
I hope your plan works, Jon. Because if it fails, your world will come crushing down around your feet.
Afful puts a hand across Steve's shoulders.
AFFUL
Believe me, old boy, I want that bastard gone more than you. This plan is fool proof, the only flaw being that Chris might end up in jail instead of being killed.
STEVE
Who gives a dog's fart whether he dies or goes to prison? We just want him out of society!
They all begin to laugh, and Crankson laughs the loudest.
CRANKSON
Yeah, who gives a dog's fart? Who gives a nun's dry stinking cunt? Who gives the Pope's useless dick? Gone is gone!
The men laugh uproariously.
They are obviously very relieved.

JAILBIRD continues

Read more here- www.youngicee.com/category/the-jailbird

2 Likes

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by skubido(m): 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update.

1 Like

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by Deunic(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2018
Wow, i love this so much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller by madfunds: 11:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
what a fascinating story...it was.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's New Hair Style: Like Or Dislike? / Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 319
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.