Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? (6307 Views)

Waist Of A Lady Is The Cynosure To Guys But Some Ladies Are In Pains With It / Strictly For The Guys But Ladies U May Comment. / Why Do Girls Get Angry About "Virginity" - My Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by donstan18: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

bro thanks, all the best wishes to you and your family too

can you imagine what this man wrote....kai! our sistas are suffering.

Mission completed

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by oloyede252(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
Blackhawk03:
I don't know where some nairaland dudes get the rubbish to feed on but I'm sure they're getting full satisfaction. A man is weak when he opens up to his partner? Don't be surprised, these are guys that would run to mama at the slightest change of things. Abi a woman opens up to a guy that has been friendzoned only? you don't say! shocked

MrBrownJay1, may Christmas blessings be upon you and your household. kiss kiss

All these lil boys that know close to nothing be forming boss on top woman matter on nairaland... Hahahaha grin cheesy grin

lol.. you seem more concerned about nairaland dudes than the topic itself. quite funny
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by MissWrite(f): 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2017
Lol, that was neatly handled. Thoughts between a boy and a man. Ubunja age is on your side, you'll grow out of this. You cannot reduce life to an unending series of hypocrisies, simply because you've noticed some hypocritical concepts in our culture. We should be striving towards honesty with one another and not more lies wherever we can help it. cool
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by theGigolo: 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
MissWrite:
Lol, that was neatly handled. Thoughts between a boy and a man. Ubunja age is on your side, you'll grow out of this. You cannot reduce life to an unending series of hypocrisies, simply because you've noticed some hypocritical concepts in our culture. Nature is honest and we should be striving towards honesty with one another and not more lies wherever we can help it. cool

In as much as I wouldn't like to pick a side in the drama that just played out, I couldn't help but notice that both have valid points to their argument. Mrbrownjay talks with a matured understanding of what works for him but that is not the rule, that is the exception. Over to my ubunja our society today is rather very corrupt in all ramifications and it takes a certain level of self discovery to see through the hypocrisy of the modern society. Two people could be born of same mother but they definitely will not see the world the same way cos as our personality is different so is our various ways of thinking. Ma'am try to see through this arguments from these two right thinking men without being judgemental.

But after all is done and settled the truth is the question remains, since you are a lady please do throw in some enlightenment on the topic @hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by ubunja(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
MissWrite:
Lol, that was neatly handled. Thoughts between a boy and a man. Ubunja age is on your side, you'll grow out of this. You cannot reduce life to an unending series of hypocrisies, simply because you've noticed some hypocritical concepts in our culture. Nature is honest and we should be striving towards honesty with one another and not more lies wherever we can help it. cool
that was not even the point. you say "we should strive towards honesty".and my point was that its all up to society. its nice and good to want honesty.but is society willing to play along?we dont live in a vaccum. when men open up how does society view it? weakness or strength? thats why i gave him the example that tears on a woman mean something different from tears on a man.so dont call it hypocrisy when men dont show tears. its about how society will take it.men wont do something that will embarass them.first make it OK for men to cry.then men will cry.make it OK for men to open up.then men will open up.
i just got tired of that guy's degrading statements.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
theGigolo:

In as much as I wouldn't like to pick a side in the drama that just played out, I couldn't help but notice that both have valid points to their argument. Mrbrownjay talks with a matured understanding of what works for him but that is not the rule, that is the exception. Over to my ubunja our society today is rather very corrupt in all ramifications and it takes a certain level of self discovery to see through the hypocrisy of the modern society. Two people could be born of same mother but they definitely will not see the world the same way cos as our personality is different so is our various ways of thinking. Ma'am try to see through this arguments from these two right thinking men without being judgemental.

But after all is done and settled the truth is the question remains, since you are a lady please do throw in some enlightenment on the topic @hand.

Both have valid points,and depending on the individual a guy/lady meets, the points both parties made are clearly valid. Nonetheless, i think MrBrownJay is much a realist on the subject, but Ubunja's first statement is pure fact. When men become too open, it's percevied as weakness, but then, a guy has to connect with a woman emotionally and then she'll feel safe and then will open up. Both guys are right, but then ego contest... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by MissWrite(f): 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2017
ubunja:

that was not even the point. you say "we should strive towards honesty".and my point was that its all up to society. its nice and good to want honesty.but is society willing to play along?we dont live in a vaccum. when men open up how does society view it? weakness or strength? thats why i gave him the example that tears on a woman mean something different from tears on a man.so dont call it hypocrisy when men dont show tears. its about how society will take it.men wont do something that will embarass them.first make it OK for men to cry.then men will cry.make it OK for men to open up.then men will open up.

Lol, his comments did not seem degrading to me, but if you felt slighted by them I won't discount that. I don't believe that was the intention though. You both seemed to wear each other out with your doggedness.

I understand your point about society - that a person must present himself in a certain way to gain society's approval. That a person must fit within the boundaries of society's expectations. And I understand his point - that a person must pay attention to his gut feeling to have any chance at personal fulfilment. We all want to be happy. A man's noblest pursuit is whatever is at the end of his path towards self-actualization. And when we get it, whose credit are we looking for? Does your validation come from within or without? Would a medal from society make up for your unfulfilled desires? Would you compromise your personal integrity for culture or society, knowing that society is simply a group of people whose collective view point has not been updated. We, as individuals, can respond to change more quickly than we as a group. And respond to change we must, so we cannot let society slow us down.

Have you ever read The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)? Please do if you haven't. I believe someone like you (who already appears to be collecting thoughts to develop his creed) could really benefit from the philosophy. It demonstrates the virtue of human selfishness in keeping integrity. Individualism over collectivism. It isn't a perfect philosophy, but it is good to come through it.

In any case, BrownJay's point about this seemed to be: Don't make yourself a slave to society. If you are in a relationship with a girl, do what feels right for you. If you feel weak be weak, if you feel strong be strong. Give honest expression to what you're feeling. Fvck society! No one is living your life but you.

But in the first instance, he implied that opening up to someone else is difficult on a personal level for anyone (man or woman) if the conducive atmosphere was lacking. And since both genders should relate to this, the question @topic should simply be answered from a personal perspective.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by MissWrite(f): 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
theGigolo:

I think it is easier to understand things when they are as closely related to you as possible: Do you take everyone into your confidence equally? Or do you find that you can share your secrets with some people and not with others? What is responsible for this? Discuss.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by ubunja(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
MissWrite:

Lol, his comments did not seem degrading to me, but if you felt slighted by them I won't discount that. I don't believe that was the intention though. You both seemed to wear each other out with your doggedness.

I understand your point about society - that a person must present himself in a certain way to gain society's approval. That a person must fit within the boundaries of society's expectations. And I understand his point - that a person must pay attention to his gut feeling to have any chance at personal fulfilment. We all want to be happy. A man's noblest pursuit is whatever is at the end of his path towards self-actualization. And when we get it, whose credit are we looking for? Does your validation come from within or without? Would a medal from society make up for your unfulfilled desires? Would you compromise your personal integrity for culture or society, knowing that society is simply a group of people whose collective view point has not been updated. We, as individuals, can respond to change more quickly than we as a group. And respond to change we must, so we cannot let society slow us down.

Have you ever read The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)? Please do if you haven't. I believe someone like you (who already appears to be collecting thoughts to develop his creed) could really benefit from the philosophy. It demonstrates the virtue of human selfishness in keeping integrity. Individualism over collectivism. It isn't a perfect philosophy, but it is good to come through it.

In any case, BrownJay's point about this seemed to be: Don't make yourself a slave to society. If you are in a relationship with a girl, do what feels right for you. If you feel weak be weak, if you feel strong be strong. Give honest expression to what you're feeling. Fvck society! No one is living your life but you.

But in the first instance, he implied that opening up to someone else was difficult on a personal level for anyone (man or woman) if the conducive atmosphere was lacking. And since both genders should relate to this, the question @topic should simply be answered from a personal perspective.

OK u are missing my point.
as i told u its ok for one to have good intentions.but ultimately society dictacts how we live.
look;a man can sleep around and he's called a stud. if a woman does it she is a slut. now how did Feminism solve this problem of perceptions?by telling women the above message u told me? NO. millions of women marched on Slut Walks around the World. why? coz no matter how much as a person u believe u can change perceptions u have to do it from without not within. and Feminism gained its objective.society is being made to accept women love sex like men.no biggie. do u get it?
ok another example:
a woman gets harrased sexually at work.she has made herself strong inside but that doesnt stop men viewing women like sex objects in the work place.does it? solution? force Society to change perceptions.how?: the #MeeToo movement. and Society gets the message and men are beginning to respect women .
women learnt early that all the inner belief systems were worth zero,that real change is accomplished by forcing society to accept new paradigms.men need to learn that lesson.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by 2sexycom(m): 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

listen to the hypocrisy in what you are saying....so its ok for you to NOT open up to YOUR woman that you supposedly love, so that you could please society?!?!?!?!?!?! no wonder women dont open up to men like you.... love is a two way street, and when women meet men like you they can NEVER be comfortable because you will always remain a STRANGER.

so keep trying to satisfy society...
no mind the guy. I just lost interest in the thread on seeing this. #walksout
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by ABBkelvin(m): 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
ubunja:

Bro, I did warned you about rendering your opinion on this forum(most nairaland guys can't understand what message you're trying to pass across). Most men can't or won't be able to evolve their mind and thought process to see through the world as it is, the programming is already embedded in their DNA. Only the strong survive and mind you women will never ever support you when they perceive you as going against your beta bux programming. You need to enjoy the moment while it last and lay down a good foundation for your male kids if you decide to have kids on how to be alpha. Those who want to be emancipated will definitely find their way through and swallow the pill. You can't force a man to be what he doesn't want to be no matter how good or clear the offer is for him. Women are not having it better either way, they destroy and loath each other too (crab bucket rule apply), women are highly insecure of themselves that's why the want validation and acceptance from other women(not men) and why they will forever stick to social rule because they don't want to be the society outcast. In every woman mind the only important person to her is another woman or group of women around her. They don't and can't care about the men because men only serve two purpose to them, to deposit sperm and provide for the kids. Definitely no gender is winning at the end of the day.

To answer the OP question, I think it's a sign of disrespect for your potential girlfriend to tell you about her emotional and sexcapade tales. One of my exes did same thing 5 years ago,I broke up with her within 10 days without giving her any reason for breaking up. She came back to explained how she wished I failed her test of being her emotional tampoon. She said in her own words "I remain the best thing that has happened to her till that very moment". So it's all a game that you should never fail. NEVER EVER BE AN EMOTIONAL TAMPOON FOR A GIRL.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
See stories everywhere
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 24, 2017
ubunja:

as i told u its ok for one to have good intentions.but ultimately society dictacts how we live.
look;a man can sleep around and he's called a stud. if a woman does it she is a slut. now how did Feminism solve this problem of perceptions?by telling women the above message u told me? NO. millions of women marched on Slut Walks around the World. why? coz no matter how much as a person u believe u can change perceptions u have to do it from without not within. and Feminism gained its objective.society is being made to accept women love sex like men.no biggie. do u get it?
ok another example:
a woman gets harrased sexually at work.she has made herself strong inside but that doesnt stop men viewing women like sex objects in the work place.does it? solution? force Society to change perceptions.how?: the #MeeToo movement. and Society gets the message and men are beginning to respect women .
women learnt early that all the inner belief systems were worth zero,that real change is accomplished by forcing society to accept new paradigms.men need to learn that lesson.

I like to lend support and add my voice to what ABBKelvin said, while you should continue lending your voice to those that choose to listen, try to avoid unecessary wars and fight just the unavoidable ones, in the end, lies may travel far, but the truth is revealeddown the line. Everything you spoke on this threadis spot on accurate, and i've carefully followed your posts, if many guys would listen to your views and practice them, they would be happier. But don't forget i warned you many Nigerians can't handle truth, ncethey have truth dished, they coy and act sly, i'm sureyou can relate. In the end, do not stopsaying the truth, to him that can accept fine, to him that chooses not to listen, they'll become a tale bearer of false news.

More strength to you bra

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by MissWrite(f): 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
ubunja:

ok another example:

You said that I missed the point but then you went about addressing the very point you claimed I missed. What exactly is the issue? Because if we're staying on the topic in swing....

We have established that a person has the option of either conforming to society and supressing his individual integrity, or expressing his own desires and dealing with society's disapproval. To clarify 'within' as used before, means the individual; 'without' means the society. From the options available to him, a person must decide where his gratification comes from: from himself, or from society. Not everyone has the self-esteem to damn the validation of society. But some do. They will not be slaves to society.

Now, to your examples. If a woman has a very high sex drive, she may choose to pursue her desires and express her nature, or she could supress her desires because society disapproves of a high sex drive in women. If she is built of sturdy stuff, and her self-validation is more important to her than society's approval, then she will please herself and wear the scarlet letter gladly. Because someone like that would rather die than compromise themselves for the sake of society. It would bring them no fulfilment to censor themselves. But if she does not possess the mettle to exist in adversity, she would let her integrity crumble in the face of social pressure and succumb to an applied version of herself. Same with the object of sexual harassment: if her self-esteem is fragile, she would seek validation from others and that's just a precarious situation for any human being!

To follow your digression:The ONLY way to change society is from within. How do you even propose to change it from without? That would mean changing the collective mind set with one wave of a wand. That is absolutely impossible. Society is a collection of individuals. The only way to change its collective mind set is to change the mind sets of the individuals who constitute the lot. It is a gradual process: One person affects another like domino pieces until enough people have a contradictory mind-set to warrant a general debate. You think feminists have not adopted this already? It has taken several strong individuals to put themselves at odds with society to get people to pay attention. Women have taken off their clothes in public and willingly taken the shame to shock the world into alternatives. They didn't even do it for personal gratification, but instead as a sacrifice to a cause they believed in. Bottom-line: It all starts within.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Keketu(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2017
ubunja:

you see what u just did?
the brideprice hypocrisy u dodged by making it personal to you.since your own parents dont believe in it its not hypocrisy.so if i get to love for 20yrs with Aids then "aids doesnt kill"hooray. if i survive a gunshot then "guns dont kill" hooray.
the diplomatic immunity u hypocrisy u dodged by saying dont commit crimes abroad.yet dont explain why its accepted.
and since u cant explain why your father gets to give u your surname u have to say even your neigbhour can give u his surname.and u then talk about "rubbish".
and u say rape is rape.but we all know thats not true.
i could go on.but i see you only see what u want to see.u seem to think we are all equal.which is a dreamy way of viewing the world.men and women are different and society will never look at u the same way.
here is a little excercise for you:
go stand on the highway and look at 2 people trying to get a lift from strangers.a man and a woman. see who gets a ride faster.
or have 2 people carry a baby gal in the middle of the city at night.one a man and the other a woman. see who the police will stop to question and even arrest.
it can be called hypocrisy.
woman wrapper!
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by ubunja(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
MissWrite:

How do you even propose to change it from without? That would mean changing the collective mind set with one wave of a wand. That is absolutely impossible.

overnight in america it became cool and accepted to be gay when Obama made it happen. anything can be made accepted if those in leadership positions want it acceptable.the magic wand exists.the LGBT movement is less than 5% of the population.no amount of dominos falling on another could bring about such a turn-around.at such a record time.
can we do that for men too?and make it OK for them to be open without being called weak? coz your domino effect will take ages and ages and ages.remember even Feminism didnt go the domino route but was heavily funded and pushed by billionaires like Rockefella and countless special-interest organisations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by NettyNelly(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
in sam smith voice

“i'm neva gonna get too close to u,
even if i mean the most to u
cause every time i open up it hurts,
i'm neva gonna let u close to me,
even though u mean the most to me
incase u gonna leave me in the dirt”
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by NettyNelly(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
in sam smith's voice

“i'm neva gonna get too close to u,
even if i mean the most to u
cause every time i open up it hurts,
i'm neva gonna let u close to me,
even though u mean the most to me
incase u gonna leave me in the dirt”
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by MissWrite(f): 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
ubunja:

overnight in america it became cool and accepted to be gay when Obama made it happen. anything can be made accepted if those in leadership positions want it acceptable.the magic wand exists.the LGBT movement is less than 5% of the population.no amount of dominos falling on another could bring about such a turn-around.at such a record time.
can we do that for men too?and make it OK for them to be open without being called weak? coz your domino effect will take ages and ages and ages.remember even Feminism didnt go the domino route but was heavily funded and pushed by billionaires like Rockefella and countless special-interest organisations.

Are you being serious right now? Do you think Obama wakes up one morning thinking, out of the blue: How cool would it be to have homosexual marriages. I think I'll pass some laws to that effect? It is very unkind of you to neglect the advocacy of millions of individuals who've marched the streets requesting that change. There have been several debates on the issue before it was passed into law. As is the standard requirement. If Obama had woken up one morning to approve gay marriage when this wasn't an issue that had people at the centre, what would be the pre-conceived relevance? And how would such a top-down approach not encounter resistance from the many whose view-points have not been unified, aligned or prepared for this? Every change to society's perception begins with one individual even if the concept has gripped their brains only milliseconds before the next. I know you're smart enough to see that, but too stubborn to admit it. In any case, my point has been made.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by ubunja(m): 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
MissWrite:

Are you being serious right now? Do you think Obama wakes up one morning thinking, out of the blue: How cool would it be to have homosexual marriages. I think I'll pass some laws to that effect? It is very unkind of you to neglect the advocacy of millions of individuals who've marched the streets requesting that change. There have been several debates on the issue before it was passed into law. As is the standard requirement. If Obama had woken up one morning to approve gay marriage when this wasn't an issue that had people at the centre, what would be the relevance? Every change to society's perception begins with one individual even if the concept has gripped their brains only milliseconds before the next. I know you're smart enough to see that, but too stubborn to admit it. In any case, my point has been made.

which is what im saying isnt it? that it takes a person who can effect that change to make it.e.g a Leader.any other person would spend an eternity believing in his heart homosexuality is the right thing but achieve a fat zero with that inner belief(and gays never marched in the numbers u mention.coz they were extremely unpopular to begin with)
the gay change came from without and many people are now coming out in support coz its now accepted.no amount of inner belief in their rightness was gona help them until Obama.
all issues need that kind of support.coz right now men are unpopular.and noone cares.its all women this women that.and people have a herd mentality.just follow the leader.and debates about male issues are being shut down everywhere: youtube,twitter etc.any talk of uplifting men gets u called a Sexist.coz why are u ignoring women.individual men cant win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
MissWrite, Ubunja, is this a clash of superiority of any sort?
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by MissWrite(f): 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
ubunja:

which is what im saying isnt it? that it takes a person who can effect that change to make it.e.g a Leader.any other person would spend an eternity believing in his heart homosexuality is the right thing but achieve a fat zero with that inner belief(and gays never marched in the numbers u mention.coz they were extremely unpopular to begin with)
the gay change came from without and many people are now coming out in support coz its now accepted.no amount of inner belief in their rightness was gona help them until Obama.
all issues need that kind of support.coz right now men are unpopular.and noone cares.its all women this women that.and people have a herd mentality.just follow the leader.and debates about male issues are being shut down everywhere: youtube,twitter etc.any talk of uplifting men gets u called a Sexist.coz why are u ignoring women.individual men cant win.

Oh my God! Who do you think you're talking to, and what time do you think this is? Things can be confirmed in an instant these days. It's not enough to just say things, they actually have to be factual to give you any credit. You say homosexuals did not march in the numbers I claimed? What, millions? Homosexuals have been marching for gay rights in numbers since 1970 in memory of the killings at the stone wall inn in 1969. That's 47 years of people marching for a cause in the States alone! In 2006 the parade consisted of 2.5 million participants. So when I say millions, it is not an exaggeration in the slightest.

If you don't understand the process of change, where it starts, the commitment that individuals must make to spread their ideologies, to find and communion with like minds, all in an effort to grow in numbers so that they can be felt as a force by the larger society, then there's really nothing I can say to you about inside out change. I don't know what rudiments are necessary in a person's mind to grasp this concept. But your mind set might explain why Nigerians believe that the masses have no power to effect change and the only hope they have is to pray for a benevolent leader to have the power to read their minds and pass the laws that would improve the quality of their lives.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
Spits.....Mtsheeeeeeeew !

Intelligence is a curse...Rubbish !

Ignorance is bliss !
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by MissWrite(f): 4:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
Jupxter:
MissWrite, Ubunja, is this a clash of superiority of any sort?

Superiority? No. Nobody is infinitely superior - it's a seesaw. We debate issues, win some arguments and lose some arguments. Hopefully, with grace. The atrocity is if someone chooses to defile his own intellect to evade obvious facts. What's the point of that? The truth will stand and your inability grasp it does not flatter you in any way.
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
MissWrite:

Superiority? No. Nobody is infinitely superior - it's a seesaw. We debate issues, win some arguments and lose some arguments. Hopefully, with grace. The atrocity is if someone chooses to defile his own intellect to evade obvious facts. What's the point of that? The truth will stand and your inability grasp it does not flatter you in any way.

inability grasp? Smh.

I'm moody today abeg !
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by ubunja(m): 4:42pm On Dec 24, 2017
MissWrite:

Oh my God! Who do you think you're talking to, and what time do you think this is? Things can be confirmed in an instant these days. It's not enough to just say things, they actually have to be factual to give you any credit. You say homosexuals did not march in the numbers I claimed? What, millions? Homosexuals have been marching for gay rights in numbers since 1970 in memory of the killings at the stone wall inn in 1969. That's 47 years of people marching for a cause in the States alone! In 2006 the parade consisted of 2.5 million participants. So when I say millions, it is not an exaggeration in the slightest.

If you don't understand the process of change, where it starts, the commitment that individuals must make to spread their ideologies, to find and communion with like minds, all in an effort to grow in numbers so that they can be felt as a force by the larger society, then there's really nothing I can say to you about inside out change. I don't know what rudiments are necessary in a person's mind to grasp this concept. But your mind set might explain why Nigerians believe that the masses have no power to effect change and the only hope they have is to pray for a benevolent leader to have the power to read their minds and pass the laws that would improve the quality of their lives.

and google was your friend.thats Y u took so long.still all the marches from the 70s amounted to zero coz the ultimate decision to legalize gay unions wasnt got by vote but by less than 10 men,with 1 man having the power to sign it into law or not.the same person rumoured to be gay himself. so much for person to person influences.
just like i have been saying that the change needs to come from without u are now in agreement with me. its the masses that convience society to change. not a lone person believing in herself/himself in his heart that he is able. it takes a change to come from without to make society change.
hence from the start i was saying Lets make it OK for men to show weakness.coz a man believing it in his heart as a lone ranger is never going to work.isnt that what i was saying?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by ABBkelvin(m): 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2017
No single man can make decision for the society, it's either you conform or get thrown out of the social circle. You can't have it your way against the society, but you can manipulate the society to work in your favor. E.g the creation of social media turns some people into a billionaire by manipulating society into thinking everybody needs to connect to one another, that's example of winning against the society by creating things for them (social manipulation to create wealth). That was why mark and other IT genius made it big. It's either you manipulate the social system, conform to it or live without the society norm and pay the price. @ misswrite , ubunja
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by MissWrite(f): 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
ubunja:

and google was your friend.thats Y u took so long.still all the marches from the 70s amounted to zero coz the ultimate decision to legalize gay unions wasnt got by vote but by less than 10 men,with 1 man having the power to sign it into law or not.the same person rumoured to be gay himself. so much for person to person influences.
just like i have been saying that the change needs to come from without u are now in agreement with me. its the masses that convience society to change. not a lone person believing in herself/himself in his heart that he is able. it takes a change to come from without to make society change.
hence from the start i was saying Lets make it OK for men to show weakness.coz a man believing it in his heart as a lone ranger is never going to work.isnt that what i was saying?

Oh, first it was millions did not march; now it is they marched, but marched for nothing and impacted nothing. Ubunja, this is seriously beneath me. It's clear that your arguments are lacking in quality since you cannot even be bothered with doing a little research before making some bogus claim. So what are you basing them on if not facts? Sentiments? Let's just stop wasting time like this. Not everybody has the capacity or the desire to understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
I've always maintained that intelligence is one of the greatest problems of mankind. Look at such display on this thread, too much intelligence dey worry una...I need writers abeg, if una need work, apply...

Baseless arguement...ego contest
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by ubunja(m): 5:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
MissWrite:

Oh, first it was millions did not march; now it is they marched, but marched for nothing and impacted nothing. Ubunja, this is seriously beneath me. It's clear that your arguments are lacking in quality since you cannot even be bothered with doing a little research before making some bogus claim. So what are you basing them on if not facts? Sentiments? Let's just stop wasting time like this. Not everybody has the capacity or the desire to understand.

whats the point of debating if u will have Google open?coz information is just that, information.it can be taken out of context.and websites each can present information its own way to achieve its own agenda. how about u look around u and see that one man believing he can change the world cant do anything unless he has political or economical power.even at church one man stands up and preaches to hundreds. he doesnt sit on a bench and seek to convert people one by one. mass communication is key to make any meaningful change in society. the only person whose inner belief means anything is the person who can sign that inner belief into law. if u dont have power to change the law your next bet is working to change society from without. mass marches and hashtags.
this "believe it in your heart" thing didnt even work in Jesus's times.he came to preach to thousands at a time.coz the change that can make society listen up is only achieved by mass action, not some solo person telling himself he is worth it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2017
Damn, how much i despise intelligence, it carries too much weight..I'll pass, i tihnk ignorance is okay for me.... grin
Re: Why Do Girls Open Up To Some Guys But Not Others? by Geofavor(m): 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

you see it as some competition, while i am simply pointing out to the arrant nonsense you wrote above. you cant expect me to sit here and not call the deluded garbage you wrote other than what it is... here is a clue: next time you want to have a discussion, come with valid SANE point to the table, instead of thinking this is some online competition
Whether you like it or not, those words were derogatory. How do you refer to someone's write-ups as 'deluded garbage' and think it polite? You could pass your point across without being offensive.

BTW, although I do not agree with everything the Op pointed out, there is some sense in what he said.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

♦️Join This NYSC Batch 'B' Group For Updates (whatsapp & Telegram)♦️ / LET’S TALK!! Does Female Soldiers Moan During S*x? (have You Knack One Before?) / Husband Caught His Wife Having Sex With A Homeless Man In Her Car(photos, 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.