Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri (30528 Views)

Chris Okotie: Social Distancing In Church Is Like Blasphemous Infidelity / Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by bobolizim(m): 11:30am On Dec 24, 2017
@rino... I do not think there's anything bad on those. Proclaiming the message of Christ is the uttermost. Christ asked us to go into the world and preach the gospel. How many ofchrost's commands have you abided that you're here critisizing something that's not wrong in its self.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by sunnyanet(m): 11:30am On Dec 24, 2017
Jesus is the reason for the season, this is a season of love and giving, my own take.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by yanjutomi(m): 11:30am On Dec 24, 2017
Reno his right it is a pagan dey to worship there God but converted to Christmas cos in Europe if u ar a Christian many years back u will still celebrate d pagans festival. therefore it was converted to Xmas so as to continue it in another form

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by realmindz: 11:30am On Dec 24, 2017
who cares....

it's X-mas, you can equate the "X" to whatever you desire ChristMAS, HolidaMAS, SangoXmas, paganMAS

Religion all itself is a scam, so what, just enjoy the holidays, have fun, do something memorable.

Merry Xmas everyone!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by SmartMugu: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2017
How do one respond to this one now if you don't even read the bible?
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by manutdadex(m): 11:31am On Dec 24, 2017
If Reno believes in Jesus Christ and his ministry, his death, birth and works of salvation and miracles... If a God/Man can bring so much meaning to my life, if i use a day to celebrate him is that too much Who cares if December 25th is a pagan holiday.. But for me i'm celebrating the birth of d man that brings meaning to my life and salvation free of charge. Reno if d birth of Jesus is not worth celebrating aw will u knw d importance of His death. Jesus Is Lord.
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Lebee4(m): 11:31am On Dec 24, 2017
I wonder how celebration of Christmas affects Reno. I don't think anybody is forced into celebrating Christmas by the white or Roman Emperor.
Reno please keep your opinion to yourself and family.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by PETUK(m): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2017
Jesus was born a Jew and died a Jew Christianity is rooted in pagan Christmas is a pagan celebration so is Sunday.........
Make your research before you insult that man

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by mudia3012: 11:33am On Dec 24, 2017
some will still say the man is lying with so much evidence and facts

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by CaptainPlanet(m): 11:34am On Dec 24, 2017
Reno was making sense until he changed his hairstyle

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Quality20(m): 11:35am On Dec 24, 2017
I'm waiting to c ipob guys deny Reno and call him servant of d north.
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by miraclejoy: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2017
The term Christmass is not pagan, its Christ+mass(eucharistic celebration Luke 22:14-20). The ancient Romans worship sun god(believing that its light the world) and observe a festival for the sun god on 25th December, since the conversion of Emperor Constantine the early Roman converts with clear revelation from scripture that Christ is the light of the world (John 12 :8 ) . The date for Christ birth was not recorded in bible, but 25th December was chosen.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by bnovative(m): 11:39am On Dec 24, 2017
Reno should also stop going to church on Sunday, because Sunday isn't Sabbath!
Nobody says Christ was born on 25th December; rather it's the date to commemorate the birth of Christ.
Even if Reno feels it's idolatery; we can use it to preach Christ. This is the crux of the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Raymondfayowole(m): 11:39am On Dec 24, 2017
What most of u all fail to understand is dat u dont worship God based on your own convinent..if u celebrate Christmas just because it is a combination of christ name, hav u ever wondered or researched on it if it is scriptural. The bible made it clear to us concerning the celebration of his death, that we are to celebrate his death evry first day of the week. Acts 20:7, I cor 11:23-26. we are to celebrate his death in remembrance of him every first day of the week.

The bible is silent concerning the date of his birth, anything the bible is silent on, we are to run away from it. Deut 29:29.

If Christ wanted us to celebrate his birth, when and how to celebrate it would be clearly stated in the bible cause the bible is the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by thunderbabs: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2017
So, all the fowls currently in bondage are about to be saved by this agitation....goodluck.

I already made fish stew for xmas anyway, I eat chicken anytime I want to...so, no need prioritizing one chicken as a xmas fowl....Long Live the Chickens
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Ndubuisi1075: 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
RedArrow:
Why do you want to know the exact day Christ was given birth to?

If we adopt a day generally acceptable to majority of Christians on Earth to celebrate him, how does that translate to paganism?

If you chose any other to celebrate him, many/few would still have reservations about it.

Christ was given birth to more than 2000 years ago and you are so particular about the exact day and month, do you even know the exact date your ground father was given birth to not to talk of your great ground father and beyond.

Christ is the Reason for the Season, if he hasn't asked us to celebrate it it has he told us not to?
Must it be on the same date? Don't you observe something fishy?
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by tete7000(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
When will all these people stop all these nonsense rants about Christmas? No one forces anyone to celebrate Christmas. If it is a pagan feast to you, it's all your choice not to celebrate, leave those who see it more than that to celebrate. It is a height of delusion for one obscure man somewhere to think his view about Christmas changes anything about how the world choose to celebrate it. A celebration that predates his great grand father. If he is a pastor, he can save all his message for his followers. Many of us don't care. Christmas for us is a time to commemorate the birth of the Christ, the saviour of the world. It is what we chose to believe and what we celebrate. And we celebrate with much funfare...Merry Christmas to all. May the joy,love, peace and happiness of this season be all ours.
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by kazzy4u(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
Tell them.. mak them no the Koko
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by dunkem21(m): 11:43am On Dec 24, 2017
DaBillionnaire:

so this what you do on Nairaland, eh?

btw, Every individual should know that Christmas is baseless, not my opinion, but the truth.

Sometimes we do this to enlighten others cheesy
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by manutdadex(m): 11:44am On Dec 24, 2017
Can u have his death without his birth? Christmas is a reminder of how much we mean to God.. Who cares abt d date.. If d birth of a Man's whose death changes lives is not worth celebrating.. Then i don't know what it is
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by 2016v2017: 11:45am On Dec 24, 2017
RedArrow:
Why do you want to know the exact day Christ was given birth to?

If we adopt a day generally acceptable to majority of Christians on Earth to celebrate him, how does that translate to paganism?

If you chose any other to celebrate him, many/few would still have reservations about it.

Christ was given birth to more than 2000 years ago and you are so particular about the exact day and month, do you even know the exact date your ground father was given birth to not to talk of your great ground father and beyond.

Christ is the Reason for the Season, if he hasn't asked us to celebrate it it has he told us not to?
baseless argument
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Juliusdking(m): 11:45am On Dec 24, 2017
Guy u too mumu
plessis:
Christians should continue deceiving themselves.

You're telling me that, after the white man raped our ancestors and took over 15 million Africans across the Atlantic for slavery, they repented and gave you a book that can give you eternal life when he wouldn't even freely give you visa to his country?....

Wake up black man...
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by olasco18(m): 11:47am On Dec 24, 2017
confused set of people......kontinue..me dnt care..ur pastors knws d truth bt they av brain wash u guyz...using u to make money....gud for them atleast they ar leaving a better life tru that
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Befii: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2017
This man is the biggest attention seeker in Africa ryt now.

From politics to Christmas debate, so dramatic.

He must be the greedy type using this irrational reasons to escape the culture of buying rice and other Xmas goodies for friends and family members as a wealthy man after embezzling our money.

Father Reno, no matter you say, you must spend parts of your loot tomorrow, simple.
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 24, 2017
Mister Reno, I see that your are quite ignorant of what Christmas is all about. We celebrate it because of what it symbolizes to us and not just the date itself. It symbolizes the coming of God into earth as a man, born of a woman. This is a gift the earth is unworthy of, as such we celebrate by welcoming the gift and sharing him with others in word and deed. What is satanic about that? As for the day being once a day for pagan worship, this is no excuse because everyday belongs to God and no day can be ascribed to Satan. Instead of worshiping Satan, we now worship God on that same day. This is a good thing because it means that Light has taking over what is rightfully his in the first place. PLEASE STOP MAKING A PUBLIC DISPLAY OF YOUR SHALLOW KNOWLEDGE BY INSULTING WHAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. GOD CAN BE WORSHIPED ANY DAY, NO SPECIAL DAYS NOW. HE IS GOD ALWAYS AND SHOULD BE HONORED ALWAYS.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 24, 2017
Actually Christmas is a fusion of pagan festivals esp the mistletoe and Christmas tree.
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by wyqay: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2017
say the truth and it shall set you free
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by victorazyvictor(m): 11:51am On Dec 24, 2017
That's what it means to him grin
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by victorazyvictor(m): 11:53am On Dec 24, 2017
sasalite:
Mister Reno, I see that your are quite ignorant of what Christmas is all about. We celebrate it because of what it symbolizes to us and not just the date itself. It symbolizes the coming of God into earth as a man, born of a woman. This is a gift the earth is unworthy of, as such we celebrate by welcoming the gift and sharing him with others in word and deed. What is satanic about that? As for the day being once a day for pagan worship, this is no excuse because everyday belongs to God and no day can be ascribed to Satan. Instead of worshiping Satan, we now worship God on that same day. This is a good thing because it means that Light has taking over what is rightfully his in the first place. PLEASE STOP MAKING A PUBLIC DISPLAY OF YOUR SHALLOW KNOWLEDGE BY INSULTING WHAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND. GOD CAN BE WORSHIPED ANY DAY, NO SPECIAL DAYS NOW. HE IS GOD ALWAYS AND SHOULD BE HONORED ALWAYS.

May u live long.
I bet u not all Christians here on NL know this and u will see them writing provoking things.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 24, 2017
I wonder when I see supposed elders fool themselves on social media this way.
According to the Bible, angels came on earth to celebrate the birth of Jesus. They celebrated and sang glory to God in the highest and peace and goodwill towards men. The birth of Jesus was celebrated in heaven and on earth as it marks the beginning of deliverance of mankind. So it's a pretty big deal.
You don't want to celebrate? Fine
Others are celebrating? Fine. Let them be

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by iyamchee(m): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2017
People in other parts of the world know this already.....
Ask somebody who doesn't live in Africa.....
They'll tell you Christmas is all About love and family....
Re: Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri by mikelbewise(m): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2017
The same way Arab brought Islam to Africa through slavery.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Xenophobia : TB Joshua Weeps In Church As He Composes Song For Africa / Catholics Stage The Crucifixion Of Jesus At Ojo Alaba, Lagos (Photos) / Pastor Taiwo Odebiyi Sets Lady On Fire During Special Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.