Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164763 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leomichael: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
Leomichael:
hello. I have been reading the threads and it has been quite enlightening.

I will need help on this. I am going to the US early August for a one week conference. I have a LOI that recommends i can go for a B1 visa.
However, My wife and baby will be going for childbirth sometime in October. I will of course travel with them. My questions

1. Can i get a B1 visa now for the conference and apply again sometime in August for B1/B2 visa and B2 visa for my wife towards the childbirth?
2. Is it possible for me to combine the visa for this business trip and that for the childbirth trip? How will the VO view it considering that my wife will not be travelling with me for the conference?
3. if my wife and 2 year old boy are the only applicants, can i be allowed to meet the VO with them assuming I am not an applicant?

Appreciate your kind responses.

Please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
Leomichael:
hello. I have been reading the threads and it has been quite enlightening.

I will need help on this. I am going to the US early August for a one week conference. I have a LOI that recommends i can go for a B1 visa.
However, My wife and baby will be going for childbirth sometime in October. I will of course travel with them. My questions

1. Can i get a B1 visa now for the conference and apply again sometime in August for B1/B2 visa and B2 visa for my wife towards the childbirth?
2. Is it possible for me to combine the visa for this business trip and that for the childbirth trip? How will the VO view it considering that my wife will not be travelling with me for the conference?
3. if my wife and 2 year old boy are the only applicants, can i be allowed to meet the VO with them assuming I am not an applicant?

Appreciate your kind responses.

If your interview is successful, you will be issued a B1/B2 visa for the conference (ensure you use it for the purpose for which it was granted). This will enable you go for the conference and also go for the second trip. Meanwhile, you will not be allowed to meet the VO with them if you are not an applicant, hardly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2018
My wife's interview was today.
Transcript:

VO: Good morning
W: GM
VO: Your passport, please
VO: Why are you going to the US?
W: To have my baby?
VO: Where are you going to in the US?
W: Houston Texas
VO: Why Houston Texas?
W: *confused* wasn't sure if he meant why the US or why Texas and not any other states in the US.
W: it was based on a friend’s recommendation.
VO: looked up, (like, not convinced)
W: reads body language then says: for dual citizenship purposes and access to better medical health care.
VO: Where do you work?
W: I work at….as a....I’m in charge of….
VO: How many years have you been working?
W: 3 years
VO: Where does your husband work?
W: He is a …. He works at ....
VO: Have you traveled before?
W: No
VO: Has your husband traveled before?
W: Yes
VO: Can I see his passport?
W: Passes my passport to VO. I also have an intro letter from his coy, would you like to see it?
VO: Yes, please.
W: tosses it
VO: I would like to see bank statement, correspondence, and budget sheet?
W: passes all three documents to him.
VO: Which hospital?
W: Houston Medi…VO interjects and completes it.
W: yes
VO: Where will you be staying?
W: Precious cedar mother care.
VO: Do they have a mother care package?
W: Yes. Passes a printout of the package.
VO: Where is precious cedar?
W: Richmond
VO: Are you married?
VO: When?
W: xxxx. I have the marriage certificate here, would you like to see it?
VO: Yes, please
VO: passes a white paper and says pick up visa after three days.

Advice from my wife:
Be organized. Make sure all your documents are well arranged and you can easily reach them.
VO looked at the bank statement and focused on where there were bulk transfers but he didn’t pick it because he noticed those transfers were from my company. So, avoid bulk transfers.
And lastly, take the initiative, read body language and ask to show them documents that you think can help you.

Thanks everyone

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leomichael: 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
OmoBendel24:

If your interview is successful, you will be issued a B1/B2 visa for the conference (ensure you use it for the purpose for which it was granted). This will enable you go for the conference and also go for the second trip. Meanwhile, you will not be allowed to meet the VO with them if you are not an applicant, hardly.

Thanks a lot OmoBendel24 for that guidance,
With a valid b1/b2 visa, can I make a fresh application so I can secure access with my family to the VO.
Or can I have my wife and boy apply now with me. How do we word the story for the VO?

Thanks again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Latifahed: 11:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hi, please when are the next available interview dates? Planning to apply for a B2 visa but still sceptical that i may be already too late for that since my EDD is in July.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Latifahed: 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2018
Hi, please when are the next available interview dates? Planning to apply for a B2 visa but still sceptical that i may be already too late for that since my EDD is in July.

Hello house,

Can one get an expedited appointment for childbirth since the next available date for visa appointment is almost after my wife's delivery. Has anyone been granted this for childbirth? If so, what process can I follow for this? I'll appreciate urgent response on this. Thanks. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gazu007: 12:00am On Apr 28, 2018
please can anyone help urgently with the info on visa on arrival as I tried to apply on line but it says their mail box is full.

please I need help in leaving on the 1st of May.

thx guys

the email I used was oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CanadianCherie: 3:50am On Apr 28, 2018
Good day people...been a while here. My LO finally arrived on the 21st through Dr Esebede...will share my Journey so far to help others pretty soon.

I need an advice from my fellow nairalanders please. Hubby is presently around but will be returning in a few days and the SSN hasn’t come yet. Is there a way I can get him to notarize here in Dallas for Lo’s passport before he leaves?

Kindly advice on how we should go about this please. His travel date cannot be changed cos we left other Los back home . Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 5:14am On Apr 28, 2018
Leomichael:

Thanks a lot OmoBendel24 for that guidance,
With a valid b1/b2 visa, can I make a fresh application so I can secure access with my family to the VO.
Or can I have my wife and boy apply now with me. How do we word the story for the VO?

Thanks again.

No need for you to make a fresh application when it's time for your wife and kid to apply Your wife and kid can apply alone when the time comes,it's not a must that you should be with them when they appear before the vo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 5:19am On Apr 28, 2018
CanadianCherie:
Good day people...been a while here. My LO finally arrived on the 21st through Dr Esebede...will share my Journey so far to help others pretty soon.

I need an advice from my fellow nairalanders please. Hubby is presently around but will be returning in a few days and the SSN hasn’t come yet. Is there a way I can get him to notarize here in Dallas for Lo’s passport before he leaves?

Kindly advice on how we should go about this please. His travel date cannot be changed cos we left other Los back home . Thank you

Just Google nearest notary public and get him to go there and notariize the doc,no big deal

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 7:23am On Apr 28, 2018
Thanks, but you quoted date of birth on the form?please send me the links if you do have.

Silver2010:
I think you may be able to notarize if it's a scheduled C.section and you already have a fixed date. I booked the appointment online before my baby was born cos I already had a date. And besides they don't ask for birth certificate at notarization.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gazu007: 9:18am On Apr 28, 2018
gazu007:
please can anyone help urgently with the info on visa on arrival as I tried to apply on line but it says their mail box is full.

please I need help in leaving on the 1st of May.

thx guys

the email I used was oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 9:42am On Apr 28, 2018
Congratulations. Your Wife took charge of the interview
Cretaceous:
My wife's interview was today.
Transcript:

VO: Good morning
W: GM
VO: Your passport, please
VO: Why are you going to the US?
W: To have my baby?
VO: Where are you going to in the US?
W: Houston Texas
VO: Why Houston Texas?
W: *confused* wasn't sure if he meant why the US or why Texas and not any other states in the US.
W: it was based on a friend’s recommendation.
VO: looked up, (like, not convinced)
W: reads body language then says: for dual citizenship purposes and access to better medical health care.
VO: Where do you work?
W: I work at….as a....I’m in charge of….
VO: How many years have you been working?
W: 3 years
VO: Where does your husband work?
W: He is a …. He works at ....
VO: Have you traveled before?
W: No
VO: Has your husband traveled before?
VO: Can I see his passport?
W: Passes my passport to VO. I also have an intro letter from his coy, would you like to see it?
VO: Yes, please.
W: tosses it
VO: I would like to see bank statement, correspondence, and budget sheet?
W: passes all three documents to him.
VO: Which hospital?
W: Houston Medi…VO interjects and completes it.
W: yes
VO: Where will you be staying?
W: Precious cedar mother care.
VO: Do they have a mother care package?
W: Yes. Passes a printout of the package.
VO: Where is precious cedar?
W: Richmond
VO: Are you married?
VO: When?
W: xxxx. I have the marriage certificate here, would you like to see it?
VO: Yes, please
VO: passes a white paper and says pick up visa after three days.

Advice from my wife:
Be organized. Make sure all your documents are well arranged and you can easily reach them.
VO looked at the bank statement and focused on where there were bulk transfers but he didn’t pick it because he noticed those transfers were from my company. So, avoid bulk transfers.
And lastly, take the initiative, read body language and ask to show them documents that you think can help you.

Thanks everyone

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:25am On Apr 28, 2018
I don't follow this thread so sorry if the question is stupid

Is there a link that list hospitals and the cost to give birth or any information about cost in Houston
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogemele(m): 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
CanadianCherie:

FYI Ssn would arrive exactly 10days after delivery. So yours should come by 1st of May.
I also think you can apply for passpory without it and input zeros in d space for it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Petdaughter: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
freshdad:
In fact, this issue has blown so big I just wonder why we are who we are. The report says they (Canadian immigration) receive close to 250 person(mostly Nigerians) a day at the Quebec border and fear it would rise to 400 in the summer.

Nigerians are coming up with all sorts of stories to seek asylum in Canada and the land in New York and the next thing is they are at the border.

This now perhaps explains the refusals lately.

Na wa oo. Now I see why Twoods always sees us Nigerians as fraudulent people

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graceinme: 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
Katete:
Good day all, I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread, your wonderful tips and points are highly appreciated. I went for my Visa interview on Wednesday and I was given a visa, the V.O did not even check any of my documents, he just approved �. Will type a transcript later

Please kindly post ur transcript so we can learn. My interview is in 2weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temyb: 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
My candid advice,just go for an interview instead of drop box. I did and it was ok
debrixxy:
A beautiful morning to you all. Wow! It's been ages since I made any comment. I need to ask a very important question, please help me out.
I gave birth 4years ago in Texas, through the help of wonderful people in this great group, but since then I've not gone back to the U.S. My son's Passport is expiring next year, what do I do? When is the best time to go and renew his Passport? Is there any other thing I need to do? Will not going there all these years affect my son or me? Plus my Visa got expired, how do i renew through Dropbox without going for an interview?(N/B: I'm still eligible for dropbox)
Your answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance �
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
Aibisoye0:
Hello house, please help

You must have the date of birth as indicated in the form. Its best to choose a date around your EDD.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
Leomichael:

Please help

1. Apply for a B1/B2.
2. You can use same visa for both trips. No need mentioning you want to combine anything at the interview.
3. You cant go with them. They will be fine without you.
Best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 9:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
adycatus:
Please a friend of mine got married to a man that lives in the US, the guy abandonded her and child since the past 6years now. Pls she wants to find out if there's a way someone can go to American Embassy here in Nigeria and lay complains?

Lay what complaints?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 9:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
Petdaughter:

Na wa oo. Now I see why Twoods always sees us Nigerians as fraudulent people

We are a fraudulent and selfish people by nature... we simply cover it with faux religion.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonia: 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
Good day All,
I have read through so many threads and have gotten almost all the clarifications I need.Am a FTM and want to have my baby in Texas or Houston .Presently am in search of an affordable apartment for a period of 3 months .Please any suggestions ?

Also while filling my DS form,i was asked if i belong to a Clan/Tribe.I dont really understand what they mean by that but i sha said No.Please what does it mean?

Lastly,i noticed on hubby's DS Form he was asked about his previous, present work experience and his educational background but while filling mine,i wasnt asked about my past work experience and Educational background.Although Hubby is the one sponsoring the trip.Please what could be the reason for this?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 11:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
Fill No for the tribe or clan question, doesnt really mean anything to us Nigerians.

YES the form for a man is different for a woman, hence the questions on his form that isnt in yours.

All the Best!

Nonia:
Good day All,
I have read through so many threads and have gotten almost all the clarifications I need.Am a FTM and want to have my baby in Texas or Houston .Presently am in search of an affordable apartment for a period of 3 months .Please any suggestions ?

Also while filling my DS form,i was asked if i belong to a Clan/Tribe.I dont really understand what they mean by that but i sha said No.Please what does it mean?

Lastly,i noticed on hubby's DS Form he was asked about his previous, present work experience and his educational background but while filling mine,i wasnt asked about my past work experience and Educational background.Although Hubby is the one sponsoring the trip.Please what could be the reason for this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yettyj: 7:04am On Apr 29, 2018
Good day everyone, please does anyone know the new oakbend hospital fee for Vigina delivery? Secondly, some people told me that Houston POE is very tough, meanwhile I had already booked my flight.another person even said I should change my flight and go through somewhere else regardless of how much it will cost me, please those who have gone through Houston POE please share your experience, thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonia: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2018
ozymes:
Congratulations. Your Wife took charge of the interview

good morning,
please i need more information on Cretaceous about the hospital in Houston and your rented apartment .I want to know the cost implication for Vaginal and Cs.Please i urgently need this information.

thank You
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonia: 11:11am On Apr 29, 2018
Chimzy09:
Please could you send to me as well? All my efforts to get through to Shelly has been in vain

Good morning ,
Please i also need the information on HNWMC and affordable accommodation close to the hospital.
kindly send to nnonyeoobi@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 11:30am On Apr 29, 2018
Yettyj:
Good day everyone, please does anyone know the new oakbend hospital fee for Vigina delivery? Secondly, some people told me that Houston POE is very tough, meanwhile I had already booked my flight.another person even said I should change my flight and go through somewhere else regardless of how much it will cost me, please those who have gone through Houston POE please share your experience, thanks

Before end of the 36th week, it's 5450 after the 36th week 6950 USD. It's on their website, look it up.

If you can change your Poe then go ahead but I know it's not as bad as you have stated. Just be prepared and pray for a smooth entry.

Go to the search bar and type Houston Poe , then narrow the search to travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
Nonia:

good morning,
please i need more information on Cretaceous about the hospital in Houston and your rented apartment .I want to know the cost implication for Vaginal and Cs.Please i urgently need this information.

thank You
is this question directed to me or ozymes? if it's me, kindly paraphrase your question. I'm not sure I get it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonia: 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
Cretaceous:

is this question directed to me or ozymes? if it's me, kindly paraphrase your question. I'm not sure I get it

Dear Cretaceous ,
Please forgive my inability to send directly to you .The question is actually meant for you.From your post,i noticed you used a hospital in Houston and stayed in a rented Apartment .
Presently am processing my Visa and yet to pick an interview date.i have got some cost estimates for vaginal and CS for a hospital in California but i prefer to use Houston.

Can you pls assist with the cost estimates for the hospital and accommodation and if possible necessary contacts (email address or phone numbers)?This is to enable me conclude on scheduling my Appointment

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.