Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163179 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anizi(f): 1:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
eanita1@yahoo.com

barbeej:

Hi, Anzi.
I am interested. How do i contact you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
ETC can be used if you lose your passport while abroad too.
ICANOFFICE:
I had thought she can travel with the ETC without the US passport, except am wrong..... My line of reasoning is that baby can travel with either US passport or Nigeria Passport. The ETC is in lieu of the Nigeria Passport. US passport can be processed in Nigeria once she arrives

Kindly educate me on this.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ICANOFFICE: 1:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
My DW is in Ney Jersey. The nearest Passport Agency is New York.

she can't travel with the baby without a US passport. ETC is to enable the child enter Nigeria just like the Nigerian passport.
US passport can be obtained same day if she walks into the passport office with her flight ticket after booking an appointment via phone. Also, you can process the US passport without SSN
What city is your wife?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Modele35: 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
Maggiespecial:
Please help, is it advisable to buy baby things abroad or get all of dem here in Nigeria before leaving? Please dnt mind me, I am a ftm n a novice as well. Thank you

Biko, dont waste ur money. just buy here abeg, but buy clothes that will last for a while like up to one year. u can buy diapers and other consumables here. u can buy milk and aveeno (or your preferred body wash there just a few bottles. ) biko do una shopping here o. dollar is nt smailing

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Modele35: 1:44pm On Jan 09, 2018
ICANOFFICE:

she can't travel with the baby without a US passport. ETC is to enable the child enter Nigeria just like the Nigerian passport.
US passport can be obtained same day if she walks into the passport office with her flight ticket after booking an appointment via phone. Also, you can process the US passport without SSN
What city is your wife?

From what i have been reading, u cant process passport without ssn again o. seems like a recent thing. when i had my baby in July in Illinois i had to post a declaration saying we hadnt received ssn. Looks like they have stepped up the game now again sef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ICANOFFICE: 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2018
She is in New Jersey...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ICANOFFICE: 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
Called the New York agency. I was told a needed to do a declaration that we have not received the SSN. but could only get appointment on Friday

From what i have been reading, u cant process passport without ssn again o. seems like a recent thing. when i had my baby in July in Illinois i had to post a declaration saying we hadnt received ssn. Looks like they have stepped up the game now again sef[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chibabe4Christ: 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
PLS HOUSE HELP ME OUT!!!!!!
I TRIED TO OPEN THE DS 160 FORM TO START MY APPLICATION AND ALL EFFORT TO OPEN IT PROVE ABORTIVE O.
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD TELL ME THE PROCESS ON HOW TO OPEN IT.
I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES AND ITS NOT DOWNLOADING AND I KEPT SEEING REDIRECTING.
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME OUT.
AM APPLYING FOR MEDICAL INVESTIGATION FOR GYNEA CASES, BELIEVING GOD FOR FRUITFULNESS AND WANTS TO APPLY FOR FUTHER MEDICAL INVESTIGATIONS, WHATS THE RIGHT FORM TO USE FOR MY APPLICATION
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dior09: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
Dear @justwise, I will like to know why my post was deleted when I was only try to help someone out. Did I violate any rule? Please tell me about it.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogekad: 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
oluwafunkenny:
Hi, please is this applicable in Dallas alone or Texas/US. If in all states, can you send the site for booking embassy appointment for notarization.

Thanks

Hello,

Another Mum in Atlanta Georgia said she got the same notification to get her hubby sign the notary at the US embassy in Nigeria so I think it’s across board. It’s the same DS3053 form that’ll be notarized at the US embassy in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
Thank you.[quote author=chikos post=64034997][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogekad: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
[quote author=ICANOFFICE post=64035877]Called the New York agency. I was told a needed to do a declaration that we have not received the SSN. but could only get appointment on Friday

Hi ICANOFFICE, when I applied for my daughter’s passport on the 2nd Jan., they asked me to hold her SSN. It wasn’t necessary. You can travel to Nigeria with either the US or the Nigerian passport but I’m not sure you’ll be issued an ETC. I stand corrected o. Process for either passport will take time so your darling wife might have to be patient. Congratulations on the birth of your baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sexymj(f): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
You wont get the US passport same day but next day.

i gave birth in Newjersey as well.

ICANOFFICE:

What city is your wife?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sexymj(f): 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
Please who has closed a wellsfargo acct after leaving the US?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hi house of good people,

I have heard all your advice and i must say that you all have done so with clear mind and love to see others succeed.

I will surely get back to give my testimony as it will help others navigate properly in a similar situation.

Please house, i need a sample of cost estimate. My mail adress is andragomez101@gmail.com, kindly assist as it will help me draft mine.

Before i forget, my husband is greatful to all of you and sent his regards.

Viola.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2018
Chibabe4Christ:
PLS HOUSE HELP ME OUT!!!!!!
I TRIED TO OPEN THE DS 160 FORM TO START MY APPLICATION AND ALL EFFORT TO OPEN IT PROVE ABORTIVE O.
I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES AND ITS NOT DOWNLOADING AND I KEPT SEEING REDIRECTING.
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME OUT.
WHATS THE RIGHT FORM TO USE FOR MY APPLICATION

Reason for Travel: to see a gynae = medical. Non immigrant visa category B2

Relevant form is DS160
https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Instructions for completing it are here:
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.asp

Try other browsers...maybe IE or Chrome or Safari
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2018
anizi:
Any Texas Oakbend bound mama's willing to share accomodation from 1st week in March to May? 3 bdr, each room has private bathroom, please let's hook up.

Dear Anizi

I have sent you a mail. Kindly respond.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kheart05: 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hello,

Please does anyone have a contact at Grady Hospital, Atlanta? Also any cost indication in the last year or 2?

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
Maggiespecial:
Please help, is it advisable to buy baby things abroad or get all of dem here in Nigeria before leaving? Please dnt mind me, I am a ftm n a novice as well. Thank you

There are good stores here you can buy from. If you have lots of money to spend then you can buy in d states. just put into consideration the exchange rate.
I am also a FTM and i read in the last thread where a mum only budgeted for medical and didnt bother with shopping because exchange rate at the time was over 400+ to 1 usd .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 8:50pm On Jan 09, 2018
In my opinion, buy baby clothes and shoes here, up to 1 year, carters, and co are cheaper to buy here than Lagos. Besides you are sure of the quality of what u re buying. Same goes, with some basic baby needs, diaper bag, bottles etc. But i dont advise u buy consumables like diapers, wipes, baby food etc here, its more expensive and nt really worth it.

beautyuche:

There are good stores here you can buy from. If you have lots of money to spend then you can buy in d states. just put into consideration the exchange rate.
I am also a FTM and i read in the last thread where a mum only budgeted for medical and didnt bother with shopping because exchange rate at the time was over 400+ to 1 usd .

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by obaalasepe: 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2018
anonymousmum:

Viable in lay man terms means that the baby is alive in your belly.

Saying that the baby is not viable means that the baby is otherwise...you get me?

This may be the reason for your denial.

From the questions you are asking, you need to do a lot more research on general visa application processes, not just for birthing visa.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eby123: 10:03pm On Jan 09, 2018
3x in less than two months Pls clarify on this one. Cos DH and i applied in August 2017 and november 2017 for vacation and were denied. That was before i started thinking of having my LO in the US.
I'm 20weeks pregnant now and waiting to apply again late january. I just want to get all the details needed for a birth visa before applying again. If one can apply 3x in less than 2 months then I've been wasting time.
Pls anyone with reliable info should pls elaborate on this. Would really appreciate ur kind hearted advice as i plan to apply first and ĎH later on to join me.

Chibabe4Christ:

Nothing to be sorry about, your story was very interesting and educating.
Honestly I never knew before now that its possible to apply 3x in less than two months and finally get a visa.
Am so happy for your wife, congratulations and wishing your wife safe trip and delivery.
I will also share my testimonies to the house soonest.

VO2 this should help your pay your bills when you get to the US...your visa has been granted....

DW thank you

This is just perseverance and Gods grace...Already bought her tickets....thanks all sorry for the long post

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
debby516:
In my opinion, buy baby clothes and shoes here, up to 1 year, carters, and co are cheaper to buy here than Lagos. Besides you are sure of the quality of what u re buying. Same goes, with some basic baby needs, diaper bag, bottles etc. But i dont advise u buy consumables like diapers, wipes, baby food etc here, its more expensive and nt really worth it.

Good. But then, how much is Enfamil and Similac in the US? Way cheaper than it is here in Nigeria oh.... Even most Gerber products too!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Senatornuella: 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2018
I gather it takes two days to get approval for VOA but I have not received approval for mine LOs for our trip for Saturday. What do I do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2018
For Enfamil and Similac folks nah. All my children take SMA Gold, bought last N6500 in lag. Just speaking for myself, somethings i would not buy in US.

I got Gerber cereal for my toddler today at Walmart, almost $3. Is it even her jar food i want to talk abt.

OmoBendel24:

Good. But then, how much is Enfamil and Similac in the US? Way cheaper than it is here in Nigeria oh.... Even most Gerber products too!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2018
7.99 usd for 8 bottles in a pack @ Wallmart supper centre
OmoBendel24:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladeonas: 5:19am On Jan 10, 2018
sexymj:
Please who has closed a wellsfargo acct after leaving the US?

i closed it the day i was leaving because they told me i had to leave at least $1,500. so i wont be charged
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Maggiespecial(f): 5:36am On Jan 10, 2018
beautyuche:

Thank you so much everyone for your quick response. I will try n get everything here b4 leaving. Moreso, please, should I get a fit to fly from my hospital or I should get it at the port health? I will be 36wks by the time I will be traveling. Because I am no more in my own state where I registered for ANC.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 6:37am On Jan 10, 2018
Maggiespecial:

Thank you so much everyone for your quick response. I will try n get everything here b4 leaving. Moreso, please, should I get a fit to fly from my hospital or I should get it at the port health? I will be 36wks by the time I will be traveling. Because I am no more in my own state where I registered for ANC.

It would have been nice if you got from your Dr however getting port state own can suffice. Not all air line ask for it anyway.

Dear all i got text from airfrance they are doing a 35% promo on premium economy class to usa europe and canada. Whoever wants this offer should take advantage of it.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jenyjay: 7:19am On Jan 10, 2018
Hello,

Please for those who had to go to the consulate for notarial signature; Did you go with the cash of 50usd or paid to the bank first?

Kindly respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.