Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,640 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1168415 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biskolo(f): 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ehimeomo:
Please o!! I want to ask if it's compulsory that both mother & infant travel on the said date stated on the VOA approval letter? Since it's stated in the letter that "this document expires 14 days from the date of issuance", & I intend taking my ticket further due to unforeseen circumstances? Do I send another application? Thanks in anticipation.
Its not compulsory but it must be within 14days from the date on the letter
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
nana101:
Hi all. How do I tell if I used a US address on my address on the birth certificate. Cos I cannot remember what I filled. Biko help

check the birth cert
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hello everyone,

does anyone know how long it takes to correct the permanent address on the child's birth certificate in Texas (Fort bend county precisely) and if it can be expedited?

What was the procedure for changing it?

I need to change it for my 2 children.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 9:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
KennyMKO:
Thank you boss. But I hope the next vo will be lenient. Then I want to ask another question. As her appointment is January 21 and he Edd is early march. Can she apply for expedited appointment against December with all doctors correspondence and bank statements. Or what do you think. And hope the vo wont raise eye on now applying for B2 because for my own view , she can't apply for B2 when she is just 2 to 3 months , and when we are using the visa for vacation . But the vo asked her if she wanna give birth to more babies in the us in the future which she answered yes to. Even the last trip she declared she wanna give birth at the poe. And when I was applying for b1b2 after my F1 expires. I told the vo that I want to help me wife that wanna give birth. What do you think or view. Thanks for your time

Good day bro. I will advise you have your old DS160 form with you when filling another form so that all info tallies. Since you mention your cousin in the first form ,you may still do same now and emphasize that she will stay with him till you join her for the delivery. Again you can add your BofA account balance with your Nigerian Bank(s) balance as part of your cash. Wherever it's coming from; yours or your wife's, add everything because you need to show this time that you are ready for any eventuality as per hospital bills since you had already mentioned that your wife's pregnancy is high risk. It means if all your proposed expenses is 18K in your budget sheet, ensure you have account balances of like 28K. I wish you all the very best in the next interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by demiiii(f): 4:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, am planning to go. On my 2nd missionary journey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by demiiii(f): 4:37am On Oct 01, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, am planning to go. On another missionary journey.

I need help based on the following.
I have been to the US with my 1st child who was born in Nigeria, we went on vacation after which I had my 1st missionary baby. I notified the embassy by mail with the change by letter of intent.
During the last travel for the missionary journey, I went alone but my husband later joined me and we came home together with the zero balance letters. My 1st child has not travelled since the vacation and I really wish she goes on this one to boost her visa opportunities.

The issue is i am ready for another missionary baby, our visa were renewed via dropbox in 2016 but we were unable to travel on vacation and I have not notified the embassy of the change since I renewed via Dropbox. I intend to to write them a mail at the embassy stating change of intent, but this is solely based on your advise. Now am ready to go on vacation but am also pregnant. This time, am travelling with my kids while my husband joins us later. I will not be due till early march 2019 but since am having multiples and I have read that they come way earlier than the singles.

My problem is I will be travelling late November with my two kids 5 and 3 while my husband joins me later.
I got a ticket for a one month period because I was confused as to how long the period on the ticket should be. There's no one to keep my kids with while I will be away as I did during the last missionary journey. I intend to extend the period on the ticket, depending on when my babies come. I will be staying with a family member for the period of the journey.

The reason for my early travel in late November 2018
1. I intend to enjoy my vacation before the baby comes while am still strong.

2. The fear of the unknown as to when the babies will arrive.

3. Visas expires in June 2019 and we are yet to use it.
The story of entering the USA with a minimum of 6 month period before the visa expiration date.

Am worried as to what the CBP officers may ask

1. If the date on the ticket is too long- 3 -4 months period - why the kids are taken away for that long out of school.
2. If its too short e.g like a month period till late December. I may be asked why the short period on the ticket, since I am also birthing during the period.

Am so confused. I have made up my mind to say vacation only but what if am given a one month visa like they did to a francophone lady. I need your candid advise.

Kindly advise me on the next step to take as I have read all through but, no one has this same case as mine.

Am not ready to take the risk. Hence, my reason for being here.

Thanks NAIRALANDERS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vgil100: 10:40am On Oct 01, 2018
Dear house
Pls which is a more 'relaxed' POE, Atlanta or EWR, Newjersey
Does anyone know?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2018
demiiii:

I have been to the US with my 1st child who was born in Nigeria, we went on vacation after which I had my 1st missionary baby. I notified the embassy by mail with the change by letter of intent.
During the last travel for the missionary journey, I went alone but my husband later joined me and we came home together with the zero balance letters. My 1st child has not travelled since the vacation and I really wish she goes on this one to boost her visa opportunities.

The issue is i am ready for another missionary baby, our visa were renewed via dropbox in 2016 but we were unable to travel on vacation and I have not notified the embassy of the change since I renewed via Dropbox. I intend to to write them a mail at the embassy stating change of intent, but this is solely based on your advise. Now am ready to go on vacation but am also pregnant. This time, am travelling with my kids while my husband joins us later. I will not be due till early march 2019 but since am having multiples and I have read that they come way earlier than the singles.

My problem is I will be travelling late November with my two kids 5 and 3 while my husband joins me later.
I got a ticket for a one month period because I was confused as to how long the period on the ticket should be. There's no one to keep my kids with while I will be away as I did during the last missionary journey. I intend to extend the period on the ticket, depending on when my babies come. I will be staying with a family member for the period of the journey.

The story of entering the USA with a minimum of 6 month period before the visa expiration date.

1. If the date on the ticket is too long- 3 -4 months period - why the kids are taken away for that long out of school.
2. If its too short e.g like a month period till late December. I may be asked why the short period on the ticket, since I am also birthing during the period.

Am so confused. I have made up my mind to say vacation only but what if am given a one month visa like they did to a francophone lady. I need your candid advise.

Kindly advise me on the next step to take as I have read all through but, no one has this same case as mine.

Thanks NAIRALANDERS

Pls say it as it is at CBP...if for childbirth say so...

previous advice on buying a short term ticket e.g. 1 month when you are likely to stay longer e.g. 3 months by @dere5 below from 2015.

Not sure about change of intent...

For CBP...be armed with burden of proof...previous receipts.....doctor's correspondence...cash or prepayment evidence etc.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
what if girlfriend does not want to marry him.
Well do not start what you can not finish because if it goes into the database to undo it they have to go get a divorce certificate
grin grin

adycatus:

They can also go to the registry and get a marriage certificate if he truly wants to marry girlfriend [b][/b]in case marriage certificate is asked for.
But am not sure it's not always asked for, she can still apply like a married woman and the guy will serve as a tie back here as well as her job or business. Get doctors/ hospital correspondences, bank statement and other relevant documents.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
thanks could you please put the link as i have been trying to find this document
Mamaroon:
@mummyethan, God bless you!

Thanks very much for this.

I am guilt like many of not reading but because I was trying to avoid their wahala at all costs, I always put my Naija address wherever possible on any form and only used US one when asked for mailing address.

I've heard of this birth certificate address thing being an issue for someone else earlier this year.....and visa was denied....VOs have a valid excuse reason to reject a mum who fills in a US address as her permanent address.......conclusion is that the person is potentially claiming residency for medicaid or other benefits. They will tell you that ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

I hope new mums will read and apply this knowledge and hopefully old ones can correct. Please also note this for the child's passport.

.....item 8 on the passport form DS11 asks for mailing address and then item 19 asks for permanent address.... which should be the Nigerian address.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 01, 2018
chibertha:

thanks could you please put the link as i have been trying to find this document

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/vs/field/docs/Birth-Registration-Handbook.pdf

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by demiiii(f): 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
Thanks.

I will just be as honest as can be.

On the previous post, its obviously because am not too sure of how long I will be staying. I ended up not staying as long. Imagine if I had bought a ticket for 3 months for the previous birth and I ended up staying on 5 weeks

Mamaroon:

Pls say it as it is at CBP...if for childbirth say so...say you are going on holiday at your peril...

I did some research....

previous advice on buying a short term ticket e.g. 1 month when you are likely to stay longer e.g. 3 months by @dere5 below from 2015.

Not sure about change of intent...

For CBP...be armed with burden of proof...previous receipts.....doctor's correspondence...cash or prepayment evidence etc.

All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
demiiii:
Thanks.

I will just be as honest as can be.

On the previous post, its obviously because am not too sure of how long I will be staying. I ended up not staying as long. Imagine if I had bought a ticket for 3 months for the previous birth and I ended up staying on 5 weeks

No wahala.....if you sincerely think 1 month ticket will not look suspicious...

Anyway....maybe the conversation of "how long are you staying" and "show me your ticket" won't come up at POE.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
[quote author=Phakabir06 post=71672170][/quote]

I think expedited appointment is usually given when the dates really show that she needs it. For instance if her EDD is December and her appointment is January. But if her EDD is still ahead of the appointment, I don't know. But you can still give it a try. As per applying for B2, I think it's better to apply for B1/B2 because it's usually conjoined. It's only at POE that they specify if it's B1 or B2 based on what you told them you came for. I wish you best of luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
demiiii:

Thanks NAIRALANDERS

I will advise you to be as honest as possible at POE. If the ticket you bought doesn't jive with how long you claim you want to stay, the officer might suspect foul play and you know what that means. So what I think you can do is to allow your kids to be done with their exam this term by early December. You still have 6 months before visa expiration (besides it's your International Passport that must have 6 months validity). When you are going, prepare your correspondences, budget sheet and your zero balance. Then buy a ticket that reflects March or after your EDD.Tell the CPB officer at POE that you came for vacation and childbirth and your EDD is March so that he can stamp you in to cover the period of childbirth. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mummyethan: 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2018
Nabie:

@jenny,where you able to get the visa on arrival and how did you go abt it
call them on this number 08119753844.

or someone can go to the airport in Nigeria with the hard copy application letter & the supporting documents.

Hello All,
One more addition for visa on arrival for abuja ,kindly pay for your visa on arrival online if you don't want to delay yourself looking for who will pay with his or her foreign card.
No more cash payment even if you cry blood they will not answer,they will tell you to drop the childs American passport till when you are ready.
Also get ready to pay 5k to the cafe girl at the airport to open an ID then print out to the immigration officer before payment of VOA.

Crazy country we are in. We travel out, pay with our naija dorm card, its accepted but our immigration pple refused our own card and accept foreign card as means of payment for visa on arrival all in the name of easy tracking of funds to boost the system because cash was not being remitted appropriately.
Be smart and pay online before arrival otherwise be ready to spend hours looking for foreign card upon arrival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lisaosato: 8:47am On Oct 02, 2018
Vgil100:
Dear house
Pls which is a more 'relaxed' POE, Atlanta or EWR, Newjersey
Does anyone know?

I've flown in EWR once, that was on my first visit to US but on a visitors visa and as a student, it was easy peasy like 2 mins and next I heard was welcome to the US. Atlanta couple of times and very easy as well. Flew in with my sister and her toddler 2 years ago for her 2nd birthing journey, all the CBP asked was "Why are you here" and she answered "to give birth" he said "I see you declared money and food" we said yes. He asked her "Will 6 months be okay to have your baby and leave the US?" She said yes and he stamped us in for 6 months.

Secondary inspection was just gisting. He called us separately to ask about the money, maybe to see if our stories will check out then told us to be careful walking around with such cash. He didn't count the money, didn't even ask to see it just kept gisting with me about hover boards and why I'm not ready to have my own baby. At agric the old white guy said our royco chicken cubes and indomie where not really allowed because of the chicken (I've never heard that one before) but he would let us go in with them because he suspects my sister must be craving, we all laughed and that was it.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by simbolee(f): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2018
I don't think you should worry much, I bought a one month ticket though in 2016, Told the CBP officer i was there for childbirth and would probably be there for 3months and he stamped me in for 6months. The most important thing is been truthful to the cbp officer they don't check your tickets anyway. On changing dates i paid $100 ( a business class ticket though) to change cos i ended up spending 4 months, Just make sure to change before the departure date on your ticket to a more probable date. Like I said earlier the truth at POE will set you free, i renewed this year without hassles.

demiiii:

Thanks NAIRALANDERS

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lisaosato: 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2018
Hello house,

I'm just wondering since my husband does not have a visa and can not take time off work to apply or travel, should I fill in my sister as travel companion? She has a valid visa and may show up shortly before I deliver. But now it's just about getting the B2 visa first.... is it advisable to put sister or just leave it blank. I read somewhere on this thread about a mama who was denied and asked why...the "VO said if there is an emergency who will help you?" Hope saying I will travel alone will not work against me. ��‍♀️ Also will saying I will travel with my sister when I have a husband affect me negatively?

Any new transcripts of interviews recently? Lagos or Abuja? Positive or negative? Please let us know people.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeewirld: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
Good day partners, I need your kind assistance with good and affordable hospitals in New Jersey for child birth.. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeewirld: 9:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
nana101:

St Mary hospital
. Thanks so much for your response. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayomiidele: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
Thanks so much for your advise. Medela actually has a 100v to 250v capacity so should work both in Nigeria and the US. My main problem is the steriliser and bottle warmer now. I haven't found one which has a 240v rating. They are all 110v in US. Mommas in the house, any suggestions before I resort to buying from the UK and sending to Nigeria.

Pinkstrawberry:

You can buy any breastpump really. for e.g the medela what you do is go on Amazon and just order a UK plug for it. That's how I got to use mine in Nigeria without having to use any step-down with it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayomiidele: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
You can send me a private message for this information, I don't think it is allowed to share such on this page.

Ameera2018:
Hi Ayomiidele, please can you share details of the accommodation n cost....I am Houston bound early next year and also using HNWMC

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by tea81: 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2018
Good day House help

I need ur kind assistant with a good and affordable hospital in Dallas for child birth.

Thank You.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by demiiii(f): 5:12am On Oct 03, 2018
Thanks.

KennyMKO:

I will advise you to be as honest as possible at POE. If the ticket you bought doesn't jive with how long you claim you want to stay, the officer might suspect foul play and you know what that means. So what I think you can do is to allow your kids to be done with their exam this term by early December. You still have 6 months before visa expiration (besides it's your International Passport that must have 6 months validity). When you are going, prepare your correspondences, budget sheet and your zero balance. Then buy a ticket that reflects March or after your EDD.Tell the CPB officer at POE that you came for vacation and childbirth and your EDD is March so that he can stamp you in to cover the period of childbirth. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by demiiii(f): 5:13am On Oct 03, 2018
I will probably just worry less. Thanks, thus lightened me

simbolee:
I don't think you should worry much, I bought a one month ticket though in 2016, Told the CBP officer i was there for childbirth and would probably be there for 3months and he stamped me in for 6months. The most important thing is been truthful to the cbp officer they don't check your tickets anyway. On changing dates i paid $100 ( a business class ticket though) to change cos i ended up spending 4 months, Just make sure to change before the departure date on your ticket to a more probable date. Like I said earlier the truth at POE will set you free, i renewed this year without hassles.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by demiiii(f): 5:15am On Oct 03, 2018
Not at all. I appreciate you digging out the truth and this will scare fakes away. Its OK. I will just let it take its course

Mamaroon:

Hope you are not offended...FBI runs (aka reading people's previous posts) is my hobby.

No wahala.....if you sincerely think 1 month ticket will not look suspicious...

BUT typical deadline for most airlines is 36 weeks....so 5 weeks on your last trip means your baby arrived at about 37/38 weeks and you were super efficient with documents.......doable!

For this trip, I thought I read that you planned to leave end of Nov and babies (multiple) are due early March (I assume this is already adjusted for the fact that multiples come early).....that is already 2 months.

Anyway, nevermind me undecided what do I know....I'm just bored and nosey......maybe the conversation of "how long are you staying" and "show me your ticket" won't come up at POE....if this is your bet...you might want to consider staying far from Chicago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.