Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166725 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by benson3788(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2018
dere5:

No biggie, let her just follow the same process married women follow too, the only difference in her case would be that she won't have a marriage certificate to present,(Dr & hospital correspondence, have enough money to cover the trip, get accommodation, get strong ties to home country, prepare budget sheet etc)

Thank you so much.
Please what kind ties would be strong enough? I'm really confused here. Would my statement of account work in her case or must it be of her family (parents, sibling, close relative)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by benson3788(m): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2018
chibertha:
Congrats, well she should apply as a single lady. I got my first US visa 6 years before I got married though
I was already working then.

Thank you so much.
Do you think she could provide my statement of account or that of her family? By the way, she is currently a PhD student, not working.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cascadoma: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2018
dere5:

Go to page 1,the steps are listed there.
Kindly, recommend the Doctor you used. Let me check him/her out. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 11:43am On Sep 27, 2018
OmoBendel24:
. My Boss(omobendel24) we actually want to use the visa for vacation because even when she applied for the application she is just 4 weeks. And she will be due in march next year. It's not possible to apply for childbirth visa now and the go asked her if she want to have more babies in the US in the future. She didn't lie she said Yes. If actually been given the B1/B2. We wanna use it for vacation and even she will tell the vo she will take medicals but not on this trip. I told you my own Dropbox have been approved. That same day she was refused.

Your points are valid and quite understandable I must say. But I don't think ties was the real issue with her application, this is not somebody going to the US for the first time, this is someone that has gone there and came back, someone that got a US visa and didn't even rush to use it or so to say, that used their facility and services (note though, that if there was a deliberate shortchanging of the system that is not due her visa category, there will be consequences), paid for it and exited.

The issue here, I think, has more to do with the visa usage (gotten for a purpose different from the birthing purpose it was now finally FIRST USED for), previous interview notes taken and of course the VO in question too, that's if the transcript is correct. Even though the hubby informed them officially of the birthing plan (which should have helped and may/can still help her case) and obtained a visa on it, I doubt if these interview notes got a syncing, that's where the issue is most likely.

She's only getting punished for the way she used the visa and is likely planning to use this next visa again, other things seem to be checking right IMO sha....

CC: @Phakabir06

NB; I can even see that you guys plan more to use the visa applied for this time for birthing mostly, the VO too may have noticed this. That means you must first show a clear-cut and appealing remorse for the usage of the first visa, which in itself is difficult. Then you must come out plainly on your intentions to birth again in the US and go through the visa process (B2 proper) thereto, this too may be a hard nut to crack now depending on the disposition and discretion of the next VO because a noticeable "ojoro don dey dis una second waka process already so".
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 11:47am On Sep 27, 2018
NothingDoMe:
My opinion is that bank jobs are among the least stable in Nigeria. Inspite of this a lot of Bankers got US Visa's because it is a respectable profession. Only for them to bring disrespect to themselves by abusing their Visa's.
With 5 months to the major elections, this type of government job may not also be seen as stable. Even foreign stock investors have pulled out their monies ahead of the 2019 elections.
You could try again if you like.
. NothingDoMe. It's not a commercial bank but a central bank. Which me and you know it's stable. Or what do you think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Phakabir06:
. NothingDoMe. It's not a commercial bank but a central bank. Which me and you know it's stable. Or what do you think?
And if the government changes in 5 months time? Would it still be stable then?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
[quote author=Phakabir06 post=71570916][/quote] I vividly remember that I told the vo that I want to witness the birth of my wife. I finished masters in the United States in July and left in September 2015 and still have valid visa till July 2016. When the visa expired that was when I had to schedule another interview because of the F1. And I was granted when I said I want to help my wife in delivery. We paid all fees. Spent a month and my wife spent 2. Without any outstanding bills. The vo said to my wife that although she paid all medical bills. And she even asked if she would have more babies in the future which she said yes due to her medical history(high risk). So am thinking maybe by December /January she can apply for B2. Using that same hospital we used. And collect all correspondence from doctor there and here too about her medical history records. And this time our son wont be following and I will also go and meet her when it's time for delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Your points are valid and quite understandable I must say. But I don't think ties was the real issue with her application, this is not somebody going to the US for the first time, this is someone that has gone there and came back, someone that got a US visa and didn't even rush to use it or so to say, that used their facility and services (note though, that if there was a deliberate shortchanging of the system that is not due her visa category, there will be consequences), paid for it and exited.
This is not the first time someone has used the change of intent letter. Some are successful when trying to renew their Visa while others were not. Concealing a pregnancy during the interview plays a huge role in the outcome of the Visa renewal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
Phakabir06:
my wife got denied today based on the fact she has no strong ties.
What do you mean by this? Was this what the VO told your wife?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
NothingDoMe:
This is not the first time someone has used the change of intent letter. Some are successful when trying to renew their Visa while others were not. Concealing a pregnancy during the interview plays a huge role in the outcome of the Visa renewal.

Guess you are mixing something up. The time she applied for B1B2 she was not pregnant at all. She just want to come for my graduation in the United States which she couldn't make it because she had an accident which is true. It was like after 7 months she got pregnant. She used the visa 1yr3months after.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
NothingDoMe:
What do you mean by this? Was this what the VO told your wife?
That's whats on section 214B of the United States immigration and Nationality. The pink paper been given to her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 12:46pm On Sep 27, 2018
NothingDoMe:

Of course you are correct!

But did she conceal pregnancy during that interview that got her the visa? Kindly point us to where she did from the discourse so far if there is. Even on this failed application, can we even point to where she did so? Her usage of her first visa is her albatross right now in my opinion.... The thinking is that she likely will still get it and refuse to go on any holiday again like she did before, and then go for birthing after sending the now worthless change of intent letter once again, that to me forms part of the VO's grouse, and it's massive too.

They must go through the B2 visa application process for birthing proper, fortunately for them, she did inform the VO on this refused visa interview of her being open to use the visa for birthing again if granted, that softens the ground for her next interview methinks if it was well captured and documented by the VO that just refused her a visa. But if however the question of if she was pregnant came up and she said "no", then the relationship between her and the US embassy is almost ruined for now!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ballyray: 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
please any Atlanta mum in the building and as used northside hospital .please help with a doctors contact ...i am begging please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
Phakabir06:
Guess you are mixing something up. The time she applied for B1B2 she was not pregnant at all. She just want to come for my graduation in the United States which she couldn't make it because she had an accident which is true. It was like after 7 months she got pregnant. She used the visa 1yr3months after.
Nah. I was speaking in your defence. Summary of what I've been saying is, I don't believe using the Visa for medical(Change of intent) was what resulted in the refusal.

You can reapply if you have spare cash and time to do so. You may find out more about why her application is being refused or you'll get it the second time around. Either way it will put your mind to rest that you tried your best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2018
NothingDoMe:
Nah. I was speaking in your defence. Summary of what I've been saying is, I don't believe using the Visa for medical(Change of intent) was what resulted in the refusal.

You can reapply if you have spare cash and time to do so. You may find out more about why her application is being refused or you'll get it the second time around. Either way it will put your mind to rest that you tried your best.
Thank you so much, really appreciates your contribution , I have schedule another appointment for Lagos by january. I was fortunate to get the appointment date because what I was seeing in Lagos was march. And her EDD is in march. She will be using the same hospital she used during the first one. In which we paid all bills almost 16k in Baltimore Maryland. Then my son wont be following her. Then I will be with her during the delivery Gods grace. I just got my Dropbox renewal issued on that same day she was refused since September 3rd. She was refused on 25th. The vo asked her if we gotten visa and she told her that i did Dropbox. And his son is a citizen. I think she now checked my name and asked her that where I am and she said I am in Nigeria. Then vo now said I did my masters in the USA. My wife said yes that it was my graduation she wanted to go when she had an accident. The vo asked if our son is our first child and she answers yes but not first pregnancy as she has previously lost two due to High risk. she asked again if she plans to have more babies in the USA and my wife said yes if she is granted visa. The vo types for a very long time and said although she paid all her medical bills but am sorry you didn't meet the requirement for the visa you are applying for.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
Phakabir06:
Thank you so much, really appreciates your contribution , I have schedule another appointment for Lagos by january.
I have read your post and I ca t realy place my finger on where your wife went wrong. It's a good thing that she has reapplied, let's pray she meets a more understanding and lenient vo this time around

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
Phakabir06:
Thank you so much, really appreciates your contribution , I have schedule another appointment for Lagos by january. I was fortunate to get the appointment date because what I was seeing in Lagos was march. And her EDD is in march. She will be using the same hospital she used during the first one. In which we paid all bills almost 16k in Baltimore Maryland. Then my son wont be following her. Then I will be with her during the delivery Gods grace. I just got my Dropbox renewal issued on that same day she was refused since September 3rd. She was refused on 25th. The vo asked her if we gotten visa and she told her that i did Dropbox. And his son is a citizen. I think she now checked my name and asked her that where I am and she said I am in Nigeria. Then vo now said I did my masters in the USA. My wife said yes that it was my graduation she wanted to go when she had an accident. The vo asked if our son is our first child and she answers yes but not first pregnancy as she has previously lost two due to High risk. she asked again if she plans to have more babies in the USA and my wife said yes if she is granted visa. The vo types for a very long time and said although she paid all her medical bills but am sorry you didn't meet the requirement for the visa you are applying for.

Sorry about your wife's visa refusal and congratulations on yours. Let me outline the probable points I see from all your writeup so far that perhaps led to the refusal:

1. Whenever you are interviewing and you mention high risk pregnancy or complicated pregnancy, the next thing VO will be looking at is your budget sheet. You need to have enough Miscellaneous(like having more than $10K extra) just in case of any unexpected medical bills which can skyrocket because of any small complications in the US.

2. I think they prefer the husband to travel with their pregnant wife especially if there is no relative in the US. So when the husband does not have US Visa covering the period of birthing or the husband just did drop box or about to do drop box, they either put your wife's application on administrative processing or some VO do outright refusal. So always ensure you have renewed your own US Visa through drop box or otherwise before going for your wife's interview (Talking from experience).

3. Maybe the VO didn't think it through to realize that your wife was not pregnant when the first visa was given. About ties leaving your son or taking him with you , I don't think changes the ties. Ties refers to either close relative at home and/or your high paying job. Being a CBN senior staff is enough tie to Nigeria (especially if the VO sees your total annual emoluments).

I wish you and your wife best of luck in the next interview. Please read the threads well and incorporate good advice from this thread into your next interview preparation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
Good afternoon everyone.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lilyemmy(f): 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2018
zeezzy:
Good afternoon everyone.I have been reading from the first thread but am just more confused. I've been TTC for 10yrs and God finally did it.We will like to have the baby in the united states.I have never travelled outside the country before.In fact,I have never boarded a plane before. I don't even have a Nigerian passport. Pls,help your local sister here oo.Where do I start from?How do I go abt ?What should I do?

Sis, start by getting your passport and research your doctor!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
KennyMKO:

Sorry about your wife's visa refusal and congratulations on yours. Let me outline the probable points I see from all your writeup so far that perhaps led to the refusal: Thank you so much for your contribution. It's noted and I will let you know how it's going. Really appreciates your kind gesture .

1. Whenever you are interviewing and you mention high risk pregnancy or complicated pregnancy, the next thing VO will be looking at is your budget sheet. You need to have enough Miscellaneous(like having more than $10K extra) just in case of any unexpected medical bills which can skyrocket because of any small complications in the US.

2. I think they prefer the husband to travel with their pregnant wife especially if there is no relative in the US. So when the husband does not have US Visa covering the period of birthing or the husband just did drop box or about to do drop box, they either put your wife's application on administrative processing or some VO do outright refusal. So always ensure you have renewed your own US Visa through drop box or otherwise before going for your wife's interview (Talking from experience).

3. Maybe the VO didn't think it through to realize that your wife was not pregnant when the first visa was given. About ties leaving your son or taking him with you , I don't think changes the ties. Ties refers to either close relative at home and/or your high paying job. Being a CBN senior staff is enough tie to Nigeria (especially if the VO sees your total annual emoluments).

I wish you and your wife best of luck in the next interview. Please read the threads well and incorporate good advice from this thread into your next interview preparation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2018
lilyemmy:

Sis, start by getting your passport and research your doctor!
O

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chism440: 10:30am On Sep 28, 2018
please I urgently need your advice on this... I got my visa 2016 with my 2 kids for vacation b4 i got pregnant and decided to go have my baby in the us..fast forward august 2018 , i took my other son that doesn't have visa to embassy to get his own visa and my own visa was revoked that I got vacation visa instead I went to give birth and she also requested for itemised bill ..I showed her the one I got from the hospital and my zero balance she rejected it .....my problem now is that my son that is American citizen needs to do a minor surgery on his testes when I took him to the doctor for check up ...I don't want to do the surgery here in nigeria but I don't have visa and I don't know how to go about it ...please what do I do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pramil: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2018
Good day house .my EDD is January ending.. . Yet to apply for Visa.. have been looking out for closer dates since August..haven't gotten.. anyone in my shoes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 10:49am On Sep 28, 2018
chism440:
please I urgently need your advice on this... I got my visa 2016 with my 2 kids for vacation b4 i got pregnant and decided to go have my baby in the us..fast forward august 2018 , i took my other son that doesn't have visa to embassy to get his own visa and my own visa was revoked that I got vacation visa instead I went to give birth and she also requested for itemised bill ..I showed her the one I got from the hospital and my zero balance she rejected it .....my problem now is that my son that is American citizen needs to do a minor surgery on his testes when I took him to the doctor for check up ...I don't want to do the surgery here in nigeria but I don't have visa and I don't know how to go about it ...please what do I do?

What is wrong in doing it Nigeria? Please don't endanger the future the boy. It's better done and correct the issue now. Don't let the boy swear for you in future. Your child's health should be first and not your visa. Am sorry o;the truth might be bitter o.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Phakabir06: 10:51am On Sep 28, 2018
KennyMKO:
. Thank you so much I really appreciates. I want to ask if I can use my Bank of America statements with my nigeria own . As well with my wife own. Then she will be staying with my distance cousin till I come. That's how we did it last time. My mother Inlaw and her went. They stay one month at that my distance cousins place then when I come I rented 2bedroom for the remaining month. Which is just 5minutes drive to the hospital. In the filling of the DS160 should I put the name of my cousins as contact address or the hospital or the apartment we will be using . Note that the name of that my cousin was in the last ds160.

Sorry about your wife's visa refusal and congratulations on yours. Let me outline the probable points I see from all your writeup so far that perhaps led to the refusal:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nabie: 10:54am On Sep 28, 2018
[quote]
Please any last update on visa on arrival,what is the fastest means on getting a response quickly
?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nabie: 11:10am On Sep 28, 2018
@jenny,where you able to get the visa on arrival and how did you go abt it
call them on this number 08119753844.

or someone can go to the airport in Nigeria with the hard copy application letter & the supporting documents.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chism440: 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
folmus:

What is wrong in doing it Nigeria? Please don't endanger the future the boy. It's better done and correct the issue now. Don't let the boy swear for you in future. Your child's health should be first and not your visa. Am sorry o;the truth might be bitter o.
am just asking how possible it is for me to get visa since I don't want to do the suggery here in nigeria since it concerns their citizen. ..I plan to contact the hospital where he was born too

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chism440: 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
thermolady:

thanks 4 responding; he has indeed been seeing doctors here but even they acknowledge that some delicate surgery in a child so young is best safely and successfully done overseas hence her readiness to travel the distance even with the attendant high cost for self pay treatment.
we have same issue. ..my visa was revoked in aigust and my son needs surgery which I want to do in us but i dont know how to go about the interview date since ..I tot about contacting the hospital where he was born in california

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.