Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166447 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mycoffee: 11:34pm On Oct 12, 2018
chibertha:
That's a very good location for that hospital and for going around for shopping and other amusement locations.
Ask the accommodation owner if there are furniture in it at all.
I had same experience

Awesome then. Pls inbox me the apartment where you stayed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 12:50am On Oct 13, 2018
grin grin grin

Supernaturalone:
Hello mama Iyanu! grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 1:08am On Oct 13, 2018
I have and i don't think it makes a difference in how you're treated..just make sure you take your receipts and zero balance letter/statement just in case they ask. They kept asking if I had my receipts at POE and secondary inspection but didn't they didn't ask to see them. Maybe it's because they already knew it had been seen at the embassy.

Vgil100:
Has anyone gone for this birth trip with their America kid.Pls what is the perception at POE.Does that send a wrong message? I am really feeling pity leaving my 5 year old (born in US) for that long.And my trip is less than a month.I am confused, to take him or not?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 1:35am On Oct 13, 2018
Vgil100:
Has anyone gone for this birth trip with their America kid.Pls what is the perception at POE.Does that send a wrong message? I am really feeling pity leaving my 5 year old (born in US) for that long.And my trip is less than a month.I am confused, to take him or not?

Lol!...funny emphasis with the "born in US."

Anyways, cant he/she be left with the father or a very close trusted family member
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vgil100: 5:29am On Oct 13, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Anyways, cant he/she be left with the father or a very close trusted family member
cry Yeah.Infact that 's 80% possibility of what will happen.DH though travels a lot.So he be with Nanny.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vgil100: 5:31am On Oct 13, 2018
Ebony84:
I have and i don't think it makes a difference in how you're treated..just make sure you take your receipts and zero balance letter/statement just in case they ask. They kept asking if I had my receipts at POE and secondary inspection but didn't they didn't ask to see them. Maybe it's because they already knew it had been seen at the embassy.

Thanks dear sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 6:16am On Oct 13, 2018
asake85:

Wyckoff in Brooklyn is not bad, used them in 2016

You should be smart and careful and security conscious in Brooklyn if you are going there for birthing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 9:05am On Oct 13, 2018
I used a long stay hotel. There are a lot on Richmond@ Rogerdel bus stop just behind the post office or if driving you can enter them from south San Houston park way just in front of the bridge . Sorry I can't put there names or websites here as that will be as I am advertising
Mycoffee:

Awesome then. Please which apartment building did you stay in.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 10:01am On Oct 13, 2018
Vgil100:
i have twice first time they just asked if I have receipt second time no one asked me anything
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ulio(f): 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
Ebony84:
Medela is 110v o..my plug blew the first time I used it in Nigeria thankfully I was able to get another one on warranty. I had to use batteries everytime I needed to pump.

pls check ur pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 4:52pm On Oct 13, 2018
asake85:

Wyckoff in Brooklyn is not bad, used them in 2016
do you have any details I know someone who is interested
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2018
margaretp:
Please i am currently in Sugarland Texas in my brothers place to have my baby. I get so boared during the day cos my brother and his wife go to work and i am left home alone. I will like to go to the shooping mall frequently but cant deal with the uber cost on a daily basis.

Please does anyone have suggestions on a cheaper means of transport that i can explore here in Sugarland.

Also, if there is any Nigerian here in Sugarland that wants to go shopping and is in the same shoes as i am, please reach out to me so we can share the transportation cost and move together

Boredom is not a good thing really. It depends on your frequency of Mall going or Walmart going and how much you budgeted for transportation. There are many shops around Sugarland that you can visit for your needs depending on the part of Sugarland you are. Most of the Malls(Katy Mills Mall, Memorial Mall, Houston Premium Outlet etc) are not close to Sugarland. However if you really want to visit Malls to while away some time, my best advice for you is to rent a car from some of our Nigerian guys that offer the service(I can connect you with one of them if you wish). It's extremely cheaper than Uber and Lyft. Instead of carrying Uber for $60 per trip to the mall. You can rent a car gor $150/week. And you can use uour Nigerian driver's licence without hassles. All you need to get is to hang your phone google map in front of you and it (google) will take you to wherever you want to go. Good luck

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2018
chloe00:

And to say this is the doctor I intend using , I’m angry ahead o, I don’t like shabby services like this neither am I saying worship me. But 2k is a lot of money and I’ll rather use it in addition to my baby registry than to throw it away, they need people to boycott their services so their heads can be correct

$2k is not beans, I may b wrong, but I was one of the 1st people to use Dr Nicholas in 2015, and I did due diligence to fetch him out, then I had a good service, trust me when people rush a particular Doc. their services may drop sure to over booking.. Which is not a reason for bad service thou..
Dr. Nicholas is a qualified Doc who sees more of Latin Americans and black Americans from the sub urban areas.. We too dey rush him too much, can we please do more research and get new untapped Dr. Alot of us just are doing copy and paste no research..

It's bad and heart breaking to get a crappy service but we Nigerians are to used to doing follow follow.. There are untapped hospitals and Dr., but we r not doing due diligence..

So sorry for the bad service, pls am begging get new leads...

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
Adebuble:

$2k is not beans, I may b wrong, but I was one of the 1st people to use Dr Nicholas in 2015, and I did due diligence to fetch him out, then I had a good service, trust me when people rush a particular Doc. their services may drop sure to over booking.. Which is not a reason for bad service thou..
Dr. Nicholas is a qualified Doc who sees more of Latin Americans and black Americans from the sub urban areas.. We too dey rush him too much, can we please do more research and get new untapped Dr. Alot of us just are doing copy and paste no research..

It's bad and heart breaking to get a crappy service but we Nigerians are to used to doing follow follow.. There are untapped hospitals and Dr., but we r not doing due diligence..

This is spot on o because I won’t throw my 2k away just like that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 7:58am On Oct 14, 2018
Beautyaddy:

I honestly don't think travelling with one's kid is an issue. I travelled with my toddler(about same age) and my pregnant wife two months ago
and had absolutely no issues going through CBP. The only catch is that the dude would miss school for the duration of their stay. IMO

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 8:17am On Oct 14, 2018
Vgil100:

cry Yeah.Infact that 's 80% possibility of what will happen.DH though travels a lot.So he be with Nanny.

where do y'all dig up these statistics from? This whole myth we ascribe to travelling are mostly borne out of fear. If you know deep down your reasons for making a trip, then go right ahead. Let's not mystify everything abeg cool. I travelled with my wife and kid without issues and i know lots of colleagues and friends that had same easy pass.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 8:29am On Oct 14, 2018
Adebuble:

Thank you. I said almost the same thing and someone replied that it's their money and that they would use same Dr and hospital over again, bad service or not.
My second child just came in on friday and we used a diff hospital from the one we used for our first kid, in the same state . All i had to do with DW, was do more searches from Naija months before we travelled. it's all about priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayomiidele: 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2018
The adapter for the one I got is 100v-220v. I haven't used it yet but from this rating I believe it should be good for Nigeria. See the picture of the adapter below.

Ebony84:
Medela is 110v o..my plug blew the first time I used it in Nigeria thankfully I was able to get another one on warranty. I had to use batteries everytime I needed to pump.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vgil100: 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
overlord77:

where do y'all dig up these statistics from? This whole myth we ascribe to travelling are mostly borne out of fear. If you know deep down your reasons for making a trip, then go right ahead. Let's not mystify everything abeg cool. I travelled with my wife and kid without issues and i know lots of colleagues and friends that had same easy pass.
Yeah,like someone said missing school is a major concern.Thank every1 though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Myself67: 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
Please what airline can fly a 38 weeks pregnant woman. And what are the documents I need apart from Doctor's fit to fly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayomiidele: 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2018
I am presently using Dr X's services and I would say I am satisfied for now. Yes, the population of Nigerian client is much but I don't have a problem with that since I am treated well. Except for my first visit when I saw a doctor, I have been seeing a Nurse practitioner for my antenatal visits and she has been very thorough.
I think it also has more to do with our Nigerian sisters, if you don't ask questions, interact or engage with them then nothing will be forthcoming for you. They will just check you and send you on your way.
I will do a review of the hospital after I have my baby.

overlord77:

Thank you. I said almost the same thing and someone replied that it's their money and that they would use same Dr and hospital over again, bad service or not.
My second child just came in on friday and we used a diff hospital from the one we used for our first kid, in the same state . All i had to do with DW, was do more searches from Naija months before we travelled. it's all about priorities.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ok..it should be fine then. Just checked mine and it's 110-120v.

Ayomiidele:
The adapter for the one I got is 100v-220v. I haven't used it yet but from this rating I believe it should be good for Nigeria. See the picture of the adapter below.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
Doubt it exists..too high risk. You can give birth at anytime after 37 weeks and it would be considered full term.

Safest period would have to be before 36 wks before you go and born on the plane in the middle of nowhere.

Myself67:
Please what airline can fly a 38 weeks pregnant woman. And what are the documents I need apart from Doctor's fit to fly

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Momo13: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2018
Myself67:

I travelled with Delta airlines at 38 weeks.No restrictions on gestation age. I wasn't asked for fit to fly either.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2018
Ayomiidele:
I am presently using Dr X's services and I would say I am satisfied for now. Yes, the population of Nigerian client is much but I don't have a problem with that since I am treated well. Except for my first visit when I saw a doctor, I have been seeing a Nurse practitioner for my antenatal visits and she has been very thorough.
I think it also has more to do with our Nigerian sisters, if you don't ask questions, interact or engage with them then nothing will be forthcoming for you. They will just check you and send you on your way.
I will do a review of the hospital after I have my baby.

Unfortunately, a nurse practitioner is not a doctor. Prenatal care with a nurse practitioner with a doctor doing the delivery is between $750-$1100 at the most, not $2000.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nana101: 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2018
Delta airline is your bet. No restrictions.

Myself67:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by misszionboo(f): 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2018
Vgil100:

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.