Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164503 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Diapearl: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2018
Diapearl:
Good afternoon good people of this thread, please I need your candid advice, in 2015 I had a baby in the USA in August 2015 at 37weeks, in September 2017, I and my family applied for visa through Dropbox but we were denied under 221g, we went for interview, I was the only one questioned ( majorly about why I had so much discounted hospital bill and why I did not disclose my pregnancy status during our interview in Jan 2015) well we were denied visa. We are scheduled to have an interview tomorrow and I really don’t know what to expect and I am so anxious. NB:I am not pregnant at the moment. Please what can you all tell me to encourage me and help me prepare for tomorrow’s interview. Thank you
Please someone should help me out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
Dlordschild:
Please can you mail me the total hospital and accomodation cost for Elpaso?
Thank you

Its on the website www.doctoresparati.com. The ad is on every page of this forum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Shiebi: 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
Diapearl:
Good afternoon good people of this thread, please I need your candid advice, in 2015 I had a baby in the USA in August 2015 at 37weeks, in September 2017, I and my family applied for visa through Dropbox but we were denied under 221g, we went for interview, I was the only one questioned ( majorly about why I had so much discounted hospital bill and why I did not disclose my pregnancy status during our interview in Jan 2015) well we were denied visa. We are scheduled to have an interview tomorrow and I really don’t know what to expect and I am so anxious. NB:I am not pregnant at the moment. Please what can you all tell me to encourage me and help me prepare for tomorrow’s interview. Thank you

Hubby and I were also denied visa in May this year.

I had no change of intention frm the visiting visa to the medical visa. But we were not denied on that ground. Ours was that we didn't take our bills and receipts along, and because we were still on a payment plan.

We applied again in July, and got a date in Nov. Applied for an expedited interview date but was declined that child birth is not a real emergency.

Exactly, one week ago, we were before another VO, we had our bills and reciepts and zero balances this time. And we were honest about the failure to procure a change of Intention for the previous birth, and apologised. She stated categorically that there's nothing wrong in having a baby with a visiting visa. We were shocked!

She asked their usual questions.
She handed us the white sheet and added that they'll need time to go through the payment documents we handed her for the previous birth, and that we'll receive an e-mail or sms expressing their decision on our application. I was so nervous at this point that I'm not sure I included all my itemised bills.
DH said he heard her say that the visa decision will be made in a day or two. But the white sheet says within 60days. It's a week now no info.

Am really worried for the following reasons;
1. My EDD is middle of nxt month, and am really big and exhausted by now. (P.S. I'll be going with a 2yr old toddler).
2. Have cancelled my appointment with my doctor severally.
3. Am considering writing the Embassy, to inform them about the urgency of my case, and to add that the visa will be useless to me if it's approved after this period. Cause I refused buying ANYTHING for my LO's birth cause I planned to shop there. Didn't want to carry much load.
OR
Should I give up on the visa and start plan B of having the LO here, and start shopping for him.

4. My mom had already traveled in October to wait for me, cause she said she can't travel in d cold.

Am very sorry for the long post. Pls help! Am not together at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Amoj4682: 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2018
Shiebi:

I had no change of intention frm the visiting visa to the medical visa. But we were not denied on that ground. Ours was that we didn't take our bills and receipts along, and because we were still on a payment plan.

We applied again in July, and got a date in Nov. Applied for an expedited interview date but was declined that child birth is not a real emergency.

Exactly, one week ago, we were before another VO, we had our bills and reciepts and zero balances this time. And we were honest about the failure to procure a change of Intention for the previous birth, and apologised. She stated categorically that there's nothing wrong in having a baby with a visiting visa. We were shocked!

She handed us the white sheet and added that they'll need time to go through the payment documents we handed her for the previous birth, and that we'll receive an e-mail or sms expressing their decision on our application. I was so nervous at this point that I'm not sure I included all my itemised bills.
DH said he heard her say that the visa decision will be made in a day or two. But the white sheet says within 60days. It's a week now no info.

1. My EDD is middle of nxt month, and am really big and exhausted by now. (P.S. I'll be going with a 2yr old toddler).
3. Am considering writing the Embassy, to inform them about the urgency of my case, and to add that the visa will be useless to me if it's approved after this period. Cause I refused buying ANYTHING for my LO's birth cause I planned to shop there. Didn't want to carry much load.
OR
Should I give up on the visa and start plan B of having the LO here, and start shopping for him.

4. My mom had already traveled in October to wait for me, cause she said she can't travel in d cold.

So sorry. I think you shouldnt appear desperate. Just pray for the best. Make plan B option just incase.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Shiebi: 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2018
Diapearl:

Please someone should help me out

My dear, the deed is done, you can't kill yourself. Just tell them the truth and apologise sincerely. Personally, I had no idea about the change of intention thingy, otherwise I would have applied for it.
As for the huge discounts, you didn't beg for it. It's what the service providers placed before you that you paid. Tell them you had no idea you were supposed to reject self pay discounts. That it's novel to you.
Besides, you are not going to have another baby so I don't see why they should still reject you.
I would have loved to say be confident, but I was gittery.
All the best tomorrow. The house awaits your success story.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Diapearl: 10:45pm On Nov 20, 2018
Shiebi:

My dear, the deed is done, you can't kill yourself. Just tell them the truth and apologise sincerely. Personally, I had no idea about the change of intention thingy, otherwise I would have applied for it.
As for the huge discounts, you didn't beg for it. It's what the service providers placed before you that you paid. Tell them you had no idea you were supposed to reject self pay discounts. That it's novel to you.
Besides, you are not going to have another baby so I don't see why they should still reject you.
I would have loved to say be confident, but I was gittery.
All the best tomorrow. The house awaits your success story.

sure.... I can’t wait to share my success story too

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Diapearl: 10:47pm On Nov 20, 2018
Shiebi:

OR

Don’t worry God’s favour shall be with us..can’t wait to read your testimony��

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 7:35am On Nov 21, 2018
Shiebi:

OR

This happened to my sister
Don’t worry they know ur edd and wud give u before then just pray
U get it before then

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cutie333: 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2018
Good afternoon everyone.

in the spirit of giving back, I arrived ATL on the 19th of Nov at about 1pm.

No fit to fly was asked at LOS and also in Amsterdam.
I travelled at 35 weeks 4 days and I used the wheel chair service. In Amsterderm, I was taken to the lounge cos my layover was 3hrs 45mins. it was very comfy I slept till the wheel chair attendant came to wake me up and took me to the gate. everything was easy and stressfree.

we had an 8hrs 40 mins flght to ATL. KLM was very stingy with water and drinks unlike qatar and turkish airline.

I used the wheel chair service in ATL too in 5mins I was infront of the CBP officer.

He askd what am in the U.S for noting that I was in the U.S in July.
I told him that i came in then for holiday with my family but that am here now to have my baby. He looked at me properly and said he did not know I was pregnant. I just smiled.

He asked if I had spoken with any doctor and if I had made arrangements, I told him yes and showed him my appointment letter from the doctor and correspondence from the hospital.

He asked how much cash I had and where I worked and I told him. I asked if I should show him the cash, he said no that he believes me.

He told me he knows the hospital am using and we chatted for a while. he stamped me in for six months and wished ma a safe delivery.
he was very friendly.

ATL was breeze but my dried pomo and maggie chicken was siezed at secondary inspection.

Am greatful to God!!

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gilgil: 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
cutie333:
Good afternoon everyone.

in the spirit of giving back, I arrived ATL on the 19th of Nov at about 1pm.

No fit to fly was asked at LOS and also in Amsterdam.
I travelled at 35 weeks 4 days and I used the wheel chair service. In Amsterderm, I was taken to the lounge cos my layover was 3hrs 45mins. it was very comfy I slept till the wheel chair attendant came to wake me up and took me to the gate. everything was easy and stressfree.

we had an 8hrs 40 mins flght to ATL. KLM was very stingy with water and drinks unlike qatar and turkish airline.

I used the wheel chair service in ATL too in 5mins I was infront of the CBP officer.

He askd what am in the U.S for noting that I was in the U.S in July.
I told him that i came in then for holiday with my family but that am here now to have my baby. He looked at me properly and said he did not know I was pregnant. I just smiled.

He asked if I had spoken with any doctor and if I had made arrangements, I told him yes and showed him my appointment letter from the doctor and correspondence from the hospital.

He asked how much cash I had and where I worked and I told him. I asked if I should show him the cash, he said no that he believes me.

He told me he knows the hospital am using and we chatted for a while. he stamped me in for six months and wished ma a safe delivery.
he was very friendly.

ATL was breeze but my dried pomo and maggie chicken was siezed at secondary inspection.

Am greatful to God!!

Am so happy for you. You see, the wheel chair was very useful to ease your stress.

Thank God for your life.

Wish you safe delivery and every...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gilgil: 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
Anyone still with recent info on visa on arrival for baby?
I sent in an email to the address on NIS website and I am yet to get a reply.

Would appreciate support here cos we have already paid for ticket to return to Naija next week Tuesday.

At this point would doing a Naija passport scale through?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nana101: 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2018
I don't know anything about VOA. I know you can get a naija passport in a day max. 2 days. I am sure you can get naija visa sme day.

Gilgil:

Would appreciate support here cos we have already paid for ticket to return to Naija next week Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
I did the visa on arrival in May, i got a response a day before i was to leave California. I remember calling their office and was told to wait that I'll surely get a reply which i did. Just wait it out. You can also call their office.

Gilgil:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yhemmy2: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
Hello All,
Pls I need urgent input on below matter;
If you are processing CAD Express Entry. Is there still need to go birth in the US?
Reason for my question is;
I am currently preggy. My hubby & I are processing Canada PR. Currently awaiting our PPR but I’m not sure we will get CoPR before my fit to fly expires. Was thinking of going to the US to birth my baby but hubby thinks there is no economic importance to it and it’s a waste of money & financial resources. His reason is because we (including our baby) will eventually relocate to Canada even if he’s born here(Nigeria).
What do u guys think?
Will I be wasting money birthing our baby in d US even when our Canada App is almost pulling through. Does children not born in CAD/USA have the same benefit as the ones born there?

Pls ignore my errors. I really do hope someone understands my drift n can provide necessary feedback ASAP.
@hotstepper
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
Yhemmy2:
Hello All,
If you are processing CAD Express Entry. Is there still need to go birth in the US?
I am currently preggy. My hubby & I are processing Canada PR. Currently awaiting our PPR but I’m not sure we will get CoPR before my fit to fly expires. Was thinking of going to the US to birth my baby but hubby thinks there is no economic importance to it and it’s a waste of money & financial resources. His reason is because we (including our baby) will eventually relocate to Canada even if he’s born here(Nigeria).
What do u guys think?
Will I be wasting money birthing our baby in d US even when our Canada App is almost pulling through. Does children not born in CAD/USA have the same benefit as the ones born there?

Pls ignore my errors. I really do hope someone understands my drift n can provide necessary feedback ASAP.
@hotstepper

Your hubby is completely right, its a complete waste of money and time.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
Yhemmy2:
Hello All,
What do u guys think?

@hotstepper

The financial benefits will be that the child will eventually have trio-citizenship from three countries of Nigeria/Canada/US instead of dual-citizenship of two countries Nigerian/Canadian.

So yes, there is some financial benefits to it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
Yhemmy2:
His reason is because we (including our baby) will eventually relocate to Canada even if he’s born here(Nigeria).

If you are eventually going to Canada, then I do agree with your Husband. Firstly, as you are moving to a new (developed) country, you really do need money to settle down and possibly provide your needs for up to a year (to be on the safe side)... so putting millions down on a missionary journey at this time may not be a very good idea.

Secondly, I know that it's great to have triple citizenship, however, you do need to remember that one "disadvantage" of a US citizenship is FATCA (has been extensively discussed in previous parts of this thread)... infact, American citizens living abroad are renouncing their citizenship over the "tax" burden of being American... see this and this...

However, because I am neither an American nor a Canadian, I decided to check if this question has been answered on quora and I found this

The choice lies with you and I sincerely wish you th4 very very best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chikos: 2:38am On Nov 22, 2018
[quote author=OmoBendel24 post=73003222]

Monitor from here first

Thanks , she checked and said it is showing application received .
Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.
For more information, please visit U.S. not get any email or text msg.

Please does this means she has been called for interview though she did not get any email or text msg and the Dropbox was done on the 23 of Oct.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 4:44am On Nov 22, 2018
OmoBendel24:

In essence, they haven't touched your file "proper", relax all the same, except for the "needing my passport out for something urgent" part.

Begin to worry some bit if status changes to "Administrative Processing" and doesn't change to "Issued" in 2-3 workdays thereafter.... All the best!

Refer to the above @Chikos

chikos:

Thanks , she checked and said it is showing application received .
Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.
For more information, please visit U.S. not get any email or text msg.

Please does this means she has been called for interview though she did not get any email or text msg and the Dropbox was done on the 23 of Oct.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Akaay03: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2018
Good afternoon everyone,

I am new here, and have found all the threads tremendously helpful.

I have a peculiar situation and i need clarification on the best line of action to take. i just hope its not too late.
I got a B1/B2 visa in 2016 and and had my baby in the US same year paid all my bills and have my zero balance letters. I also went on a vacation with my kids in dec 2017 with same visa.
My visa expired and I renewed via drop box in may but was asked to schedule for an interview with the 221g form. after several attempts the closest date I got for my interview is Nov 27 which is just in a few days. at the point of my drop box i wasn't pregnant but just discovered i was after i had submitted my application. So my application is just for a visiting visa.
i am heavily pregnant now and will be due in February. Is too late to send a change of intent letter now? (i only just got to know about this via the threads i have read so far). as i intend to state i am now going to give birth on this trip

do please advise as i am not quite sure the best way to deal with this now.

many thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2018
Akaay03:
Good afternoon everyone,

I am new here, and have found all the threads tremendously helpful.

I have a peculiar situation and i need clarification on the best line of action to take. i just hope its not too late.
I got a B1/B2 visa in 2016 and and had my baby in the US same year paid all my bills and have my zero balance letters. I also went on a vacation with my kids in dec 2017 with same visa.
My visa expired and I renewed via drop box in may but was asked to schedule for an interview with the 221g form. after several attempts the closest date I got for my interview is Nov 27 which is just in a few days. at the point of my drop box i wasn't pregnant but just discovered i was after i had submitted my application. So my application is just for a visiting visa.
i am heavily pregnant now and will be due in February. Is too late to send a change of intent letter now? (i only just got to know about this via the threads i have read so far). as i intend to state i am now going to give birth on this trip

do please advise as i am not quite sure the best way to deal with this now.

many thanks.

you are about to attend an interview?
and are pregnant?

if yes to both...get evidence that you have made arrangements for your medical care and that you can afford that care and that you plan to return....doctor correspondence...appointment letter....statement of account...vacation letter from employer...budget sheet...read up here for details

if you look just a few pages back ...you'll see that you also need to show you paid for your baby in 2016 with itemized bill and receipts etc...that's the most likely reason for 221g and interview request.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 10:48am On Nov 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Refer to the above @Chikos

I read on their site that you allow for 30 working days
So you still in order
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:39am On Nov 23, 2018
ninab:

I read on their site that you allow for 30 working days
So you still in order

Oh, okay. Good! Has yours however entered "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"? If it has, for how long now?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Oh, okay. Good! Has yours however entered "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"? If it has, for how long now?
No it hasn’t it’s still on application received
Since 5th I submitted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
ninab:

Since 5th I submitted
No ish then, go about your normal routine till it changes to AP. Cheer up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeewirld: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2018
Gracemama:
Hello House,
pls I wasn't stamped out in may 2018 (Our passport was not stamped to show that we left US)i asked my sis she said i should not bother that they already know that i left. pls i just want to be sure that they no longer stamp out.

Secondly i need a good hospital in NEWARK New jersey or anywhere close to newark.

Thirdly , pls i need a template for my change of Intent letter.
Thanks

Hello Gracemama..How far with your search for hospital in Newark?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ashedzi: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2018
ninab:

Since 5th I submitted

Same thing that happened when I applied, after the long wait, I ended up with the 221g. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.