Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162406 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 10:20am On Nov 15, 2018
OmoBendel24:

In essence, they haven't touched your file "proper", relax all the same, except for the "needing my passport out for something urgent" part.

Begin to worry some bit if status changes to "Administrative Processing" and doesn't change to "Issued" in 2-3 workdays thereafter.... All the best!
Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lucia95(f): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2018
OMG but u were still granted entry right @shiebi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ameera2018(f): 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
Someone please assist !!!

Please who knows a reliable shipper in Maryland or environs apart from Midas shipping. Please help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by GenoMI: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello House! Please has anyone used HNWMC and successfully renewed their visa this year? Being as HNWMC is (1) very cheap (2) do not issue itemized bills, I'm thinking renewals will be a problem with the new wave of rejections...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2018
I had same experience too with west Houston medical center on my babies account it was sorted out over the phone from here. After I was asked to send a scan copy of my zero balance as proof.
Oleayo22:
Just to share about my experience recently as I am meant to go for 221G interview soon in trying to make sure I have al my receipts ready, I discovered I didn't have itemized bill for both pediatrician and anaestologist even though i had paid my bills in full.
I called them and only for me to discover that in 2016 when I got a discount of 25% and I paid the bill right there and then that the person did not write off the discount but left it and so it was showing like as if I was owing. So they sent my name to collections embarassed. It took close to an hour on the phone with them to get it sorted out and they emailing my itemized bill to me. This is for those that use sheridan
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
GenoMI:
Hello House! Please has anyone used HNWMC and successfully renewed their visa this year? Being as HNWMC is (1) very cheap (2) do not issue itemized bills, I'm thinking renewals will be a problem with the new wave of rejections...
Used them and am still waiting as I submitted
I have an itemized bill dou
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by margaretp: 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2018
Good Day house, please u guys should help me out here oo. i had my baby recently , and currently in Houston Texas. I am in the process of applying for my baby’s passport but i hear the process for getting Nigeria Visa in US has changed. Please can somebody who recently got a Nigerian visa in Houston help explain how i can apply for my baby’s Visa. PS.. i hear the process changed sometime this year.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by curiouslearner: 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2018
Good Day House! Please anyone used HNWMC lately and paid the Miracle Package fee without any hidden fee afterwards? A friend paid for the package and wanted to do a CS but she was told to do a normal delivery. She ended up labouring for 17hours and they eventually did the CS and now the hospital says she isn't entitled to the package as she had complications bla bla bla and charged her normal rate . Bill running up to $12,0000. That is apart from doctors and peadiatrician and so on. Has anyone truly paid this discounted amount and not had this issue in the last few months.
Please share let's all be guided. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2018
curiouslearner:

Good Day House! Please anyone used HNWMC lately and paid the Miracle Package fee without any hidden fee afterwards? A friend paid for the package and wanted to do a CS but she was told to do a normal delivery. She ended up labouring for 17hours and they eventually did the CS and now the hospital says she isn't entitled to the package as she had complications bla bla bla and charged her normal rate . Bill running up to $12,0000. That is apart from doctors and peadiatrician and so on. Has anyone truly paid this discounted amount and not had this issue in the last few months.
Please share let's all be guided. Thanks

A friend used HNWMC less than 8 weeks ago, though through VD. She paid normal Miracle package fee. Sorry about your friend.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oleayo22(f): 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ameera2018:

Please who knows a reliable shipper in Maryland or environs apart from Midas shipping. Please help.
Please whats wrong with Midas? I was thinking of using them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chikos: 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello house, please I have an enquiry to make for my sister, she submitted her passport for Dropbox since November 23 and she said she is yet to receive any email from the embassy. Its showing ' no current status update on the passport number submitted' . please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lynniebabes(f): 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
God will do it for me too oh.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 7:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
chikos:
Hello house, please I have an enquiry to make for my sister, she submitted her passport for Dropbox since November 23 and she said she is yet to receive any email from the embassy. Its showing ' no current status update on the passport number submitted' . please help

Monitor from here first

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nana101: 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello, please how did you get the itemized bill, did you request for it or they would give you along with the zero balance letter.

ninab:

Used them and am still waiting as I submitted
I have an itemized bill dou
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anfanio: 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
Ameera2018:

Icon logistics Laurel Md
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2018
finally found this post. just to prove to you that some of us search before asking

i am currently waiting to born and i will be using WHMC. Let me start gathering my documents now before i hear stories that touch

chibertha:
Good day house @Omodadi2 sorry.

In 2015 Feb I put to birth in Houston at WHMC paid all my bills as per self pay $4000 for me and $362 for baby both well baby well mama 3 days stay.
I paid everything as per the offer before leaving the hospital.
Got my Zero balance letter and receipts for both accounts.
Then my visa expired in May 2015 and I renewed it in October 2015 via drop box.
Now went to renew Jan 2018 via drop box but passport returned and I am advised to schedule an interview ( yet to do that)
So I started arranging all necessary document's "every every " thinking i am good to go, untill a member of the house posted her transcript on how she was denied visa at her follow up interview because of itemized bill.
She came to see what it looked like and I put up what I thought it was only for me to see the real thing. Obviously I knew I didn't have it. So I called the hospital to send mine the reception referred me to hospital patients account services (which is in Georgia) trust me I called sharp sharp , only to be told that my sons account has $4230 debt on it.
Wow I screamed no way and asked why and how but the guy just said it's been there since 3 years.
I went gagas and called the main hospital line again requesting to speak to a financial counsellor (as I could not get hold of the person that signed and issued my initial letter)
I was again given a number for the person. I called and it went into voice mail and was given her email. I sent her a mail stating my findings and my need also attaching a copy of my Zero balance.
However I kept calling till she picked. My God she was so apologetic saying the person whose job it was to strick it off did no do so.
That she would send me updated receipts and zero balance letter and follow up till the $4230 on my sons account is struck off.
She has sent the above but no itemized bill that I would have to wait for a week before it comes.
As for the follow up interview I will not schedule until I get an all clear from the said account.

I believe a lot of us can learn from this
I will also keep you posted to the end.
Sorry for the very long post.
Love you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2018
Oleayo22:

Please whats wrong with Midas? I was thinking of using them.
My thoughts exactly. Pls torch light the matter o, before someone would enter one chance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 8:32am On Nov 16, 2018
POE in Boston is not friendly at all. Both times I've been there I've been sent to secondary inspection. Make sure you have your documents ready in case you're asked for them and also be prepared for a long wait at the POE(they have crazy long queues for scanning passports and CBP)

Also prepare yourself for a 221G interview in case you get called in.

Lucia95:
Hi everyone, I already have a US visa(tourist visa) I and my family have travelled and we are back....but I plan on renewing my visa next year and use it to go and give birth there...but am scared I will sent back..planning on going to Boston this time around cos wen we travelled early this year we went to new york....i don't know ow d poe will b in boston cos it will b my first time there....plz any ideas

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 8:41am On Nov 16, 2018
Lol...Boston is not for the faint hearted. Even my husband got sent to secondary inspection when he came on his own. On my recent trip..they held me so long I was literally crying out of frustration after a 24hr flight and a restless toddler. I was at the airport for 4hrs.

Shiebi:

Boston! Boston!! Boston!!!
I had a terrible experience in 2016. Those people scruuuuuuuutinised my soul at the secondary inspection office.

Ur case might be different dear.

D experience is still fresh in my mind, such that I, Shiebi will neva use that entry. Nada!!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ameera2018(f): 9:44am On Nov 16, 2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gurlnext2u: 11:37am On Nov 16, 2018
I’ve used Midas shipping twice. The first shipping was within Europe and the second was from the UK to Naija. I received all items intact. Maybe their services are no longer good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by asake85(f): 11:43am On Nov 16, 2018
Hello house, I have been looking forward to sharing this story as I have noticed everyone has been dull and panicking. My husband and I had our 221g interview this Saturday -10 Nov and we were granted our visas.

………… A bit of background.

In 2016, we got visas. In that interview, we stated our intention to birth our child. Fast forward 2018 we put in our passport for drop box in September but were invited for a 221g interview.

The first date we saw was in March 2019, then one fateful day, I checked the portal again and the closest date we got was Jan 21 which we selected immediately. Few days later we got a notification that the interview has been rescheduled to Jan 11 because Jan 21 was a public holiday in the US. Then again one faithful night we got another email that we had been rescheduled again to Nov 10 which was a shock as it fell on a Saturday.

On the date of the interview, my husband and I were both shocked to see the massive crowd at the embassy for our 8.30 appointment. The whole room was so crowded. When it was our turn a young lady probably in her early 20ties interviewed us.

VO: Hello good morning with a big smile, (she collects our passport and scans)
US: We are fine thank you!

VO: she responds after scanning our passports “so let’s see why you are asked to come for an interview- you had a baby in 2016, good thing you declared your intentions, so we just want to see your receipts to verify you made all your payments”

I already arranged all our receipts with zero balance receipt, I also got my hospital to give me a letter stating that I didn’t take any form of insurance or medic-aid.

I passed on the receipts to her.

VO: How much did you pay?
US: 10k for the birth and 130/per pre-natal visits, 241/sonogram

VO: do you have your itemized bill?

My husband and I were sceptical on taking the itemised bill along as we read here that some VO typically pick issues upon sighting itemised bill, but we still took it along.

DW: Yes! then I presented the itemised bill and she confirmed our zero balance on the itemised bill.

She then asked general questions on what we filled in our application as I have changed jobs since 2016 but still the same field.

VO: Will you be using medical serviced during your visit?
US: No! we will not be using medical services cos I am not pregnant at the moment (which is the truth)

(After she informed us that we’d be granted visa renewals, I wanted to ask, “what if I get pregnant before my visa expires, can I use this visa”. I just kept quiet before she will change her mind or start asking me for my great grandmother’s birth certificate……. LOL)

My observation:

All through our 1hr stay in the room;

1. A lot of people were refused, and a lot of people were granted
2. Majority of the people around me were for 221g interview or given birth or their spouse have given birth in the US.
3. At some point, I overheard one VO asking;
• “Do you have an idea how much it cost to birth in US?”, I guess the applicant stated a very low price that she paid.
• I also heard one VO stating that a particular Dr in Houston is on their investigation list for Medicare. He typically would go back to government for payments after charging patients low. The VO went ahead to request that the applicant should present her itemised bill.
(I MIGHT HAVE HEARD WRONGLY) smiley

Summarily, my advise to anyone intending to birth in America are
1. Be TRUTHFUL and pray for the grace of God and favour….
2. Be organised, arrange and label all your documents properly.
3. Stay away from cheap hospitals.
4. The VO while interviewing us checked a paper she pasted on her wall after I told her how much I paid. Then she nodded like that was a fair enough price.(MY OBSERVATION MIGHT BE WRONG)

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nana101: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2018
Looks like the hospital I used based on the cost, visit fee of 130 and the cost of sonogram. But they have increased to 15,000 now. Congratulations .

asake85:
Hello house, I have been looking forward to sharing this story as I have noticed everyone has been dull and panicking. My husband and I had our 221g interview this Saturday -10 Nov and we were granted our visas.

In 2016, we got visas. In that interview, we stated our intention to birth our child. Fast forward 2018 we put in our passport for drop box in September but were invited for a 221g interview.

The first date we saw was in March 2019, then one fateful day, I checked the portal again and the closest date we got was Jan 21 which we selected immediately. Few days later we got a notification that the interview has been rescheduled to Jan 11 because Jan 21 was a public holiday in the US. Then again one faithful night we got another email that we had been rescheduled again to Nov 10 which was a shock as it fell on a Saturday.

On the date of the interview, my husband and I were both shocked to see the massive crowd at the embassy for our 8.30 appointment. The whole room was so crowded. When it was our turn a young lady probably in her early 20ties interviewed us.

VO: she responds after scanning our passports “so let’s see why you are asked to come for an interview- you had a baby in 2016, good thing you declared your intentions, so we just want to see your receipts to verify you made all your payments”

I already arranged all our receipts with zero balance receipt, I also got my hospital to give me a letter stating that I didn’t take any form of insurance or medic-aid.

My husband and I were sceptical on taking the itemised bill along as we read here that some VO typically pick issues upon sighting itemised bill, but we still took it along.

DW: Yes! then I presented the itemised bill and she confirmed our zero balance on the itemised bill.

She then asked general questions on what we filled in our application as I have changed jobs since 2016 but still the same field.

US: No! we will not be using medical services cos I am not pregnant at the moment (which is the truth)

(After she informed us that we’d be granted visa renewals, I wanted to ask, “what if I get pregnant before my visa expires, can I use this visa”. I just kept quiet before she will change her mind or start asking me for my great grandmother’s birth certificate……. LOL)

My observation:

2. Majority of the people around me were for 221g interview or given birth or their spouse have given birth in the US.
• “Do you have an idea how much it cost to birth in US?”, I guess the applicant stated a very low price that she paid.
• I also heard one VO stating that a particular Dr in Houston is on their investigation list for Medicare. He typically would go back to government for payments after charging patients low. The VO went ahead to request that the applicant should present her itemised bill.

4. The VO while interviewing us checked a paper she pasted on her wall after I told her how much I paid. Then she nodded like that was a fair enough price.(MY OBSERVATION MIGHT BE WRONG)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jennymee(f): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hello everyone! I was denied visa in September and I have been trying to get a closer date but it hasn't been possible, luckily for me I saw a date for Nov 26th this afternoon but I could not key it down because I answered yes to the question have you "been refused visa in the last six months".Who has been in my shoes before? My due date is in March. Thank you all for keeping this group alive
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nwadikechi: 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2018
i think the VO might have thought that you will not have anyone to take care of you in case of an emergency during your stay.

heymama:
Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning

VO: Why are you going to the USA.
ME:To have my baby
VO: where in the USA are you going to
ME:California(Los Angels)
VO: How much is the cost
ME:Hospital is 3,000 doctor's fee is 1,200(I have a budget sheet detailing the cost- I brought it out to show but she said never mind). The total budget is a little above 10,000 though.
VO: Do you have family there
ME:No
VO: Why California
ME: That is where my doctor and hospital i have chosen to use is.
VO: How long do you intend to stay
ME: 8 weeks
VO: Where do you work
ME:*******(I brought out my letter from the bank, payslip; intended to pass it but she said never mind)
VO: How long have you been working
ME: 5 yrs
VO: Are you married
ME: Yes
VO: What does your husband do
ME: He is a business man; explains briefly the type of business
She didn't ask for any other document, no doctors correspondence then she said, sorry I won't be granting your VISA.......
Gave me the green paper. I had already seen her hands going to collect the paper so i didn't really hear all the grammar.
Please advise me; did I say anything wrong, and do you think I should reapply, with my husband and daughter this time?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hello house,
People with experience should shed light on this info please.
Is there any difference between itemized bill and zero balance letter?
On our zero balance letter, there is a list of services and drugs(medication) provided with the corresponding charges in dollars.
Is this the itemized bill?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
please can you post a copy of the itemised bill. pls you can cross out the private details. FTM here and i have been seeing people talk about it but i dont know what it looks like

asake85:

My observation:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:00am On Nov 17, 2018
@Hopegirlsworld

In-thread agency activities is not allowed here.

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.