Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164773 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 7:47am On Jan 18, 2018
I don't understand your response..

Roseey0:

Can't say if this one is still authentic.
Mk una no ban me o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FADEO: 10:39am On Jan 18, 2018
Wow this is nice, Part 6, this don turn to Season film.
Please I have a question from a friend, he returned in June with his wife from vacation in US, now the wife is pregnant, she want to go back to the US for child birth,

Do they have to send Letter of Intent to the Embassy and is the letter going to be handwritten or by mail to the embassy if need be?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babatwi: 10:59am On Jan 18, 2018
FADEO:
Please I have a question from a friend, he returned in June with his wife from vacation in US, now the wife is pregnant, she want to go back to the US for child birth,

Do they have to send Letter of Intent to the Embassy and is the letter going to be handwritten or by mail to the embassy if need be?

The change of intent letter has lost its value from what has been said here. But I'll still advice they send the letter because it seems to calm cbp officers down at poe. The letter is usually sent by email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 11:23am On Jan 18, 2018
[quote author=mom2015 post=64292001][/quote]

Of course she should reapply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 11:26am On Jan 18, 2018
mercylicious234:
Hi all,
My uncle, (grandma's youngest brother) is an MD of a hospital in California. He specializes in family practice.
I have not met nor communicated with him before but I intend to call him as I got his contact on internet. He has practiced there for over 40years. Left Naija before the war.

My question is, do you think his hospital births babies? I don't want to make a fool of myself. I want to call him and ask for a discount (not free). I have a place to stay in California, but heard the hospitals in California are expensive hence my interest in calling him for discount.

You can read about your uncles hospital and also call him. However, don't rely on him only, do your research and have options at hand that you can compare.

For example, add accommodation to medical bills at Texas, compare with what you are getting wherever, then decide.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
Too gbaski!!! Your head is there. #thumbsup
Zeenayah:
We know your type. No point.
I searched hospitals in new York on the thread, saw where Wyckoff heights medical center in new York was mentioned and I googled the hospital, found an email address on their site and sent an email.

Did I intend to go to New York to give birth? Not really but was I proactive about exploring my options.... Yes... and do I have about 20 other correspondences because I chose that approach? Yes... Do I feel more confident now that am travelling next week.. Yes. Does it mean I wont be turned back at POE? Nope End of... drops mic

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 12:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ramj Mrs safely tuck from the cold of the US after a wonderful and eventful trip from LOS to DOH to JFK... and Chi next
Details coming soon

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by okoji: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
What airlines are you all using?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2018
okoji:
What tickets are you using? Cheapest tickets for my dates so far around N500k.

where r you going and what are your dates
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by okoji: 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ramj:

where r you going and what are your dates

Houston
Travel dates June 16th to Aug 25th(flexible dates)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Unfelt: 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2018
I honestly dont think she needs to send a letter to the embassy seen as they have used the Visa for the purpose it was issued. However she should hve in her possession her Dr correspondence, Burden of proof e.t.c for her POE....

FADEO:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ikillmods: 6:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hi guys,

CAn anyone just tell me how much it costs or does it vary from one state the other.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2018
Please call your Uncle for these pieces of information.
mercylicious234:
Hi all,
My uncle, (grandma's youngest brother) is an MD of a hospital in California. He specializes in family practice.
I have not met nor communicated with him before but I intend to call him as I got his contact on internet. He has practiced there for over 40years. Left Naija before the war.

My question is, do you think his hospital births babies? I don't want to make a fool of myself. I want to call him and ask for a discount (not free). I have a place to stay in California, but heard the hospitals in California are expensive hence my interest in calling him for discount.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by VULCAN(m): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2018
Please find my transcript below.

DW and I arrived 9.45 thinking appointment was 10 whereas it was 8.30
Found out that wouldnt deny an appointment.
We were on the queue to see a female VO but I watched her strong face for 3 minutes and told my wife lets move to the next queue where the VO was a man with a loud voice.

VO: Hello, why are you here today
Me:My wife is pregnant with our first child and we would like her to deliver in US as it has the best medical services in the world. I said this with a smile.
VO: Why did you choose the US?
DW: I had a operation here a while back and the experience was rather traumatic. I wouldn't want to repeat such again. I prefer to travel out and get the best attention.
VO: Did you consider anywhere else? Us: No.
VO: But I can see you have been travelling to the UK, why not deliver there?
Me: I had a poor experience with their emergency services some years ago and that has soured my perspective of them
VO: But the US is like 13th globally in healthcare services. UK is far ahead of us. He said this with a very serious expression in his face and looking straight into my eyes.

I knew this was a pivotal moment and I felt like a boxer on the ropes, either I swung back now or we were gonna be knocked out so I blurted out passionately.

Me: "Yes, that is true for you who are citizens because you have to deal with the insurance challenges which doesn't occur in UK but for us here we don't have issues with insurance and just believe that the US has the best doctors and equipment in the world, we just carry our money, go there and come back". I could not tell if he was convinced as his eyes betrayed nothing. These VOs are poker players. I can usually read people like a book but couldn't tell if my response made any impact. I was sweating profusely especially on my back as he turned back to the screen.

VO: What is your budget?
Me: 26,000 USD, as I tried to reach in to bring out my budget sheet he signaled saying don't bother. All this while he has been typing furiously and I'm wondering what we have said that he is typing this volume of data.
VO: Why were you refused visa to .....
Me: I really dont know.
VO: What do you do?
We replied and gave him details.
VO: Will you accompany your wife on the trip? As he said this it was like a pressure valve was released in me. We are going to get it, I thought
Me: No but I will join her before the birth.
VO: I will be granting your visas.....as he said this my ears went deaf and I didnt hear anything again. He was looking at me and I was looking at him but I couldn't hear a word. I didn't even know the day he said I should collect the passports. I saw him reaching for a white paper and finally when my hearing was restored I heard him saying something about take note of the portion i leave uncrossed. He was crossing out a lot of stuff on the document. I said OK and we said thank you then walked outside and hugged each other like kids in the playground. No single document was asked for or tendered. God alone be praised. Halleluyah

MadameW:
Hi everyone, this platform has been of immense help to me; I’ve been studying like I have an exam to write. I had my interview at 10:45am on 11th January, 2018 (Lagos) and it was successful. Please note that this was my first attempt and I’ve not travelled outside Africa before. I went with my burden of proof and a truck load of prayers. I had been watching the guy that interviewed me and was silently praying not to be ushered to him because he was just rejecting everyone....alas! I was directed to this same guy. Here’s my transcript below:
Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning, passport please
Me: Sure (hands over my passport to him)
VO: why do you want to go to the US?
Me: to have my baby
VO: when is your EDD?

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aibisoye0: 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2018
Thanks. Gotten it already.

Roseey0:

Can't say if this one is still authentic.
Mk una no ban me o
I posted a pics containing the doc email address . I guess it's against the rules. The pics is hidden already. I will find the original post and refer you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2018
After months of preparations the D-day was here. Mrs Ramj and I got to the airport early enough to ensure early check in. And that's where the drama started.

We had done the 'needfuls'. We sent the Qatar airways MEDIF to losreservation@ng.qatarairways.com .

While she was waiting to be checked in her passport was collected to confirm the
MEDIF form was processed .

Next she was called to the Qatar airways office, I followed her and on getting there the story started. We didn't see your medical certificate form in the documents you sent. Immediately we opened the email correspondence. Initially wifey didn't send the medical certificate with the MEDIF form but she got a reply to send t and she sent both documents again.
As God would have it the lady who replied the first email was the one on seat.
She checked the system saw the second email and also confirmed that the email was received but "whoever" received it didn't process it.

To pile the matter on their head Ramj Mrs called that day and was told if she doesn't get any response from them that means she is cleared to fly .

And that was what happened when the missing document was not sent she got an email from them to resend which she did. After resending it we got only the generic response. To ensure we do our own due diligence we even tried calling the day before the flight but we were put on hold with no response for several minutes and we tried several times. But from the initial phone call we felt good to go.

Finally the lady was like what are we going to do now that no flight till next 6 days. My wife was direct and I don't think I ever saw her like that. We can't pay for your own error and she is not ready to miss this flight.
The lady left us and after much 'consultations' the matter was resolved locally. We were directed to Port Health, they did their assessment and gave us their certificate.
Off we went, DW was checked in and there was still enough time for a very emotional farewell.... ����

And off she went...... a 9hr+ flight to Doha and 2 hrs stop over....... Followed by a mini interview by a US official before boarding the onward journey to JFK Terminal 7.

To be continued....

Lesson Number 1 - Qatar airways is very strict with the MEDIF form and medical certificate being sent at least 2 days before your flight.

And when you do that make sure you get a response that it has been processed at least 2 days before your flight.

If not because this was their own error I bet you wifey would not have been allowed to fly.

Please call and email and call till you get a response even after sending the Forms. To be forewarned is to be ......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2018
okoji:

Houston
Travel dates June 16th to Aug 25th(flexible dates)

LOS to IAH 452k Qatar

ABV to IAH 569k Delta

check Travelstart.com.ng
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tinyan29: 12:17am On Jan 19, 2018
Maggiespecial:

It's not possible. I am going to New York to give birth and I am not going to spend more dan $12k (including flight tickets, doctor charges, feeding, accommodation etc.) kindly do ur research very well ooo
Please where in NYC?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by brooklyn20: 6:50am On Jan 19, 2018
So i had my baby on the 2nd of Jan through scheduled c-section @ hnwmc . Dr xydas. Everything went by quickly on that day. Before I knew it my baby was brought out weighing 9 pounds and I was back in the recovery room with my baby.
We were discharged 2days later. In all everything went well i thank God.

Dr xydas wasn't the one that took my delivery ,another doctor did( meet him just once during my antenatal visit ) . The nurses and everybody at the hospital were nice and friendly,also got some freebies like diaper,wipes,breast pump, nipple shield , few clothes.

Doc fees,hospt and anastetic fee was paid for on my first appointment date.
I got baby's Ssn a week later after delivery. Birth certificate too .babys amercican passport will be done when my husband arrive next week . My husband has also booked babys ticket (qatar airline) for # 53k

Yet to receive pedetrician bill during delivery. I have called them twice they said they don't have my details on their system. Dont know how to go about it yet.

Planning to get my zero balance when I go for postpartum visit next week.

In all it was a nice and wonderful experience ,which I'm grateful to God for. Everything went as prayed and planned for .my host is a wonderful woman,really going to miss her when I leave here.

Please any suggestion on how to sort out pedetrician bill
?

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 7:12am On Jan 19, 2018
http://punchng.com/photos-nigerian-banker-gives-birth-inside-plane-en-route-new-york/
Hey pips,have you guys seen the above. Hope she's not of us here o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by okoji: 8:15am On Jan 19, 2018
Ramj:

LOS to IAH 452k Qatar

ABV to IAH 569k Delta

check Travelstart.com.ng
Thanks, this is the range i got also. Still around 500k.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by okoji: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2018
Marylandmama i don't know how to access Nairaland PM. Got a notification from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zirochi: 9:14am On Jan 19, 2018
how does one send the letter for notification of intent for child birth in US is it via mail or......? Please can someone show me a sample of what the content of the letter should be
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kaakaa(f): 9:33am On Jan 19, 2018
dere5:
http://punchng.com/photos-nigerian-banker-gives-birth-inside-plane-en-route-new-york/
Hey pips,have you guys seen the above. Hope she's not of us here o

Wow.... mamas please leave early... baby can come 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after EDD....

Imagine after all this many planning and rigorous search, just to have your baby on the plane.... i feel for her.... but thank God they are both safe.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Marylandmama: 10:25am On Jan 19, 2018
okoji:
Marylandmama i don't know how to access Nairaland PM. Got a notification from you.

Wanted to give you info abt the flight price. Saw Qatar for 395k for 1 adult leaving from Lagos to IAH. Date is 16th June to 24th Aug. To reply my pm, just reply the mail or reply to the email address.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeenayah: 10:33am On Jan 19, 2018
Mail. Edit the sample below to suit your purpose.

Hello LagosNIV,

My wife and I re-applied for a Tourism/Medical Treatment (B2) sub-category of Visa last year and was granted a B1/B2 category Visa.
Our earlier application was to Visit Florida for holidays but due to unforeseen events, we conceived a child in the early part of the 2017 and had to cancel the trip to review our plans unfortunately.
However, we have now reviewed our plans and wish to have our baby in Illinois. Based on this plan, we contacted Mercy Hospital and Medical Center and St. Bernard Hospital and Health Care Center Chicago, Illinois and have been provided the attached bill which we can afford to make full payment upon arrival to the US without any default as we have made similar payments two years ago in Houston, Texas.

Moreover, we require your assistance on things we need to do before we leave Nigeria.
Attached is a copy of the bill we have received.
N.B: My spouse copied.

Send to lagosniv@state.gov.

I sent mine yesterday and they replied this morning with the generic response.
zirochi:
how does one send the letter for notification of intent for child birth in US is it via mail or......? Please can someone show me a sample of what the content of the letter should be
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by okoji: 10:42am On Jan 19, 2018
Marylandmama:

Wanted to give you info abt the flight price. Saw Qatar for 395k for 1 adult leaving from Lagos to IAH. Date is 16th June to 24th Aug. To reply my pm, just reply the mail or reply to the email address.
Thanks a million. You are a darling. How is Qatar airline like? Hope their services are good.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 11:32am On Jan 19, 2018
So Ramj Mrs' story continues

At Hamad Intl airport, after the usual screening while she was about to checked in she was directed to their US Official/Rep.

The Officer in Doha asked her the follow
Rep: Are you expecting?
DW: Yes
Rep: Where would you be having your baby
DW: Chicago
Rep: When is your EDD
DW: she replied
Rep: So that means you did not know you were pregnant before you applied
DW: No i wasn't pregnant when I applied.
Rep: Do you know you are entitled to Medicaid but you should not accept it. The hospital might try to convince you to accept it.
DW: Yes I do
Rep: How much do you have with you
DW: Huite mille $
Rep: Would that be enough
DW: Yes and additionally Ramj would be coming with more if needed.
Rep: okay
And off She went... A long but enjoyable 14 hours flight to the cold and snow JFK.

Part 2
Qatar airways flight QR 703 landed about 7:40am NY time.
After using the self check machine DW joined the queue with 4 people ahead of her. The CBP was pretty quick but as it got to her turn a new guy just arrived and to him she was directed.

CBP: You are expecting an American Citizen right?
Yes
CBP: what benefits are we giving you
Better healthcare and dual citizenship
CBP: who is your service provider
None I am self paid
CBP: you must have a service provider someone sponsoring you
I have no service provider, I am self paid

CBP: how much do you have with you
+++
CBP: Would that be okay and also for anaesthetic

DW: My bill is not up to this amount I have with me and my husband is coming with more if needed

CBP types for a while packs her documents and said follow me ..... To the inner room

In the inner room were 3 other officers and another Secondary inspection candidate a guy.

One of them said all these people coming for benefits. DW was getting scared at this point but she sat and waiting and praying

Wife was called and the guy asked what documents do you have for me

She gave him the burden of proof and he just counted it like money and said this does not hold anything - (Yeeepaaa A while NL inspired Burden of proof does not hold anything ) and returned the documents. DW was really scared at this point plus the guy didn't check it

Wife dey pray silently... which kind trouble be this.
Finally the questioning started

CBP: Is this your first baby
Yes
CBP: Who are you staying with
So so
CBP: Who is he to you
My husbands in law

CBP: Are you married
Yes

CBP: You came here last May
Yes
CbP: With who
My husband

CBP: Was it just 2 of u ( all this with a straight face and all the while just shaking his head like you don enter am today)

Yes

CBP: what do you do
I work at so so
CBP2 : what of your husband
He works as so so as soso
After all these ...... Glory to God

He took the stamp and GBAM....

Wife said thank you like 3 times the guy just lock up no response.
Either way God don do am you can keep the response.

All in all we give Glory to God for the safe passage.

Lesson Number 2 - Pray and be prepared irrespective of POE this was JFK...

It was tense hearing her testimony But in all don't panic, you have done nothing wrong, it's not easy but be bold and courageous then let your response Be Be consistent with the info you provided in your application and have details of precious entries if applicable.

Off to pick her bag to agric and the story still continues ...

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by QUEENBIZ: 11:38am On Jan 19, 2018
okoji:
Thanks a million. You are a darling. How is Qatar airline like? Hope their services are good.

Hi ma'am...Delta airline is having a good deal now. You can use google flight search to get a nice deal too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ess: 12:01pm On Jan 19, 2018
I beg what is the relationship between "you have been granted the visa" and temporary deafness? grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by okoji: 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2018
QUEENBIZ:

Hi ma'am...Delta airline is having a good deal now. You can use google flight search to get a nice deal too.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nalinisingh(f): 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2018
I was given b2 visa in Lagos today. My gist to come soon. All the standing up is tiring

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: onile1975 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.