Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165200 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 20, 2018
kaakaa:

Wow.... mamas please leave early... baby can come 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after EDD....

Imagine after all this many planning and rigorous search, just to have your baby on the plane.... i feel for her.... but thank God they are both safe.

ladeonas:

i dont think its a bad option, as long as the person gives birth in the US airways.
you have no bills to pay. just the review session. it would be like home birth.

my 2kobo

If pregnancy is low risk and all goes well...no issues...but no privacy sha ...imagine groaning in a plane full of people! shocked

She may still have some bills...ambulance to get her from airport to nearest hospital....and maybe a doctor to have a look at her and baby...

Money aside, thank God all went well...what if there was an emergency...

It's possible she travelled before 36 weeks and baby just came early....hhmmm....may God keep all mamas on their journeys and give us all safe delivery.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 76ta: 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
My hubby and I went for interview yesterday Friday 19th but prior to the date we prayed and he fasted like we never did before because we were denied Canada visa a week before,arranged all documents,and I read this platform like I had exams� the white guy was on white native with nice Fila on top forgot the color sef.

VO :Goodmorning

DH & I : Goodmorning with a smile we were both tired due to too much standing

VO: Why are u going to the US
Me: We are going for child birth and Vacation

VO: Who isn't applying?
Me: Our daughter

VO: she is a US citizen right
Me& DH : Yes

VO: When is your due date
Me: xx

VO: Will u be using the same doctor and hospital
Me: Yes

VO: How many weeks are u going for
Me&DH : 6weeks and 12 weeks

VO: Where will u be going
Me: Houston

VO: What do u do
DH: I am a Building Engineer (explains roles )

VO: Do u build for people or u build and sell
DH:Build for people but commercial and residential

VO:You own your company
DH:Yes

VO : What do u do
Me:I am a homemaker for now

VO: How long have u been married
DH:2yrs plus

VO: Where have u travelled too
DH: Dubai
Me :Saudi Arabia,U.K.,Dubai and US

VO: What did u go to Saudi Arabia for ?
Me : pilgrim

VO: salam aleikum(that's the only one I know)
Me: smiles Walekum Salam

VO: when did u have ur first child
Me: October 2015

VO: let me have Your old passports and statement of account
Me:passes it

VO: flip through and returned them do u have ur Zero balance for the previous birth
Me:Yes trying to get it in the envelope and he said no I just want to know if u have it.

VO: The last time u were in the US u spent 6month
Me: Yes (I was really scared cus I went early didn't know u can declare child birth my heartbeat went high like ehen ehen u hv enter it. but I didn't over stay)

VO :look at his system for a long while and started typing for so long then ask who did u apply with the other time
Me: My mum DH said we were not married as the time she applied and didn't apply when she was there cus of work.

VO: Type ooooooooooo., then ask DH have u ever been arrested before
DH :No (for my mind I was like oga which one is arrest again)
Meanwhile DH and daughter just dey play in front of VO ,VO :how are u?my daughter said fine and continues playing

VO: have u ever made mistake of date Of Birth on your passport ? directing question to hubby
DH. No

VO: putting the passport together and said congratulations I will be issuing your visa u will receive a text message and email on when to pick up ur visa.
Us : thank u with a big smile

VO: always take along your Zero balance and other necessary documents when going Into the Us
We :Alright

All Thanks to God.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2018
dora2007:
Someone said they give accommodation when there's a long layover. Ever heard of that or anyone with experienced such as this?

[q1uote author=beautyuche post=64363834]

Hi this price is lovely however every time I try to book a flight on delta it keeps giving me an error message how do I over come this?

Please help. My destination is houston from lagos departure 28 Feb arrival 5th may. Qatar air seem good but for the long layover.

Thanks

the calling Delta Airline Nigeria office. they should be able to assist.
Some of these US airlines don't allow Payment via Naija card. hence the error
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2018
beautyuche:

Hi this price is lovely however every time I try to book a flight on delta it keeps giving me an error message how do I over come this?

Please help. My destination is houston from lagos departure 28 Feb arrival 5th may. Qatar air seem good but for the long layover.

Thanks

Yeah Qatar provides complimentary hotels but it's not applicable for Promo tickets.

You can call their Nigeria office to double check or send am email to this

NB: All Complimentary Hotel (STPC) request must be sent to  losstpc@ng.qatarairways.com hence request may not be processed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kafcakes: 10:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
That's not what the story said, they said she travelled a week to her edd, so I'm guessing 38/39weeks...You are still very right though.
mamaron:

If pregnancy is low risk and all goes well...no issues...but no privacy sha ...imagine groaning in a plane full of people! shocked

She may still have some bills...ambulance to get her from airport to nearest hospital....and maybe a doctor to have a look at her and baby...

Money aside, thank God all went well...what if there was an emergency...

It's possible she travelled before 36 weeks and baby just came early....hhmmm....may God keep all mamas on their journeys and give us all safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by passionantchica: 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2018
Hi Bidrozey.
Can you please share how you booked the flight? I haven't been able to book any flight originating from Nigeria.
Thank you.

bidrozey:

True. Got a return ticket yesterday night for 362,000
Lagos..Newark
Stop over.. Atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 21, 2018
kafcakes:
That's not what the story said, they said she travelled a week to her edd, so I'm guessing 38/39weeks...You are still very right though.

Oops...my bad!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by creamynuela88: 6:22am On Jan 21, 2018
AroOkigbo:

California is a very large state. You need to narrow down on your search.
DW is giving birth mid-Feb in the Valencia area.
We went last month. ..she needed to continue her antenatal plus it's her first time in the US (needed her to get used to the windy and cold environment).
Putting up with my family friend (because we travelled with our last baby) and my former classmate who's wife's also expecting.
The fees for cash patients are moderate. ..Dr- $2.5k, antenatal- $200 per visit, Hospital- $3.5k normal (1 to 2 days) and above $5k for CS, scan- $300, Epidural- $500 (my wife isn't interested, our first baby was without it) and Anaesthetic- $800.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by rinzaugustine: 6:23am On Jan 21, 2018
johnkent:
Please what is the procedure for applying for a nigerian visa from here

For a Nigerian passport, you’ll have to fly to the consulate in New York or Washington DC.
I would recommend applying for an expedited Nigerian visa instead.
Please what is the procedure for applying for nigerian visa from here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Roseey0(f): 7:17am On Jan 21, 2018
rinzaugustine:
Please what is the procedure for applying for nigerian visa from here
See first page
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thridbaby: 8:20am On Jan 21, 2018
I hope this American Government shutdown will not have negative impacts on visa applicant this week ooo. Abeg my interview is this week ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 76ta: 9:56am On Jan 21, 2018
kennyliza:
Hello wonderful people,

I am Oakbend, Houston bound from March to may, please I need your help in respect of accommodation.

I have been surfing on airbnb but still d prices are not so friendly and one can not vouch that your host will be good self...

I need suggestion of places to stay that can accommodate 3 people - I,hubby,mother in law, that is affordable( My MIL suggested a 1 BD with a sofa bed house,no cummunal sharing) and close to oakbend hospital and a mall.

This is not my father's land,abeg, don't want to return to tell stories that touch d heart due to accommodation issue.

Thanks for d anticipated response.

I will also appreciate suggestions especially from those that have used oakbend medical center before.

Please u can PM me for a recommended place/host, thanks

Please have u gotten a place yet cus I am also searching for a place may to July me ,my toddler and hubby please in case u have any link please pm me. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
76ta:
My hubby and I went for interview yesterday Friday 19th but prior to the date we prayed and he fasted like we never did before because we were denied Canada visa a week before,arranged all documents,and I read this platform like I had exams� the white guy was on white native with nice Fila on top forgot the color sef.

VO: flip through and returned them do u have ur Zero balance for the previous birth
Me:Yes trying to get it in the envelope and he said no I just want to know if u have it.

Me: Yes (I was really scared cus I went early didn't know u can declare child birth my heartbeat went high like ehen ehen u hv enter it. but I didn't over stay)

VO :look at his system for a long while and started typing for so long then ask who did u apply with the other time
Me: My mum DH said we were not married as the time she applied and didn't apply when she was there cus of work.

Meanwhile DH and daughter just dey play in front of VO ,VO :how are u?my daughter said fine and continues playing

VO: have u ever made mistake of date Of Birth on your passport ? directing question to hubby
DH. No

VO: putting the passport together and said congratulations I will be issuing your visa u will receive a text message and email on when to pick up ur visa.

VO: always take along your Zero balance and other necessary documents when going Into the Us

All Thanks to God.

Congratulation. Pls can u come on the canadian visit visa thread and give u timeline and reason of refusal of ur canadian visa application. It will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Budding: 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hello my good people........

......Please I need help from mums who have used HNWMC. As per accommodation..where was most affordable for you to stay/ and please how did you go about it...it's urgent..am due to travel March and would prefer an apartment and have tried airbnb but their prices are unfriendly..then hotels/accomodatiom the hospital recommended too are not flowing well with me.. so decided to bring it here and get first hand info from my senior mums who have gone before me......
....Thank you Thank You in anticipation..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
Thridbaby:
I hope this American Government shutdown will not have negative impacts on visa applicant this week ooo. Abeg my interview is this week ooo

UNITED STATES VISA APPOINTMENTS TO HOLD DESPITE GOVT SHUTDOWN

United States visa processes across the world may not be disrupted following government shut down at the stroke of midnight Friday.

All but the most essential operations of the US government are affected including the one-year anniversary of President Donald Trump’s inauguration.

There were fears that all US offices overseas handling visa issuance and federal regulatory agencies, including those overseeing grants and contracts will remain closed while the shutdown lasts.

However, the spokesman of the US Embassy in Abuja, Russell Brooks, told The Nation last night scheduled visa appointments would hold.

He said: The State Department has informed the public on travel.state.gov that scheduled passport and visa services in the United States and at posts overseas will continue during the lapse on appropriations as the situation permits.

Earlier yesterday a State Department official said:

“We are expected to still show up for work on Monday and figure it out from there,”

In an email sent to State Department employees Friday morning, acting Director General William Todd said: “a number of government activities would cease due to a lack of appropriated funding, and that a number of employees would be temporarily furloughed,” if a government shutdown were to occur.

He did not specify which activities would stop or which employees should stay home next week.

Heather Nauert, a spokesperson for the State Department, on Thursday said that the department had yet to make any decisions about which services it could provide during a shutdown but that “we will be prepared for all contingencies.”

The shutdown was sparked by the Senate rejection of a short-term spending bill to keep the federal government running.

A few Republicans joined Democrats in blocking the crucial measure, which would have provided short-term funding for the Pentagon and other federal agencies.

The bill to fund the government until February 16 did not receive the required 60 votes.

The Senate voted 50-48 to block the stopgap funding measure.

The short-term spending bill was passed by the House on Thursday.

This is part of the Democrats strategy to force President Trump and the Republicans to negotiate with them on illegal immigrants who are facing deportation.

Trump, in a series of tweets, accused the Democrats of being more concerned with illegal immigrants than the country’s armed forces and “holding the military hostage over their desire to have unchecked illegal immigration”.

Spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said the Democrats’ insistence that the interim measure include protection for undocumented immigrants who arrived as children killed the deal.

“Senate Democrats own the Schumer Shutdown,” she declared, referring to the minority leader, New York Senator Chuck Schumer, who met with Trump earlier Friday.

“Tonight, they put politics above our national security, military families, vulnerable children, and our country’s ability to serve all Americans.”

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Biodun1234: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please were you allowed to take your daughter inside the visa office despite that she isn't applying because she is a citizen.
76ta:

DH. No

All Thanks to God.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
hello Mamas and Papas that have used SouthWest Airline in the US

I have a questions about their baggage policy, the 2 free bags that they allow is it 50lbs each or both bags not more than 50lbs.

***modified***

We got it answered 2 bags 50lbs (22.68kg) each.

thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by julzz(f): 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Renewed visa via dropbox, flew virgin Atlantic with my toddler to L.A on the 15th Jan fit to fly was requested at mma, had a 21hr layover so when I got to heathrow I headed to the no 1 hotel was told 90gbp from 9pm-6am, someone here had said she paid 50gbp so I decided to proceed to terminal 4 (I landed at terminal 3) cos I learnt there's a hotel via a walk way there, when I got there it turned out I had to pass thru immigration to get there, the queue was long I was directed to the front cos of my condition but the lady told I had to exit from terminal 3 where I landed and take a bus back to terminal 4, I was really tired already got back to terminal 3 but didn't even have the power to go and pass immigration again so decided to have dinner and head back to the no 1 hotel like that since their check in was by 9pm, when I got back there I was they were fully booked I almost cried cos I just wondered how I was going to manage with my toddler i just put myself together, the airport shorts down at 10pm, luckily I had a blanket with me cos it was cold,my toddler played and later slept and I covered him, after sometime all overnight passengers where moved to gate 24 to stay and we were moved back before 5am, I just went to the family restroom,freshened up, brushed teeth and changed clothes then back to the waiting area, had breakfast and later discovered a kids play area really nice, they put eyes on your kids and even have where you can nap, so rested till my flight time. Fast forward to L.A, virgin Atlantic have there own terminal it is kinda small and there wasn't crowd, used the self service machine collected print out and proceeded to cbp -
Cpb - what brings you here
Me - have my baby and sight see while waiting
Cpb - oh! Do you have a dr
Me- yes mentioned his name
Cpb - what do you do
Me - unemployed but sell female stuffs on a small scale
Cpb - who's paying
Me - my husband is my sponsor
Cpb - what do he do
Me - bleep
( asked his colleague something then stamps me in he was acting kinda not sure what to do)
Picked my luggage walk about 1min to agric I guess
Cpb 2 - asked if I had meat,vegetables blah blah
Me - No
Cpb 2 - while looking at me why are you here
Me - to have a baby
Cbp 2 - did you inform them at the embassy
Me - yes
Cpb 2 - how much do you have with you
Me - $8000
Cpb 2- that's not going to cover
Me - the quote I got it's going to cover
Cpb 2 -it's going to cost over $10,000
Me - I am a self pay so I get some kinda discount paying cash , if I was using insurance then it's gonna cost me more, my husband is also going to be joining me before I'm due
Cbp 2 - you had him here (my toddler) and you are here to have another?
Me - yes
Cpb 2 - why here
Me - the care I received when I had my first child was exceptional and I wouldn't want to trade the experience
Cpb 2 - who paid the bills
Me - I did
Cpb 2 - can I have your zero balance
Me - gave them to him
Cpb2 - looks through and steps out to call another
(He wasn't just buying the idea I guess)
Cpb 3 - asked where I had my first baby
Me - Texas
Cpb 3 - asked what my husband does
Me - bleep
Cbp 3 - oh that explains why Texas, where will you be staying
Me- a rented apartment
Cbp 3 - signals him to let me go and keep receipts for this birth as I did with my first

In all it took kinda 10mins. My host was like at the other terminal where every other flight lands they have been really holding pregnant women for hours before release and they sent one back because they found out they were collecting benefits for there daughter( which she wasn't aware of) that it was a public charge so he had no say he actually went in the holding area. Please ignore typos

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
Springdance:

Also try airbnb.com, type Walter carrington in the search
AirbnB in Nigeria... please be sure of this option. Anyone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 8:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
Springdance:

Also try airbnb.com, type Walter carrington in the search
AirbnB in Nigeria... please be sure of this option. Anyone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Brownshoogah(f): 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
julzz:
Renewed visa via dropbox, flew virgin Atlantic with my toddler to L.A on the 15th Jan fit to fly was requested at mma, had a 21hr layover so when I got to heathrow I headed to the no 1 hotel was told 90gbp from 9pm-6am, someone here had said she paid 50gbp so I decided to proceed to terminal 4 (I landed at terminal 3) cos I learnt there's a hotel via a walk way there, when I got there it turned out I had to pass thru immigration to get there, the queue was long I was directed to the front cos of my condition but the lady told I had to exit from terminal 3 where I landed and take a bus back to terminal 4, I was really tired already got back to terminal 3 but didn't even have the power to go and pass immigration again so decided to have dinner and head back to the no 1 hotel like that since their check in was by 9pm, when I got back there I was they were fully booked I almost cried cos I just wondered how I was going to manage with my toddler i just put myself together, the airport shorts down at 10pm, luckily I had a blanket with me cos it was cold,my toddler played and later slept and I covered him, after sometime all overnight passengers where moved to gate 24 to stay and we were moved back before 5am, I just went to the family restroom,freshened up, brushed teeth and changed clothes then back to the waiting area, had breakfast and later discovered a kids play area really nice, they put eyes on your kids and even have where you can nap, so rested till my flight time.

Hello @julzz

Does this mean that immigration will let you pass through to the hotel via the walk way without hassle?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by julzz(f): 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
Brownshoogah:

Hello @julzz

Does this mean that immigration will let you pass through to the hotel via the walk way without hassle?

Before I was moved to the front I was asked what passport I held I said Nigerian then my son I said American, then he told me to go front but I donno if my sons passport has anything to do with it, shebi they said they can let you in if your layover is 12hrs and above and have a US visa so just try when you get there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bidrozey: 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
passionantchica:
Hi Bidrozey.
Can you please share how you booked the flight? I haven't been able to book any flight originating from Nigeria.
Thank you.

Pls use Travelstart. You can't book Delta Airline from Nigeria .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 9:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
Brownshoogah:

Hello @julzz

This should help

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/transit-visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Brownshoogah(f): 9:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
Thanks @@julzz and @ ramj
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Springdance: 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ramj:

AirbnB in Nigeria... please be sure of this option.
Anyone

Airbnb is available in Lagos with reviews. Go to airbnb.com type Victoria island, Lagos or lekki or Yaba or where ever you want.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.