Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162369 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2019
irynterri:
thanks a lot, will my kids become citizens of Canada if I birth them there or has the rule been changed?

Yes, your children will become Canadian citizens if you birth them in Canada regardless of parents status.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FADEO: 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
JMarines:

Hi,
Julie said same thing to me but I hesitated.
She eventually sent the soft copies to me within an hour as an encrypted message using Baracuda.
Check your email, I will forward mine to you.

Thank you, she has sent me the itemized bill. Now i see what all the visa denial is about. And I think there is something shady with Oakbend medical center. I have sent her a mail to give me procedures and modalities on how to pay the discount stated due to self pay as they claim. Just does not sound logical that am to pay 12K dollar and am only paying $3K because am self or cash pay. Please if anyone has paid the discount back please kindly share your procedure here. We are not planning for any missionary journey but in case of a cross posting by my organization. i dont want to have this issue of visa denial. Thank you all.

Hope to read from someone that has paid the discount back before.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
[quote author=FADEO post=76223989]

Thank you, she has sent me the itemized bill. Now i see what all the visa denial is about. And I think there is something shady with Oakbend medical center. I have sent her a mail to give me procedures and modalities on how to pay the discount stated due to self pay as they claim. Just does not sound logical that am to pay 12K dollar and am only paying $3K because am self or cash pay. Please if anyone has paid the discount back please kindly share your procedure here. We are not planning for any missionary journey but in case of a cross posting by my organization. i dont want to have this issue of visa denial. Thank you all.

Hope to read from someone that has paid the discount back before.

[/quote
Good day mamas
Please I want to understand something,dose it mean that any body with discount it is automatic refusal of visa. Because am preparing for my interview.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by obiwankenobi: 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2019
dere5:

1) I can't really say which is cheaper between USA & Canada
2) visa fee is $160 each, which should be approximately around 58k each in naira
3) I don't think 3 Million naira total budget will do it, cause that's less than $10k
4) You don't need to have travelled before, people have gotten visas here on virgin passport

20k is more like it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
Please I used Houston North West Medical Centre in 2017. I did drop box but was invited to 221g interview.Please has anyone who used HNMC renewed successfully between 2017 and now..Please help o as my bill is like 7k in all....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
Did u use CS, cos I know it’s cheaper,
Just pray for luck cos HNMC, Oakbend, Westhouston is red flag
BOmum:
Please I used Houston North West Medical Centre in 2017. I did drop box but was invited to 221g interview.Please has anyone who used HNMC renewed successfully between 2017 and now..Please help o as my bill is like 7k in all....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2019
Please is there anyone who has birthed in the US and went again for interview on birthing purpose and was given visa,
Pls identify urself and share ur success story
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by obiwankenobi: 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2019
Nonkala:
Did u use CS, cos I know it’s cheaper,
Just pray for luck cos HNMC, Oakbend, Westhouston is red flag

Na wa o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2019
Its well o...but i got the letter from HNWMC stating i did not use any form of insurance and miracle moment is for everyone who is self.pay..Please mums that have renewed after using HNWMC or with bills 7k there about kindly share your story biko i beg you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FADEO: 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
booked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dami20: 8:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hi nairalanders mums and Dad
Pls I need ur advise , am currently pregnant and traveling to USA for delivery. I want my 1st child to come over on visit when school is on Easter holiday has she as not travelled to USA before
I won't be around for her interview so my husband will b taking her.
Now this is where I need advise
I gave birth to her while studying in d U.K. 2008, was a single mum till I married in 2014, ( I have a court shown affidavit stating am solely responsible for her up keep) I don't know d whereabouts of her biological father as in all U.K. Visa applications I leave the father information blank even in d documentation of her Nigerian passport father's information is blank.
When I applied for USA visa birthing purpose in 2016 I and my husband where asked if he had adopted her and we said yes . Reason was that we were already considering it. After the interview I went to d appropriate ministry to start the process and was told that since the father is a Nigerian I need a letter from my child's biological father as long as he is still alive or from his family stating they agree to d adoption.
This put me in a very sad emotional touture as it reminded me of what I went through in that relationship and how so hard I tried then to exterblish a relationship between the father and child while I was in U.K. And even wen I came back to Nigeria.
Also at some point in Nigeria Due to the way school educate kids I noticed in my child's exam booklet she had a great score but left a particular answer blank so I checked d question and it writes what is the duty of a father. I realized she didn't know cos I was doing very thing as a single mum.
At that point I spoke to few elderly people who advised in Nigeria law that the man owns d child. I went through d pain travelled to lagos to locate where his mother lives after hours of searching d area I eventually located it but she travelled out of d country. Collected her Neighbour's contact , came back to abuja and kept calling just to b able to reach her. After 2 months of continued calls I was able to speak to her, told her I let my child talk to her grandma for the first time and after giving d phone back to me she said I should never call her again that when d child grows will look for her father.
That day I wept bitterly cos her son never denied d pregnancy, I wasn't contacting cos I needed money or for they to take care of d child. I was doing so cos of d society we live in Nigeria.
That was d only day my child saw me break down in tears and on that day I vowed not to contact his mum again as for him I don't even know his whereabout.
Am sorry my mail is so long but I believe you need to have a true picture to b able to advise me properly.
I have filled my child's USA visa visa form using b1 and where father's information was asked ini didn't fill it. It's my husband sponsoring my child's trip so pls where it's asked for sponsor will I fill in parent? And if asked about d adoption what would my husband's response b as I will not b there with them during d interview.

Thanks you so much will b waiting to read from u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 10:56am On Mar 01, 2019
JMarines:

Thanks dear.
Will call Houston Methodist.
Memorial Herman don’t do non-discounted bill.
I pleaded and pleaded. They say it’s same rate across board for everyone.

Where u able to call them what is their bill like ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Grubsk: 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
After my letter of intent wahala with Nigeria Embassy and dropping off my new correspondence as requested by the VO I waited for their email or response nothing came in; on the 14th of February I left for my MJ; POE JFK with Delta; Arrived early hours the next day and here is my Transcript.

VO: Hello ma can I have your passport
ME: sure
VO: what are you here for
ME: have my baby and tourism
VO: have you been to the US before now and when
ME: Yes and last year gave him date
VO: where will you be staying, do you have a correspondence with the hospital and how much do you have on you?
ME: I gave him all the answer
VO: He said okay I should give him a minute ( he spoke to his colleague and next thing he ask me to follow him to the other room; where he dropped my document and another VO took it and he ask me to wait)
New VO called me
VO: hello what’s the name of the hospital you intend to use for childbirth?
ME: st Mary’s New Jersey
VO: where will you be staying ?
ME: gave him the address
VO: how much do you have on you
ME: told him
VO: Make sure to get all your receipts from the hospital and obgyn; when next you visit the US we will definitely want to have a look at it.
Stamped my visa for 6 months and handed me back my passport and told me safe delivery and do enjoy your stay.
ME: took my passport; thanked him and left.

Before I got out my bags were already waiting for me with all the plenty food stuff I carried I wasn’t check and I carried my bags and left the airport.

Meanwhile 2 days ago I got a call from US embassy asking me where I want them to submit my document for pickup and I told them and next thing I got an email asking me to go pick up my document from DHL office. Me that have landed obodo oyibo since�.

Am hoping to get every letter stating that I wasn’t given any discount while am here to avoid stories that touches the heart later.

Sorry for the long epistle

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Elo2020(f): 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2019
Elo2020:

Update; i still haven’t been contacted by the Embassy. Pls what can i do about the situation?

Update: i got a text & mail from US Embassy today stating that I should pick up my passport & documents from the DHL pickup office.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ulio(f): 7:30pm On Mar 01, 2019
hello house. Please can someone direct me to the page with info on how to check SSN compromise. tnx

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omofranca(f): 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2019
BOmum:
Its well o...but i got the letter from HNWMC stating i did not use any form of insurance and miracle moment is for everyone who is self.pay..Please mums that have renewed after using HNWMC or with bills 7k there about kindly share your story biko i beg you

There you go. Straightforward, hardworking self pay mums who got substantial discounts from their hospitals and paid less than 10k, please continue to impress it on the VOs that you did not use govt. assistance or medicaid. Some are probably just looking for excuses to deny visas. It has been stated here that other women from other countries who got those same discounts are not given any stress at embassies so it seems it's just Nigerians that are targeted. It's even a form of desperation to be 'paying back' or asking to 'pay back' discounts. It's also a reaction to our overflooding and rushing cheap hospitals mentioned here instead of doing your own research. Pls if u're rich enough to pay labor & delivery bills of 30,000k & above, pls quietly go ahead to states like NC and the likes without giving a bad name to hospitals who discount the bills of out of pocket/self pay people.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by IyawoToBe(f): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2019
dami20:
Hi nairalanders mums and Dad
Pls I need ur advise , am currently pregnant and traveling to USA for delivery. I want my 1st child to come over on visit when school is on Easter holiday has she as not travelled to USA before
I won't be around for her interview so my husband will b taking her.
Now this is where I need advise
I gave birth to her while studying in d U.K. 2008, was a single mum till I married in 2014, ( I have a court shown affidavit stating am solely responsible for her up keep) I don't know d whereabouts of her biological father as in all U.K. Visa applications I leave the father information blank even in d documentation of her Nigerian passport father's information is blank.
When I applied for USA visa birthing purpose in 2016 I and my husband where asked if he had adopted her and we said yes . Reason was that we were already considering it. After the interview I went to d appropriate ministry to start the process and was told that since the father is a Nigerian I need a letter from my child's biological father as long as he is still alive or from his family stating they agree to d adoption.
This put me in a very sad emotional touture as it reminded me of what I went through in that relationship and how so hard I tried then to exterblish a relationship between the father and child while I was in U.K. And even wen I came back to Nigeria.
Also at some point in Nigeria Due to the way school educate kids I noticed in my child's exam booklet she had a great score but left a particular answer blank so I checked d question and it writes what is the duty of a father. I realized she didn't know cos I was doing very thing as a single mum.
At that point I spoke to few elderly people who advised in Nigeria law that the man owns d child. I went through d pain travelled to lagos to locate where his mother lives after hours of searching d area I eventually located it but she travelled out of d country. Collected her Neighbour's contact , came back to abuja and kept calling just to b able to reach her. After 2 months of continued calls I was able to speak to her, told her I let my child talk to her grandma for the first time and after giving d phone back to me she said I should never call her again that when d child grows will look for her father.
That day I wept bitterly cos her son never denied d pregnancy, I wasn't contacting cos I needed money or for they to take care of d child. I was doing so cos of d society we live in Nigeria.
That was d only day my child saw me break down in tears and on that day I vowed not to contact his mum again as for him I don't even know his whereabout.
Am sorry my mail is so long but I believe you need to have a true picture to b able to advise me properly.
I have filled my child's USA visa visa form using b1 and where father's information was asked ini didn't fill it. It's my husband sponsoring my child's trip so pls where it's asked for sponsor will I fill in parent? And if asked about d adoption what would my husband's response b as I will not b there with them during d interview.

Thanks you so much will b waiting to read from u.

I know someone in a similar situation but guess what she did? She changed the children's surname to her husband's. Her story is just a bit different because she was actually married to the man and they had 2 kids together before he ran off with another woman. She remarried another man who was divorced and willing to accept the two kids as his. They all relocated to Canada 3 years ago.

I know it's not lawful, but you cannot hold down an innocent child because of the circumstances of her birth.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blank(f): 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2019
IyawoToBe:
I know someone in a similar situation but guess what she did? She changed the children's surname to her husband's. Her story is just a bit different because she was actually married to the man and they had 2 kids together before he ran off with another woman. She remarried another man who was divorced and willing to accept the two kids as his. They all relocated to Canada 3 years ago.

I know it's not lawful, but you cannot hold down an innocent child because of the circumstances of her birth.

Unfortunately, it is too late for her to go that route. It can only work if she hadn't already presented those documents at the embassy. Also, the birth certificate cannot be changed. What she has to do is to make the adoption legal. If it's not possible to do that then her husband has to have legal guardianship over the child. Having the child go to the embassy with her husband who is not the baby's daddy is a very risky play.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mgbocha: 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
Marylandmama:

Maryland hardly gives discount. .. They gave me just 1% discount which is less than $20. I noticed the VO kept on checking the bottom of the itemized bill to see if there was any significant discount .

Can't say if ur discount is too much.. . But I can tell you that they frown at low medical bills aand huge discount.

Hi Marylandmama, I tried to inbox you via your profile but we aren't connected. Pls can you inbox me your email or phone number pls. I Am going for my 2nd missionary journey and would like to change location as my first was in houston and this their discount drama is giving me headache. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kaakaa(f): 10:24pm On Mar 01, 2019
Hello all, Congratulations on all the mothers that just put to birth and safe delivery to those yet to....

Please can any body returning soon help me bring back 2 textbooks, please.... I don’t mind paying for excess luggage. Both are about 3kg.... please any mum coming back should kindly assist me, am buying them from Amazon and they will deliver it directly to you in exactly 2 days, please kindly help me out please o,.... Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Madriel: 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2019
So I arrived Atlanta Poe January ending with hubby and toddler at 34 weeks pregnant.

Questions directed at hubby:

How long do you plan on staying?
For about a week but wife and child will stay 3months.

What do you do for a living?
Hubby tells him.

What does your wife do? Does she work.
Yes and he tells him where I work.

He says to me, put your fingers here for prints. Stamps us in.

Nothing more was asked. I had been so prepared to show him my 10k dollars, medical info and all but nothing.

Entry was a breeze. Thank God

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Madriel: 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2019
You don't need fit to fly on air France. It is clearly stated on their website. I flew at 34weeks and no questions were asked.

isysleek:
Thank God for you. Please I'm also using Air France. Did you get fit to fly from your doctor in Nigeria to show to the airline? Also does Air France have a format for fit to fly? Thank you.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
Madriel:
You don't need fit to fly on air France. It is clearly stated on their website. I flew at 34weeks and no questions were asked.

Abuja people will send you to Port Health crew however
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Time2Smile(m): 4:53am On Mar 02, 2019
kaakaa:
Hello all, Congratulations on all the mothers that just put to birth and safe delivery to those yet to....

Please can any body returning soon help me bring back 2 textbooks, please.... I don’t mind paying for excess luggage. Both are about 3kg.... please any mum coming back should kindly assist me, am buying them from Amazon and they will deliver it directly to you in exactly 2 days, please kindly help me out please o,.... Thank you.
How soon is soon.? I am not returning from childbirth but I might be able to help you. Also, in which city are you going to collect it in Nigeria?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by musspuss: 7:53am On Mar 02, 2019
I also plan to use either of the hosoitals. When are you travelling and any success with accommodation yet?

quote author=mamsiey post=74971918]Hello house, I need a good accommodation recommendation in Atlanta area. I’ll be using either Emory/Northside hospital [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by kaakaa(f): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2019
Time2Smile:

How soon is soon.? I am not returning from childbirth but I might be able to help you. Also, in which city are you going to collect it in Nigeria?

Thank you very much, as soon as a weeks time..... since it takes 2 days to get to you, anybody coming back in 3 days time till Sunday 10th will be great.... I stay in Port Harcourt, and can collect it from any state in Nigeria.... Please do help me.... Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Time2Smile(m): 9:14am On Mar 02, 2019
kaakaa:

Thank you very much, as soon as a weeks time..... since it takes 2 days to get to you, anybody coming back in 3 days time till Sunday 10th will be great.... I stay in Port Harcourt, and can collect it from any state in Nigeria.... Please do help me.... Thank you
Oh, Can't do it by the 10th. I can get it to Nigeria about a week after that. Pick up in Lagos.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nonkala: 9:41am On Mar 02, 2019
Pls for those dt their visas were approved, how many days did U get it
And for those dt their passports went for administrative processing, how long did it take.

Am far gone but considering reapplying, does the USA embassy grant request of expedited interview date and how soon.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerrr: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2019
Just thought I'd share my POE story too - I arrived in Hawaii with a friend two weeks ago at 36w + 4d. I was asked the standard questions - what is the purpose of your visit, how long will you stay, where will you stay etc. I answered that I came for vacation and childbirth. The guy asked why and I replied that I had a good doctor here. He then asked where I was planning to give birth and how I would be paying for it and I mentioned the hospital name and explained what cash and cards I had with me to cover the costs. I had proof of it all but he did not ask to see anything, just took my prints, stamped me in and wished me luck. Very smooth and friendly thank god. Hoping everyone travelling soon has a similar experience. Now for the birth...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.