Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163596 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
Yes and attach all the requirements. PM me if you need further assistance. Stay blessed
Oleayo22:

Should I resend the email again or wait till the week am meant to travel. W
What do you think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vanekj: 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2019
Leez29:
Hello Mommas , hope everyone is doing fine. My trip went on quite smoothly - came in through JFK from Lagos with airfrance . Then took Delta flight to Elpaso through Atlanta, it was quite a tirey journey but glad I went through JFK .
My visa had expired but I dint do Dropbox as I saw from this thread that most people got called for interview so I quietly donated myself for a fresh interview without dropbox to save time and stories .
Using Doctoresparati letter (same I used in 2015 when I had my son) I applied with my sister (since am going with my son and will need help) but she was rejected. So I was scarred to apply for my mum cos of someones experience here as well.
My mum's visa was approved no much question only asked why she was going , my visa page, how many kids and grandkids she had.
When we got to JFK, I showed the officers my son America passport and she asked I join the citizen line and go ahead to do the self machine stuff. I stayed on the line for five mins and the officer asked me only one question - how long are you here for and I told him 3months and he stamped me and said have a nice stay . That was it , no agriculture though I had few food items and had a little below $10k as I dint want to waste time declaring.
I bless God for His favor cos we were treated like we just came back to our country. No hassles , no questions , nothing .
Am in Elpaso now in a very comfy accomodation I secured through airbnb -
Sorry for my long writeup. I wish everyone going for interview and those who have gotten visa a safe trip and safe delivery for all of us. May God grant us favor and above all Wisdom in making any decision.

Hey Mama, Nice to see your post up here. See how God was faithful through it all. Well-done on the journey my would have been NJ mate..Lol. See you soon babes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oleayo22(f): 8:45pm On Feb 24, 2019
ozymes:
yes and attach all the requirements. PM me if you need further assistance. Stay blessed
OK. I will do that and let you know the outcome.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 1:28am On Feb 25, 2019
Okay .
sandra157:

Hey mama. Pls send an email of this accommodation package via air bnb. I’d appreciate
thebusybrowser@yahoo.com

Many thanks and safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 1:32am On Feb 25, 2019
Awww.... See You Mama in Maryland after LOs arrival.

Vanekj:

Hey Mama, Nice to see your post up here. See how God was faithful through it all. Well-done on the journey my would have been NJ mate..Lol. See you soon babes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 10:37am On Feb 25, 2019
Leez29:
Awww.... See You Mama in Maryland after LOs arrival.

Good day ma
Pls do I need to go with my baby's birth certificate to the interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jaykinde: 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2019
Please could you share your budget sheet with me.

JMarines:

The VO requested for:
Bank statement, zero balances from the different service providers as well as itemized bills and receipts, Doctors’ appointment and prepayment, budget sheet, Dr’s correspondence,etc.
This is all I can remember.
Just go with all documents. It is better to be over prepared.
I wish you great success in your forthcoming interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Asqmom: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2019
Hello nairalanders, please for those of you who have sent change of intent letter to the embassy, do you attach a worded letter document or you just type straight in content section of email.
Please help

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
jaykinde:
Please could you share your budget sheet with me.

Okay.
Can you send me a pm, so I can respond?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 2:02am On Feb 26, 2019
Hello Mama , well I went with mine and they asked me for it so it's safer to go with it .
Starmate:

Good day ma
Pls do I need to go with my baby's birth certificate to the interview

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iykmon: 4:10am On Feb 26, 2019
Hello all, please I need the email address for Nigerian Immigration.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by boldbabe: 5:03am On Feb 26, 2019
Asqmom:
Hello nairalanders, please for those of you who have sent change of intent letter to the embassy, do you attach a worded letter document or you just type straight in content section of email.
Please help
You will just do a mail to them

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 7:23am On Feb 26, 2019
[quote author=Leez29 post=76130536]Hello Mama , well I went with mine and they asked me for it so it's safer to go with it .
[/quote
Good morning mama
The birth certificate came with us address. And i don't know what to do about.please any idea.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gosina: 11:39am On Feb 26, 2019
I went with mine and this was what landed me in trouble , I was refused because I used an atlanta address as my local address in the birth certificate. Hope you don’t have that issue . Good luck all the same
Leez29:
Hello Mama , well I went with mine and they asked me for it so it's safer to go with it .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gosina: 11:40am On Feb 26, 2019
Same with mine , I am looking for how to change the address . I don’t even know how to go about it [quote author=Starmate post=76133936][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2019
Actually I never knew they wud ask me but I din't want a situation I will be lacking any document . Well if you are comfortable going with only the child's US passport then that's fine but most times they ask for the BC.i had my Nigeria Addy on mine and that was what the VO highlighted. But since yours doesn't have the Nigeria Addy , I think it's safest to leave it out then and hand over the US passport.

Gosina:
I went with mine and this was what landed me in trouble , I was refused because I used an atlanta address as my local address in the birth certificate. Hope you don’t have that issue . Good luck all the same
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2019
This was what I used o
JMarines:

I thank God for grace and wish you a safe delivery.
Could you share your medical budget for this delivery?
Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aisha90: 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
Hello mamas!! Please do all BCs have addresses on them because my son's BC doesnt have any.I gave birth in florida.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aye88: 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
Aisha90:
Hello mamas!! Please do all BCs have addresses on them because my son's BC doesnt have any.I gave birth in florida.Thanks

Same as mine. No address is on it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gosina: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thank God you had Nigerian Address, I didn’t know it was going to be an issue at the time. I have called the office of vital records Georgia and they have told me what to do . I also need to send a casheable traveller’s cheque or money order to facilitate it. Please how. Do I go about that ? Thank you. Meanwhile Congrats Mama. This is my 2nd attempt after being caked for a 22ig interview . I am due in May and need to travel in April . I intend to quickly sort it out, get a new certificate and go back .
Leez29:
Actually I never knew they wud ask me but I din't want a situation I will be lacking any document . Well if you are comfortable going with only the child's US passport then that's fine but most times they ask for the BC.i had my Nigeria Addy on mine and that was what the VO highlighted. But since yours doesn't have the Nigeria Addy , I think it's safest to leave it out then and hand over the US passport.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by isysleek: 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
Hello all.

Arrived New York via AirFrance from Abuja yesterday. Didn't get fit to fly from my doctor but they airline insisted I go to port health at Abuja airport to get fit to fly. I paid N2,000. Flight to Paris and JFK were ok. Flew with my mum and three year old daughter(US citizen). My daughter slept most of both flights...Thank God.

Did self-service at JFK. Got a printout without the "X" sign so we were directed to a line where they just stamp you in. Got to our turn and the CBP(while stamping our passports) just asked how long we are staying, how much we have and if I have lived in the US before. I answered 9weeks, Bleep dollars and No respectively. He didn't check my daughters passports. Told him he didn't stamp any of her passports(US and Nigerian passports) and he said he did not need to. We went to pick our bags and boarded a connecting flight to DC. Got home and found one of our boxes was opened for search by TSA. The box was also badly destroyed at the side that our stuff were hanging out of the box. Don't know if we lost anything yet as I am yet to unpack.

All in all, we thank God for journey mercies.

Heading to Richmond Virginia tomorrow.

Please for those already in the US, please which line can I buy that I can make calls to Nigeria for affordable rates and also give me enough data?

My Nigerian lines are not agreeing to roam.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thank God for Divine favor .may that be everyone's portion. You can try Lyca. Got diff package that you can call naija free.
Wishing you safe delivery����
isysleek:
Hello all.

Arrived New York via AirFrance from Abuja yesterday. Didn't get fit to fly from my doctor but they airline insisted I go to port health at Abuja airport to get fit to fly. I paid N2,000. Flight to Paris and JFK were ok. Flew with my mum and three year old daughter(US citizen). My daughter slept most of both flights...Thank God.

Did self-service at JFK. Got a printout without the "X" sign so we were directed to a line where they just stamp you in. Got to our turn and the CBP(while stamping our passports) just asked how long we are staying, how much we have and if I have lived in the US before. I answered 9weeks, Bleep dollars and No respectively. He didn't check my daughters passports. Told him he didn't stamp any of her passports(US and Nigerian passports) and he said he did not need to. We went to pick our bags and boarded a connecting flight to DC. Got home and found one of our boxes was opened for search by TSA. The box was also badly destroyed at the side that our stuff were hanging out of the box. Don't know if we lost anything yet as I am yet to unpack.

All in all, we thank God for journey mercies.

Heading to Richmond Virginia tomorrow.

Please for those already in the US, please which line can I buy that I can make calls to Nigeria for affordable rates and also give me enough data?

My Nigerian lines are not agreeing to roam.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2019
Leez29:

This was what I used o

Thank you so much.
You are far too kind.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2019
JMarines:

Thank you so much.
You are far too kind.
Good day mama
Please mamas what if your itemized bills has discount on it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leez29: 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
God bless
JMarines:

Thank you so much.
You are far too kind.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
Starmate:

Good day mama
Please mamas what if your itemized bills has discount on it

Hello.
According to Jayfierce and others, it’s been advised we stay away from discounts.
However, if your previous itemized bills have discount on it, I don’t know if you can do much about it( Mine showed a ridiculous discount and I presented it same way). You can call them up and appeal to them to personalize the bill if possible by stating exactly what you paid for without adjustments ( can’t say if this is possible, but you can give it a try).

Dear Mamas please help poster out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gosina: 8:56pm On Feb 26, 2019
Please mamas is there anyone leaving for the states this week? I need someone to help me make a money order to post to the office of the vital records for correction of the address in my baby’s birth certificate. Pleaseee it’s urgent .
Gosina:
Thank God you had Nigerian Address, I didn’t know it was going to be an issue at the time. I have called the office of vital records Georgia and they have told me what to do . I also need to send a casheable traveller’s cheque or money order to facilitate it. Please how. Do I go about that ? Thank you. Meanwhile Congrats Mama. This is my 2nd attempt after being caked for a 22ig interview . I am due in May and need to travel in April . I intend to quickly sort it out, get a new certificate and go back .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
Gosina:
Please mamas is there anyone leaving for the states this week? I need someone to help me make a money order to post to the office of the vital records for correction of the address in my baby’s birth certificate. Pleaseee it’s urgent .
Same here too please Texas state biko

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gosina: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2019
Hello mama is it for change Of address in the birth certificate too? I just found out I can do a money order at usps (nipost) and send it with the notorised documents staright to the vital records office .
Greatg0809:

Same here too please Texas state biko

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 11:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
JMarines:

Hello.
According to Jayfierce and others, it’s been advised we stay away from discounts.
However, if your previous itemized bills have discount on it, I don’t know if you can do much about it( Mine showed a ridiculous discount and I presented it same way). You can call them up and appeal to them to personalize the bill if possible by stating exactly what you paid for without adjustments ( can’t say if this is possible, but you can give it a try).

Dear Mamas please help poster out.
OK, thanks I will try
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by isysleek: 11:11am On Feb 27, 2019
Thanks alot.

Leez29:
Thank God for Divine favor .may that be everyone's portion. You can try Lyca. Got diff package that you can call naija free.
Wishing you safe delivery����
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blue355: 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2019
Please Mamas please I need some advice.
the account i opened in BOA when i gave birth in 2016 was shut down this year(2019) and all the money(cheque) sent in a mail. I also used the account in 2017 when i had my 2nd LO.
i have tried to reopen the account but BOA has refused.
how do I get my money back?

NB: Nigerian banks dont allow deposit of foreign cheque

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.