Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167414 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladeonas: 11:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
Latestreleasevi:
Pls I want to ask, does anyone know the procedure for Ethiopia airline Fit to fly? I saw on their website that you only need a fit to fly if you are above 28weeks,but called their Lagos office just to inquire about what they wrote online, only to be told that I have to go to their VI office for their Dr to conduct his own test and pay N10,000 before they can issue me their fit to fly. And am not up to 28weeks. Pls who has experience abt this? Pls I need an urgent reply pls. Thanks

Really Didn't buy Ethiopia ticket because of their long Dublin layover anyway

All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Unfelt: 1:43am On Jan 24, 2018
yes she can, she just needs to have her marriage certificate, and change of name documents handy..

Quin17:

Please i need clarification on this, my niece has her passport in her maiden name, while her employment documents bears her new name. Can she apply for an interview with these documents as they are?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thridbaby: 5:43am On Jan 24, 2018
I was denied yesterday Jan 23rd for 9.45am interview by d guy @ window 2. went with me 1yr 8mnth son. blue paper everywhere, only d elderly ones were given. 2 other pregnant ladies too was denied.
vo. good morin
me. good morin
go. where are you going in us
me. Houston, Texas.
vo. for how long
me 7weeks
vo. are you married
me. yes
vo. do you have any other kids aside this
me. yes
vo. OK you have one @home, one here then you are expecting d 3rd
me. yes
vo. what do u do
me. I sell babies items like furniture. clothing, etc
vo. how much do you make monthly
me. depending on sales & season, d least I make is 300k
vo. can I see your letter from doc & statement of act
me. pass to him, dropped d correspondence, started going though d statement from d back, was nodding in approval all of a sudden, his face changed, he dropped it, type something on d system & next blue paper.
NB. I want to believe he suspected lump some which my bro in law transfered to d acct bcuz my husband started saving in d acct just for d purpose of this trip, he didn't even check d front page to know if d acct belongs to me or not, he didn't ask who was sponsoring & I was too tired & already feeling dizzy due to long standing & my son making me to run around. I collected my pp & document, walked out without saying thank you.

my question...... Dh was suppose to go for his interview with my DD next months, both since I was denied, am thinking they will b no need again since he also applied for B2 to come assists me & he has exceeded his appointment booking limits, how can he change it to vacation so d 128k will not waste.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 6:07am On Jan 24, 2018
Pls does Dr Esebede respond to mail? I tried reaching his number. Who has his email pls help me with it, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 24, 2018
Thridbaby:
I was denied yesterday Jan 23rd for 9.45am interview............xxxx

vo. can I see your letter from doc & statement of act
me. pass to him, dropped d correspondence, started going though d statement from d back, was nodding in approval all of a sudden, his face changed, he dropped it, type something on d system & next blue paper.
NB. I want to believe he suspected lump some which my bro in law transfered to d acct bcuz my husband started saving in d acct just for d purpose of this trip......xxxxx

my question...... Dh was suppose to go for his interview with my DD next months, both since I was denied, am thinking they will b no need again since he also applied for B2 to come assists me & he has exceeded his appointment booking limits, how can he change it to vacation so d 128k will not waste.

So sorry about this. DH and DD can still go for theirs unless you are totally giving up and no longer interested in the U.S.....sis, you can immediately reapply and request for expedited appointment and may get a date before DH and DD' s.

Things to note....better to show the statement of account of the sponsor plus your own statement and avoid transfers...as you suspected maybe the lump sum transfer is the issue. Is DH the sponsor or brother in law? Will you be able to explain why money is from in law and not DH? Maybe also mention when asked about your income that you earn Bleep amount but "so so and so" is sponsoring, they earn Bleep a month and also have their statement as proof.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 9:12am On Jan 24, 2018
Good morning mamas, please what happened if one can't make an expedited appointment? Cancel, re-applu for for expedited appointment or just wait for the day to pass by and pay another application Money ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2018
Omodadi2:
Good morning mamas, please what happened if one can't make an expedited appointment? Cancel, re-applu for for expedited appointment or just wait for the day to pass by and pay another application Money ?

I suspect you can't reschedule an expedited appointment.......because the expedited appointment itself is a rescheduling of your original appointment (check that email confirming your expedited appointment has been approved).

My advise....try to make the appointment...if you're 100% sure you can't make it, then click on reschedule (if its still possible) and see what the instructions are.

Pele.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Thridbaby: 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
mamaron:

Dh is my sponsor DAT was d reason I decided to go with his own alone & d money in my acct is low bcuz I just ordered for goods. BIL was owing my DH, he called to pay so hubby decides he pays to d acct. he didn't ask any question neither was I ready to explain because I was seriously feeling dizzy & tired. I can't waste another 128k reapplying, will rather try Canada but looking @time.
So sorry about this. DH and DD can still go for theirs unless you are totally giving up and no longer interested in the U.S.....sis, you can immediately reapply and request for expedited appointment and may get a date before DH and DD' s.

Things to note....better to show the statement of account of the sponsor plus your own statement and avoid transfers...as you suspected maybe the lump sum transfer is the issue. Is DH the sponsor or brother in law? Will you be able to explain why money is from in law and not DH? Maybe also mention when asked about your income that you earn Bleep amount but "so so and so" sponsoring, they earn Bleep a month and also have their statement as proof.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
[quote author=Thridbaby post=64472362][/quote]

Ok....but I suspect the U.S. visa process is probably faster than Canada's...... if time is a constraint.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by stefii: 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
stefii
Good evening mamas and papas.please i have a pressing issue. I applied for BI/B2 medical visa and i applied with my 2 years old son and hubby.On the process of booking for interview, my son's details on the cgifederal.secure site didn't enter ,it kept on returning "Unable to add applicant because some or all information you entered belongs to another applicant" but i was able to add my husband successfully. i went ahead to book for the interview of which i got 21st of March,2018.And my first appointment in El paso Tx is 1st March,2018. Eventually i was able to call the call center and my son's details were added but then i cancelled our first interview date appointment ,thinking i will see a closer date but then i saw 4th of April,2018 so i picked it. Now my dilemma is
1. My interview date which is 4th of April is close to my EDD which is 5th May,2018 and by then i will be very close to delivery, my fear is if we will be able to secure our visas by then and again fit to fly.
I wrote for an expedited date with my letters from my doctor in USA showing my appointment with them,Letter from my doc in Nig.But i was denied. I called call center again to know if i could get another closer date but they said i have cancelled my first appointment and if i should cancel again,i will have to forfeit the visa fees.
Please house i need an advice on what to do please.
THANKS

I don't know what else to do. please i need an advice. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temyb: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2018
Charity aid or not medic aid. There are a lot of charity organisations in the u.s like ford,churches,rich individuals etc that go to hospital to help pay hospital bills for people who can't afford. It's not like the normal hospital bills,these are bills that are way very high for people and most times bills that can't be discounted too much. Medic aid is from the government purse.
The hospital would even issue zero balance account and most times these charity organisations don't like to be known,It's like there own contribution or should I say social responsibility to the community. You can't even just work up to the social worker and ask for it. Most times the very nice ones would go extra miles for you on it while others would just mention it casually. But I tell you it only happens when it's an emergency or something unexpected happens and you have paid your own bills.
It's fine when you give birth and everything is perfect,there nothing as sweet as that. The moment something goes wrong,my dear you are on your own. Have you ever heard of post partum depression becos of high bills or hbp. Its better to save your sanity for your baby. It far better than medic aid and the difference is clear.
oluwafunkenny:
@ temyb, l beg to disagree to your decision of obtaining charity organisations aid. AID is AID whatever in it's form. This will be in her record that she couldn't pay her bill and as a result requested for assistance. The bill is very high fine but using aid to clear it might be more dangerous. My view anyway...... Gurus can shed more light.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oluwafunkenny: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for the enlightenment. I was talking from different sounds of warning about aid, it's consequences and Views of the authorities about it. I guessed you have tested and trusted the issue so l rest my case while l search for your experience to learn more.

temyb:
Charity aid or not medic aid. There are a lot of charity organisations in the u.s like ford,churches,rich individuals etc that go to hospital to help pay hospital bills for people who can't afford. It's not like the normal hospital bills,these are bills that are way very high for people and most times bills that can't be discounted too much. Medic aid is from the government purse.
lt far better than medic aid and the difference is clear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
temyb:
The hospital would even issue zero balance account and most times these charity organisations don't like to be known,It's like there own contribution or should I say social responsibility to the community. You can't even just work up to the social worker and ask for it. Most times the very nice ones would go extra miles for you on it while others would just mention it casually. But I tell you it only happens when it's an emergency or something unexpected happens and you have paid your own bills.
It's fine when you give birth and everything is perfect,there nothing as sweet as that. The moment something goes wrong,my dear you are on your own. Have you ever heard of post partum depression becos of high bills or hbp. Its better to save your sanity for your baby. It far better than medic aid and the difference is clear.

You do know that such charity aid isn't meant for visitors who come to the US to seek medical care. Most if not all visitors who applied for medical visa to the US was granted the visa after convincing the visa officers that she/he will be able to afford and pay for any medical charges occurred once they got to the US...even unforeseen charges.

Most charity aid was meant for some US residence who live in the US but some how either their medical insurance could not pay for some of those outstanding bills they might have occurred.

Also most of those charity aid organizations get some kind of tax relief purposes from IRS and they have to tell and show IRS what the charity aid they paid was for and to whom.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ugoguchy(f): 9:30pm On Jan 24, 2018
stefii:
stefii
Good evening mamas and papas.please i have a pressing issue. I applied for BI/B2 medical visa and i applied with my 2 years old son and hubby.On the process of booking for interview, my son's details on the cgifederal.secure site didn't enter ,it kept on returning "Unable to add applicant because some or all information you entered belongs to another applicant" but i was able to add Now my dilemma is
1. My interview date which is 4th of April is close to my EDD which is 5th May,2018 and by then i will be very close to delivery, my fear is if we will be able to secure our visas by then and again fit to fly.
I wrote for an expedited date with my letters from my doctor in USA showing my appointment with them,Letter from my doc in Nig.But i was denied. I called call center again to know if i could get another closer date but they said i have cancelled my first appointment and if i should cancel again,i will have to forfeit the visa fees.
Please house i need an advice on what to do
what and what did you submit for expedited appt?did u add prove of payment ie your bank statements?i want to understand why your application was denied,any guru in the house to help her please....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temyb: 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
Please read very well biko and stop quoting in between. I said when u have paid your own bills biko and it's when you have an emergency and the bills are way too high like $200,000 and above and the discount is not very much
Any which way,It's my personal opinion and it's not a must for anybody to follow. They don't even tell people who can't even pay their own bills
Case closed
Beautyaddy:

You do know that such charity aid isn't meant for visitors who come to the US to seek medical care. Most if not all visitors who applied for medical visa to the US was granted the visa after convincing the visa officers that she/he will be able to afford and pay for any medical charges occurred once they got to the US...even unforeseen charges.

Most charity aid was meant for some US residence who live in the US but some how either their medical insurance could not pay for some of those outstanding bills they might have occurred.

Also most of those charity aid organizations get some kind of tax relief purposes from IRS and they have to tell and show IRS what the charity aid they paid was for and to whom.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
stefii:
stefii
Good evening mamas and papas.please i have a pressing issue. I applied for BI/B2 medical visa and i applied with my 2 years old son and hubby.On the process of booking for interview, my son's details on the cgifederal.secure site didn't enter ,it kept on returning "Unable to add applicant because some or all information you entered belongs to another applicant" but i was able to add my husband successfully. i went ahead to book for the interview of which i got 21st of March,2018.And my first appointment in El paso Tx is 1st March,2018. Eventually i was able to call the call center and my son's details were added but then i cancelled our first interview date appointment ,thinking i will see a closer date but then i saw 4th of April,2018 so i picked it. Now my dilemma is
Please house i need an advice on what to do please.
THANKS

I don't know what else to do. please i need an advice. Thanks

Hello,
When you apply for expedited appointment, you need to first explain why you are just applying as you were supposed to have applied earlier in order to be able to get a good date.

Then to the reason why you are now saying your date isn't good enough for you:

1. For immigration laws...... expantiate
2. For preparation purposely.... expantiate

You can have more reasons anyways but these are common.

Documents to attach:
The 2 doctors letters/correspondences
Budget sheet
Back Account Statement
Payslip if applicable.
If you have all these, re-apply and just explain yourself well in the letter. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello Zeenayah,

I sent a mail request.

Kindly respond.

Thank you very much.

Zeenayah:
Hiya, the best thing to do would be to contact the Dr you want to use to give you the new price or call the hospital, ask to speak to the financial counselor and get the new pricing. I think they call it the Miracle Moments program.

The information I have was at September last year so I dunno if the prices have been reviewed. 5k for normal and 8k for CS (Hospital, Dr X and Epidural only no pediatrician bills etc).

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by abanzi(m): 11:41pm On Jan 24, 2018
Congrats @ugoguchy. Really happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by abanzi(m): 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2018
Congrats Viola. Safest option taken. Well done! Now you can travel with a relaxed mind.

[quote author=Viola2017 post=64446984]Hi house,

This is Viola once again, just like i earlier stated, i got B1B2 visa in sept 2017 later took in oct.2017. I brought the issue here, though DH also was seeking answers both on and offline. He came back one day and we both decided to try again by redeclaring our intent. We paid and booked for interview for today.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by passionantchica: 11:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Oh okay. Thanks.
bidrozey:

Pls use Travelstart. You can't book Delta Airline from Nigeria .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by afrobrown2000: 1:13am On Jan 25, 2018
he does but he is very busy...i communicate with him heads up via whatsapp then he replies any documentation via email...you have to be patient with him cause he is never in a hurry..
ozycy:
Pls does Dr Esebede respond to mail? I tried reaching his number. Who has his email pls help me with it, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by afrobrown2000: 1:16am On Jan 25, 2018
i concur with you....was the in the interview in Lagos
mamaron:

Things to note....better to show the statement of account of the sponsor plus your own statement and avoid transfers...as you suspected maybe the lump sum transfer is the issue. Is DH the sponsor or brother in law? Will you be able to explain why money is from in law and not DH? Maybe also mention when asked about your income that you earn Bleep amount but "so so and so" is sponsoring, they earn Bleep a month and also have their statement as proof.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 5:42am On Jan 25, 2018
afrobrown2000:
he does but he is very busy...i communicate with him heads up via whatsapp then he replies any documentation via email...you have to be patient with him cause he is never in a hurry..
He has responded. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NIFES(f): 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hello mamas and dads.
Link below gives an opportunity of 10% refund on hotel booked via booking.com
Simply click on the link or copy to your browser and make your booking.

https://www.booking.com/s/27_8/20b6dae2

Mod: I hope this does not violate any rule.
Thanks and regards .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NIFES(f): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
To God be the glory!!!
I arrived safely in Miami, Florida last night at 33 weeks plus.
POE experience coming soon.
Thanks and God bless you all for the assistance and ideas shared.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by goobyparks(f): 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2018
chinybelle:

I was told here that the hospital knows how to go about it.
It's not a requirement for interview but can form part of your doctor's correspondence.

My problem now is that the hospital is requesting for 20k to draft it.
Which I feel is totally off. Why do I need to pay so much to get my medical history /report?

Pls those that did this should put mouth o

My hospital also charged me 20k for my medical records tho mine was to two hospitals so they printed two letters, same content different addresses. This was the U.S hospitals' requirement for acceptance. Then when one of the hospitals accepted me and it was time 4 my trip, my Naija hospital charged me 30k for updated medical report and fit to fly after so much price hassling with them. So 50k in total. I still paid extra for photocopy oo.( I jst weak)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2018
Supernaturalone:
Thanks! Texas Children's is not smiling AT ALL. I met with them today after earlier phone conversations and I was told categorically that they are a specialist hospital, they don't negotiate bills and the maximum discount they would give is 15%. On fact, the guy said if I leave my bills unpaid it will affect my re-entry into the country!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by HopefulMum: 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2018
Can I see your budget sheet?
I passed it (thanks a lot pherma for the draft of budget sheet and thanks also to the person that posted sample of burden of proof- u go fear my well-arranged huge envelope of proof!

Please help me. Can I also get the sample of budget sheet and burden of proof? I will really appreciate your feedback. My email is hopeful_mum@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by HopefulMum: 4:38pm On Jan 25, 2018
[/quote]
please can you help me with a sample of the budget sheet and burden of proof? [quote]
I passed it (thanks a lot pherma for the draft of budget sheet and thanks also to the person that posted sample of burden of proof- u go fear my well-arranged huge envelope of proof!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by captain90210(m): 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2018
Please which is burden of proof, isn't it same with your bank statements? Also how many months duration is acceptable to present for bank statements?

HopefulMum:

Please help me. Can I also get the sample of budget sheet and burden of proof? I will really appreciate your feedback. My email is hopeful_mum@yahoo.com. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2018
Good Day house
Pls I just got my visa but plan to change my destination.
I used a correspondence from a rented accommodation in Houston and a corespondence from a doctor in Houston that gave me an appointment (i declared that I’m going for child birth- my first visit) for my interview and declared I have no family there in my application , the accommodation and hospital refused prepayment anyways but
just got connected to a family friend who has offered accommodation in Georgia .
To reduce cost I don’t mind the offer.
I plan to carry $9500 cash and the rest in card, will that suffice to prove I can self pay when I change location?
What documents would I require from my new host for POe?
What should I prepare for?
I’m reaching another doctor for an appointment correspondence in Georgia?
What should I expect?
How do I handle poe to avoid issues pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: DaddyCoool and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.