Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,647 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167279 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
justwise:

Who/what is that?

No vex, that's Abuja grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
overlord77:

No vex, that's Abuja grin

Abuja is fine a year ago when i visited.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omofranca(f): 1:03am On Aug 25, 2019
gratefulalways:
+++++ LONG POST ++++++++

...However, since the inception of this thread, a lot of Nigerians are better informed. They have over time made their intentions known at the US Embassy & at the POEs. They’ve ensured their bills are paid (even to the extent of chasing service providers to get their payments effected). Some others also set up payment plans with their service providers. This much has been acknowledged in some cases of visa renewals by the Embassy...

This thread has been very helpful in getting people prepared for their visa interviews & POEs, pre-natal, post natal & documentation activities. Even issues like accommodation, shopping, mobility while in the US were openly, genuinely and honestly discussed and advise proffered. Ideas & information were freely given & shared. This platform, though faceless has seen real friendships metamorphose in reality. We’ve equally seen people with wrong intentions collectively corrected and advised to tow the line of truth & sincerity in their birthing project...

It’s been a learning curve.

I am however amazed that recently, some people in their comments on this forum have decided to tar the generality of Nigerians with one brush of dishonesty & fraud...

Let it be known that crime & fraud exist in every country. Criminals exist in all countries. I do not know of any country that does not have a justice system, prisons or correctional facilities.

Yes, Nigeria is going through tough times presently, and until we rebuild our institutions we shall continue to face challenges. However, it is my belief that Nigeria shall surmount its challenges someday soon.

If we have contrary opinions let’s convey them in the best & most respectable way we can. No single person knows it all. One size does not fit all. People’s circumstances are different. Please let's be guided therefore. Whatever help or advise you can give to your fellow Nigerian should be the focus. After-all that is the essence of this forum

Justwise has done a very fantastic job of moderating this thread. It is a thankless job. I really do commend him for a job well done.

Well said!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Malevonent: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
any cheap usa flight promo??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iwuoahsamuels: 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
Pls which hospital was convicted of Medicare fraud pls.
Sonone can be well guided.
I used oak bend.. any alarms?

overlord77:

Yea, I feel ya.

It doesn't make sense that a hospital gives one discount and VOs are capitalizing on that as one's crime. They should come up with something else.
Like you said, if the hospital is convicted of Medicaid fraud and demands their full payment afterwards, that'd make sense than calling them up to request you want to pay the balance given to you in form of a discount.

Anyway, like I said earlier. Let's those trying to renew their visas pipe down for now and give it a while, US elections are coming up pretty soon. For intending mothers, try Canada or some place else. Cheers

@justwise the hustler and order-bringer. Eku ise o, how is ABV? grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
iwuoahsamuels:
Pls which hospital was convicted of Medicare fraud pls.
Sonone can be well guided.
I used oak bend.. any alarms?

Non that I know of, was just making a general statement. My bad, shouldn't have used the definite article 'the'. Should be ".....if a hospital is convicted........."
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Amother4life: 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Qei2u: 3:53am On Aug 26, 2019
Gde pls i have a few questions
1) pls what docuuments are required to be sighted in usa embassy in lagos for notarizaton apart from ds11 and ds 3053 and passport of both parents, do they need birth cert cos on it it says you should not photocopy the birth cert.

2) pls for naija passport can the letter of consent be notarized or do both parents have to appear

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2019
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
Adebuble:
https://punchng.com/breaking-us-increases-tourism-visa-cost-to-n99-900-for-nigerians-blames-fg/

American visa has been increased if you're issued a visa..

Ministry of interior has acted and reduced Nigerian visa fee for Americans to $150, hopefully the Americans will follow through on their reciprocity policy. Thank God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MumJ2: 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
[quote author=baldman post=81530620]The idea that people provide foreign address in other to claim cheaper bill is not correct and as the poster is trying to explain, they are different processes entirely. The forms you fill to process birth certificate is administered independently ( at least in my experience) and does not give any basis for you as a foreigner to be able to prove that you are resident in the US. The finance department will require that you provide a US Address so that the bills can be sent there and indeed a sort of Guarantor as they fully understand that we are non-resident.

I insisted that I wanted to use my Nigerian Address for the birth certificate and I was told that it has to be a US Address as the birth certificate will not be dispatched to an address outside of the US. I hope the US embassy can conduct independent inquiries into this and verify the truth, unless they are just looking for any excuse to deny us.

There is no hospital that will deal with you without you providing an address within state where bills will be sent to. It is this address that the finance department ( the billing people) work with, they do not have any thing to do with the birth certificate which is handled by social services department who merely acts as the handler of the forms as they have the duty to report births.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 1:20am On Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone, please I need help with the process of getting my baby's US passport and Nigerian Visa. I am picking up the birth certificate tomorrow but I truly can't remember the process of getting the passport sorted out( d last missionary journey was 3years ago) . I will appreciate it if someone can help out. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 1:40am On Aug 29, 2019
Come to Atlanta lemme epp u grin

aamey15:
Hello everyone, please I need help with the process of getting my baby's US passport and Nigerian Visa. I am picking up the birth certificate tomorrow but I truly can't remember the process of getting the passport sorted out( d last missionary journey was 3years ago) . I will appreciate it if someone can help out. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 3:54am On Aug 29, 2019
Haha haha... Biko let me stay here

TripleKMama:

Come to Atlanta lemme epp u grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Qei2u: 6:32am On Aug 29, 2019
Aamey 15

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/under-16.html

1) passport If father is around
Get birth cert preferably 2 copies
Snap babys passport photo with white background
Fill ds-11 form leave notarized spaces free
Calculate the cost of passport some passport offices take postal order some u can pay with card
You will have the form notarized by a notary public in the presence of u,hubby and baby and it costs about $20-$50
Take it with ur passport datapages,pix,birth cert of social security is out fill on ds11 form if not fill 000000
Go to passport agency and apply i prefer to expedite d passport application and expedite the return mail service

If dad is not available

https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/

Follow d link for lagos or abuja its notary seevices not passsport services

Dad should fill ds3053 form and leave relevant pages blank
Book appointment at usa consulate for natary service
Take $50 in naira along
His and ur data page and front of passport
(Am not sure if dad needs a birthcert to do this one which is where am confused cos it states on d birth cert you cant photocopy it)
He will dhl this form take with other requirements to passport agency usually a library or post office.

http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=passports

I only know process for naija passport not visa
Fill form online
Preregister your atm card with innovate 1(1 month bank statement scanned on same page with atm card block the middle 8 digits also scan your data page to them ,they reply is 24hrs)
And then pay
You will get interview date ,appear on that day with letter of consent cosigned by both parents ,hubby can do it and send then you sign ur part
They will tell you to come back anoda day for pick up,atlanta does same day pick up

Pls i need more info on documents req for notary appt if you find out

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:53am On Aug 29, 2019
Qei2u:
Aamey 15

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/under-16.html

1) passport If father is around
Get birth cert preferably 2 copies
Snap babys passport photo with white background
Fill ds-11 form leave notarized spaces free
Calculate the cost of passport some passport offices take postal order some u can pay with card
You will have the form notarized by a notary public in the presence of u,hubby and baby and it costs about $20-$50
Take it with ur passport datapages,pix,birth cert of social security is out fill on ds11 form if not fill 000000
Go to passport agency and apply i prefer to expedite d passport application and expedite the return mail service

If dad is not available

https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/

Follow d link for lagos or abuja its notary seevices not passsport services

Dad should fill ds3053 form and leave relevant pages blank
Book appointment at usa consulate for natary service
Take $50 in naira along
His and ur data page and front of passport
[s](Am not sure if dad needs a birthcert to do this one which is where am confused cos it states on d birth cert you cant photocopy it)[/s]
He will dhl this form take with other requirements to passport agency usually a library or post office.

http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=passports

I only know process for naija passport not visa
Fill form online
Preregister your atm card with innovate 1(1 month bank statement scanned on same page with atm card block the middle 8 digits also scan your data page to them ,they reply is 24hrs)
And then pay
You will get interview date ,appear on that day with letter of consent cosigned by both parents ,hubby can do it and send then you sign ur part
They will tell you to come back anoda day for pick up,atlanta does same day pick up

Pls i need more info on documents req for notary appt if you find out

The money (it’s free) and BC not needed. The downloaded and filled form, and his International Passport are mostly what is needed.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2019
OmoBendel24:

The money (it’s free) and BC not needed. The downloaded and filled form, and his International Passport are mostly what is needed.

Yalz
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CanadianNaija: 2:50am On Aug 30, 2019
People planning to give birth in the US should read this, just came across it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/trump-immigration-rule-who-would-be-affected-by-the-new-citizenship-policy-for-children-born-overseas/

Find out from the embassy what this will mean for.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 3:03am On Aug 30, 2019
It's for the military who are citizens but posted to different parts of the world on duty. Some marry foreigners or just get them pregnant inadvertently.
Trump says those kids wont have automatic citizenship by mere fact that the father is citizen whereas the mother is foreigner.

On the news, it says it doesn't affect any child born in American soil.
Just yet.
Whether born illegally, legally, to immigrants, aborigines etc...once it's on American soil, the kid is a citizen.
Darizit

CanadianNaija:
People planning to give birth in the US should read this, just came across it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/trump-immigration-rule-who-would-be-affected-by-the-new-citizenship-policy-for-children-born-overseas/

Find out from the embassy what this will mean for.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2019
Well summarised........

TripleKMama:
It's for the military who are citizens but posted to different parts of the world on duty. Some marry foreigners or just get them pregnant inadvertently.
Trump says those kids wont have automatic citizenship by mere fact that the father is citizen whereas the mother is foreigner.

On the news, it says it doesn't affect any child born in American soil.
Just yet.
Whether born illegally, legally, to immigrants, aborigines etc...once it's on American soil, the kid is a citizen.
Darizit

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mumbuk731: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
jossy404:
Well summarised........

Thank you so much for the update.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Qei2u: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2019
jossy404:
Well summarised........

Theres a lil more for those of us that had kids here our grandchildren do not get citizenship automatically except our children are resident in the united states,note that residence in us is different from physical presence (the one used for green card),owning a house or renting does not proove physical presence except you are actually living there more or less like having a social security no,living in the house n paying a mortgage these are e.g of d proof

• U.S. marriage certificate indicating the address of the bride and groom;
• Property rental leases, property tax records, and payment receipts;
• Deeds;
• Utility bills;
• Automobile registrations;
• Professional licenses;
• Employment records or information;
• Income tax records and income records, including W-2 salary forms;
• School transcripts;
• Military records; and
• Vaccination and medical records

So basically our grand children need to be born on us soil too or our kids have d above or they follow the immigration route and naturalize but they can’t run for presidency if they naturalize�
Pull ur kids ears to come here n birth ur grandchildren.

Last last uk citizenship na still d highest gelato!!!

S

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2019
LMAO
Are u kidney me?
grin
Well that's for the kids, our kids born now, to hustle for their own kids, our grandkids.
I cannor coman be drinking PCM on top that one now. Shuo tongue

Qei2u:

Theres a lil more for those of us that had kids here our grandchildren do not get citizenship automatically except our children are resident in the united states,note that residence in us is different from physical presence (the one used for green card),owning a house or renting does not proove physical presence except you are actually living there more or less like having a social security no,living in the house n paying a mortgage these are e.g of d proof

• U.S. marriage certificate indicating the address of the bride and groom;
• Property rental leases, property tax records, and payment receipts;
• Deeds;
• Utility bills;
• Automobile registrations;
• Professional licenses;
• Employment records or information;
• Income tax records and income records, including W-2 salary forms;
• School transcripts;
• Military records; and
• Vaccination and medical records

So basically our grand children need to be born on us soil too or our kids have d above or they follow the immigration route and naturalize but they can’t run for presidency if they naturalize�
Pull ur kids ears to come here n birth ur grandchildren.

Last last uk citizenship na still d highest gelato!!!

S

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
All US Immigration services should do is to delay giving Birth Certificate and Passport to children born from foreign parent. It will stop travelling for birth and all anchor babies drama. Go, give a birth and wait until US government verifies your REAL ADDRESS in USA and No American passport for babies in their first 3 years.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gratefulalways: 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
Really?

123JohnF:
All US Immigration services should do is to delay giving Birth Certificate and Passport to children born from foreign parent. It will stop travelling for birth and all anchor babies drama. Go, give a birth and wait until US government verifies your REAL ADDRESS in USA and No American passport for babies in their first 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
gratefulalways:
Really?
You will see, very soon it will be.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
123JohnF:

Birth tourism is not illegal

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
baldman:
The idea that people provide foreign address in other to claim cheaper bill is not correct and as the poster is trying to explain, they are different processes entirely. The forms you fill to process birth certificate is administered independently ( at least in my experience) and does not give any basis for you as a foreigner to be able to prove that you are resident in the US. The finance department will require that you provide a US Address so that the bills can be sent there and indeed a sort of Guarantor as they fully understand that we are non-resident.

I insisted that I wanted to use my Nigerian Address for the birth certificate and I was told that it has to be a US Address as the birth certificate will not be dispatched to an address outside of the US. I hope the US embassy can conduct independent inquiries into this and verify the truth, unless they are just looking for any excuse to deny us.

There is no hospital that will deal with you without you providing an address within state where bills will be sent to. It is this address that the finance department ( the billing people) work with, they do not have any thing to do with the birth certificate which is handled by social services department who merely acts as the handler of the forms as they have the duty to report births.

See below

123JohnF:

You will see, very soon it will be.

Day done still break for you again @123JohnF!

@all; I had to get the below image from a very dear friend to illustrate an example to you. In the form you can see there's space for MOTHER'S RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS and another for MOTHER'S MAILING ADDRESS, there's a huge difference, never forget to fill your Nigeria address as your residential address while using your US address as your mailing address. It's an innocent mistake that some really do get punished for at renewal, by all means avoid it please!

During registration and all other times, once you sight "RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS" or anything that looks like it on any form, please use your Naija Address....

Cc: @Baldman

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2019
justwise:

Birth tourism is not illegal
I didn't say it's illegal. What I am saying it is stopping now and very soon, it's not convenient to America, as you see Trump already is stopping children citizenship born abroad, read the new law about the child RESIDING on American soil and you will understand.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-immigration-rule-who-would-be-affected-by-the-new-citizenship-policy-for-children-born-overseas/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
123JohnF:

I didn't say it's illegal. What I am saying it is stopping now and very soon, it's not convenient to America, as you see Trump already is stopping children citizenship born abroad, read the new law about the child RESIDING on American soil and you will understand.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-immigration-rule-who-would-be-affected-by-the-new-citizenship-policy-for-children-born-overseas/

You need to read that law because i'm not sure you understands it, you are really sounding like MAGA hat

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MumJ2: 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2019
OmoBendel24:

See below

Day done still break for you again @123JohnF!

@all; I had to get the below image from a very dear friend to illustrate an example to you. In the form you can see there's space for MOTHER'S RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS and another for MOTHER'S MAILING ADDRESS, there's a huge difference, never forget to fill your Nigeria address as your residential address while using your US address as your mailing address. It's an innocent mistake that some really do get punished for at renewal, by all means avoid it please!

During registration and all other times, once you sight "RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS" or anything that looks like it on any form, please use your Naija Address....

Cc: @Baldman

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.