Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164376 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 07, 2019
Wow!!!

I remember you were jostling between dropbox and scheduling an appointment.

Very happy it worked out for you. I agree with the statements in bold. It is very interesting that people underestimate the value of honesty (as in, it is considered odd by some that you would apply to renew visa that has not expired). It is almost certain that your subsequent visas will not be an issue. All the best with the birth. May the lines ALWAYS fall for you in pleasant places as you walk in honesty.

aamey15:
Long post alert, Success story

So after my dilemma with reapplying for a B2 visa even though I had a valid B1B2 visa( you can read my previous posts), we eventually applied for B2 but selected the interview waiver. Anyway my husband felt it was best to email the embassy asking for what to do.

After a month I got an email from the embassy saying my visa wasn’t valid for birth travel at the time because that wasn’t the intent of it being issued to us and I had to visit embassy within a week for a new interview.

VO: Thank you for visiting the embassy. We asked to see you today
Me: Yes, I have a valid B1/B2 visa which I have used for travel but I intend to deliver and I contacted the embassy on what to do
VO: We appreciate your honesty. The reason we asked to see you is to know if you have the financial capacity to pay your bills and if you do may I see the proof

VO: Okay After a few minutes of writing and going through all the documents he says okay you are free to go
Me : Shocked because I was expecting a new visa or So, Does that mean I am okay to travel and I will not have issues at POE
VO: Yes, your details have been updated, have a safe delivery
Me: Thank you and I ran out..literally

My opinion on what worked for me, honesty I tell you, even though I had a valid visa I didn’t want to jeopardize the opportunity given.....it was a big gamble because I could have just used it like that and have issues at renewal in the future or maybe POE.

By the way my POE experience was so smooth ( I used ATL).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temistraws: 3:11am On Aug 07, 2019
Glad to be able to post on this page. I discovered this section a bit late but like they say it’s never too late. Many thanks to everyone who has been contributing.

Wow! Am happy to read you got a visa eventually. I am in the same situation and in a fix. Being to the embassy twice (one for renewal of B1/B2, other for F1 Visa) and refused with V.O saying I was given too much discount despite showing all evidence with my zero balance letter. She insisted the discount was too much and I needed to pay more. Meanwhile my total bill was about $15k as at 2015. At my first interview she didn’t even look through all the receipts, once she saw one of the receipts with discounts she was just typing plenty plenty things sad

Sent a mail to the hospital immediately I left the embassy and they sent me a revised zero balance letter indicating I was a self pay patient and I paid the exact contracted fee for all self pay but the V.O who interviewed me at my last appearance at the embassy didn’t even want to see the letter.

My last interview was F1 for my PhD degree but wasn’t even given a fair chance as that was the first question the V.O asked “if I had made more payment since my last refusal”.

What would you advise I do though I have sent them an email explaining my predicament. If they are insisting I needed to pay more and the hospital is saying I am not owing.

I am still expecting their reply though.

It’s harrowing not knowing what to do.

TripleKMama:

Same situation I was in but I got Visa. My VO gave me audience and looked at my correspondence with the hosp which I printed out. She went to someone to deliberate then came back and issued me the Visa.
I later learnt that d embassy doesn't open any mails with attachments. That's why I didnt get response to all my mails earlier on. I had to physical go to d Embassy and had an appointment booked.
All d best and pray to get a kind VO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temistraws: 8:19am On Aug 07, 2019
Qei2u:

1) you used the wrong visa to birth in 2015 which have earned alot of pple denials

2)your bill is less than 10k while some have escaped this combining it with reason 1 made d case worse.

3)whats the time interval to your next application and what has changed about your application...did u pay back discounts etc

4) why should d whole family travel cos you are having a baby? You need a robust travel history to pull this off,how many times did u use ur last us visa

5)travel with d us citizen alone or travel with ur mum alone or travel with ur husband and leave the kids with mum,or best still travel alone and spare ur kids having to explain why dey were refused a uss visa when dey r off to uni .....abroad

6)be careful with canAda cos if you apply you must get it o,
apply with ur mum or hubby alone
Have good bank statement,be honest about usa denial add you hospital receipts to ur canada app if applying for medical or else even shengen will flag ur passport red tomorrow

Be positive its possible

Hello, how do I send you a DM? I am new to posting here. I have some questions I’ll like to ask.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blossom101: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
marina101:
Hi House!

Please, I need advice, my wife is going for her B2 interview soon. I am stated as her sponsor. Majority of the money proposed for the cost of birthing is in my company's account. Will it be right to transfer the money as bulk transfer to my wife's account? will the VO frown at bulk transfer? I was thinking of transferring the total amount budgeted from my company's account to her account, then write on the sponsor's letter that I am sponsoring and I have transferred the estimated cost to her. Will this fly?

OR

Can my wife go for the interview with my company's bank account statement?

NO. You can't use your company's bank statement . The last time I went for my child birth visa 2018 the VO categorically told me that company's account statement is not acceptable, thank God I went with my hubby's savings account bank statement
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ibukunpops(f): 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
Better to apply early

There seems to be a red flag about Texas, please research more and read more posts here.

The amount of 5,500 is definitely very low

ayinlaolajide:
Just bubbling this up again! I'll appreciate any help!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
Thank you for your suggestions back then.. Amen... Regards

Mamaroon:
Wow!!!

I remember you were jostling between dropbox and scheduling an appointment.

Very happy it worked out for you. I agree with the statements in bold. It is very interesting that people underestimate the value of honesty (as in, it is considered odd by some that you would apply to renew visa that has not expired). It is almost certain that your subsequent visas will not be an issue. All the best with the birth. May the lines ALWAYS fall for you in pleasant places as you walk in honesty.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lochinny: 12:56am On Aug 11, 2019
[quote author=TripleKMama post=80985417]POE TESTIMONY grin
Hi people. TKM arrived Atlanta POE @33wks. Flew Delta cum AF.

A big Congratulations @TripleKMama I pray I have such a smooth POE experience.
I have a visa I got in 2016 with hubby for vacation and used it once for vacation. We didn’t use it again and we just renewed it this year via Dropbox and it was renewed successfully. I wasn’t asked if I was pregnant via Dropbox. Then it was my early pregnancy stages. I want to use it for childbirth. I plan to travel early September at 32 weeks going to 33 weeks but really bothered about writing the change of intent letter. Coz of the recent developments. I have everything even the doctor’s appointment and everything. But I’m just bothered. Pls I need advice on what to do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Saskbound: 3:36am On Aug 11, 2019
Thanks for sharing your story, I had advised d someone here to do the same but she insisted on using the existing B1/2 rather than update to B2 (change of intent) . You can’t outsmart these people, honesty is key so you don’t get tangled in subsequent applications.
aamey15:
Long post alert, Success story

Its been a while since I posted on this platform but I think my story might help someone with this visa palava we are all experiencing. I will try to make it short( I hope so).
So after my dilemma with reapplying for a B2 visa even though I had a valid B1B2 visa( you can read my previous posts) , we eventually applied for B2 but selected the interview waiver and due to the ban for some reason it wasn’t a great option. Anyway my husband felt it was best to email the embassy asking for what to do considering we had used the current visa for visiting (which was the purpose of applying initially) and it is still valid till December 2019. Well we didn’t get a response from the embassy for a whole month and I had lost hope because I was scared to travel.
After a month I got an email from the embassy saying my visa wasn’t valid for birth travel at the time because that wasn’t the intent of it being issued to us and I had to visit embassy within a week for a new interview with my doctors appointment, proof of payment if any, receipts of previous births, budget sheet, bank statement.
So I visited the embassy and had an interview with the VO, bear in mind the embassy was empty that day apparently they had to cancel all appointments but luckily I had a prescheduled one so I was let in. I had to wait for about 45mins and was the only candidate in the embassy but a lady came in not too long after. I assure you I was terrified.
VO: Good day, sorry for keeping you waiting
Me: No problem
VO: Thank you for visiting the embassy. We asked to see you today
Me: Yes, I have a valid B1/B2 visa which I have used for travel but I intend to deliver and I contacted the embassy on what to do
VO: We appreciate your honesty. The reason we asked to see you is to know if you have the financial capacity to pay your bills and if you do may I see the proof
Me: Yes I do, I handed him my Bank statement as well as my Budget sheet. Then he starts going through the statement line by line ,from the name on the statement to the movement of cash, to the last page, maybe checking to confirm if I just put a huge cash in it I really don’t know but he spent more than 5 minutes on the statement
VO: What is the current balance on your account and who is *********
ME: I told him and the person he asked for is my husband… because he had seen frequent cash movement between the both of us
VO: Is this a joint account
ME: No its my personal account, I receive my salaries, profit sharing as well as monies from my husband in it
VO: Does your husband still work with bla bla and what do you do
ME: Yes he does and I work with bla bla
VO: How did you come up with the budget sheet you presented?
Me: I handed him the hospital I intend to use and the correspondence. My budget sheet was about 18k
VO: What pregnancy is this one and how many kids do you have
Me: This is my fourth pregnancy but I have 2 kids ( I guess he was just trying to reconfirm the information we had given at our previous interviews)
VO: Okay After a few minutes of writing and going through all the documents he says okay you are free to go
Me : Shocked because I was expecting a new visa or So, Does that mean I am okay to travel and I will not have issues at POE
VO: Yes, your details have been updated, have a safe delivery
Me: Thank you and I ran out..literally
I spent about 20 minutes with him or so but I tried to cut the story short. My opinion on what worked for me, honesty I tell you, even though I had a valid visa I didn’t want to jeopardize the opportunity given and bear in mind I had used the visa for its intent which was to travel for summer last year with the kids and the previous VO had stated that I had to inform the embassy if I was to travel for birth. It was a big gamble because I could have just used it like that and have issues at renewal in the future or maybe POE.

By the way my POE experience was so smooth ( I used ATL) the guy was even gisting with me asking if it was my first child and what sex I was having. Also asked how much money i had on me i had 8k dolls cash and about the same in my card. Stamped me in for 6 months.
I just went to carry my bag and zoomed off to my connecting flight. No bag was checked nothing
I hope this is helpful to someone thank you

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2019
[quote author=Lochinny post=81142282][/quote]

Introduction.
Honestly this topic had been treated well enough. Follow your gut feeling and stay honest. Pay all ur bills and come back. That's all.
I've never falsified anything and it worked for me.
I still maintain there's nothing cast on stone and if you get a kind VO during renewal, who takes time to listen to u and review ur documents, then you're good to go.

Update on my POE:
I also observed/learnt that on arrival at POE, whatever d CBP Officer asks u... for e.g. why are u here? Also always tell the truth. They put everything on record. They asked me and then wrote B2 with hand on the stamp. I believe it's been updated on the system too.

My life mantra.
Take one day at a time. If your aim is to deliver your baby this yr in the USA, pls stay focused and achieve that. When it's time for renewal, worry abt that. Who says u will need to travel to US soon or ever again? Why worry? Simply enjoy the moment. Go have ur baby. Document everything and keep all receipts.

Conclusion.
I'm not one to tell anyone to do this or that. Many critics and bullies here...and we are all mature to act right and face the consequences of our actions. Moreso, What worked for me may not necessarily work for you. Above all, most importantly, trust God every step of the way.

All the best.
Hugs. grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 10:17am On Aug 12, 2019
Saskbound:
Thanks for sharing your story, I had advised d someone here to do the same but she insisted on using the existing B1/2 rather than update to B2 (change of intent) . You can’t outsmart these people, honesty is key so you don’t get tangled in subsequent applications.

Yea but honesty could also mean genuinely not knowing u were pregnant at d time of Visa application or having initially used d Visa for something else before getting pregnant. Then changing ur mind.

Let's for once assume everyone is NOT fraud and look at issue holistically.
Life is dynamic. Things change. People do too.
I once wrote Change of Intent letter. It was acknowledged and I thot it worked for me but it doesn't work like that any more.
However, there have been modifications to it.

Some have tried to apply for Visa before their current valid Visa expired...and they weren't successful with renewal.

I've also learnt that people dont always tell u the whole story here on NL or any other social media in fact. Doesn't make it right or wrong anyways.

I just cant cite enough examples and variations to d story!

So everyone should just follow their gut feeling and coman share wit us while we keep learning.
In issues of life, one size does not and can never fit all.

Una wehdone oh grin

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 10:23am On Aug 12, 2019
ATLANTA MUMS (present & former)
Plix where can one buy affordable kids stuffs aged 0-10? Clothings, etc
I cannot coman kee myself on top this naija sun dey waka about without intuition. cool
Pls holla with useful information. cheesy

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lami88: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
TripleKMama:
I cannot coman kee myself on top this naija sun dey waka about without intuition. cool

Thanks in advance.
Affordable? Try marshalls..they stock several brands at lowest prices. You can try Burlington too. Ross is another place. I cant bank on the quality but you can be lucky sometimes especially when they have new arrivals

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
TripleKMama:

Thanks in advance.

Which area of ATL are you? So I can direct you to better Ross or marshal shops. You can get good and affordable brand names in either place.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 11:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
lami88:

Affordable? Try marshalls..they stock several brands at lowest prices. You can try Burlington too. Ross is another place. I cant bank on the quality but you can be lucky sometimes especially when they have new arrivals

Oh thanks. I passed Marshalls yday on my way back from church. I should check it out soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 11:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
flourishing247:

Which area of ATL are you? So I can direct you to better Ross or marshal shops. You can get good and affordable brand names in either place.

Sandy Springs
Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 11:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
TripleKMama:

Sandy Springs
Thanks dear

It's a nice area so Ross will do just fine.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lochinny: 1:03am On Aug 14, 2019
[quote author=TripleKMama post=81176342]

Thank you so much @TripleKMama! You just calmed my nerves! I appreciate. I wasn’t pregnant when I got my first visa and my renewal was via Dropbox. I’ll follow my guts as you adviced and I pray to come back here and testify too! Thank you grin kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2019
[quote author=Lochinny post=81234180][/quote]
Happy to help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 11:19am On Aug 14, 2019
flourishing247:

It's a nice area so Ross will do just fine.
Thank you. I'll check them out soonest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by coffeeblue(f): 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
Please help

I have my visa appointment next month, and I just stumbled on this thread again.

I had my first baby in 2015 using B1/B2 visa, unfortunately, in this application, I selected just B1/B2 visa again instead of B2.
What can I do to change it or how do I go from here?
I have my zero balance receipt from the hospital as well as some other receipts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Motherof1: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2019
I went for my interview today! The v.o was so mean, she had denied every one before me. So when it was my turn, she had a straight face one, and requests my passport.? She asked my reason for going to the US, I said vacation and to take my son for to the(she cuts me off but I continued anyways) hospital for medical appointment.
Then she asks why he wasn’t applying for the vusa with me. I said he is a US Citizen. Then she shook her head. She asked how much I paid in the hospital, I told her $6400( hospital and obgyn) She asked if I made change of intent. I told her I had sent the email out, (because at that time, that was what we had to do)
I brought out the receipts and gave her. She went through it, and asked my I received a discount. And I said I paid what I was asked to pay. Because I paid my delivery fees even before my delivery. So she said no, I had received a discount. Then asked for my son’s birth certificate, and asks me to to read the address on it, I did. Apparently the address says Texas. She said you see, you said you reside in Texas, so you received a discount. I insisted that I didn’t, and showed her the document for early self Pay patients, the hospital had asked me to sign. She didn’t go through it. She Just kept her straight face whilst drinking her tea. Then she asked if health care was so cheap why do you think Americans would complain? At this point I go tired. She handed me the yellow paper, as well as my passports and we made eye contact, then I walked away. She neither asked for any other documents, nor asked any other question.

I felt really bad, never been denied any visa.
I kept farting silently because I was nervous.���

1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernaturalone: 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
So so sorry about your experience. Do take heart!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 12:11am On Aug 21, 2019
Motherof1:
I went for my interview today! The v.o was so mean, she had denied every one before me. So when it was my turn, she had a straight face one, and requests my passport.? She asked my reason for going to the US, I said vacation and to take my son for to the(she cuts me off but I continued anyways) hospital for medical appointment.
Then she asks why he wasn’t applying for the vusa with me. I said he is a US Citizen. Then she shook her head. She asked how much I paid in the hospital, I told her $6400( hospital and obgyn) She asked if I made change of intent. I told her I had sent the email out, (because at that time, that was what we had to do)
I brought out the receipts and gave her. She went through it, and asked my I received a discount. And I said I paid what I was asked to pay. Because I paid my delivery fees even before my delivery. So she said no, I had received a discount. Then asked for my son’s birth certificate, and asks me to to read the address on it, I did. Apparently the address says Texas. She said you see, you said you reside in Texas, so you received a discount. I insisted that I didn’t, and showed her the document for early self Pay patients, the hospital had asked me to sign. She didn’t go through it. She Just kept her straight face whilst drinking her tea. Then she asked if health care was so cheap why do you think Americans would complain? At this point I go tired. She handed me the yellow paper, as well as my passports and we made eye contact, then I walked away. She neither asked for any other documents, nor asked any other question.

The VO was right. If the average American paid $6400 for childbirth, healthcare costs would not be the massive problem it is today. My wife got a less than 30 minute non invasive procedure that did not require her to be anaesthesized two weeks ago, it cost us over $2100.

The truth is you’re paying costs usually reserved for the poor US citizens. That’s why she asked for the contact address you claimed when your son was born.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Reine22: 8:24am On Aug 21, 2019
Sorry about your experience. The issues the VO raised have all been discussed extensively in this forum. Some steps to resolve the address and payment issues have been shared. Refer to previous posts. Try to address them before your next application so you’ll be better prepared.

Motherof1:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
But wait... the quotation above was from a US hospital and nowhere was it stated that the cost is for Poor or Rich america. Please i need enlightenment, if you visit the same hospital are you not going to pay the same price quoted above for the same purpose if you are paying out of pocket? or is there something i dont know? am asking because many people visit US hospitals not only for birth but for other issues and they paid the exact money quoted by those hospital in cash, how as that amounted to a crime? Agreed it's their country and its their visa, how is it reasonable for me to see two hospitals rendering the same services or procedures and you ask me to go for the higher cost. @Twood i actually need your input here maybe there is a policy that majority are not aware of as regard Medical Visit in US

TWoods:

The VO was right. If the average American paid $6400 for childbirth, healthcare costs would not be the massive problem it is today. My wife got a less than 30 minute non invasive procedure that did not require her to be anaesthesized two weeks ago, it cost us over $2100.

The truth is you’re paying costs usually reserved for the poor US citizens. That’s why she asked for the contact address you claimed when your son was born.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.