Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167106 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 15, 2019

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 7:08am On Nov 15, 2019
Bluefin:

No there was no medicaid to bail them out and they did not migrate the way migration is now. BUT they had solid education and jobs that gave them solid health insurance which they did not have to[b] pay so much out of pocket for[/b]. Not everyone moves to America privilèged like they were and i always acknowledge that. They worked for the United Nations which is why they are global citizens. If America was founded with the aggression, rudeness and selfishness of people like you,
- You would not have been given a chance to migrate
- The so called medicare, medicaid and health care bills would not exist.
-America would not be what it is today as it was built on the hard work and resilience of many immigrants

The fact that someone needs public assistance now does not mean they would not better themselves, have solid jobs and become good tax payers contributing to the society in the near future.

You need to take a back seat and mind how you address people on the forum or else maybe you would be alone on this forum.

It’s a faceless forum, people come, people go. People have opinions and they don’t necessarily need to be in sync with yours.

America was built by white Europeans, not you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 15, 2019

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by desy24444(m): 9:09am On Nov 15, 2019
Indeed, this is a wrong forum for this. Just so you know, she qualify for medicaid because no one is working yet. In addition, public charge rules have nothing to do with legal residence. Again, I am not trying to cheat the system. We all like to judge someone here not knowing the predicament of the person. Thank you all for the response

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temistraws: 9:23am On Nov 15, 2019
Good morning everyone.

Please does anyone have any info on how to pay discounts from hospital in Texas?

I had my last baby in WHMC, Houston and was given some discounts as a self pay patient but the embassy is insisting that it’s too much and was denied in July..

Tried applying again after so much back and forth with the hospital and they kept insisting they can’t collect any more money from me as I am not owing them.

I just left the embassy and was still denied visa cuz of this same discount issue but the V.O asked me to search google and look for means of payment to the state as he has seen some people with similar case make such payment.

Please any one with useful info should please reply ASAP.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 15, 2019

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mysha03: 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2019
You should try calling them again. I called them three weeks ago and I was told I can make payment for the balance if I want to

temistraws:
Good morning everyone.

Please does anyone have any info on how to pay discounts from hospital in Texas?

I had my last baby in WHMC, Houston and was given some discounts as a self pay patient but the embassy is insisting that it’s too much and was denied in July..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bluefin:

No there was no medicaid to bail them out and they did not migrate the way migration is now. BUT they had solid education and jobs that gave them solid health insurance which they did not have to[b] pay so much out of pocket for[/b]. Not everyone moves to America privilèged like they were and i always acknowledge that. They worked for the United Nations which is why they are global citizens. If America was founded with the aggression, rudeness and selfishness of people like you,
-America would not be what it is today as it was built on the hard work and resilience of many immigrants

The fact that someone needs public assistance now does not mean they would not better themselves, have solid jobs and become good tax payers contributing to the society in the near future.

You need to take a back seat and mind how you address people on the forum or else maybe you would be alone on this forum.

Thanks for schooling him. Always acting goody two shoes and upright but we know his kind. He disappears for a long time whenever his credibility is called into question and has to defend himself and only reappears when he thinks the dust has settled and the coast is clear. Na him modus operandi be that.

In as much as I detest taking advantage of the Medicaid system, the OP’s case is entirely different. I don’t mind him making use of Medicaid at all, cos eventually when him and his spouse starts working they will pay into it.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FabioPeter: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
Bluefin:

You can try wycoff medical center they would give entire package

Thank you, I have tried the hotlines on their website no response. This is the case with two other NY hospital. Pls share email/contact of a physician at Wyckoff Medical centre or any good hospital in NY. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temistraws: 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hello, thanks for this info.
Did you also use WHMC, Houston? They already specifically told me they can’t accept any form of payment from me again.

Mysha03:
You should try calling them again. I called them three weeks ago and I was told I can make payment for the balance if I want to

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ELIZABET: 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
Good day good people.
I got to start following this thread this year under the B2 visa renewal issues. Particularly 2017 I was at Oakbend medical center, Texas to give birth to our first child.
Visa expired and hubby renewed his successfully.
However on my profile page I could see an appointment but won't able to pick the appointment.it keeps giving an error notification (pls see my attachment). I sent several emails and made calls to the call center but was told they had escalated it. First it was showing 221g from there own end.I hadn't made a prior application or done any drop box. So was surprised to see the 221g on my profile. Though I applied for F1 last year 2018 when had the window to do so but was denied. I git back to my work. I took in and I was distressed that after five months of complaining able the inability to pick appointment it was not resolved.
I took up courage to call an agent few weeks, ago I had never used agents before . The agent told me he knows of a CGI guys who can help me with the error messages and would help me book an appointment.low and behold as soon as u sent the guy 50k as charged he booked the appointment which was today.
My interview today wasn't successful as it looked like the vo wasn't ready to give visa. I presented all the required documents and itemized bills yet was found not eligible to for va isa.
I had a mind to reapply soonest as my due date is drawing nearer, however, wI as surprised to find the same initial problem I encountered not able to pick an appointment even when it showed clearly on my profile. I am not ready to continue paying the 50k each time as I strongly feel its not right for me to continuously exploit this way. Can't this be resolved legally without having to wait for forever or pay us partner agent such huge money to rectify it from there system.

I need help right now (don't pass judgment pls) as I'm not US migrant but a Nigerian who is only sacrificing for my children, giving them the privilege I never had.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temistraws: 7:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
Thank you so much for this info. I appreciate your contribution.

Bluefin:

I think something you can do is to make a donation to the hospital for the equivalent of the amount you were discounted. Most US hospitals have a link on the website for donations. After you do the donation they will send you a donation statement. Perhaps you can try to use this to remedy the situation. You can then explain at the embassy that at the time you were given the discounts you did not know that it would be an issue but o remedy the situation you have made a donation and show them the evidence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Malevonent: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hello good people.
Anybody ever birthed in Georgia or Oklahoma?.
Looking for decently priced hospitals/doctors

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Becca01: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
Was it in Lagos?
Asakestark:
Hello House,

Thank you to all the contributors for the advice and tips.

I learnt a lot from the platform and thought to give my experience at my appointment today.

The VO experience of others helped me to prepare in advance for mine, so here goes:

BTW I applied for a medical visa and my husband a tourist visa, both first time applicants.

VO: Good morning
US: Morning
VO: Why are you visiting the US?
HB: For the birth of our first child
VO: How long do you plan to stay in the US?
HB: 4 weeks and my wife about 11 weeks
VO: What do you do ?
HB: Answers
ME: Answers
VO: What do you earn ?
HB: Answers
VO: Have you travelled to any other countries?
HB: Yes, UK
ME: UK and Ghana
VO: Do you have any evidence of funds for me?
HB: Yes /Hands over bank statements/
VO: /Looks through statement/ I can see some investments here…
ME: Yes, they are in for 30 days and can be liquidated midway if required /Quickly said that cause the closing balance was 2k but we had a letter indicating it had been placed on a fixed deposit cycle/
VO: What’s the name of the hospital you plan to use?
VO: Did they tell you how much it’ll cost?
ME: Yes, about 10k for normal delivery and 12k plus for C-section /I look down at hospital breakdown/
VO: Can I see that?
ME: Yes /Hands over hospital breakdown/
VO: /Goes through breakdown /Hands breakdown back/ Did the hospital mention any discounts?
ME: No
VO: Okay, I’m going to grant you a visa at this time, but I need to advise you. I think the cost for the normal delivery, 10k, is low but that’s okay. Sometimes the hospitals offer some discount which they transfer to the US government and which you’re not entitled to so if they offer you a discount, just decline else it may affect your future applications.
US: Noted, Thank you
VO: /Hands us a slip/ Please pay the reciprocity fees at aisle ** and you will be contacted to collect your passport in a few days.

Reciprocity fee was N40,700.00 per person. Please take along the right amount, we had to wait for an hour to pay cause they didn’t have change and we were told you cannot leave your change.

Also my husband’s statements were in his company’s name and the VO didn’t ask any questions in this regard, I had read somewhere company accounts was a no-no, but we had taken the registration documents to show proof of ownership and collected letters from the banks stating he was the sole signatory.

Then again, it may not have been an issue because we were both present at the interview, if I had applied alone and taken his company’s account perhaps there may have been further questions.

Hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Xclusivemaama: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2019
Malevonent:
Hello good people.
Anybody ever birthed in Georgia or Oklahoma?.
Looking for decently priced hospitals/doctors

I used catersville medical centre, Georgia in 2017

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
good day good people[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by IbkA: 11:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good evening,

I would like to know if anyone has given birth in Cleveland Ohio before. Also in terms of POE which do u think is more friendly. I have the option of coming through Chicago or Atlanta and New York as there are no direct flights to Cleveland Ohio.
I would also appreciate some advise from those who gave birth after Oct 29 2019 on the new process of getting your baby’s passport and all. I’m asking cause of the publication in the news sometime ago about the 6 weeks stay to get citizenship for a child.

I appreciate your kind response.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 9:56am On Nov 19, 2019
Good morning all.
Please who has successfully changed the address on their child's birth certificate.
I had my baby a year ago in Houston and pleaded with the hospital to use my Nigerian residential address. The lady insisted that they can't put a foreign address on a birth certificate.

Today, I went back to the US birth certificate office and explained my request. They said such changes are only done online and processed in Austin. I spoke with 3 different staff and they all said the same thing.

Please who has successfully changed theirs?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
happyme31:
Good morning all.
Please who has successfully changed the address on their child's birth certificate.
I had my baby a year ago in Houston and pleaded with the hospital to use my Nigerian residential address. The lady insisted that they can't put a foreign address on a birth certificate.

Today, I went back to the US birth certificate office and explained my request. They said such changes are only done online and processed in Austin. I spoke with 3 different staff and they all said the same thing.

Please who has successfully changed theirs?

Why are you bothering yourself to have the address on your child's birth certificate change to a Nigerian address.

Didn't you have this child in the US? Didn't you stay temporary in a US State before you had your child?

Still not getting the problem here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Why are you bothering yourself to have the address on your child's birth certificate change to a Nigerian address.

Didn't you have this child in the US? Didn't you stay temporary in a US State before you had your child?

Still not getting the problem here

Thanks beauty.
I have read here severally that VOs want to see Nigerian residential address on the bc to show that we aren't claiming to be Americans thereby misleading the hospital to give us huge discounts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mldtemi(f): 11:17am On Nov 20, 2019
Guy,

Take a chill pill.

TWoods:

There is a reason a public charge question is clearly listed on the i-485, to prevent situations like this. You can rail all you want. We pay taxes to help the poor, the disabled and those unable to work. We do not pay taxes so calculating immigrants can try to scam the system... if he has insurance and and job, he is not here on a humanitarian visa, simply trying to avoid out of pocket costs by offloading that on the unsuspecting public. If every immigrant treated the public till with such disdain, it would have ceased to exist. There is a reason we all emigrated from Nigeria... I’d like to not end up in Nigeria a second time.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mldtemi(f): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2019
Making donations The truth is if you donate even 50k dollars. If they will not give someone, they will not.

Their system has been gamed for a long time. They are hurting and they are lashing out. We have a target on our back - Nigeria.

My advise, keep your money. I don’t know about others, but making money in Nigeria is not easy. I can’t come and spend it on something that is not sure. That will be double jeopardy. Because if after lying back or donating, they deny you, it can lead to deppression oooo. if you must travel, get elsewhere. Do your research- there are many opportunities out there.

My 5 naira.

Bluefin:

I think something you can do is to make a donation to the hospital for the equivalent of the amount you were discounted. Most US hospitals have a link on the website for donations. After you do the donation they will send you a donation statement. Perhaps you can try to use this to remedy the situation. You can then explain at the embassy that at the time you were given the discounts you did not know that it would be an issue but o remedy the situation you have made a donation and show them the evidence

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FabioPeter: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2019
mldtemi:
Wyckoff women health center-+1 (718) 486-4155

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, it helped. I got a cost estimate of 9,500 for VD and 15,000 for CS(non negotiable and no discount) Cost covers doctor, epidural, Pediatrician and 2 days hospital stay. They insist I make an appointment over the phone to get a confirmation letter.

I made the call and got a physician assigned, forwarded my details but I am yet to get a confirmation letter, guess it may take a few days.

Will 9,500 be ok with VO?

Doing all these on behalf of DW, right now I am really feeling the phrase “we are pregnant” cheesy

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mldtemi(f): 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
Well, that is the quote I got too. I went to missionary journey with B1/B2 so I might not be able to tell you a yes or no. But just ensure that you have more than the 15k dollars of CS as proof of funds. All the VO wants to see is that you have enough money to take care of both yourself and the bill. Because giving birth in the US is expensive. 10k dollars is 3.6million naira already. That can build a house or start a business.

It is true that cost can easily escalate when it comes to child birth. I am a witness to that.

Although I used Wyckoff initially but I ended up at Long Island Jewish Medical Center (LIJ), Katz women. They are more expensive than Wyckoff. I paid 21k dollars for CS.

FabioPeter:

Thanks a lot, it helped. I got a cost estimate of 9,500 for VD and 15,000 for CS(non negotiable and no discount) Cost covers doctor, epidural, Pediatrician and 2 days hospital stay. They insist I make an appointment over the phone to get a confirmation letter.

I made the call and got a physician assigned, forwarded my details but I am yet to get a confirmation letter, guess it may take a few days.

Will 9,500 be ok with VO?

Doing all these on behalf of DW, right now I am really feeling the phrase “we are pregnant” cheesy

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FabioPeter: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
mldtemi:
Well, that is the quote I got too. I went to missionary journey with B1/B2 so I might not be able to tell you a yes or no. But just ensure that you have more than the 15k dollars of CS as proof of funds. All the VO wants to see is that you have enough money to take care of both yourself and the bill. Because giving birth in the US is expensive. 10k dollars is 3.6million naira already. That can build a house or start a business.

It is true that cost can easily escalate when it comes to child birth. I am a witness to that.

Although I used Wyckoff initially but I ended up at Long Island Jewish Medical Center (LIJ), Katz women. They are more expensive than Wyckoff. I paid 21k dollars for CS.

Wow! That’s a lot, probably the monthly allocation for some local govt here. Anyway, I hope for the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Laurieuc: 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please how much in total did you pay? What amount was the hospital fee?

uote author=temistraws post=84044071]Good morning everyone.

Tried applying again after so much back and forth with the hospital and they kept insisting they can’t collect any more money from me as I am not owing them.

I just left the embassy and was still denied visa cuz of this same discount issue but the V.O asked me to search google and look for means of payment to the state as he has seen some people with similar case make such payment.

Please any one with useful info should please reply ASAP.

Thank you. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Laurieuc: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please what year did youbgive birth there and how much did you pay?

quote author=temistraws post=84053471]
Hello, thanks for this info.
Did you also use WHMC, Houston? They already specifically told me they can’t accept any form of payment from me again.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2019
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2019
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2019
Bluefin:

They worked for the United Nations which is why they are global citizens. If America was founded with the aggression, rudeness and selfishness of people like you,

R.E.S.P.E.C.T !

We don't need all the negativity and name calling just because it is a faceless forum.
Faceless forum that has given us info and other benefits. I met a very kind friend-turned-sister on this forum and I'm forever grateful.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.