Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,725 members, 7,809,764 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162556 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 2:46pm On Nov 13, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...looks that way from his post.

Looks like he’s asking the wrong question.

We don’t give out information on how to abuse the Medicaid System.

Neither do we encourage prospective mothers to give birth using Medicaid as a form of payment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2019
Laurieuc:
Good day everyone

Please i have a question, i am preparing to apply for my US B2 visa by tuesday next week and i want to use an agent who says she will be able to get me a date this November for interview because my due date is fast appproaching

Please has anyone used this means to get an interview? Is it a good idea are there any consequences?

My good people kindly advise me thanks

late november dates are available in abuja, you dont need an agent. just log in and book
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Arexit: 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
ccemordi:
Hi all,

Well today I went for renewal with my wife & kids but got bounced.

transcript.

VO: why u going to America?
Me: Vacation
VO: where ?
Me: Orlando
VO: what other countries av I bin to?
Me: US, Dubai, SA, Malaysia, Ghana, Benin...
VO: How many times have you been to d US?
Me: 2 Times
VO: asked how long I stayed in US on my last visit
Me: 2weeks but wife and kids stay for 1month
VO : asked my profession and monthly income
Me: I answered
VO: asked my wife same question
DW: answered
VO: asked for LO payment receipt
Me: I handed over the receipts and budget sheet used.
VO: Checked everything 1 by 1
Me: waiting and it was taking forever cos d VO kept on typing
VO: after like 3 to 4mins, said unfortunately bla blah and handed over d pink form
Me: I was shocked, said thanks and walked away.

He didn’t check any document , just the birth payment receipt and all.

Note: my wife gave birth though C section and the total bills was a little above $10k. I paid everything and got zero balance but I guess it wasn’t enough per their calculation...

Exhausted already as I was planning good family vacation dis December to Orlando.. Pls house do you advise I reapply immediately or give it some time ?

pls did you inform them at POE and was your wife stamped B2 at entry?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by desy24444(m): 7:45am On Nov 14, 2019
7Alexandre:

Are you trying to use Medicaid as an immigrant or non-immigrant?
immigrant
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by desy24444(m): 7:46am On Nov 14, 2019
Bluefin:

Hi, first I think you are on the wrong thread/forum. Most of the people here are not in the same bracket as yourself. Anyway, you just need to find an obygyn near your house. This is the best way to start. Once you do tell them that you would be using Medicare. They can apply for you directly. Alternatively, go to the hospital you plan to deliver and ask how to apply for Medicare.

I believe it’s a little complicated as they usually would not give a new immigrant medicare( when you applied for migration you must have showed some sort of funds you had available to settle for at least 6 months even if you are unemployed) I’m not sure how it works. You can also go to care.gov. Note that you would at least need a social security number before you can do any of this legally and properly.

PS: if any of you is able to get a job before the delivery date, your employer would provide you insurance and that can also cover your spouse.

You should also check https://medicaid.georgia.gov/eligibility-faqs

Good luck!
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by desy24444(m): 7:48am On Nov 14, 2019
7Alexandre:

Looks like he’s asking the wrong question.

We don’t give out information on how to abuse the Medicaid System.

Neither do we encourage prospective mothers to give birth using Medicaid as a form of payment.
I am a legal residence and I am not trying to abuse the system. When I start working, I will file and pay my tax including contributing to social security. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2019
desy24444:
immigrant

Ok.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2019
desy24444:
I am a legal residence and I am not trying to abuse the system. When I start working, I will file and pay my tax including contributing to social security. Thank you

Ok.

For information about Medicaid you will need to visit the Department of Social Services in your county.

Just go with your wife including your proof of permanent resident & they will assist you in applying for Medicaid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2019
desy24444:

Yes you are abusing the system. One of the requirements for adjustment of status is proof of funds. Hopefully you didn’t have someone sponsor you? That person would be legally obligated to repay the state whatever funds you used.

See page 12 - https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-485instr.pdf?download=1
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 14, 2019
Hello,
Please is there anyone here that used Emory and Dr Tate between 2017 and 2018 and has successfully renewed their visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FabioPeter: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2019
Hello everyone, how do I get to find a doctor/O&G in New York who can give me total cost for self pay child birth service. All the options I got online aren't responding. I will also appreciate if anyone who has used New York gives me the contact of a doctor in NY.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by desy24444(m): 4:09pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bluefin:
wink

This is not a case of adjustment of status from my understanding. He relocated with PERM status directly from Nigeria. If he is not employed he has the legal right to seek assistance for his pregnant wife since he just moved and would have no source of income for the first few months. Also i think his case is different as the funds you would need to show is cost of living not necessarily for serious medical expenses like a pregnancy.

Although i have never heard of anyone who moved to the US with a green card except family sponsorship (one member of the family is already based here and working and would have insurance) or green card lottery.

I really am not sure how medicaid works but i believe it would apply to him since pregnancy and those above 65 are considered first.
good. That is the case. I moved from Nigeria with a GC. My insurance will kick in in about 30days but my wife doesn't have insurance yet. Just need a recommendations on how to get a doctor in Atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by desy24444(m): 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
TWoods:

Yes you are abusing the system. One of the requirements for adjustment of status is proof of funds. Hopefully you didn’t have someone sponsor you? That person would be legally obligated to repay the state whatever funds you used.

See page 12 - https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-485instr.pdf?download=1
you have no idea

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bluefin:
wink

This is not a case of adjustment of status from my understanding. He relocated with PERM status directly from Nigeria. If he is not employed he has the legal right to seek assistance for his pregnant wife since he just moved and would have no source of income for the first few months. Also i think his case is different as the funds you would need to show is cost of living not necessarily for serious medical expenses like a pregnancy.

Although i have never heard of anyone who moved to the US with a green card except family sponsorship (one member of the family is already based here and working and would have insurance) or green card lottery.

I really am not sure how medicaid works but i believe it would apply to him since pregnancy and those above 65 are considered first.

Regardless of how he relocated, he must have filed an I-485 form. That form requires the applicant to show proof of funds, either in form of a job or sponsorship.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
desy24444:
good. That is the case. I moved from Nigeria with a GC. My insurance will kick in in about 30days but my wife doesn't have insurance yet. Just need a recommendations on how to get a doctor in Atlanta

Why is your wife not covered under your insurance plan? Are you trying to avoid co-pays and deductibles? More likely she will be denied Medicaid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2019

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
TWoods:

Why is your wife not covered under your insurance plan? Are you trying to avoid co-pays and deductibles? More likely she will be denied Medicaid.

It sure looks that way.

He doesn't want to get the family coverage of HealthCare insurance if he can get his wife and unborn child's healthcare to be paid by tax payers. undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bluefin:

He just told you that his insurance will kick in 30 days so of course even if his wife is covered she won’t have insurance and is probably already close to her due date. Even with insurance one can still get Medicaid if the income does not balance out with the number of dependents. Please stop making assumptions and making people uncomfortable.

I’m sure it’s uncomfortable to you because most are not familiar with a life that does not involve shortcuts and cheating the system. If everyone tried to undercut the system like him, do you think he’d have Medicaid available to him like in Nigeria? Does he take the rest of us who pay co-pays and deductibles for our spouses for fools?

He is free to pay out of pocket for his wife’s medical care until his insurance kicks in. Why is that not a viable option? Medicaid is created specifically for those who genuinely have nothing, the disabled etc. not for those trying to do an end run around the system. He’s paid zero taxes into the system, why does he feel entitled to take from it?

Thankfully using public funds shortly after getting a green card is now part of the questions he will be asked at his naturalization interview. I hope he doesn’t have regrets then. Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mandex11: 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
@*#@#@ @*@@### undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
Bluefin:

Proof of funds yes for cost of living not cost of serious health care need like a pregnancy and a delivery.

“In general, you must demonstrate that you are not likely to become a public charge. This means you must show that you will be able to financially support yourself as a lawful permanent resident living indefinitely in the United States.”

That is the language used in the instructions manual when filling the i-485. Public charge includes using Medicaid for pregnancy and delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2019

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 12:44am On Nov 15, 2019
Bluefin:

You truly have no idea. You cannot sit behind your screen and type like you know people or their situation. He NEVER asked for a short cut. He wants to know what options are available to him as a new immigrant who is legally expecting a US citizen child. While I generally don’t support all these funny illegal migration and deceit, I think all the taxes people like me have paid including IRS adjustments to pay additional taxes since my bar admission and law school graduation without ever receiving any benefit is created for people who truly can not afford, it is ok for situations like this.because when he starts work he will probably pay it all back in taxes. It’s not like he’s taking this benefit and loving back to nigeria. My problem is with those who apply for visit and non immigrant visas and try to cheat the system.

Please be guided as I will not respond further to this matter since I do not know the individual in question. You don’t know him either or his financial situation. You don’t know if he moved through a type of humanitarian visa. You don’t know if he just truly has no funds after spending so much to move a pregnant wife from Nigeria. Please don’t compound people’s problems if you cannot help them.

Like I said he’s on the wrong forum. I’m sure there’s something for new immigrants on other Web sites.

There is a reason a public charge question is clearly listed on the i-485, to prevent situations like this. You can rail all you want. We pay taxes to help the poor, the disabled and those unable to work. We do not pay taxes so calculating immigrants can try to scam the system... if he has insurance and and job, he is not here on a humanitarian visa, simply trying to avoid out of pocket costs by offloading that on the unsuspecting public. If every immigrant treated the public till with such disdain, it would have ceased to exist. There is a reason we all emigrated from Nigeria... I’d like to not end up in Nigeria a second time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:49am On Nov 15, 2019

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 4:32am On Nov 15, 2019
desy24444:
Hi all, i came in here a couple of days back as an immigrant. My wife is pregnant and almost 36 weeks gone. i am looking for recommendation on some of the hospitals around Buford, Georgia area and also any information about medical assistance like medicaid will be deeply appreciated. Thank you @tripleKmama

Just so you know, most of us here run from that word 'medicaid'.

However, cases like this are the reason DT is trying to limit the classes of immigrants into the US. I once read an article where he said they don't need people that'd come into their country and depend on government handouts. As a matter of fact, same article said if you cannot afford to take care of yourself and family without government assistance, then don't come. Don't know how true though.

How can you even be couple of days old on US soil and want medicaid?

Anyway, good luck with that but know this will add to the statistics and further make it difficult for future immigrants. Just saying

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 5:14am On Nov 15, 2019
Bluefin:

Another assumption. You migrated from Nigeria. I did not- my parents did.

Feel free to ask them why they did. I’m sure there was no Medicaid to bail them out, even if they needed the help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 15, 2019

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.