Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167019 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2019
meelife:
I got a quote from Emory Hospital and they gave this quote.
Thank you for this information! I’d be happy to answer your following questions:

1. The cost of $10,740 and $13,564 includes a 35% discount.

2. This cost includes: delivery (physician fees), prenatal care, anesthesia, and facility fees ONLY. Additional services such as pediatric care, lab testing, imaging, stitching, etc. will be additional costs billed after hospital discharge.

3. Yes this includes the doctor’s fee.

4. Anesthesia is included in this cost

5. In the event patient does not use prenatal care, a refund will be processed back to the original method of payment.

6. Additional services such as pediatric care, lab testing, imaging, stitching, etc. will be additional costs billed after hospital discharge.

My question is what do they mean by Stiching on point 6. If CS is done won't stitching be included?
Please can someone advise.Or who ever has used this package before please help explain.

did you later go ahead with this package @ Emory?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Laurieuc: 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
Hello people

Hope you are all doing good

So i went for my vusa interview today and was denied

The visa officer only asked where i work and what i do and which country i have been ro before and i said UK

Next thing she said i am not eligible...she did not bother to ask for any documents. I had my doctors appointment, i had even paid most of the doctor's fee

What could have informed this? Looking through my form am wondering if it has to do with contact info in the US when filling the form i put the name of the Doctor under organisation name and put contact as "i dont know" because the form never allowed me at the point of filling to put both name of contact and Org. name and contact at the same time. Dunno why...

Also when it asked if i had done print for all 10 fingers i said NO because i frankly could not remember if i did the last time i was granted visa.

Or could it be that the officer didnt hear when i said vacation and Childbirth? Meanwhile my baby bump is obviously showing

I am really confused...anyway...its all good

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by roberta26: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2019
cretin:

cc nsikan1000

are you guys using doctor Tate?,
emory hospital money plenty small, almost 11k for v birth and 14k for c section, and it appears docs fee aint even inclusive
[quote author=cretin post=84303422]
cc nsikan1000

Hi, regarding the quote from Emory Hospital, if you inform them you already have a doctor for your prenatal care, they will readjust the quote for you. The quote i got was $7275 for CS n $5075 for normal delivery

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by roberta26: 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2019
Goodmorning everyone! Its been a while I posted here but i have been silently catching up.
I just wanted to ask if anyone has used Miami as POE before. I arrived in Atlanta yesterday.. Miami was my POE, however i was surprised there was no CBP interview issh. We had to use a self service machine for scanning passport and fingerprinting, which printed out a receipt that i handed over to the officer . No stamping of passport whatsoever, and we were asked to go. I travelled with my daughter (had her in US 2015).
Im still abit confused. Just wanted to see if anyone has had similar experience.. as I haven’t been to US Since 2015.
Thanks guys.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dollarandme: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
roberta26:
Goodmorning everyone! Its been a while I posted here but i have been silently catching up.
I just wanted to ask if anyone has used Miami as POE before. I arrived in Atlanta yesterday.. Miami was my POE, however i was surprised there was no CBP interview issh. We had to use a self service machine for scanning passport and fingerprinting, which printed out a receipt that i handed over to the officer . No stamping of passport whatsoever, and we were asked to go. I travelled with my daughter (had her in US 2015).
Im still abit confused. Just wanted to see if anyone has had similar experience.. as I haven’t been to US Since 2015.
Thanks guys.

Na vip airport you pass,no need to waste ink or time stamping passport when all his electronic this days but you can track your travel entry to usa and ur duration of stay on U.S. Customs and Border Protection (i94) even if your passport was not stamped so far you have i94 on record it all ok

"Foreign visitors to the U.S. arriving via air or sea no longer need to complete paper Customs and Border Protection Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record or Form I-94W Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver Arrival/Departure Record. Those who need to prove their legal-visitor status—to employers, schools/universities or government agencies—can access their CBP arrival/departure record information online".

International travelers visiting the United States can apply for or retrieve their I-94 admission number/record (which is proof of legal visitor status) as well as retrieve a limited travel history of their U.S. arrivals and departures

go to their website and you can click on recent i94 ,input your passport number first and last name with your date of birth and you go see ur entry details,visa class and date you allowed to stay till or you go to history and you go see all date you entry and depart usa since last 10 years

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=roberta26 post=84382999][/quote].

ok gr8, am thinking of using dr T, and his quote is a lil above 2k. from what you just said, seems i would be able to shave off 2k or 3k from their quote after the readjustment.??.
how much was shaved off urs?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by roberta26: 11:38am On Nov 27, 2019
dollarandme:

Na vip airport you pass,no need to waste ink or time stamping passport when all his electronic this days but you can track your travel entry to usa and ur duration of stay on U.S. Customs and Border Protection (i94) even if your passport was not stamped so far you have i94 on record it all ok

"Foreign visitors to the U.S. arriving via air or sea no longer need to complete paper Customs and Border Protection Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record or Form I-94W Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver Arrival/Departure Record. Those who need to prove their legal-visitor status—to employers, schools/universities or government agencies—can access their CBP arrival/departure record information online".

International travelers visiting the United States can apply for or retrieve their I-94 admission number/record (which is proof of legal visitor status) as well as retrieve a limited travel history of their U.S. arrivals and departures

go to their website and you can click on recent i94 ,input your passport number first and last name with your date of birth and you go see ur entry details,visa class and date you allowed to stay till or you go to history and you go see all date you entry and depart usa since last 10 years

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

Thank you very much! Thats very enlightening and good to know. Il check it out then. Thanks alot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by roberta26: 11:42am On Nov 27, 2019
cretin:

ok gr8, am thinking of using dr T, and his quote is a lil above 2k. from what you just said, seems i would be able to shave off 2k or 3k from their quote after the readjustment.??.
how much was shaved off urs?
I got the quote reduced to the 7275$ fr csection when i told them i will be using Dr Tate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dennyjuff: 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
My POE experience yesterday..
in my visa application, I stated I’d be going to Virginia for my delivery I got the visa. But I changed my hospital, doc and state due to some reasons. Everyone was worried it may be an issue at POE.
So I arrived Atlanta yesterday. There was a long ass queue. I signaled to one of the airport officials (a lady) that I couldn’t stay on the queue Cos I’m heavy. She spoke to one of the guys and they directed me to go do my scan.
CBP official : how are you doing ma’am
Me : very fine
Him : are you here on vacation
Me : no I’m here to have my baby
Him : how long would you be staying
Me : 3-4 months
Him : did you come alone
Me : yes
Him : who would you be staying with
Me : my aunt
Him : a green card holder or US citizen
Me : a green card holder
Him : can I have the address
Me : gave it to him
Him : have u had a baby here before
Me : no it’s my first time
Him : how much do u hv on u
Me : 10k
Him : is it 10k on the dot or more Cos if it’s more u’d hv to declare it
Me : I said no 10k on the dot.
Him : do you have foodstuff if yes what are they
Me : noodles, fish, beverages etc etc
Him : says ok and stamps me in for 6 months... and says I should use a wheelchair next time so I don’t hurt myself .

All these took like 5mins .. he was so nice.. I started to wonder if this is d Poe everyone was talking about. Lol
I proceeded to my flight to Houston.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dennyjuff: 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
ladyprosper:
Please can someone show me or explain to me what a budget sheet looks like...Do I prepare it myself...thank you

Yes u prepare it urself .. search for budget sheet under travels on nairaland u shud be able to get a copy. It’s basically stating everything u’d be spending money on and how much u’ve allocated to each
Eg
Medics expenses - 14k usd
Accomodation- 4k
Baby documentation - 600
Flight - 600
Stuff like that.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by smokeydrinky: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2019
Good evening house.

Plz people that paid before their interview, did the hospital ask for a us address? How did you resolve that? Plz I need urgent response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Blackfinegirl(f): 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
Dennyjuff:
My POE experience yesterday..
in my visa application, I stated I’d be going to Virginia for my delivery I got the visa. But I changed my hospital, doc and state due to some reasons. Everyone was worried it may be an issue at POE.
So I arrived Atlanta yesterday. There was a long ass queue. I signaled to one of the airport officials (a lady) that I couldn’t stay on the queue Cos I’m heavy. She spoke to one of the guys and they directed me to go do my scan.
CBP official : how are you doing ma’am
Me : very fine
Him : are you here on vacation
Me : no I’m here to have my baby
Him : how long would you be staying
Me : 3-4 months
Him : did you come alone
Me : yes
Him : who would you be staying with
Me : my aunt
Him : a green card holder or US citizen
Me : a green card holder
Him : can I have the address
Me : gave it to him
Him : have u had a baby here before
Me : no it’s my first time
Him : how much do u hv on u
Me : 10k
Him : is it 10k on the dot or more Cos if it’s more u’d hv to declare it
Me : I said no 10k on the dot.
Him : do you have foodstuff if yes what are they
Me : noodles, fish, beverages etc etc
Him : says ok and stamps me in for 6 months... and says I should use a wheelchair next time so I don’t hurt myself .

All these took like 5mins .. he was so nice.. I started to wonder if this is d Poe everyone was talking about. Lol
I proceeded to my flight to Houston.

Awesome, enjoy your stay and I wish you a safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lami88: 6:01am On Nov 29, 2019
roberta26:

I got the quote reduced to the 7275$ fr csection when i told them i will be using Dr Tate

Hello sis. Its nice to see you here again after such a long time. I've sent you a message.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 11:57am On Dec 01, 2019
I am actually having difficulties with accommodation in Atlanta. The ones I'm seeing on airbnb are over 2k per month. Please who has any recommendation on accommodation in ATL? abi I should switch to Maryland? I actually have accommodation in Maryland, but my hospital Bill's the last time cost way over 20k, infact almost 30k and I don't want a repeat experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2019
Bcpump:
I am actually having difficulties with accommodation in Atlanta. The ones I'm seeing on airbnb are over 2k per month. Please who has any recommendation on accommodation in ATL? abi I should switch to Maryland? I actually have accommodation in Maryland, but my hospital Bill's the last time cost way over 20k, infact almost 30k and I don't want a repeat experience.

depends whioch part of atlanta, are you using emory hospital?...check well.. i saw some of 800 per month about 10 to 15miles from there. 1 bedroom with kitchen abi?.whats the zip code of your area of interest?

maryland is usually very expensive, as its near the capital

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by rukkiees: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2019
Bcpump:

Try East Point or Marietta, Atlanta suburbs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temistraws: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2019
Hello,

I birthed there in 2015. I paid about 5.5k (hospital bill alone - 4k for myself and 1.5k for my daughter).

Doctors fee, anesthesia, paed, blood works about 7k

The bill in question wasn’t even mine but my baby’s (the room charges for extra night, apparently..the person who printed the receipt included the original charges and discounted charges and I was asked to pay the balance, which I did.)

If I had known it was going to cause issues, I wouldn’t have taken it along, I just packed all my receipts and the V.O noticed that and she noted it against my profile. They’ve been asking me to pay the discount meanwhile the hospital is insisting I am not owing them. I have been in a fix since then ��

Laurieuc:
Please what year did youbgive birth there and how much did you pay?

quote author=temistraws post=84053471]
Hello, thanks for this info.
Did you also use WHMC, Houston? They already specifically told me they can’t accept any form of payment from me again.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by newmum: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2019
Hi ma’am. I’m also looking into getting an accommodation in Atlanta between February and May. Incase you finally find one and want to share, I’m in. Thanks.

Bcpump:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
cretin:

depends whioch part of atlanta, are you using emory hospital?...check well.. i saw some of 800 per month about 10 to 15miles from there. 1 bedroom with kitchen abi?.whats the zip code of your area of interest?

maryland is usually very expensive, as its near the capital

Thanks. yes I am looking at using emory hospital. I have been looking at 2 bedrooms because I would have both my mom and husband at a point. 30308 GA is what I have been inputing. maybe I should actually look away from the midtown area as somebody has suggested.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
rukkiees:
Try East Point or Marietta, Atlanta suburbs
Thanks. would look into this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
newmum:
Hi ma’am. I’m also looking into getting an accommodation in Atlanta between February and May. Incase you finally find one and want to share, I’m in. Thanks.

I am actually looking at end April to end of june
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2019
Bcpump:

Thanks. yes I am looking at using emory hospital. I have been looking at 2 bedrooms because I would have both my mom and husband at a point. 30308 GA is what I have been inputing. maybe I should actually look away from the midtown area as somebody has suggested.

ok, 2 bedrooms, no wonder...tot twas 1 br.
have u gotten visa already?...have u paid emory?...u r opting for their complete birth package?..doc inclusive?.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 5:57am On Dec 02, 2019
cretin:

ok, 2 bedrooms, no wonder...tot twas 1 br.
have u gotten visa already?...have u paid emory?...u r opting for their complete birth package?..doc inclusive?.
yes I have gotten the visa. I have not yet paid Emory. yeah using the complete birth package. they gave me about 13500 for the CS. it is doc inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 8:55am On Dec 02, 2019
Bcpump:

yes I have gotten the visa. I have not yet paid Emory. yeah using the complete birth package. they gave me about 13500 for the CS. it is doc inclusive.
ok great!.
though wht am asking is,
you used emorys correspondence for the birthing visa application, or u had a valid visa b4
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladyprosper: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2019
Hmmmm...I got a bill of 8600 for CS at Emory ...hospital bill plus doctors fee....can’t figure out why am getting it cheap and what am not doing right
Bcpump:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 10:34am On Dec 02, 2019
cretin:

ok great!.
though wht am asking is,
you used emorys correspondence for the birthing visa application, or u had a valid visa b4

I had a valid Visa then I updated my records with the embassy for birthing purposes. they did not ask for new hospital correspondence. just asked me to ensure I return with all receipts and show them at the next interview. I had already gotten emory correspondence to send to them before they updated it though.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 10:37am On Dec 02, 2019
ladyprosper:
Hmmmm...I got a bill of 8600 for CS at Emory ...hospital bill plus doctors fee....can’t figure out why am getting it cheap and what am not doing right

the bill you got, was it for hospital alone?? it looks fair/ok for hospital only. if it is hospital + doc, then even I would run away as the discount on the final bill would be huge.

I would be scared of a low bill. confirm that there is none or no much discount from the hospital. you do not want to have problems during your next renewal. Even for the 13500, I know when I add scans and some things that may come up the total should come up to about 16k at the end of the day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2019
ladyprosper:

That bill is quite low, it's even low for vaginal delivery.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2019
ladyprosper:
Hmmmm...I got a bill of 8600 for CS at Emxxx...hospital bill plus doctors fee....can’t figure out why am getting it cheap and what am not doing right

Am fairly certain docs fee is not there, their current avg price is $10k plus for vaginal and 13k plus for csection, for singleton birth, or you got your quote prior sept 2019, as the statement below was attached to their current quote.

These prices are valid September 2019 – August 2020.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladyprosper: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2019
i really don’t know what am not doing right...The doctor’s fee for the third trimester is 2100. Can someone please put me through?
cretin:

Am fairly certain docs fee is not there, their current avg price is $10k plus for vaginal and 13k plus for csection, for singleton birth, or you got your quote prior sept 2019, as the statement below was attached to their current quote.

These prices are valid September 2019 – August 2020.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
ladyprosper:
i really don’t know what am not doing right...The doctor’s fee for the third trimester is 2100. Can someone please put me through?

ahaa... i see the problem, you probablly contacted a private doc who uses emory, doc T perhaps??, he has given you a bill of 2100, while what you attached is just the hospital/facility charges. should you wish to use emory - the complete package doc inclusive has an additional amout, $6k or so....and this covers docs fees, tests, appointments etc, so by sourcing for your own doc, you wud be saving over $3k. how the VO will see this during interview/renewal...is subject to diff interpretations.
Below is the terms normally used in the usa, and the naija equivalent grin

Prenatal Care & Delivery ----- docs fee & all associated fees, excluding paediatricians fee
Facility ---------- hospital fees
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2019
So I just called emory and they told me there are still costs not included in that 13,600k bill, such as paed, drugs dispensed during delivery etc.

please who has like an idea of the total amount it would cost with these things inclusive just so that I am better prepared. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.