Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163713 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2019
HisEminence:
Good evening lovely mums. Please I have a question, I don't know if there's been a similar problem here. Is there any mum on F1 visa that has given birth in USA before??
Like,she has already applied for F1 visa and granted then she became pregnant. Will she come back to Nigeria and apply for B2 prior to delivery or just stay and give birth? I want to know if there's a procedure to follow on case of renewal.
Please I need more Information about this. Thank you so much
Nope. You can give birth on an F visa. Your insurance should cover it too. I know people who did with no issues whatsoever.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Becca01: 9:41am On Dec 23, 2019
Please how is Houston POE?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KDK(m): 6:28am On Dec 24, 2019
peacenigeria:

You should also tell them you are a man to further conceal you true intensions. I mean its not like they have computers where they can later verify if what you said was true nor is it going to affect other people applying after you that may be judged as a liar because, hey, “al Nigerians are the same”.

Thank you for helping us all with your original and clever thoughts, you are truly a genius whom we must all try to emulate.
Chai... Sarcasm with intelligence. Well said, I don't understand why people just want to play smart then end up destroying the bridge for others. cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KDK(m): 6:50am On Dec 24, 2019
Laurieuc:
Hello people

Hope you are all doing good

So i went for my vusa interview today and was denied

The visa officer only asked where i work and what i do and which country i have been ro before and i said UK

Next thing she said i am not eligible...she did not bother to ask for any documents. I had my doctors appointment, i had even paid most of the doctor's fee

What could have informed this? Looking through my form am wondering if it has to do with contact info in the US when filling the form i put the name of the Doctor under organisation name and put contact as "i dont know" because the form never allowed me at the point of filling to put both name of contact and Org. name and contact at the same time. Dunno why...

Also when it asked if i had done print for all 10 fingers i said NO because i frankly could not remember if i did the last time i was granted visa.

Or could it be that the officer didnt hear when i said vacation and Childbirth? Meanwhile my baby bump is obviously showing

I am really confused...anyway...its all good
Awww, sorry for your denial. However, no one here can tell you exactly what informed the VO's decision with absolute certainty. I am not trying to defend the VOs but you should understand that most times their decisions are based on red flags and unfortunately, you are not given opportunities to validate or refute such flags.
The issues could have emanated from your form, your responses or even your actions within the embassy. Remember your interview begins from when you enter the premises. Body language, actions, etc all matter.
As for filling the form, it is important you get help if not sure. I am sure someone would have assisted you here if you had made your doubts known.
Nevertheless, the interviews are subjective and it is a popular assumption that 75% of the decision has been made prior to you appearing before the VO. What I am saying is that you may have done nothing wrong yet the VO just felt you are not qualified. Overall, in all cases, God's grace is sufficient for us all. I wish you the best as you proceed with your next steps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 8:18am On Dec 24, 2019
Goodmorning everyone...please i need an advice( from ppl who have had similar experience or who can guide me) on how to plan my trip, I have a 2yrs visiting visa dat will be expiring in March 2020 and I intend to travel that same March to d U.S. for delivery, Edd is first week of April n i cant stay back for renewal after expiration b4 travelling as I wont be fit to fly anymore by then(airline rules)...now my questions are...what challenges are my likely to face at d POE and while being there with an expired visa...though i was told i'd be stamped in for 6months if all goes well n am allowed in which wud make my stay in d country permissible for dat duration though i dont intend to stay beyond 3months...once my new born's passport is out...am leaving... thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KDK(m): 8:34am On Dec 24, 2019
Oluchijiv:
Goodmorning everyone...please i need an advice( from ppl who have had similar experience or who can guide me) on how to plan my trip, I have a 2yrs visiting visa dat will be expiring in March 2020 and I intend to travel that same March to d U.S. for delivery, Edd is first week of April n i cant stay back for renewal after expiration b4 travelling as I wont be fit to fly anymore by then(airline rules)...now my questions are...what challenges are my likely to face at d POE and while being there with an expired visa...though i was told i'd be stamped in for 6months if all goes well n am allowed in which wud make my stay in d country permissible for dat duration though i dont intend to stay beyond 3months...once my new born's passport is out...am leaving... thanks
Before i can contribute, can you kindly confirm if you have used the visa before? If not, did you declare that you may use it for childbirth if you get pregnant?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KDK(m): 8:52am On Dec 24, 2019
On reading the POE experience of TripleKmama at the dreaded Atlanta POE, I tapped into her testimony and prayed that God's grace cover DW so she can have an easy entry and GOD did HIS thing!

DW had requested for wheelchair so she was wheeled to the next available CBP.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KDK(m): 9:43am On Dec 24, 2019
MamaOO:

Nope. You can give birth on an F visa. Your insurance should cover it too. I know people who did with no issues whatsoever.
I agree with this. One can give birth on a F1 visa with no issues.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 10:02am On Dec 24, 2019
KDK:

Before i can contribute, can you kindly confirm if you have used the visa before? If not, did you declare that you may use it for childbirth if you get pregnant?

Yes i have...i used it last year to travel wt my hubby and first daughter (who are Brits) for a 3wks vacation mid of d year and around October went back again for delivery of my one year old ...and prior to that i sent a mail to d embassy telling them about my plans of going to the u.s for delivery and they replied me saying its d decision of d clearance officer at d POE to decide whether i am eligible for entry for such purposes...and at d POE the officer asked me purpose of travel and how much i was travelling with...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KDK(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2019
Oluchijiv:

Yes i have...i used it last year to travel wt my hubby and first daughter (who are Brits) for a 3wks vacation mid of d year and around October went back again for delivery of my one year old ...and prior to that i sent a mail to d embassy telling them about my plans of going to the u.s for delivery and they replied me saying its d decision of d clearance officer at d POE to decide whether i am eligible for entry for such purposes...and at d POE the officer asked me purpose of travel and how much i was travelling with...
For me, you are good to go as your responses above are all green lights in my opinion. So long as u arrive the POE before expiration of the visa and your passport has more than 6months validity, i do not see any issues. Remember to take along all the documentations of your previous birth (especially zero balances and receipts).
Nevertheless, let us wait for other people's thoughts as well.
All the best ma'am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2019
KDK:
On reading the POE experience of TripleKmama at the dreaded Atlanta POE, I tapped into her testimony and prayed that God's grace cover DW so she can have an easy entry and GOD did HIS thing!

DW had requested for wheelchair so she was wheeled to the next available CBP.

wow, the mighty atlanta poe., done & dusted
which airline, do you recommend..... nigeria to atlanta?.
did a prelim search, hvnt seen a direct flight to atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 2:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
cretin:

wow, the mighty atlanta poe., done & dusted which airline, do you recommend..... nigeria to atlanta?. did a prelim search, hvnt seen a direct flight to atlanta
delta always goes first to Atlanta

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
KDK:

For me, you are good to go as your responses above are all green lights in my opinion. So long as u arrive the POE before expiration of the visa and your passport has more than 6months validity, i do not see any issues. Remember to take along all the documentations of your previous birth (especially zero balances and receipts).
Nevertheless, let us wait for other people's thoughts as well.
All the best ma'am.

I agree with this. you have done all the right things. ensure your passport is valid and you go in at least a day before the Visa expires. it is the stamp onthe passport at the POE that matters not the visa expiry date

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
Bcpump:

delta always goes first to Atlanta

Actually New York and Atlanta now, mostly every other day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2019
Bcpump:

I agree with this. you have done all the right things. ensure your passport is valid and you go in at least a day before the Visa expires. it is the stamp onthe passport at the POE that matters not the visa expiry date

No emphasis on the figure paid the last time, and the figure to pay now? I think there should be. Every other thing seem to tick right as it were, but we can never say never with these peeps you know.... I can see too it seems she was pregnant already at the time of visa acquisition, and these people tend to be retroactive too in recent times, we need factor all these in. I'm actually concentrating my calculations on visa renewal as she at the end of the day and of this current visa would have successfully holidayed and birthed twice without encumbrances surely.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2019
OmoBendel24:

No emphasis on the figure paid the last time, and the figure to pay now? I think there should be. Every other thing seem to tick right as it were, but we can never say never with these peeps you know.... I can see too it seems she was pregnant already at the time of visa acquisition, and these people tend to be retroactive too in recent times, we need factor all these in. I'm actually concentrating my calculations on visa renewal as she at the of the day and of this current visa would have successfully holidayed and birthed twice without encumbrances surely.

i know someone who got a visa for visiting purposes, used it for holiday, then went to give birth first time, then was about using it to give birth again the next year but was sent back at POE. I am still not sure why she was sent back the second time but allowed the first, even though it was just a year apart and the visa was still valid.
So maybe you are right, even though the boxes are ticked, they will definitely ask for the last receipts and you never can tell if they will be pleased or not with the results.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2019
depends on the city of origin.
cretin:

wow, the mighty atlanta poe., done & dusted
which airline, do you recommend..... nigeria to atlanta?.
did a prelim search, hvnt seen a direct flight to atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 1:19am On Dec 25, 2019
OmoBendel24:

No emphasis on the figure paid the last time, and the figure to pay now? I think there should be. Every other thing seem to tick right as it were, but we can never say never with these peeps you know.... I can see too it seems she was pregnant already at the time of visa acquisition, and these people tend to be retroactive too in recent times, we need factor all these in. I'm actually concentrating my calculations on visa renewal as she at the of the day and of this current visa would have successfully holidayed and birthed twice without encumbrances surely.

Thank you somuch for ur contribution Omobendel...am going to a different city this time n its a different doctor too, the fees are relatively d same cos its same state and still about d same fees like d previous delivery (though slightly more)...but i have my receipts of payments for previous delivery n i was even supposed to get a refund which i cudnt pick up b4 leaving d country last yr...about my conceiving prior to visa acquisition...I had no idea i had taken in during the whole visa process until d following month (after i had already been granted d visiting visa)...I really pray n hope all goes well at d POE, though i also intend to travel wt d kids too in March...I know my visa renewal after ds might be dicey but am willing to take my chances...its my last baby so i pray it all goes well�

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 1:41am On Dec 25, 2019
Bcpump:

i know someone who got a visa for visiting purposes, used it for holiday, then went to give birth first time, then was about using it to give birth again the next year but was sent back at POE. I am still not sure why she was sent back the second time but allowed the first, even though it was just a year apart and the visa was still valid.
So maybe you are right, even though the boxes are ticked, they will definitely ask for the last receipts and you never can tell if they will be pleased or not with the results.

My case will surely be different in Jesus name...God will grant me favour in their sight...I'll ensure i carry all necessary documents just incase...thank u

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NezzyWozzy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 25, 2019
twinboyandgirl:
Hello Mumstobe,

Is there any mum to be planning to give birth in Houston, Texas Jan/Feb 2020?
Looking for who to share accommodation with (2 bedroom flat). If interested, please send a PM.

Yes I am

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NezzyWozzy(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2019
Hello

Please I will be going for a visa renewal interview at Abuja in January.

I used Oakbend hospital in 2016 and paid less than 10k total bill. I think hospital was 2300 Dr was 2400. Then baby bill and pead.

Are they still denying renewals based on low bill? Should I call Oakbend to pay more?

I plan on using west Houston hospital this time with more expensive obgyn or should I avoid Houston totally.

Please those that have renewed recently should kindly advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by trakos(m): 10:38pm On Dec 25, 2019
Update to this...
DW and I welcomed our baby boy in the first week of November at Emory University Hospital , Midtown Atlanta as initially planned.

Summary of how it all went.

Re-applied and got October 3rd as the earliest date for interview, efforts to get a closer date proved abortive even with agents.So I had to take excuse from my training to make it there for the interview and then back to PH on the next flight after Interview.

Interview transcript (VO was a black guy and he had actually approved like three persons while we were there)

DW and Me : Good morning

VO: Good morning , your passports please

VO: Why are you going to the US?

DW: To birth our first child

He was reading on the computer for like a minute

VO: Let's try to unpack this, I will ask you a couple of questions and then we will see.

VO: (Facing me) , where do you work ?

Me: I work at xxxx

VO: How long have you been with them

Me: 8 years going on 9

VO: Do you have Hospital/Doctor's correspondence?

DW and Me: Yes ,we do and payment receipt too (Passes them to him)

VO: (Facing me) What countries have you been to?

Me: UK, Turkey ,Kenya, UAE ,France and Netherlands

VO: Interesting

VO: And when last did you travel as a couple?

DW and Me : We were in London and Turkey last August till first week in September

VO: Okay (Facing DW) , why did you apply to Canada Ma'am?

DW: For visit

VO: Who do you know in Canada

DW: Friends

VO: Okay, I'm reading through your history now and it doesn't make sense to me why you were called back the last time.Well ,I am going to approve your visa now and I can assure you won't be called back this time (Now , that was peaceful to hear ...lol)

VO: What they say is true , avoid discounts that may affect your future renewal.Take this pink slip and go over there to pay your reciprocity fee and drop your passports.You can pick up next week,have a safe delivery

DW and Me: Thank you

POE

DW flew Delta to ATL the following week @35weeks (We got fit to fly but they did not even ask to see it according to her) with wheelchair service at POE.
Just few questions about her trip and got stamped for 6months .No luggage check

I joined her 12 days later after my training and POE was also smooth for me.Just that the Inspection guys checked my bags for few minutes.

Accommodation

We rented Airbnb apartments for the whole 10 weeks stay

Documentation

Special thanks to @TripleKMama for being there whenever I had questions,since we used the same hospital.

Most of the information regarding Emory and documentation has already been highlighted by her on this thread.
In addition , a friend sent me this too.

" US Passport Application

1. At the hospital, you will be required to fill a document requesting the newborn baby's birth certificate and social security number
2. Pick up birth certificate from the county
3. Book an appointment at the Atlanta passport office (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast/passport-agencies/atlanta.html)
4. Take a passport picture of baby

For further information, see:
https://www.path2usa.com/applying-for-us-passport-for-newborn-in-us "

The links were helpful.

Applied for Nigeria Visa through OIS Atlanta for $180 with UPS next day delivery envelope ($75),visa approved after 7 working days (December rush).

Now back in Nigeria to celebrate the season with family and friends that have been waiting to meet our bundle of joy.

Thanks to everyone with advice and kind words the last time,we are grateful.

Wishing you guys success in your application and the subsequent trip. God makes everything beautiful in His time

Merry Christmas and a very happy new year in advance

trakos:
I know some of us here have been waiting for me to share this transcript , believe me I had it in mind all these while but I got so busy in the last few weeks that it became "work" for me to sit down and type something this long.Especially with the plot twist(like in a movie) that made the story a long one.But I knew I was going to to do it eventually , for others to learn from it.

We had our interview scheduled for Thursday 27th June,2019 (6: 30 am).Me and DW had flown into Lagos the previous day as we do not stay in Lagos.
After a long wait going through the screening and intake sections , we finally landed in front of this young white lady VO .She had been dishing out pink papers to people before us like that's what she's just there for, lol.

VO: Good morning
DW & Me: Good morning
VO: What's your relationship
DW: We are married
VO: Why do u want to come to the USA
DW: To birth our first child
VO: Why US?
Me: For my wife and baby to have better medical care and also for the child to have dual citizenship
VO: Where in the US
DW: Emory University Hospital ,Midtown Atlanta. And we have our receipts for full Doctor's and hospital's payment already made
VO: Okay (stretches hand to collect the correspondence and receipts)
VO: How did you make your payments?
Me: I used my Dollar , Euro and Naira cards to make full payment as there are monthly transaction limits on each card
VO: Can I have the statements
Me: (Gave her 6months statement of account for the three accounts)
VO: I want the cards statements (Still looking through the statements of account with her)
Me: There is no statement for the cards here but I gave you the statement of accounts that the cards are linked with.You can see the cards activities in the statement (pointing towards the statements) including the payment.
VO: I can read please ( I just quiet there)
VO: Can I have your email thread with the hospital , all of them
Me: Here (I kukuma printed all the emails from Day1)..She just skim-read the pages
VO: What do you do? (Faces DW)
DW: I work with ....... (DW was explaining her job functions then pause a lil towards the end ,so I cut in to help complete the statement)
VO: (Faces me) I wasn't asking you Sir
Me : Sorry
VO:How long have you been with XXXX (My company ,I guess she's seen it in my DS160)
Me: Over 8 years
VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before ? (Facing DW)
DW: Yes, we were in Dubai and Kenya after our wedding in December for honeymoon but my husband has been to other countries
VO: Looks towards my side, so I listed the other countries I have been to( UK ,France ,Netherlands)
VO: Can I have your old passport
Me: It's already with you Ma'am (I gave her together in the first place)
VO: (Facing me) the time you have travelled ,were they for work or vacation
Me: Vacation
VO: (looks through our passports and asked DW when she got to her UK visa page) why havent you been to the UK Ma'am ?
DW: I just got the visa last month (I renewed mine and DW got 2years as her first in May)
VO: When did you get married?
DW: XX December ,2018
VO: When are you due
DW: First week November
VO: Do you have a relative in the US
DW: Yes , a distanced cousin in Alabama
VO: Will you be staying with her
DW: No , she may come around after the delivery (She nods)
VO: Do you think this is all this medicals will cost you?
Me: No Ma'am , we haven't paid paediatrician and will still have to do some lab tests and others.
VO: Why did you pay for CS?
DW: Being a FTM , to be ready for the higher scenario
VO: What if there are complications?
Me. We will sure have enough fund to handle that
VO: keeps typing for like a minute then says congrats I am approving your visas....Make sure you pay all your bills (and a couple of other stuffs that we didn't hear).Pick your passports here in three working days (Circles Muri Okunola GSS address on the white paper that I posted that day and gave it to us)
DW & Me: Thank you so much, ma'am

We were so excited as we left the Consulate that I even had to post here to encourage others and just waiting to update the transcript.

Next morning (around 7am) I got a call from the consulate that they are about to send the passports to Muri Okunola documents pick up location and I could pick up Monday or any other day after that.To me ,I thought that was procedural.
Later that day DW saw an email that had come in around 8am from LagosNIV stating that she had to come for a re-interview as her visa is not valid and she will not be allowed to travel(board) with it. The email stated she should come in on or befoe July 5th (the following week) . I could tell DW was not happy throughout that weekend that I had to be telling her it's nothing,maybe they just want some clarifications.So yes, we extended our stay at the hotel for a few days .On Monday,we went to pick up the passports but to our surprise,neither of our passports was stamped with Visa.

What could be wrong?The question we were asking ourselves.I told DW it could be about our Canada visa application refusal the previous month.That was refused on the most flimsy reason ( as seen in the GCMS notes I later got).well , we would find out at the re-interview.

We got in for re-interview 3rd July .This time ,another lady but more strict was the VO we were directed to.She had just denied the couple before us carrying their US baby.I heard the husband say they paid 21k dollars in total but she still insisted the payment was not complete (I dont know how).
Now our turn
I was right , all questions she asked were about Canada.Transcript below

VO: Good morning

DW and Me:Good morning

VO: Why are you here

DW : We got an email to come back for re-interview

Me: Our visas were approved last week but we got the passports back without the visa

VO: Have you recently been denied a visa to another country

Me: Yes , we applied to Canada recently but refused

VO: What's the purpose of the trip

Me: Visit and tourism

VO: That was when ?

Me: April/May

VO: How far gone are you ?

DW: 5 months

VO: So it means you already knew you are pregnant ? (She was using her hands to even count month backward from July ,June ,May..)

DW:Yes

VO: So why didn't you state childbirth for Canada

DW: Because we never planned to have our baby in Canada this time

VO: You said you wanted good healthcare and citizenship ,you can get that in Canada.

Me: Yes we know that ,we just didn't think to use Canada for that purpose since we already have a plan for US

VO: You can check google ,Canada healthcare ranks 30th whereas US is 37th on the list ( wetin concern me with ranking, I later checked and confirmed she was right though)

Me: Ok ,I am not disputing that but we just want something better than what we have here and US is our choice

VO: So did you re-apply? I mean to Canada

Me: Yes ,this time for only my wife but no response yet

VO: Why? why not you too

Me: Because I really don't need to be there

DW: (DW cuts in) and he will also be on training that period .

Me: Plan is for her to stay in Canada a few weeks while I am on training and I will later meet her in US after the training

VO: If you are always offshore , why the training?

Me: I am not always offshore ,I work on rotational basis and the training is an international professional course.

VO: Throws our passport a little away from her and typed for some time.Then says, I wont be approving your visa this time but you can check (something about status)...my mind was on the pink paper she was bringing out

DW & Me : Okay , thank you (I felt like asking if applying to Canada and US at the same time is now an issue but I did not)

I check the status few days later and it has gone from "Administrative processing" I saw before the re-interview to "Refused"

Now the Canada story, On getting to know about the pregnancy .I knew DW will be due just two weeks or three after my 6weeks long training(I work offshore on rotations though but this is a professional training) ,so I had to factor that into the plan.We read both this thread and "Giving birth in Canada " thread extensively to make a choice.we realized despite Canada higher visa success stories compared to the US ,a lot of people do not declare birth because they find it hard to get a Ob-gyn/hospital correspondence unlike US. Infact I tried one myself and the secretary told me they do not send email but will be ready to attend to us once we are in Canada and can come to the office.So , I told DW there's no need to stress on Canada,let's just focus on US.And that's when the search led us to Emory (I personally love Atlanta since the Olympics in 1996, plus the red flag about Texas ).Everything was going fine,DS-160 filled, email exchange with Emory hospital going good.Still had like 10 weeks before the interview. One day, DW was on the phone with her friend that has PR in Canada.Then I thought to myself ,why not go to Canada for like two weeks before my training.Then leave DW there to stay with her friend like 3 or 4 weeks before heading to Atlanta while I am back here for my training.Then after the training ,I will be back to the US (At this time ,it would be my annual leave period at work) to join her just before the baby arrives.That way ,she wont have to stay alone for such a long time in US. DW saw reason with my plan and that's how we decided to apply to Canada for TRV (Visit/tourism ).No declaration of birth ,we had settled for US for that (well ,maybe we should have but I didn't see any reason having the same plan for two different countries at the same time) .I already was discussing payment with Emory because they would not send VISA acceptance letter without full payment.So ,we knew US was our shot for medicals if I had to pay Emory in advance(which I did anyway).

So we applied (Online) to Canada and after just four weeks , the refusal letter came stating financial status and personal assets as the major reason for denial.It was surprising to me because I had a lot of fund in the account statement presented, properties docs and all ,so I ordered for GCMS notes to know the details of the decision.Then after two weeks(mid June) , I re-applied for DW alone with her friend's invitation because truly I dont need to be in Canada with her (I have a training).And maybe that will even boost her chance of getting the visa (No update up till now though).I later got the GCMS notes this July and apparently, the officer in charge didnt do his/her homework properly before making the final decision.If you have doubts ,why not make confirmations ,call the numbers on my employer's letter to confirm if I really make the salary claimed, check the internet to have an idea of what's obtainable as salary in my position in the industry, call the banks to confirm the authenticity of the statement. After all , they have enough time to do whatever unlike US that their VOs have few minutes to decide.I even added my tax certificates.
The other reason is the previous US refusal (2013 ) as I stated in one of their forms, no need to lie.I have never lied in any of my previous visa applications.

Well , I already told DW we would try once more if there is time and I already filled the form.I personally never felt bad for refusals before as it's my money I am going to spend and I could easily just go elsewhere.But this time it's different,I did feel bad a little because it's not just about me ,and the fact that it has to do with time.I once said to myself that I should have never applied to Canada but how would I have known this was going to happen.That's just me being human. Anyway it ends , what matters is DW and the baby's welfare during and after delivery. Anything aside that is extra

Sighs , sorry for the long epistle.Just want you to have the full gist.

Wishing you all the best but most importantly ,be as honest as possible.

A snapshot from Canada application GCMS notes below

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 9:06am On Dec 26, 2019
The truth is we never can tell how the V.O will view things. If you ask me go with all your documents as usual and a big prove of available funds.
A lot of people who used Oakbend have succeeded in renewing their visa, just like a lot has been refused too.
I used West Houston in 2015 and I renewed, I will be using the same hospital and doctor again in 2020.

The hospital will not even collect from you as long as you have a zero balance receipt.
One more thing did you at any point declare your intention of having a baby then ie at the embassy or at POE also when filling this form request for a medical visa, not a tourist/visitor visa though at the end you would still be given B1/B2.

NezzyWozzy:
Hello

Please I will be going for a visa renewal interview at Abuja in January.

I used Oakbend hospital in 2016 and paid less than 10k total bill. I think hospital was 2300 Dr was 2400. Then baby bill and pead.

Are they still denying renewals based on low bill? Should I call Oakbend to pay more?

I plan on using west Houston hospital this time with more expensive obgyn or should I avoid Houston totally.

Please those that have renewed recently should kindly advise

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladales: 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
Chiowerri:
hello house, please anyone with info on affordable hospital in Seattle Washington/any where in Maryland, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee do share,it's very urgent, thanks .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by HisEminence(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
MamaOO:

Okay thank you so much. Need to be sure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladales: 2:18am On Dec 28, 2019
Hello mums in the house
Pls do anyone knows any Doctor/Hospitals anywhere in/around Maryland to pls come to my rescue, it's urgent,thanks [quote author=ladales post=85233750][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 8:39am On Dec 28, 2019
Gdmorning everyone...(please kindly advice me on wat to do)
In relation to my previous post...upon making enquiries for my previous delivery in the U.S.. I contacted d place i stayed while i was in d u.s and they said 3mails were sent in for me...and on opening d mail they found out it was a bill from d hospital sent in after i had left d country, now it seems d hospital had gone ahead to contact a recovery agency since they dint hear from me...
I need to clear up d bill which is about 500dollars...but how do i go about it so it wont affect my travelling for delivery next year?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 9:03am On Dec 28, 2019
Oluchijiv:
In relation to my previous post...upon making enquiries for my previous delivery in the U.S.. I contacted d place i stayed while i was in d u.s and they said 3mails were sent in for me...and on opening d mail they found out it was a bill from d hospital sent in after i had left d country, now it seems d hospital had gone ahead to contact a recovery agency since they dint hear from me...
I need to clear up d bill which is about 500dollars...but how do i go about it so it wont affect my travelling for delivery next year?

Call the recovery agency directly. Their contact info is most likely on the document they sent you. They’ll guide you on how to pay off your bill.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2019
Get your host to send the mails to you. They can snap it and send. The contacts on how to pay the bill will be there in the mail. You can even actually make the payment through phone.
All the best!!!!

Oluchijiv:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.