Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1169315 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MrsHappy: 11:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Hello all, it’s been a long time. Good to be back here.
I got my first US visa in 2015 with my hubby and we went on vacation 2017.
Then in 2018 and 2019 respectively, I had my 2 kids on a renewed visa. ( I sent an email to Lagos embassy to inform them of my pregnancy plans and they replied that it’s up to the Officer at point of entry) . At point of entry all my documents were looked at after I told them I was pregnant and I was allowed in.
Now my question is none of my hospital bills was more than $5000. I am going for this new waiver program with my husband. Do you think the amount I spent will affect my renewal?
NOTE: I’m not pregnant, dnt plan to have any more kids. Just need to go on vacation

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TheEnforcer: 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2022
MrsHappy:
Then in 2018 and 2019 respectively, I had my 2 kids on a renewed visa. ( I sent an email to Lagos embassy to inform them of my pregnancy plans and they replied that it’s up to the Officer at point of entry) . At point of entry all my documents were looked at after I told them I was pregnant and I was allowed in.
Now my question is none of my hospital bills was more than $5000. I am going for this new waiver program with my husband. Do you think the amount I spent will affect my renewal?
NOTE: I’m not pregnant, dnt plan to have any more kids. Just need to go on vacation
Just like they said, it is also up to the embassy officials to determine whether the amount you spent was too low compared to what the average American spends on childbirth, and if that might make them to think you cheated on the system. We have seen cases where officers got angry at that figure qnd rejected people based on that fact.So it's possible they might call you for an interview when they see that so be ready to defend yourself.You can only hope for the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AmeliaT: 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2022
Why so low though? It’s almost unheard of. Be ready to justify. I hope you didn’t access any public funds or concessions.

MrsHappy:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MrsHappy: 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2022
[quote author=AmeliaT post=109952046]Why so low though? It’s almost unheard of. Be ready to justify. I hope you didn’t access any public funds or concessions.

At all, I didn’t use any public funds. Back then on this group, there were a lot of hospital at that rate before Dollar increase and Trumps Presidency. That’s as far back as 2016/2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MrsHappy: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2022
TheEnforcer:
Just like they said, it is also up to the embassy officials to determine whether the amount you spent was too low compared to what the average American spends on childbirth, and if that might make them to think you cheated on the system. We have seen cases where officers got angry at that figure qnd rejected people based on that fact.So it's possible they might call you for an interview when they see that so be ready to defend yourself.You can only hope for the best

I pray for the best. A lot of us back then used hospitals at this rate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MrsHappy: 1:28am On Feb 05, 2022
Hello again, I have a question. When going for the interview, do I go with just my zero balance letters or I have to include the itemized bill?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anuijadu: 11:51am On Feb 05, 2022
anuijadu:
Good afternoon everyone.
I am new here and would like to ask some questions.
I intend giving birth to my �� and this would be my 3rd birth process after the 1st 2in Nigeria. Though this time it’s a set of Twin.
I am about applying for emergency interview and I do not have a letter from a doctor in Nigeria. Please advice if my scan results is good enough to be granted emergency interview.
Thank you and God bless

Good afternoon everyone. I would still like to have answers to the above.
All i have to present to get an emergency interview date are scan results, invitation letter from the obstetrician abroad.

thanks everyone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TheEnforcer: 8:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
anuijadu:

Good afternoon everyone. I would still like to have answers to the above.
All i have to present to get an emergency interview date are scan results, invitation letter from the obstetrician abroad.

thanks everyone
Giving birth in the US does not qualify for an emergency interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by redghost: 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
Good day Everyone

Would appreciate info on doctors in the US (New Jersey or Lynchburg precisely) or even hospitals

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AmeliaT: 1:07am On Feb 07, 2022
Okay, great. I think you’ll be fine. Just take proof of your zero balance and breakdown of the bill. [quote author=MrsHappy post=109956632][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ehisjp: 9:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Please House, how can one get early interview appointment date?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 12:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
MrsHappy:
Hello again, I have a question. When going for the interview, do I go with just my zero balance letters or I have to include the itemized bill?

Include your itemized bill, my hospital bill was around $5000 and I got my visa approved last month.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ehisjp:
Please House, how can one get early interview appointment date?

You have to keep checking for closer date.

Best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Liza214: 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
Hello house,

I’m super confused on what next to do and I need advise..I was recently denied a us b2 visa..I applied under the grounds of history of pcos, ectopic pregnancy and several failed fertility treatments but the conversation didn’t get past the first question

I had letter of acceptance from the doctor in the us and medical report from dr in Nigeria but was refused after them deliberating for several minutes

I will like to reapply again..what do you advise? Is there anything I should do differently

P:S this is my first time to apply he US but I have been to UAE and UK in the past
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
Hello House, time to share my story

I got my visa early last year before the who0le issue with dates started. I wasn’t pregnant then but we thank God for his gifts.
I used Memorial Hermann and Dr Z. My cost breakdown is below

Dr Z (include ultrasound): $2550
Memorial Hermann sugarland; $3969
Anesthesia: $2000
Sunrise Pediatrics: $500
Hospital Labs: $300

The hospital labs is not a round figure as above, I rounded it up0. When we got home we received an additional bill from the hospital. Apparently the hosp0ital only allows their own p0ediatrics team attend to baby after birth. Instead of allowing the external child pediatrician attend. They charge the p0arents for the service and boy its not cheap. My bill when sent was

Child Initial Birth: $750
Circumcision: $821
Baby discharge examination: $535

So pls if you are using this hospital, put all these in plan. Covid has dealt with the system so even all those freebies we used to get from hospitals are no longer available. They claim this was in response to Covid .
I applied for baby passport last week of November. Even paid for express. Unfortunately, the passport is not out. We travelled with ETC, which my husband helped process.

I did my covid test at CVS and that’s what I used to travel.

Thanks to everyone who shared their journey.

PS Dr Z is Nigerian...I know there was time people were arguing over it here.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by purpleribbon(f): 1:59am On Feb 11, 2022
Hi everyone!

I saw a post about entering the US few weeks/days before your visa expires. So I tried it today and got stamped in for 6 months. My visa expires in 10 days. Posting it here in case someone else has similar concerns.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tinababe01: 7:13am On Feb 12, 2022
Please what’s the minimum cost of CS, C-section in USA?

Thanks for your expected responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
till early Feb 2015 hospital bills in west Houston medical center was low for example
c-section was $3000 ( it was after I had paid that it was reviewed upwards to $4000)
virginal birth was $2500
anesthetics was $1200
my doctor was $1500

but when I went back in 2020
c-section was $5000
doctor - $2000
anesthetics- $2000

in Valleywise health (formerly Maricopa health system)

it was about $1000 or so later reviewed upwards to $2500 in the same early 2015.

so for me, she has no issues here.
AmeliaT:
Why so low though? It’s almost unheard of. Be ready to justify. I hope you didn’t access any public funds or concessions.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 10:32pm On Feb 13, 2022
you might want to use ETC too
be sure to keep a copy of it.
UmmZayd:

Thank you for this. How much was the total cost just in case I do not get my kids's Nigerian passport early so I'll just consider this option
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
chibertha:
you might want to use ETC too
be sure to keep a copy of it.

Alright I'll keep this in mind just in case the passport doesn't come out after 2months.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 3:45am On Feb 14, 2022
Memorial Herman boy very expansive hospital
I hail you for using it.

babestell:
Hello House, time to share my story

I got my visa early last year before the who0le issue with dates started. I wasn’t pregnant then but we thank God for his gifts.
I used Memorial Hermann and Dr Z. My cost breakdown is below

Dr Z (include ultrasound): $2550
Memorial Hermann sugarland; $3969
Anesthesia: $2000
Sunrise Pediatrics: $500
Hospital Labs: $300

The hospital labs is not a round figure as above, I rounded it up0. When we got home we received an additional bill from the hospital. Apparently the hosp0ital only allows their own p0ediatrics team attend to baby after birth. Instead of allowing the external child pediatrician attend. They charge the p0arents for the service and boy its not cheap. My bill when sent was

Child Initial Birth: $750
Circumcision: $821
Baby discharge examination: $535

So pls if you are using this hospital, put all these in plan. Covid has dealt with the system so even all those freebies we used to get from hospitals are no longer available. They claim this was in response to Covid .
I applied for baby passport last week of November. Even paid for express. Unfortunately, the passport is not out. We travelled with ETC, which my husband helped process.

I did my covid test at CVS and that’s what I used to travel.

Thanks to everyone who shared their journey.

PS Dr Z is Nigerian...I know there was time people were arguing over it here.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2022
My Sister,

I thank God sha. if not for distance shebi I for use West Houston jejely

chibertha:
Memorial Herman boy every expansive hospital
I hail you for using it.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2022
I understand especially when you are heavily pregnant you do not want stress.

babestell:
My Sister,

I thank God sha. if not for distance shebi I for use West Houston jejely

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Apiko: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2022
I applied for an emergency appointment through an agent. She sent me the confirmation page showing that my application has been submitted. After waiting for a while and not hearing from the US immigrations, I sent my agent a follow up message. She responded with an error message that my request cannot be processed at this time and that the administrator had been contacted. I’m a bit confused. If my application was already submitted, why would I be getting an error message now? I though error messages only showed up at the point of a new registration process. Or is my agent playing a fast one? Can someone please help me clarify the situation? Maybe I don’t understand.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2022
Apiko:
I applied for an emergency appointment through an agent. She sent me the confirmation page showing that my application has been submitted. After waiting for a while and not hearing from the US immigrations, I sent my agent a follow up message. She responded with an error message that my request cannot be processed at this time and that the administrator had been contacted. I’m a bit confused. If my application was already submitted, why would I be getting an error message now? I though error messages only showed up at the point of a new registration process. Or is my agent playing a fast one? Can someone please help me clarify the situation? Maybe I don’t understand.

Submission confirmation is not the same as been approved. The way I understand this, yes she submitted the application and got a confirmation for that. Afterwards, the application wasn't approved which means the EA wasn't granted.

The best way I can view the whole thing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Noname234: 8:20am On Feb 17, 2022
Hi,

Please does anyone have the contact of anyone at the Nigerian consulate in New York. I need it urgently I have completed and posted all the requirements for an ETC. My flight date is approaching and I have received no response from them. I have been unable to reach them via phone calls or emails, please help if you have any contact.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AJ85: 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2022
Good day,
Please I need help with hospitals bills and doctors in Baltimore Maryland. I am due in April and I just got my visa last week.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sweetjam: 3:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
Good afternoon mamas n papas,pls how long does US passport renewal for toddler in Nigeria take to come out n is there an option of expediting?

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.