Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,254 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163524 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Piepiehoney: 11:03pm On Nov 06, 2022
As soon as you get the baby’s birth certificate send a soft copy to your husband. He should book an appointment online for the notary.
He should go with the birth certificate and passport photo of the baby and his international passport.
quote author=SimiMaya post=118158626]
I’m travelling alone, are there documents required from the father?

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by SimiMaya: 6:42am On Nov 07, 2022
Thank you so much. What notary please? With the embassy?

Piepiehoney:
As soon as you get the baby’s birth certificate send a soft copy to your husband. He should book an appointment online for the notary.
He should go with the birth certificate and passport photo of the baby and his international passport.
quote author=SimiMaya post=118158626]
I’m travelling alone, are there documents required from the father?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Piepiehoney: 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2022
Yes, US embassy.
SimiMaya:
Thank you so much. What notary please? With the embassy?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Piepiehoney: 9:00pm On Nov 07, 2022
Your husband needs to fill out a consent form, it is required to process your baby's passport. He should go online and down load it, he should not sign the form until he is asked to at embassy. That form must be notorized at the US embassy, it is free.
All the best.
quote author=Piepiehoney post=118204596]Yes, US embassy.
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hustlersdiary:
Good day everyone, I'd like to ask series of questions as my girlfriend just got pregnant and I know nothing about giving birth in the USA except for information I've read on here.

1: She's three months gone, is it too late or still early to start the visa processing?

*If you can get an appointment you still have time*[/color]

2: If she's getting the visa and I want to go with her for the childbirth will I have to apply for a tourist visa or there's a provision for an additional body with her medical visa, note we're not married yet so we have different last names on our passports.

You have to apply separately, both have to prove ties to home country, affordability regards birth expenses [color=#990000]

3: If she eventually gets the visa when is the latest time she can leave for the USA to birth there cos I don't know the latest month a pregnant woman can be allowed to fly.

Most airlines 36weeks cut off[/color]

4: After childbirth when is the earliest time she can come back to Nigeria with the baby.

after she processing paperwork, e.g my birth certificate took 4 days after birth, passport same day, in El Paso, so a week, depending which states you are in[color=#990000]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Hustlersdiary: 10:50am On Nov 09, 2022
[quote author=Somandla post=118228983][/quote]

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Preator: 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2022
Hi All,

I'll like my wife to have our next baby in US. We have family in Maryland. We've had quite some issues with childbirth in the past.

1. How much will this cost if she stays with family (I plan on her travelling at 28weeks)
2. We have different last names though we are legally married. She is not working currently. Can a letter from my own employer suffice?
3. Will a letter from our hospital detailing her medical history help?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NBako: 6:47am On Nov 12, 2022
Hustlersdiary:
Good day everyone, I'd like to ask series of questions as my girlfriend just got pregnant and I know nothing about giving birth in the USA except for information I've read on here.

1: She's three months gone, is it too late or still early to start the visa processing?

2: If she's getting the visa and I want to go with her for the childbirth will I have to apply for a tourist visa or there's a provision for an additional body with her medical visa, note we're not married yet so we have different last names on our passports.

3: If she eventually gets the visa when is the latest time she can leave for the USA to birth there cos I don't know the latest month a pregnant woman can be allowed to fly.

4: After childbirth when is the earliest time she can come back to Nigeria with the baby.

https://instagram.com/birthlikeaqueen?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y= This lady knows the ins and out of birth tourism pls check her page .. she can even get you emergency appointments for visa.
Visa appointment dates are really hard to get. 3 months is not bad to start the process but hurry time flies fast .

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NBako: 7:07am On Nov 12, 2022
Please any one with more details on the best options for travelling back with a baby to Nigeria after birth?
Is it better to apply for an emergency travel certificate or is visa on arrival possible.? Will the airlines allow travel of the baby without a Nigerian passport?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Myfavour22: 2:42am On Nov 13, 2022
NBako:
Please any one with more details on the best options for travelling back with a baby to Nigeria after birth?
Is it better to apply for an emergency travel certificate or is visa on arrival possible.? Will the airlines allow travel of the baby without a Nigerian passport?

ETT is better, I’m not sure a baby can use visa on arrival
Yes the airline will allow you board with baby‘s us passport and ETT from the Nigerian embassy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NBako: 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2022
[quote author=Myfavour22 post=118344723]

ETT is better, I’m not sure a baby can use visa on arrival
Yes the airline will allow you board with baby‘s us passport and ETT from the Nigerian embassy

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NBako: 12:16am On Nov 14, 2022
I thought I put this out here Incase it helps anyone. I just had my baby in New Jersey and the Dr and hospital I used was reasonably charged. I have family in NJ so I didn’t have to pay for accommodation. I was happy after birth no other hidden charges, Remember having a baby in the us you must pay for a dr differently from hospital charges, Not sure how to explain that part sha!! But your Obs/gynea isn’t going to see you at a hospital they have their own practice that’s affiliated with a bigger hospital where you do the birthing ,if this make sense.
I have attached a flyer, it’s all the details of the dr and prices. I hope this helps

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Julipsola: 11:21am On Nov 14, 2022
Blackfinegirl:

Thanks alot !!!

God bless you

Please can I send you an email? Need more details as well on this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2022
NBako:
I thought I put this out here Incase it helps anyone. I just had my baby in New Jersey and the Dr and hospital I used was reasonably charged. I have family in NJ so I didn’t have to pay for accommodation. I was happy after birth no other hidden charges, Remember having a baby in the us you must pay for a dr differently from hospital charges, Not sure how to explain that part sha!! But your Obs/gynea isn’t going to see you at a hospital they have their own practice that’s affiliated with a bigger hospital where you do the birthing ,if this make sense.
I have attached a flyer, it’s all the details of the dr and prices. I hope this helps
Yes we are aware of this, doctors practice is different from hospital and all charges are separate. Justwise.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by shithapuns: 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2022
hello house, are they still strict on asking for birthing receipts on subsequent trips to the usa. we forgot the receipts and would enter the USA from a 3rd country in a couple of days time, so not enough time ror means to send the physical receipts.

alternatively do they accept/look at soft copies of the receipt at poe, cos thats the plan b. have someone forward the receipts via email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babyfaiz: 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2022
Hello house,
My case is perculiar. My last visa expired in the first quarter of 2018. I was on a b1/b2 visa with my family. I used the same visa for vacation & childbirth. When our visa expired, I opted for Dropbox. As expected, I got the dreaded 221g letter. I had to reschedule in person interview. For some technical reasons, I couldn’t reschedule for wifey. I contacted the embassy but no specific replies just some generic stuffs. I had to go for the interview without my wife. Getting there, the first question I was asked was - where is your wife? I explained the tech glitch which wasn’t my fault but the VO wasn’t having it. She gave me the blue paper. Same year, I reapplied with my wife & the interview was very short. The first question asked was - why didn’t you declare, you were going to have your baby the last time we got our visa. Answer was - she wasn’t pregnant before the interview. More so, we stated our intent at the point of entry. The VO asked for the child’s birthday & left (I think she went to use the calendar to see if what I said was true). She came back and asked how much we paid in total and the receipt? I told her 8k & it was a c section. She requested to see the receipts and we tendered all, including the zero balance. She then specifically requested for itemized bill, which we didn’t have. I told her, the receipts & agreement was all they gave us. We had our baby in HNWMC, Tx. She then reached for the white paper & circled the Muri okunola address, saying we should submit our documents, together with all receipts & itemized bill. It was difficult getting the itemized bill as we had pre signed a document saying we’ll not be given itemized bill. When we eventually got the itemized bill, the statement says - ‘this cannot be used for insurance purposes as patient paid reduced amount’. The itemized bill had 33k. I submitted our travel documents together with receipts, zero balance & the ‘no itemized bill agreement’ with the hospital. I didn’t submit the itemized bill because(I thought it would be difficult to defend the bill, since it wasn’t a physical interview). Long story short, our passports were returned without a visa. I’m aware, a higher percentage of those who had a child on their visitors visa were denied (all thanks to Trump). I had a friend who was able to renew earlier in 2018 but his visa was revoked before he even traveled. My questions are - have things changed aftermath of Trump? Is anyone in any similar situation- how did it pan out? What are our chances after 4 years? This time, I intend to submit the itemized bill if requested for. Someone on this platform was able to renew her visa & she paid 4K in total and submitted the same itemized bill of 33k( same hospital). I believe (know) the itemized bills are just the same template for every patients. I’m not expecting our next interview to be a big deal, besides, how much money was paid (maybe considered too small)? I’m hoping all this childbirth thing will not come up again and we’ll just be treated like someone who wants to vacay in the US. Any helpful thoughts will be appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 4:41am On Nov 19, 2022
babyfaiz:
Hello house,
My case is perculiar. My last visa expired in the first quarter of 2018. I was on a b1/b2 visa with my family. I used the same visa for vacation & childbirth. When our visa expired, I opted for Dropbox. As expected, I got the dreaded 221g letter. I had to reschedule in person interview. For some technical reasons, I couldn’t reschedule for wifey. I contacted the embassy but no specific replies just some generic stuffs. I had to go for the interview without my wife. Getting there, the first question I was asked was - where is your wife? I explained the tech glitch which wasn’t my fault but the VO wasn’t having it. She gave me the blue paper. Same year, I reapplied with my wife & the interview was very short. The first question asked was - why didn’t you declare, you were going to have your baby the last time we got our visa. Answer was - she wasn’t pregnant before the interview. More so, we stated our intent at the point of entry. The VO asked for the child’s birthday & left (I think she went to use the calendar to see if what I said was true). She came back and asked how much we paid in total and the receipt? I told her 8k & it was a c section. She requested to see the receipts and we tendered all, including the zero balance. She then specifically requested for itemized bill, which we didn’t have. I told her, the receipts & agreement was all they gave us. We had our baby in HNWMC, Tx. She then reached for the white paper & circled the Muri okunola address, saying we should submit our documents, together with all receipts & itemized bill. It was difficult getting the itemized bill as we had pre signed a document saying we’ll not be given itemized bill. When we eventually got the itemized bill, the statement says - ‘this cannot be used for insurance purposes as patient paid reduced amount’. The itemized bill had 33k. I submitted our travel documents together with receipts, zero balance & the ‘no itemized bill agreement’ with the hospital. d

I think you should just go ahead and attend the interview. A lot of people were rejected that period for unimaginable reasons . I think it had to do with the government in power then and its policy. I knew people that had been to America and back like 20 times that were still rejected that period. Even women on this forum that were rejected then reapplied and got visas. Best of luck. Come back and share your testimony to encourage othets

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NightwatcherTed: 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2022
Hello everyone, can someone please help with Houston Northwest Medical center, Texas contact details - email and phone numbers. Had our last baby 4yrs ago there, now need to urgently get itemized bill, zero balance, etc. before appointment date at the embassy. Your prompt response will be really appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sonia77B: 4:51am On Nov 21, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
When you sent your letter of intent before your birth tourism to US embassy did they reply you and what was their response?

babyfaiz:
Hello house,
My case is perculiar. My last visa expired in the first quarter of 2018. I was on a b1/b2 visa with my family. I used the same visa for vacation & childbirth. When our visa expired, I opted for Dropbox. As expected, I got the dreaded 221g letter. I had to reschedule in person interview. For some technical reasons, I couldn’t reschedule for wifey. I contacted the embassy but no specific replies just some generic stuffs. I had to go for the interview without my wife. Getting there, the first question I was asked was - where is your wife? I explained the tech glitch which wasn’t my fault but the VO wasn’t having it. She gave me the blue paper. Same year, I reapplied with my wife & the interview was very short. The first question asked was - why didn’t you declare, you were going to have your baby the last time we got our visa. Answer was - she wasn’t pregnant before the interview. More so, we stated our intent at the point of entry. The VO asked for the child’s birthday & left (I think she went to use the calendar to see if what I said was true). She came back and asked how much we paid in total and the receipt? I told her 8k & it was a c section. She requested to see the receipts and we tendered all, including the zero balance. She then specifically requested for itemized bill, which we didn’t have. I told her, the receipts & agreement was all they gave us. We had our baby in HNWMC, Tx. She then reached for the white paper & circled the Muri okunola address, saying we should submit our documents, together with all receipts & itemized bill. It was difficult getting the itemized bill as we had pre signed a document saying we’ll not be given itemized bill. When we eventually got the itemized bill, the statement says - ‘this cannot be used for insurance purposes as patient paid reduced amount’. The itemized bill had 33k. I submitted our travel documents together with receipts, zero balance & the ‘no itemized bill agreement’ with the hospital. I didn’t submit the itemized bill because(I thought it would be difficult to defend the bill, since it wasn’t a physical interview). Long story short, our passports were returned without a visa. I’m aware, a higher percentage of those who had a child on their visitors visa were denied (all thanks to Trump). I had a friend who was able to renew earlier in 2018 but his visa was revoked before he even traveled. My questions are - have things changed aftermath of Trump? Is anyone in any similar situation- how did it pan out? What are our chances after 4 years? This time, I intend to submit the itemized bill if requested for. Someone on this platform was able to renew her visa & she paid 4K in total and submitted the same itemized bill of 33k( same hospital). I believe (know) the itemized bills are just the same template for every patients. I’m not expecting our next interview to be a big deal, besides, how much money was paid (maybe considered too small)? I’m hoping all this childbirth thing will not come up again and we’ll just be treated like someone who wants to vacay in the US. Any helpful thoughts will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babyfaiz: 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2022
Sonia77B:
[color=#000099][/color]
When you sent your letter of intent before your birth tourism to US embassy did they reply you and what was their response?

I didn’t send any letter of intent. It doesn’t matter if you sent one, I think the most important thing is not being pregnant at the time of interview. However, it’s always good to let the immigration officer know your intentions of given birth at the point of entry. The VO officer interviewing you will definitely see it on your profile.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Blackfinegirl(f): 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2022
NightwatcherTed:
Hello everyone, can someone please help with Houston Northwest Medical center, Texas contact details - email and phone numbers. Had our last baby 4yrs ago there, now need to urgently get itemized bill, zero balance, etc. before appointment date at the embassy. Your prompt response will be really appreciated.

They wont ask you for it, don't stress yourself.

I had my baby in oakbend and i renewed using dropbox, no interview. I think they were just been mean when Trump was the president.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babyfaiz: 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2022
Blackfinegirl:

They wont ask you for it, don't stress yourself.

I had my baby in oakbend and i renewed using dropbox, no interview. I think they were just been mean when Trump was the president.
What was your purpose for the last visa before the Dropbox? Was it for medical purpose or visit? When did your last visa expire? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Blackfinegirl(f): 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2022
babyfaiz:

What was your purpose for the last visa before the Dropbox? Was it for medical purpose or visit? When did your last visa expire? Thanks

It was a medical visa and it expired 2021
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babyfaiz: 3:14pm On Nov 21, 2022
Blackfinegirl:

It was a medical visa and it expired 2021
Thanks for the reply. Having a medical visa informs why you were not called for interview. If it were a visit visa, you would have been given a 221g. It’s true they were harsh during Trump’s regime but one needs to be honest about the purpose for their visa. The most important thing is telling the truth and making sure you pay your bills.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
Good news mamas. If your visa expired 48months ago, that's from 2018 November, you automatically qualify for Dropbox aka Interview waiver.
Hurry now if you fall into this category

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerbutterfly: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2022
Hello People
In the spirit of giving back here is my POE experience

I chose to travel through newyork because I learnt it’s one of the easiest POEs.

I left for New York about 2 months ago and right from Abuja everything went smoothly

Check in was very easy for me, after that I passed passport control without being sent to ports health. It’s like none of the officials noticed I was even pregnant because I had a very small belly even at 36weeks

Boarded Turkish airlines, arrived in Istanbul and I had a 5 hour transit. Before boarding my plane to New York, there was a thorough check at the boarding gate for everyone. It was still like a breeze for me. Apparently the thorough check is part of US immigration because they checked all our documents.

Arrived at New York in the evening and I barely spent 2 minutes at CBP.

The officer asked me why I’m in the US and I simply said for tourism and to have my baby. She was even shocked because she stood up to check my belly. And she was like you don’t even look pregnant and she smiled.

Then she asked if I had the funds to cover everything I said yes… so she stamped me in for 6 months.

No secondary inspection.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 10:42am On Nov 25, 2022
Candybright:
Good news mamas. If your visa expired 48months ago, that's from 2018 November, you automatically qualify for Dropbox aka Interview waiver.
Hurry now if you fall into this category

Can you please share the link.....Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by pufframmy: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
that was nice

Summerbutterfly:
Hello People

I chose to travel through newyork because I learnt it’s one of the easiest POEs.

I left for New York about 2 months ago and right from Abuja everything went smoothly

Check in was very easy for me, after that I passed passport control without being sent to ports health. It’s like none of the officials noticed I was even pregnant because I had a very small belly even at 36weeks

Boarded Turkish airlines, arrived in Istanbul and I had a 5 hour transit. Before boarding my plane to New York, there was a thorough check at the boarding gate for everyone. It was still like a breeze for me. Apparently the thorough check is part of US immigration because they checked all our documents.

The officer asked me why I’m in the US and I simply said for tourism and to have my baby. She was even shocked because she stood up to check my belly. And she was like you don’t even look pregnant and she smiled.

Then she asked if I had the funds to cover everything I said yes… so she stamped me in for 6 months.

No secondary inspection.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Myfavour22: 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2022
Summerbutterfly:
Hello People

No secondary inspection.

You’re blessed
Congratulations on the birth of your little one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by baauh: 6:56am On Nov 26, 2022
Dearfellows

Can anyone recommend any hospitals anywhere in usa.

My budget is around 5000 to 6000 usd all inclusive. I checked oakbend hwmc... they have quoted me 9800 us dollars all inclusive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.