Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165838 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2023
Mandex11:
Hello everyone please I need your kind assistance.
I want to renew my DD American passport it got expired last year and I have been too busy to renew.

I saw a post some years ago about how to DIY the process but can’t find it

If anyone can tag me to the post I don’t mind.
THANKS IN ADVANCE 🫶🏻

you can visit the US embassy Lagos website and schedule an appointment under American Citizen Services (ACS) section (the link i have pasted below)
https://evisaforms.state.gov/Instructions/ACSSchedulingSystem.asp

After which you will fill the application form online and print out the form with a barcode from the website below. Please make sure you use the online form and generate the barcode, hand filled form will be rejected

https://pptform.state.gov/PassportWizardMain.aspx#%7B%22__s%22%3A%227Xo%2BzpcsJo9wCw%2BUUFGy%2BxDLeIBJ%2BZb3Dtg6qTSqYwnzdOlWnrF7N4ohdxdZwGnhlRt%2F%2FBUb%2BbbXi4fWBDf3qeZLV6sohUhtiy0NTzKnzhs6f%2Fe9CElQ1dq20SY%3D%22%7D

On your appointment day, go to the embassy with the following documents
1. Online application form showing barcode
2. Birth certificate of your child and a photocopy
3. Passport application fee in dollars or equivalent in naira (135$) or credit card issued in the US
4. Parent's passport and a photocopy of the data page
5. Pictures of your child showing age progression since last passport (Transitional photos)
6. 2 biometric Passport photos of the child
Check the website below for more info
https://ng.usembassy.gov/passports/important-passport-information/

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Enyinne(f): 11:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
Thank u so much for coming through with this well explained answer. I really do appreciate
Lordcrixus:
By child custody you mean you have the sole custody of the child? if yes, then you do not need the child's father to sign the consent form.
you can visit the US embassy Lagos website and schedule an appointment under American Citizen Services (ACS) section (the link i have pasted below)
https://evisaforms.state.gov/Instructions/ACSSchedulingSystem.asp

After which you will fill the application form online and print out the form with a barcode from the website below. Please make sure you use the online form and generate the barcode, hand filled form will be rejected

https://pptform.state.gov/PassportWizardMain.aspx#%7B%22__s%22%3A%227Xo%2BzpcsJo9wCw%2BUUFGy%2BxDLeIBJ%2BZb3Dtg6qTSqYwnzdOlWnrF7N4ohdxdZwGnhlRt%2F%2FBUb%2BbbXi4fWBDf3qeZLV6sohUhtiy0NTzKnzhs6f%2Fe9CElQ1dq20SY%3D%22%7D

On your appointment day, go to the embassy with the following documents
1. Online application form showing barcode
2. Birth certificate of your child and a photocopy
3. Passport application fee in dollars or equivalent in naira (135$) or credit card issued in the US
4. Your own passport and a photocopy of the data page
5. Pictures of your child showing age progression since last passport (Transitional photos)
6. 2 biometric Passport photos of the child
Check the website below for more info
https://ng.usembassy.gov/passports/important-passport-information/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2023
Pls how do I get the DS-3053 form notarized as soon as possible. My flight back to Nigeria with baby is in 3 weeks, and the earliest date on the website for notarization is in November 2023.
PLS HELP!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 9:30pm On Oct 04, 2023
Keep checking the system. What I did was to book a date a week after my due date to be safe even though baby had not come.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2023
[quote author=Deepeeh post=126067279]

Hello sis,
Please, which hospital in Dallas did you use. Can you give me a break down, I plan on traveling to Dallas next month, I am 30weeks gone.

Any information or insight would be appreciated.
Thank you.[/

All natural birth.

I used Dr Oladell of Omega Obygyn (2800$)

I used Medical city Alignment (5500$)

Google the Obygyn
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 11:23am On Oct 05, 2023
[quote author=Kesspru post=126204614][/quote]

Thank you sis,
Did you pay any other bill?
And do you mean medical city alliance?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 3:39am On Oct 06, 2023
Deepeeh:

Thank you sis,
Did you pay any other bill?
And do you mean medical city alliance?

Medical city Arlington is the name of the hospital.

Pedestrians bill around 500$

That’s all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 8:34am On Oct 06, 2023
Kesspru:

Medical city Arlington is the name of the hospital.

Pedestrians bill around 500$

That’s all

Thank you so much, I really appreciate this information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mom2015: 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mannymanny: 12:08am On Oct 08, 2023
Drugkills:
Hello

So Dr Z’s bill depends on what service he is rendering to you
Vaginal delivery - $2600
CS - $2800
You would’ve paid $300 to them before your arrival which would be deducted from his total cost

Hospital bill, also depends on either vaginal or CS
West Houston - (vaginal delivery $3600 and CS $5000)
Epidural or spinal for CS - $2000
If you are having a CS and spinal fails, it could be converted to general anaesthesia which cost more

I’m sorry for bothering you with my question. I’m currently in the UK and planning on having my wife birth our second child in the US in 2 years time. We all have our B1/B2 visas. Does one need to have any form of US health insurance? I’m asking cos I know health bills in the US are ridiculously expensive. Cos these prices I’m seeing are quite cheap compared to what I’ve been hearing.
I’ll appreciate your response and any pointers. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 4:05am On Oct 08, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Vex ke cheesy
Hospital requested the SSN for me and it came in the mail a week later.
I went to 8000 N stadium dr early in the morning for the BC, it was a self service machine but there were two women to put people through in the case of confusion, it took about ten minutes , I paid $25(23 for bc $2 optional plastic cover)

For the passport I called the agency to book an appointment since it was within two weeks of travel(go around midday not morning because it’s a federal house with other federal agencies in the building so it took about two hours to get into the building in the morning)
I got the passport next day around noon.
Thanks so much for this so I want to clarify
For the social security I will receive it in the mail a week later.
The birth certificate I have to go to 8000dr and get it cost $23/25
Passport within 2weeks of return.
At what point do u apply for ETC I thot one wud need baby passport to do so?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2023
Nnekkyneks:
Thanks so much for this so I want to clarify
For the social security I will receive it in the mail a week later.
The birth certificate I have to go to 8000dr and get it cost $23/25
Passport within 2weeks of return.
At what point do u apply for ETC I thot one wud need baby passport to do so?
You’re welcome, You don’t need passport for etc. what you need to apply for etc is consent from you & husband, bio data pages of passport for both parents, birth certificate, return ticket to Nigeria and baby’s passport photo. This is what I used to apply to the Atlanta consulate. If you want to apply to other consulates you have to check what they require.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 2:09am On Oct 09, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

You’re welcome, You don’t need passport for etc. what you need to apply for etc is consent from you & husband, bio data pages of passport for both parents, birth certificate, return ticket to Nigeria and baby’s passport photo. This is what I used to apply to the Atlanta consulate. If you want to apply to other consulates you have to check what they require.

Pls a quick question, what is the guarantee that there will be appointment dates two weeks before the travel. That’s what I intend to do, as I am leaving 2nd week November, I am just paranoid and hoping it goes smooth when I call to schedule the appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2023
Please has any one encountered this. I travel just before my US visa expired. I was stamped in for 6months which expires December. I was to head back with my baby on Saturday but was told by Lufthansa airline which I came with that I can’t go back through Frankfurt as my US visa is expired. Am in serious pain and distress. Exhausted all my funds. And I came here with my two older kids. As anyone being in this shoe. I was told by the airline to get a transit visa and I will be rebooked. How do I get a German transit visa here in the US. Please. I need help. I have an infant and two toddlers with me. My funds are depleted already. Help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
Yetyb:

Pls a quick question, what is the guarantee that there will be appointment dates two weeks before the travel. That’s what I intend to do, as I am leaving 2nd week November, I am just paranoid and hoping it goes smooth when I call to schedule the appointment.
The agency is for urgent appointments that’s why they won’t give you an appointment if your travel date is not less than 2 weeks or if you don’t require a visa to your intended destination out of the USA (they give you 28 days). It’s best to call them to let them assess your situation and assign you a tentative date.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kesspru:
Please has any one encountered this. I travel just before my US visa expired. I was stamped in for 6months which expires December. I was to head back with my baby on Saturday but was told by Lufthansa airline which I came with that I can’t go back through Frankfurt as my US visa is expired. Am in serious pain and distress. Exhausted all my funds. And I came here with my two older kids. As anyone being in this shoe. I was told by the airline to get a transit visa and I will be rebooked. How do I get a German transit visa here in the US. Please. I need help. I have an infant and two toddlers with me. My funds are depleted already. Help.

Hi, have you been able to sort it out? I am in the same situation as well. My visa expires Nov 1st and travelling with Lufthansa on Nov 9th
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

The agency is for urgent appointments that’s why they won’t give you an appointment if your travel date is not less than 2 weeks or if you don’t require a visa to your intended destination out of the USA (they give you 28 days). It’s best to call them to let them assess your situation and assign you a tentative date.

Thank you Debbie for always responding.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Yetyb:

Hi, have you been able to sort it out? I am in the same situation as well. My visa expires Nov 1st and travelling with Lufthansa on Nov 9th

To avoid stress it’ll be good to take the option of changing your ticket and travel before your visa expires if possible or get a transit visa. They take that transit visa thing seriously, if you have a valid Canadian visa it’ll also suffice.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mannymanny: 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

I’m sorry for bothering you with my question. I’m currently in the UK and planning on having my wife birth our second child in the US in 2 years time. We all have our B1/B2 visas. Does one need to have any form of US health insurance? Or let me ask, how do you all do it that the bills are within reasonable limits? I’m asking cos I know health bills in the US are ridiculously expensive. Cos these prices I’m seeing are quite cheap compared to what I’ve been hearing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Taal17: 12:19am On Oct 11, 2023
Mannymanny:

I’m sorry for bothering you with my question. I’m currently in the UK and planning on having my wife birth our second child in the US in 2 years time. We all have our B1/B2 visas. Does one need to have any form of US health insurance? Or let me ask, how do you all do it that the bills are within reasonable limits? I’m asking cos I know health bills in the US are ridiculously expensive. Cos these prices I’m seeing are quite cheap compared to what I’ve been hearing.

They pay cash.
Costs for birth are not cast in stone so they can still pile up if there's a change or unexpected added services

If you can find health insurance that covers birthing in the US explore it, else start saving money
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:31am On Oct 11, 2023
Taal17:

They pay cash.
Costs for birth are not cast in stone so they can still pile up if there's a change or unexpected added services

If you can find health insurance that covers birthing in the US explore it, else start saving money
Mannymanny you have your answer here. Taal17 has answered. They pay cash.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mannymanny: 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Mannymanny you have your answer here. Taal17 has answered. They pay cash.
Is it okay if I Send a PM? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Drugkills: 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
First of all, congratulations in advance.
You can’t use health insurance to pay since you are not a resident of the US
You would have to unfortunately pay out of pocket.
The fee as stated are for an hospital in Houston, Texas.
Other part of US could be way expensive.

All the best with your decision .

Mannymanny:

I’m sorry for bothering you with my question. I’m currently in the UK and planning on having my wife birth our second child in the US in 2 years time. We all have our B1/B2 visas. Does one need to have any form of US health insurance? I’m asking cos I know health bills in the US are ridiculously expensive. Cos these prices I’m seeing are quite cheap compared to what I’ve been hearing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerbutterfly: 3:08am On Oct 12, 2023
Hello,

if there’s anybody in need of details for accommodation in Houston Texas around Richmond, they can reach out to me via email (since adverts are not allowed here). I stayed there when I had my LO last year in Memorial Hermann and it’s quite affordable. It also comes with additional benefits.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 2:42pm On Oct 12, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Flight ticket confirmation
Husbands consent( DS 3053)
Passport biodata you & husband
One passport photo for baby
Credit card bearing your name for payment
DS - 11 form
Copy of birth certificate and original (they’ll return this in the jacket alongside passport when it’s ready)

These were the docs I took to the agency.

You should get an email confirmation from the agency confirming your appointment and the end of the email should look like this screenshot below

Hello Debbieeee,
Please, at what point do you think hubby can apply for the DS 3053(husband consent) in order to make the process fast. Is it before childbirth or after?

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2023
Deepeeh:

You need the baby’s date of birth on the DS 3053 form. So the baby must definitely have come. However, you can book an appointment now using a date which is few days after baby’s EDD and hope baby comes within that time frame.

Hello Debbieeee,
Please, at what point do you think hubby can apply for the DS 3053(husband consent) in order to make the process fast. Is it before childbirth or after?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
Deepeeh:

Hello Debbieeee,

Thank you.
The actual notarizing should be after the birth but the appointment can be booked ahead of time(to be after your due date) if you know your due date.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2023
Kesspru:

You don’t have a choice, either find a direct flight, or one that transits through a different nation of go to New York and apply for a transit visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 11:52am On Oct 13, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

To avoid stress it’ll be good to take the option of changing your ticket and travel before your visa expires if possible or get a transit visa. They take that transit visa thing seriously, if you have a valid Canadian visa it’ll also suffice.

I have an 8yrs Canada visa. They bounced me and my 3 kids. And she can’t apply for transit visa from here. I was forced to buy a direct flight with united airlines forcing us to spend extra 4k$ at this critical time. It’s well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kesspru: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2023
Yetyb:

Just buy a new ticket. There’s no need going to the airport on that day. Don’t waste your airport fair. Just Check for a direct flight. United airlines will be much more affordable for you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2023
Kesspru:

I have an 8yrs Canada visa. They bounced me and my 3 kids. And she can’t apply for transit visa from here. I was forced to buy a direct flight with united airlines forcing us to spend extra 4k$ at this critical time. It’s well.
Sorry about this expense it can be daunting in this dollar wahala period. As a preference I fly direct to the USA. I also traveled on an almost expired visa but I flew direct. Did your kids also have Canadian visas because I know a USA visa or Canadian visa suffices in the place of a transit visa.
To avoid transit visa issues other non EU airlines like Qatar also work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.