Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,923 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166625 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NgoJobsNigeria: 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
Any one with updated estimate and Dr's contact to give birth in Texas or Boston , Massachusetts
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NgoJobsNigeria: 6:58am On Oct 14, 2023
BRENDAMAGALI:
Hello

I’m pregnant and my due date is in October this year. It’s going to be my second child, and I want to give birth in USA, the thing is that I have a cesarean, it was 4 years ago, the problem is that I need to find a doctor who does vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC).

Any chance someone here has had a VBAC in USA? Can you please recommend a doctor for this? I am planing to go to Texas since I know it’s the cheapeast place in USA.

I’m very interested in Doctores Para Ti in El
Paso, Texas, however they don’t practice VBAC, so I need more options.

Please help me!!!

Did you finally find a VBAC supportive Dr?

Kindly update
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 10:25am On Oct 14, 2023
[quote author=MsAnonymous post=126361838][/quote]

Thank you 🙏
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

The actual notarizing should be after the birth but the appointment can be booked ahead of time(to be after your due date) if you know your due date.

Thank you 🙏
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2023
Kesspru:
Please has any one encountered this. I travel just before my US visa expired. I was stamped in for 6months which expires December. I was to head back with my baby on Saturday but was told by Lufthansa airline which I came with that I can’t go back through Frankfurt as my US visa is expired. Am in serious pain and distress. Exhausted all my funds. And I came here with my two older kids. As anyone being in this shoe. I was told by the airline to get a transit visa and I will be rebooked. How do I get a German transit visa here in the US. Please. I need help. I have an infant and two toddlers with me. My funds are depleted already. Help.

I don't know your state but there is a German embassy in Atlanta. I don't know if they have moved. I've been there before. Check online for their contact.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2023
Yetyb:

Hi, have you been able to sort it out? I am in the same situation as well. My visa expires Nov 1st and travelling with Lufthansa on Nov 9th

There's German embassy in Atlanta. Contact them. I've gotten transit visa there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 7:52am On Oct 16, 2023
Kesspru:

I have an 8yrs Canada visa. They bounced me and my 3 kids. And she can’t apply for transit visa from here. I was forced to buy a direct flight with united airlines forcing us to spend extra 4k$ at this critical time. It’s well.

So sorry about this, i feel your pain. Its not easy spending an extra unbudgeted $4k in this Tinubu's economy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 12:17am On Oct 17, 2023
Pls has anyone applied to Atlanta Consulate for ETC of the baby by sending the required documents through mail recently?
It’s been a week and no response from them yet.
The phone number of the consulate also never goes through to the point of speaking to someone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2023
Please does anyone have the contact information, email address or phone number for a doctor in Maryland? 🙏🏽
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by foladetutu: 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2023
Hello everyone. The summary of my question is, Is it possible to get an F1 Visa (Study Visa) after giving birth in the US.

This is my timeline

-Oct 2022- B1/B2 Visa approved. Although one of the questions asked by the VO was if i intend to seek medical or surgical treatment in the US & i answered NO
-Oct 2022- I travelled for 3 weeks to the US & returned to Nigeria
-Jan 2023- I travelled back to have my baby. (i never sent a change of intent email). but i stated my purpose of childbirth at POE. the officer even advised me to make sure i get all my receipt & zero balance statements. I came back in May

Please do you guys think i have a chance of getting my f1 visa approved with the above explanation.

PS: i intend to go with my 2 kids. the older one was born in nigeria so i'm applying for f2 visa for him as well.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by boluwagin: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2023
Greetings to the house,

Set of 2017 and 2018 mama here🙌🏽.
Please for those that have renewed their children’s American Passport, do they accept any other form of Identification like the Driver’s License apart from the international passport from the parents? Hubby international passport is expired and the renewal is taking longer than expected!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mizGene(f): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hello everyone,

Pls can someone share the email address for change of intent letter?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mizGene(f): 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2023
TMJO:

I got into Houston on the 4th of august and I declared I was here to have my baby even though I wasn’t asked purpose of visiting. I was asked how I’d be paying for the birth of my baby, where I’ll be staying and how much money I had on me.
There were no questions about change of intent letter or anything close. Although I had tried to send a change of intent a couple of times prior to my trip but never got a response.
Hi,

Pls can you share the email address you used? 😇..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by teefex: 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2023
Hi everyone,
Please I need help!!!
I was refused visa twice . Since I gave birth to my second child in 2017 haven’t gone for a visa application so I went in for interview on September I was refused. I had all my receipts then I got a date for today which I went for as well and I was refused again. I had my children in 2016 and 2017 respectively. I sent letter of intent and I also said it at the POE so I wasn’t hiding. I paid all my bills. It’s just that my kids really wanted to visit the USA. They haven’t gone since they were born. Please how can I go about this. Should I get an immigration lawyer and please does anyone know a very good one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2023
boluwagin:
Greetings to the house,

Set of 2017 and 2018 mama here🙌🏽.
Please for those that have renewed their children’s American Passport, do they accept any other form of Identification like the Driver’s License apart from the international passport from the parents? Hubby international passport is expired and the renewal is taking longer than expected!
I think it is solely international passport that is accepted.
when did you hubby apply for his international passport? The passport backlog has been cleared by the Nigeria immigration service.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2023
teefex:
Hi everyone,
Please I need help!!!
I was refused visa twice . Since I gave birth to my second child in 2017 haven’t gone for a visa application so I went in for interview on September I was refused. I had all my receipts then I got a date for today which I went for as well and I was refused again. I had my children in 2016 and 2017 respectively. I sent letter of intent and I also said it at the POE so I wasn’t hiding. I paid all my bills. It’s just that my kids really wanted to visit the USA. They haven’t gone since they were born. Please how can I go about this. Should I get an immigration lawyer and please does anyone know a very good one
How much was your total bill like? was it up to or more than $10k? were you asked about the different bills and how much they were at the interview?
Sometimes lower bill makes the VO reject people with previous birth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
foladetutu:
Hello everyone. The summary of my question is, Is it possible to get an F1 Visa (Study Visa) after giving birth in the US.

This is my timeline

-Oct 2022- B1/B2 Visa approved. Although one of the questions asked by the VO was if i intend to seek medical or surgical treatment in the US & i answered NO
-Oct 2022- I travelled for 3 weeks to the US & returned to Nigeria
-Jan 2023- I travelled back to have my baby. (i never sent a change of intent email). but i stated my purpose of childbirth at POE. the officer even advised me to make sure i get all my receipt & zero balance statements. I came back in May

Please do you guys think i have a chance of getting my f1 visa approved with the above explanation.

PS: i intend to go with my 2 kids. the older one was born in nigeria so i'm applying for f2 visa for him as well.

Thank you

E go hard. You were asked point blank and you lied. Don’t take yet USC child to your interview to avoid questioning about why you’re not applying for the F2 visa for him/her. Pray you don’t get asked about what you did during your previous trips to the US and if they do, don’t lie. You’re gonna be digging a hole that will be impossible to get out of.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by teefex: 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
Lordcrixus:

How much was your total bill like? was it up to or more than $10k? were you asked about the different bills and how much they were at the interview?
Sometimes lower bill makes the VO reject people with previous birth

For the 2 it was more than 10k, no I wasn’t asked and I was the one that represented my bill. Please how do I go about this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mizGene(f): 10:11am On Oct 25, 2023
mizGene:
Hello everyone,

Pls can someone share the email address for change of intent letter?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by julzz(f): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2023
Hi guys, I tried renewing my visa via Dropbox but passport was returned with a slip to schedule a follow up interview 221g, have anyone had similar experience?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

You’re welcome, You don’t need passport for etc. what you need to apply for etc is consent from you & husband, bio data pages of passport for both parents, birth certificate, return ticket to Nigeria and baby’s passport photo. This is what I used to apply to the Atlanta consulate. If you want to apply to other consulates you have to check what they require.

Thanks alot I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2023
[quote author=cutelass post=124538443]

Just like Debiee mentioned below, use ETC pls 265k is too expensive…and use Atlanta consulate too…I think Atlanta and New Jersey are faster than Washington.

Send in all that is stated in the website and mail it to Atlanta. I sent in my application from Los Angeles to Atlanta on Friday afternoon using priority mail $10 not priority express $28. The return envelop addressed to myself that I included was also for priority mail $10.

I tracked and saw that it was received in Atlanta Monday afternoon and it was back in my doorstep in LA on Thursday afternoon. My guess is that it was processed in less than 24 hrs. So use Atlanta pls. You’d spend roughly $170 in total.

If you use FedEx or usps priority mail express, you’d round up everything in 2 days
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 1:45am On Oct 26, 2023
teefex:

For the 2 it was more than 10k, no I wasn’t asked and I was the one that represented my bill. Please how do I go about this

How much did you pay for each birth? Also check the average cost in the state to check if it is the same.

Then try to go back to the first time you were interviewed after birth. There must have been an answer you gave that is triggering the refusals. You know they make notes on profiles.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Taal17: 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2023
teefex:
Hi everyone,
Please I need help!!!

I don't think you should have applied again after your refusal this September.

Leave it alone for at least a year. The visa is for you not your kids, visas are privileges you are not banned so relax. Try again in a years time besides your kids can vacation anywhere else.

If you want to look back at the interview then after they asked about you seeking medical treatment then you could have said you might consider giving birth in the future but this trip is for a vacation.

Now it doesn't matter, keep your receipts and try again next year. You didn't seek medical treatment on your first visit, you did on your second and third. You declared at POE both times. You paid your bills.
Fortunately you'll get a CO that will give you room to respond.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Taal17: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
julzz:
Hi guys, I tried renewing my visa via Dropbox but passport was returned with a slip to schedule a follow up interview 221g, have anyone had similar experience?

Okay so this new process is Interview waiver
In previous years it was called Dropbox

Regardless of the term the embassy doesn't say you will never be required to come for an interview. They are at liberty to require interviews at their discretion.
So to your question YES, ppl still get called for interviews even though they qualify for interview waiver.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by boluwagin: 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2023
Lordcrixus:

I think it is solely international passport that is accepted.
when did you hubby apply for his international passport? The passport backlog has been cleared by the Nigeria immigration service.

He applied last month but still hasn’t come out. Thanks for the response!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
boluwagin:

He applied last month but still hasn’t come out. Thanks for the response!
You may want to check again, I applied for my daughter last month and the issue date was just 6 days from her capture date when I went to pick up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babyfaiz: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2023
You are just being vague about this thing. Drop transcript and help others as well as yourself, so we can decipher what you did wrongly. Was over $10k the cumulative of the two birth bills? What are the time difference of your past interviews? Did they mention about the birthing of your children in the US? Most importantly, what questions were asked? You just dey make those in your shoes pessimistic about their chances
teefex:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 11:25am On Oct 27, 2023
Hello mummies.

Please, I just want to confirm again if US is still issuing passport to little ones born there.

Any recent testimonies, kindly share.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
Hello.
Did you find help with this?
Pls kindly recommend.
Thanks

Akinrayo:
Hello,
Can anyone please help with an apartment and nanny plug in Richmond my wife is presently in the US and intends birthing in Richmond Virginia. I would appreciate the help as it’s quite urgent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2023
[quote author=Kesspru post=126204614][/quote]

Hello sis,
I just arrived Dallas Texas, please do you have and can you share Dr Oladell’s number.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayotundesh: 3:00am On Nov 02, 2023
I really appreciate the information in this thread. It really helped me when i felt alone in my journey to deliver in the U.S.
Thank you everyone.

For those of us that would be going to Atlanta Georgia, Nigerian Consulate, please reach out to me regarding Notarizing your documents.
You can let me know the day before your appointment. I will be near by most of the days, but for my Nairaland family, I will give good attention.

Congratulations for your bundle of joy!
Everything is quite straight forward, don't fret, you're doing great already.
And if you have questions please let me know.
smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.