Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164166 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2023
I got my baby's passport 3 weeks after birthing. It could have been earlier if I wanted... So yes, US is still issuing passport

Deepeeh:
Hello mummies.

Please, I just want to confirm again if US is still issuing passport to little ones born there.

Any recent testimonies, kindly share.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2023
MsAnonymous:
I got my baby's passport 3 weeks after birthing. It could have been earlier if I wanted... So yes, US is still issuing passport

God bless you ma 🙏
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 2:09am On Nov 04, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

You’re welcome, You don’t need passport for etc. what you need to apply for etc is consent from you & husband, bio data pages of passport for both parents, birth certificate, return ticket to Nigeria and baby’s passport photo. This is what I used to apply to the Atlanta consulate. If you want to apply to other consulates you have to check what they require.
Thanks alot I have done this

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 2:13am On Nov 04, 2023
Nnekkyneks:
Thanks alot I have done this
[quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=126293382]
The agency is for urgent appointments that’s why they won’t give you an appointment if your travel date is not less than 2 weeks or if you don’t require a visa to your intended destination out of the USA (they give you 28 days). It’s best to call them to let them assess your situation and assign you a tentative date

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2023
Ok thanks will call them today
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
Taal17:

I don't think you should have applied again after your refusal this September.

Leave it alone for at least a year. The visa is for you not your kids, visas are privileges you are not banned so relax. Try again in a years time besides your kids can vacation anywhere else.

If you want to look back at the interview then after they asked about you seeking medical treatment then you could have said you might consider giving birth in the future but this trip is for a vacation.

Now it doesn't matter, keep your receipts and try again next year. You didn't seek medical treatment on your first visit, you did on your second and third. You declared at POE both times. You paid your bills.
Fortunately you'll get a CO that will give you room to respond.

Hi, have you found an immigration lawyer,I can refer you to one in the us

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 7:09am On Nov 10, 2023
MsAnonymous:
Pls has anyone applied to Atlanta Consulate for ETC of the baby by sending the required documents through mail recently?
It’s been a week and no response from them yet.
The phone number of the consulate also never goes through to the point of speaking to someone.
yes I just did I sent my documents through UPS last Friday and I got a tracking number. From the tracking I can see my self return envelope is on its way back it's saying UPS North houston Texas which just an hour drive from me. Hopefully I should receive it today or latest Monday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 2:19am On Nov 11, 2023
MsAnonymous:
Pls has anyone applied to Atlanta Consulate for ETC of the baby by sending the required documents through mail recently?
It’s been a week and no response from them yet.
The phone number of the consulate also never goes through to the point of speaking to someone.
Yes I just received mine today. Did u include A self addressed return mail? I sent mine last week Friday from houston to Atlanta and I received the ETC this Friday afternoon. I didn't need to call I just tracked the letter. From the tracking they received it on Tuesday 8th and returned same day and it arrived 2day the 10th.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by boluwagin: 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2023
boluwagin:
Greetings to the house,

Set of 2017 and 2018 mama here🙌🏽.
Please for those that have renewed their children’s American Passport, do they accept any other form of Identification like the Driver’s License apart from the international passport from the parents? Hubby international passport is expired and the renewal is taking longer than expected!

Goodday Everyone,
So as an update we were able to renew our children’s American passport with my DH Driver’s license. We later discovered all they needed was a national recognized means of identification and not solely the international passport.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2023
foladetutu:
Hello everyone. The summary of my question is, Is it possible to get an F1 Visa (Study Visa) after giving birth in the US.

This is my timeline

-Oct 2022- B1/B2 Visa approved. Although one of the questions asked by the VO was if i intend to seek medical or surgical treatment in the US & i answered NO
-Oct 2022- I travelled for 3 weeks to the US & returned to Nigeria
-Jan 2023- I travelled back to have my baby. (i never sent a change of intent email). but i stated my purpose of childbirth at POE. the officer even advised me to make sure i get all my receipt & zero balance statements. I came back in May

Please do you guys think i have a chance of getting my f1 visa approved with the above explanation.

PS: i intend to go with my 2 kids. the older one was born in nigeria so i'm applying for f2 visa for him as well.

Thank you

Hey !

Yes you have a chance. But let your intention known to the VO. Be honest . They already knows you have love for America or possibly working your ways towards becoming a permanent resident or citizen by given birth in the US. Go ahead it's very very possible but do it in a reasonable way so that you won't look too desperate . Add genuine intention to your gimmicks. Someone has done it before ..so it's possible . Cheers .

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Landegold: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2023
Hello Everyone

Please which is faster for LO travelling back to Naija ETC or Visa on arrival
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zichien: 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2023
I don't know if this has been answered but I think getting an F1 visa should be fine because
1) you used the visas as intended
2) don't have a record of overstaying

So as long as your F1 application is solid, i.e You apply to a school or program that is logical and in line with your area of expertise, have enough proof of funds, and enough ties to your home country , then you should be fine. Best of luck !
foladetutu:
Hello everyone. The summary of my question is, Is it possible to get an F1 Visa (Study Visa) after giving birth in the US.

This is my timeline

-Oct 2022- B1/B2 Visa approved. Although one of the questions asked by the VO was if i intend to seek medical or surgical treatment in the US & i answered NO
-Jan 2023- I travelled back to have my baby. (i never sent a change of intent email). but i stated my purpose of childbirth at POE. the officer even advised me to make sure i get all my receipt & zero balance statements. I came back in May

Please do you guys think i have a chance of getting my f1 visa approved with the above explanation.

PS: i intend to go with my 2 kids. the older one was born in nigeria so i'm applying for f2 visa for him as well.

Thank you

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zichien: 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2023
Has there been any changes in your financial status or supporting documents since the last time you went? What was the quoted reason for the refusal? Where there any major differences between your application this time vs last time ? do you think you subconsciously came across as wanting to JAPA with your kids? Maybe try a tourist visa to another country in the interim, and give the US application a break for a year or so. Best of luck.
teefex:
Hi everyone,
Please I need help!!!
I was refused visa twice . Since I gave birth to my second child in 2017 haven’t gone for a visa application so I went in for interview on September I was refused. I had all my receipts then I got a date for today which I went for as well and I was refused again. I had my children in 2016 and 2017 respectively. I sent letter of intent and I also said it at the POE so I wasn’t hiding. I paid all my bills. It’s just that my kids really wanted to visit the USA. They haven’t gone since they were born. Please how can I go about this. Should I get an immigration lawyer and please does anyone know a very good one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by zichien: 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
I mean technically she visited the US with the visa and returned... and then went again the second time. IMO she can still give it a shot but will need to be major prepared with invoices, receipts, letter of zero balance, letters etc, and prepared to defend why she decided to return a second time to give birth. If her F1 visa application is solid eg you are offered an MBA to say a prestigious school that oyibo no fit go with scholarship sef, and have enough funds to back it up in your account, and have a logical conversation about how this degree impacts your career choice then its possible. Nothing is impossible. Have faith.
MamaOO:

E go hard. You were asked point blank and you lied. Don’t take yet USC child to your interview to avoid questioning about why you’re not applying for the F2 visa for him/her. Pray you don’t get asked about what you did during your previous trips to the US and if they do, don’t lie. You’re gonna be digging a hole that will be impossible to get out of.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 11:19pm On Nov 16, 2023
zichien:
I mean technically she visited the US with the visa and returned... and then went again the second time. IMO she can still give it a shot but will need to be major prepared with invoices, receipts, letter of zero balance, letters etc, and prepared to defend why she decided to return a second time to give birth. If her F1 visa application is solid eg you are offered an MBA to say a prestigious school that oyibo no fit go with scholarship sef, and have enough funds to back it up in your account, and have a logical conversation about how this degree impacts your career choice then its possible. Nothing is impossible. Have faith.

That’s why I said “E go hard”. Not impossible BUTTTTT very very hard. She straight up lied. That’s misrepresenting and we all know that is one of the gravest visa errors to commit. One of my family members that didn’t lie, but supposedly overstayed (stayed in the US for 2.5 months) still never get visa till today. 5 denials and counting.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
I got my ETC within 72 hrs of sending out all requirements. I sent it to Atlanta.
ETC is stress free.
Check Atlanta consulate website for info

Landegold:
Hello Everyone

Please which is faster for LO travelling back to Naija ETC or Visa on arrival

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2023
MamaOO:

That’s why I said “E go hard”. Not impossible BUTTTTT very very hard. She straight up lied. That’s misrepresenting and we all know that is one of the gravest visa errors to commit. One of my family members that didn’t lie, but supposedly overstayed (stayed in the US for 2.5 months) still never get visa till today. 5 denials and counting.
What do you mean by she supposedly overstayed for 2½ months? How many months was stamped on her passport at the point of entry?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatnewsalways: 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2023
zeezahra:
I had my baby in NJ on the Jan 24th and was back in Naija by 18th of Feb.. we used the US pp and VoA for baby.. though we went to the PP office in Philly and got same day PP because of our travel date.. i landed with baby when he was less than Three weeks old.. and with his US PP..
Hi, please which hospital did you use in NJ and how much was your total bill?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 5:21am On Nov 21, 2023
Just peeping!

Nairaland don help me shaaaa.

2016 set here 😁
I think it was part 3 and 4

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:53am On Nov 21, 2023
MamaOO:

It’s black or white—did she overstay or not? If she didn’t overstay, why isn’t she appealing the denials instead of spending money to get more denials?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:05am On Nov 21, 2023
MamaOO:

E go hard. You were asked point blank and you lied. Don’t take yet USC child to your interview to avoid questioning about why you’re not applying for the F2 visa for him/her. Pray you don’t get asked about what you did during your previous trips to the US and if they do, don’t lie. You’re gonna be digging a hole that will be impossible to get out of.

Good, accurate advice.
With a VO, the truth’ll get you much further than a lie and the lie is what is blocking her now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:13am On Nov 21, 2023
foladetutu:

This is my timeline

Thank you

Question—did you visit an OBGYN in Dallas during your October 2022 visit?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
MsAnonymous:

Hello sis,
Where and how did you go about your LO passport, i am due in few days time and I am in Dallas TX. I just want to know how to go about it so I don’t waste time.

Thank you 🙏
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by foladetutu: 12:17am On Nov 23, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Question—did you visit an OBGYN in Dallas during your October 2022 visit?

No I did not
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 6:44am On Nov 23, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

It’s black or white—did she overstay or not? If she didn’t overstay, why isn’t she appealing the denials instead of spending money to get more denials?
Appeal US visa outcome? When did they start lmao. And no, didn’t overstay. Was in the US for 2.5 months.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 7:14am On Nov 26, 2023
Deepeeh:

1. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html
Use this link and get the phone number of passport agency. Do this exactly 2 weeks before ur return with baby to Nigeria (make sure ur flight ticket is ready, also baby’s own). If you call earlier, you will be wasting ur time. You will be given a date to come to the passport agency office on that phone call to come process LO’s passport. You will also be sent an email with your appointment details.

2. Go online and look for DS 11 form. Fill it on behalf of LO. Print it out. You will be taking it with u to the passport agency

3. You will need a passport photo for your LO. Taken with white background.

4. You will need LO’s original birth certificate to take with you to the appointment

5. You will need proof of ticket leaving USA within the next 14 days

6. If daddy is not in USA with you, he must fill DS -3053 form in Nigeria, take it to the consulate in Lagos or embassy in Abj and get it signed by notary. He must go with his Nigerian passport as proof of ID. After which he will DHL the original DS 3053 form to u in USA. Expedited dhl delivery should get to you in 3/4 working days. This document is very important to take with you for your appointment.
https://ng.usembassy.gov/services/notarials/
The link above is where to get an appointment in Nigeria embassy/consulate to go sign the ds 3053 form. (Start looking for date from now pls.. because available dates in Lagos especially are like 1 month ahead. Available dates in ABJ if lucky can be 1/2 weeks ahead. However it must be signed only after LO is born. Because u need info of LO’s DOB. So pick a date few days after your due date if u r still expecting ).
However, if daddy is with you in USA, both of u will just go to the appointment together. No need for ds 3053 form.

When you go for the appointment, if lucky, you can get passport same day (you can appeal to the passport office to pls process yours same day). Or you will b told to come back in 2/3 days time. You will definitely get the passport before your travel date back home.

Hello sis,
Where and how did you go about your LO passport, i am due in few days time and I am in Dallas TX. I just want to know how to go about it so I don’t waste time.

Thank you 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Deepeeh: 12:30am On Nov 27, 2023
[quote author=MsAnonymous post=127168166][/quote]

Thank you sooo much 🙏🙏
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aysticksz: 12:19am On Nov 28, 2023
Hello everyone, please I need advise

I have a US citizen wife that’s pregnant.
I have 7 previous F1 visa denial in Nigeria.
I am currently studying in the UK and my wife also moved to UK with me.
I want her to have the baby in the US and I want to witness our first baby birth and give her moral support too.
Please what is my chance of getting visa approved?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
Apply from the UK. I heard the U.S. consulate Abi embassy in Belfast is kind to students. There is a good chance of being given visa.
Try that

aysticksz:

I want her to have the baby in the US and I want to witness our first baby birth and give her moral support too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Taal17: 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
aysticksz:

Your previous F1 denials wont affect you. Ypu sjoild be assessed based on your ties to the Uk, i assume youre there as a stiudent or on a work visa.

Apply with thevreason of being there to witness your childs birth.
Apply for visot

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
Hello Everyone.

Any recent stories of POE for child birth? What should one be aware of?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
I was only asked if I had any food stuff I wanted to declare. I said no.
That was all
This was as at August
POE was Atlanta

Nersh:
Hello Everyone.

Any recent stories of POE for child birth? What should one be aware of?

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.