Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,048 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1168881 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluwadamilola89: 11:42pm On Feb 06, 2018
Hello house, I just paid my visa app fee online via gtb, I tried to schedule appointment using reference no on print out slip as receipt no, its says not valid. Anyone has idea how long validation takes?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Unfelt: 3:26am On Feb 07, 2018
It is crazy how people just stroll into this thread and just dump 21question with little or no research at all, This is a DIY thread, most of the people answering ur questions got their answers from studying and researching on here aswell, please lets be guided it is really annoying reading questions like "please what visa should i apply for B1 OR B2" haba!! please just try nd help urself go to part 5 and read read read u will b amazed at the amount of info u will gather....

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nwebele: 6:50am On Feb 07, 2018
I thought so too. Well, let me hope for the best

OmoBendel24:

Sorry I'm asking this question late in plain terms from the DS160 questionnaire, an abridged version though, but just to help us all:

"Have you ever sought to obtain entry into the United States by willful misrepresentation?"

I ask because I'm wondering if the above isn't assumable as what transpired between you and the CBP. I don't feel you have anything to lose by agreeing to this yet again compared to not agreeing this time around. Just my thought sha! Regards....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 7:59am On Feb 07, 2018
Do you have other receipts and which city and hospital.
Pm me so we can work it out together.
Patience is needed here
simbolee:
Wow, this is my first time posting and you post got my attention. Also in this sort of dilema, had my baby in Texas and I didn't know i had to get all these zero balance letter I'm reading. About to renew my visa and have been calling the laboratory and paediatrician no luck o. Will be waiting to read how yours goes. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:01am On Feb 07, 2018
wait at least 24hrs before you schedule appointment this information is somewhere on the site.

Oluwadamilola89:
Hello house, I just paid my visa app fee online via gtb, I tried to schedule appointment using reference no on print out slip as receipt no, its says not valid. Anyone has idea how long validation takes?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:05am On Feb 07, 2018
My dear na wa.
the answers they seek are on part 5 and also on the US embassy page right in front of them too.
It beats me why people can't invest time to study.
Unfelt:
It is crazy how people just stroll into this thread and just dump 21question with little or no research at all, This is a DIY thread, most of the people answering ur questions got their answers from studying and researching on here aswell, please lets be guided it is really annoying reading questions like "please what visa should i apply for B1 OR B2" haba!! please just try nd help urself go to part 5 and read read read u will b amazed at the amount of info u will gather....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eugene111(m): 9:47am On Feb 07, 2018
Please someone should help in my question,

Is it compulsory that I must have an Insurance paid and handy before writing the hospital of my choice?

If yes.

Which is the cheapest Insurance?

Please someone should reply asap

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 11:43am On Feb 07, 2018
Zeenayah:
Hi everyone, jetlag is real o. I still need plenty sleep.
I am not going to use that line. I am really glad this thread as thrived as all I did from July last ... using my GT card which is linked to uber and just taking rides around, they charged me 367 sha.

Congrats Zeenayah. just seeing your story. Guess I have been away for a while then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 11:51am On Feb 07, 2018
Omodadi2:
And I was denied again this morningat Lagos:
VO: good morning
I responded with a smile
VO: Why are you going to the US
I am going to have my baby
VO: Do you have a child born in the US
Yes
How much was your medical bill
How much would this one cost you
VO:How much do you earn
Told her
VO: Where do you work
Told her
VO: Sorry you are not qualified for the visa.

I think something might be wrong from your previous applications or your previous visits to the U.S Maybe the first baby you had in the U.S Because the VO to me seemed soo direct. Like he had seen something wrong even before you said good morning with a smile.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
Call the hospital you used in your previous to find out if they didn't strick out your bill fully never can tell.

Omodadi2:
And I was denied again this morningat Lagos:
VO: good morning
I responded with a smile
VO: Why are you going to the US
I am going to have my baby
VO: Do you have a child born in the US
Yes
How much was your medical bill
How much would this one cost you
VO:How much do you earn
Told her
VO: Where do you work
Told her
VO: Sorry you are not qualified for the visa.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Babatwi:
Pls is it advisable to buy ticket from wakanow or from Qaitar air directly,both are quoting about the same price?

All options are good but I prefer to buy from the Airline directly though.

just my modus operandi

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
TWoods:

You had a baby, got divorced, your husband relocated to the US (now married to someone else)... and you also found someone new and got pregnant again... all in the space of 1 year? I assume you don’t expect anyone with half a brain to believe this plot?

And @Justwise will be watching this guy.
it's one thing to comment and you should have stopped with that Question mark. but everything @Twoods put after that question mark is an insult to everyone on this thread.

Shameful

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
Moneygram i believe? If yes. Then no issues
Weperwema:
@All Please I need to find out the effect of DW receving money through Wal-Mart.Someone wants me to send Naira to him in naija for him to help send Dollar equivalent to DW through Wal-Mart.DW is to use her valid naija I.D to collect from Wal-Mart. ...pls hope no effect on the visa.........please help this urgent

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
Eugene111:
Please someone should help in my question,

Is it compulsory that I must have an Insurance paid and handy before writing the hospital of my choice?

If yes.

Thanks

Insurance? Don't know where you got that information though and it shows you've not read anything on here, just hopped in to ask question. Well, maybe your question isn't meant for here too. Nothing like buying insurance before or after contacting doctor
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 3:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
chibertha:
Call the hospital you used in your previous to find out if they didn't strick out your bill fully never can tell.

This has bin done severally, I have collected zero balance up to three times from them sent to my email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 3:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ramj:

I think something might be wrong from your previous applications or your previous visits to the U.S Maybe the first baby you had in the U.S Because the VO to me seemed soo direct. Like he had seen something wrong even before you said good morning with a smile.

Which could be?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2018
I had my interview this morning. Find the transcript below. I hope it helps someone.

VO: ‘Good morning, Madam’
Me: ‘Good morning, Sir’
VO: ‘Just give me a moment pls, the internet is pretty slow today’… Looking at his computer. ‘Can you pass me your passports, pls?’
Me: I passed him the passports
VO: 'Why will you be going to the US?'
Me: ‘For childbirth and family vacation’…Touching my obvious belly. ‘My husband already has his Visa, that is why he’s not here with us’. I went to the interview with my 2 children.
VO: ‘Do you have a copy of the visa?’
Me: ‘Yes’
VO: ‘Can I have it?’
Me: I passed it on to him. ‘Data page of his passport is also attached.’
VO: ‘How many children do you have?’
Me: ‘2 + this one in my stomach’…touching my belly again.
VO: ‘What do you do?’
Me: ‘I am an xyz at xyz company’
VO: ‘Which state will you be going?’
Me: ‘Texas, Houston’
VO: ‘What do you do?’
Me: ‘I am an xyz’
VO: ‘What is that?’
Me: ‘An xyz is a blablabla that does blablabla’….I then went into a little lecture on what I do.
VO: ‘How much are you paid monthly?’
Me: ‘xyz’... This is the exact amount I put in my application and it is what is in the letter the company gave me.
VO: ‘What does your husband do?’
Me: ‘He’s a abc’. VO: cuts in ‘at xyz company, too?’
Me: ‘No, at abc company’
VO: ‘You’ve been to the US before’... Looking through our info
Me: ‘Yeah, in 20xx within the children’
VO: ‘How long did u spend?’
Me: ‘3 weeks’
VO: ‘Your husband didn’t go with you?’
Me: ‘No’
VO: ‘Have you contacted a doctor? Any correspondence?’
Me: ‘Yes, pls….I passed him my Gmail printout.
VO: ‘Ok, let’s see if you can pay for this. Can I have your bank statements?’
Me: Handing them over…’Here are my statements. This is the Naira statement, this is the USD statement and this is a second Naira statement.’
VO: He took the first two statements, looks through and said those are ok. He didn’t take the 2nd Naira statement.
VO: Looks through my passports. ‘You’ve been to Netherlands.’
Me: ‘Yes and to A and B and the children, too.’
VO: ‘Where will you be staying? You have family?’
Me: ‘Yes, I have family but we won’t be staying with them. I already booked an apartment. We’ll be staying at xyz suites’
VO: ‘Ok. I guess you will like to pick your passports here in VI.’
Me: 'Yes, pls’
VO: Keeping our passports away and bringing out white paper. He circles Muri Okunola. ‘They will be ready in 3 days. Although the internet is slow but I’m working on it already. Have a nice day.’
Me: ‘You too. Do have a nice day.’

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to these threads. It really helped my preparation.
In addition, to the docs that were asked for by the VO. I had the following other docs with me
1. Letter from my company
2. My latest 6 months pay slips
3. Budget sheet
4. Correspondence with the hospital
5. Apartment reservations
6. DH’s pay slips & letter from his company
7. Letter from my doctor here in Nigeria
8. Letter from my US contact (my BIL).

DH said I overprepared but for me, I felt more comfortable and more confident having all the documents I thought were necessary.
I didn’t get the famous questions; Why do u want to have your baby in the US? and What is your budget for this? I had my honest answers well-rehearsed.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
A few notes from me:

Like some people already mentioned in here. It is better to do your own research and find out information concerning hospitals, doctors and any other thing you want more clarity on. Do not just rely on hand-outs. I contacted 2 hospitals. I screened the OB/GYN doctors from those 2 hospitals to about 10 (using years of experience, their online reviews, etc. – Healthgrade was quite helpful) and began to contact them one after the other. The person whose correspondence I printed and took to the Embassy today was Dr. F. Meanwhile, his reviews here on NL were poor. They were also about average on Healthgrade. I contacted him out of curiosity. Also, I noted that he has set up a Centre where 2 of my preferred Doctors work with him. He replied personally and promptly. He answered all follow-up questions quite promptly too. The correspondence with him was polite, smooth, welcoming and showed acceptance.

Doctor D. that I really wanted to use would not accept an International patient until they have a visa. She however says I can make an appointment as soon as I arrive in Houston.

Dr. W. wanted me to pay the full Obstetrician fee to secure an appointment. Can u beat that? Meanwhile, her reviews on Healthgrade were just average. Nobody taught me to halt correspondence with her!

Doctor L. needed me to pay some deposit before I could get a letter for the Embassy which i didn’t mind paying but overall he was quite pricey. So, I knew I wasn’t going to use him on the long run – so, why lose my deposit?

Doctor B. also wanted deposit and gave a number to call to make the deposit. Only God knows how many times I called the number. Once the number gets picked & I tell them what I wanted, they transfer me to some other number and then it enters voicemail.
Note that Doctors D., L., and B. has very fantastic reviews on Healthgrade (none less than 4.8/5) and they all communicated through their office managers.

How about the other ones who never picked their calls nor replied mails?
So, eventually the correspondence between all of them were not useable!

I already told Dr. F. the Doctor on his team that I want. I hope he obliges me. If not, I move on to Dr. D. At least, I have my Visa now.

The real preparation begins!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
ibukunpops:
Check this out, the person screenshot sample budget sheet.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 27, 2014

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ojugunrege(f): 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
NneMuna:

Only paid $250 to get the Doctor’s correspondence and Hospital Letter. No additional payment.

Thanks a lot. My interview today was successful.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iykmon: 5:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hello if they are selling almost the same price, you can buy from the airline directly, trust me you will even have a better class of ticket when you buy from the airline directly. It is still easy to make adjustment if required. i have not always been lucky getting flight ticket the same price with wakanow. Wakanow has always been cheaper. i have no option than to do proper cost effective management by going for wakanow which is always cheaper because of the class of ticket offered.

Ramj:

All options are good but I prefer to buy from the Airline directly though.

just my modus operandi

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamajayjay: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thats new to me .if you are self pay, then you don't need insurance before you contact your doctor except the hospital/ doctor insists on insurance. But I will advise you to do self pay.
Hope this answers your question.

quote author=Eugene111 post=64857644]Please someone should help in my question,

If yes.

Thanks[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Zeenayah: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hi everyone. It's snowing here in Illinois.

God has been merciful and he will be to the very end.
I dreamt that my hubby and I were arguing about why he missed his flight from Lagos the week before his interview. Guess God was just telling me this woman calm down, your case is sorted.

I am uber excited, my hubby went for his interview yesterday and as usual when the VO said pick up your visa in three working days, his brain forgot all the questions asked but I was able to extract a few from him after plenty disturbance but don't know the order of the questions:

After the good mornings
VO: passport
DH: passes it to her
VO: you are married right?
DH: Yes I am
VO: and your wife's name is....
DH: tells her my name
VO: How long have you been married?
DH: A year and so so months
VO: So who is this person to you? (my aunts name that we filled on the form that is hosting us)
DH: My wife's aunty.
VO: So where is your wife?
DH: She is currently in the US staying with said aunty. She is expecting our baby
VO: How long has she been in the US for?
DH: 10 days
VO: Oh really, is it your first? (VO smiling)
DH: Yes and I would like to go and assist her before, during and after delivery and I would love to experience the birth of our first child (my DH goes for the emotional angle. VO was a young female )
VO: how long are you going for?
DH: 3 weeks
VO: what do you do?
DH: I am a..... with...
VO: what does your wife do?
DH: she is a bla bla with bla bla
VO: where was your wife working before this placed
DH: He tells her ( I think she may have been checking my records cos I had not changed jobs as at the last time I did dropbox in 2016)
VO: who is accompanying you on the trip?
DH: I am going alone
VO: Are you sure? ( I think she asked this question cos he doesn't have travel history and this is his first trip)
DH: Yes

she typed for a while (DH was praying that whatever she likes she should type, she should just say granted)
Then she goes you can pick up your visa in Friday at Muri Okunola.

All the plenty documents we had packed, none was brought out or asked for. I even begged him to read the dummy interview questions and answers I had prepared and sent to his email based on all I had read on this thread.

Been praying that he should be by my side during delivery. Now on to begging God to let this baby stay put till he comes.

Being overprepared is the best. I had a long list of burden of proof that I packed for POE and we prepared for the interview. We even prepaid the hospital bills and scanned the receipts to him. Alhamdulilah, we both didn't need it at either points. We give God all the praise.

Wish everyone else all d best on their journey.

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyaboonibipe: 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
You can search for and read the follow up interview experiences of these mamas which they graciously posted.

@zoemummy - she has a very detailed checklist of docs that she took to hers
@Fyorgyn
@shrekandfiona
@ugoguchy
@Omodadi2

Hello page mates,

Im back to share my follow up appointment after drop box.

11am interview and visa approved. No questions no document check the VO just wanted to know why i stayed longer on 2 occassion and stayed 2 to 3weeks on other visit so i told her childbirth. Asked about my work n hubby's work my kids n also if im planning to have more kids birthed in us. Type type type and said pick up visa at dhl.

Thank to all my amazing page mates who gave me clue on likly questions i was a bit worried when i got the mail cos this is not my first renewal via drop box. But God showed himself faithful.

Zoemummy thanks alot. God bless you All.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyaboonibipe: 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hello page mates,

Im back to share my follow up appointment after drop box.

11am interview and visa approved. No questions no document check the VO just wanted to know why i stayed longer on 2 occassion and stayed 2 to 3weeks on other visit so i told her childbirth. Asked about my work n hubby's work my kids n also if im planning to have more kids birthed in us. Type type type and said pick up visa at dhl.

Thank to all my amazing page mates who gave me clue on likly questions i was a bit worried when i got the mail cos this is not my first renewal via drop box. But God showed himself faithful.

Zoemummy thanks alot. God bless you All.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CheeseMama: 2:17am On Feb 08, 2018
I've also noticed a trend in doctors here being very interventionist. I contacted a DR who delivers at a hospital that only does CS, noticed a review comment where a patient said they would only accept her care if she agreed to a CS and she was only 5 weeks at the time. Some doctors will advise a scheduled CS to ensure they are on call to deliver your baby, if having a particular DR take delivery of the baby isn't a concern for you, then you can proceed with the practice. Dr. Xydas doesn't schedule CS prior to 39 weeks of pregnancy so you will only have CS if he deems it necessary. Also most quotes for Vaginal birth are cheaper than CS.

baldman:
Dear House, I have been an ardent follower of the thread. Thanks for the good work you are doing here. My wife and I intend for her to have our first child in the US. I have read extensively and I have these questions:

It seems most of the hospitals/Drs in the US are inclined towards performing a CS. my wife and I are more inclined towards vaginal birth, all things being equal and we are looking at Oakbend medical centre or Dr. Xydas. Could you please advise, from experience, which of the Houston hospitals/Dr. is favourably disposed to vaginal birth. I know they raise quotes for vaginal birth but I want to ask from people who have actual experience of vaginal birth in the US.

Also, a friend recently delivered in the general hospital, even though all the fees are being paid ( it is relatively cheaper), could this prejudice her while applying for visa in the future?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CheeseMama: 3:00am On Feb 08, 2018
Hello everyone, i've been a silent reader on here for a while now. Thanks to the info i gathered from here i was able to make an informed decision so i hope i can help someone else.

VISA
I renewed my visa in March 2017 for a trip in August 2017, however i found out i was pregnant in July 2017. Since i wanted to have my baby in the US, i decided to combine the trip and so i planned to travel in February. I sent the change of intent notification email to the embassy, got the generic response and printed both.

DECIDING ON A DR
I set my sights on Houston as i have a very good friend here and started the search for a Dr. I got a lot of names of Drs from this thread and googled them, checked their ratings and the ratings of the hospitals they had privileges with. Also considered distance of the hospital from my accommodation. Distance knocked off most of the hospitals in the Sugarland area. Eventually decided on Dr. Xydas and HNWMC. I got his office number from a google search and called them. I was able to get a quote and information from the hospital from the Practice Manager. I was scheduled for an appointment about 3 days after my arrival and was advised that I would make full payment of $2000 at my first visit.

FLIGHT
I booked my flight on Lufthansa from ABJ-IAH scheduled to travel at 34 + 4 weeks. Though i had fit to fly from my Dr, it wasn't even looked at and i was sent to port health. The lady took my BP and temperature and asked for date of LMP which she used to calculate my EDD. She didnt measure me at all. Issued the fit to fly and charged me 2k. The flight from ABJ - Frankfurt wasn't bad, slept mostly but made sure i got up to walk around as i had edema. In flight entertainment wasn't all that, but the food was not bad at all. Based on advice i had seen here i booked mobility assistance at Frankfurt airport and Houston as well. Turned out to be a blessing, the connection at Frankfurt required a very long walk and short train ride. We changed electric cars and had to wait quite a bit at some points but it was worth it. The frankfurt to Houston leg was very uncomfortable for me, i regretted not paying the extra $65 for a seat with more leg room but i also made sure to take frequent walking breaks. This is very important please, i'd also advise travelling expectant mothers to get compression stockings as the threat of deep vein thrombosis is real especially for those with edema. Filled landing card on the plane declaring my cash and the food items i carried.

HOUSTON POE
I had wheelchair assistance and the queue was very short, waited in line for about 5 mins before i was called.
CBP: Why are you here?
ME: I'm here to have my baby
CBP: Where will you be staying?
(I gave the address)
CBP: What hospital will you be using?
ME: HNWMC
CBP: I see you have declared about $15k cash, do you have proof the money was drawn from your account?
ME: Yes i have my bank statements
CBP: You've declared some food items, do you have Maggi cubes? (very random)
ME: No.
He asks me to fingerprint and takes my picture, then calls another officer to take me to secondary inspection. There i waited for about 15 minutes before another officer calls me. He asks to see the cash, I give it to him but he doesn't count it. he then advised me not to accept any insurance/medicaid and also to make sure I carry all my receipts with me on subsequent visits to the US. None of my documents were asked for. I was stamped in for 6 months. He then asks another officer to escort me to Customs to fill a form for the cash.

At customs we pick up my bags first which are screened. Yams, broom and kilishi are seized. Plantain chips, pepper, dates, tiger nuts and pepper soup spices made it through. (Btw in the last minute rush at the airport in Abuja my husband mistakenly packs in a pack of small chops into my box, of course it had spoilt by the time we got to Houston and it was a laugh trying to explain what it was and how it got there. The guy attributed it to being a hormonal pregnant lady i guess but i had no issues. Just noted it so we can pay extra attention to what finds it way into our boxes). i eventually filled the form for the money and finally left the airport over 2 hours after landing. I tipped the guy from mobility assistance because he was a lifesaver frankly, from helping me get my bags to managing the baggage trolley and wheelchair.

DR's APPT
I had my first appointment today. Though initially scheduled for Tuesday i called to reschedule as i wanted to meet with Dr. Xydas himself. I paid the Drs fee in full. They took samples for some tests and also did an ultrasound. Scheduled for a follow up next week.

HNWMC is just across the road so i walked over to pre-register and pay hospital bill. I didnt take enough money to pay for the hospital fees in full but they took a deposit and i will pay the balance at the next visit. When i got home I noticed something in the billing paper work they gave me about not being entitled to an itemised bill which i intend to thrash out with them next week. Got all the information for paediatrician, pathologists and anaesthesiology. I was advised to call and confirm their fees. Paediatrician has a package for early self pay patients which is valid for 30 days from delivery date, they emphasised that i mention the name of the package when i call to pay.

Also my husband applied for his visa just before i left but was denied. He applied for a regular B1/B2 visa for vacation, was asked barely any questions and documents were not checked. He has good travel history. Now i'm here he will reapply again and see if that changes anything.

All in all, i've had a good experience thus far. Only thing is the hospital is quite far from where i'm staying. Uber/Lyft cost me over $80 today. The good thing is i'm saving accommodation costs so it balances out. I have made a mental note to leave as early as possible for the hospital on d-day. I did notice an InTown suites close to the hospital though.

So thats it. Now we wait.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 8:22am On Feb 08, 2018
Congrats Cheesemama on your successful POE and best wishes on your upcoming delivery. Please can you give more details on the Paedetrcian package. Does it entail a fixed rate? Had a good experience with HNWMC and Dr Xydas but Pedatrix was difficult to deal with.

Thank you

CheeseMama:

HNWMC is just across the road so i walked over to pre-register and pay hospital bill. I didnt take enough money to pay for the hospital fees in full but they took a deposit and i will pay the balance at the next visit. When i got home I noticed something in the billing paper work they gave me about not being entitled to an itemised bill which i intend to thrash out with them next week. Got all the information for paediatrician, pathologists and anaesthesiology. I was advised to call and confirm their fees. Paediatrician has a package for early self pay patients which is valid for 30 days from delivery date, they emphasised that i mention the name of the package when i call to pay.

So thats it. Now we wait.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by raheemkeji(f): 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
Good Afternoon everyone

I am planning to give birth to my baby in Texas. Below are my concern regarding the application form(DS 160). I received an email from Center for Women’s Health (Dr. Fagbohun) where he stated that an appointment cannot be booked with any Doctor until i get to the state and he also attached a document with the budget of Oak bend Medical Center . Below are my questions

1) For DS-160 Form, what will my Contact person will be? Doctor Fagbohun/Center for Women’s Health /Oak bend Medical Center ?

2) is it advisable to use Hotel address as where i will be staying in the USA or is there any alternative?

3)Is the email Correspondence between me & Dr. Fagbohun considered as Doctor's appointment or Hospital's appointment?

I really need someone to guide me through.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chinybelle(f): 1:55pm On Feb 08, 2018
raheemkeji:
Good Afternoon everyone

I am planning to give birth to my baby in Texas. Below are my concern regarding the application form(DS 160). I received an email from Center for Women’s Health (Dr. Fagbohun) where he stated that an appointment cannot be booked with any Doctor until i get to the state and he also attached a document with the budget of Oak bend Medical Center . Below are my questions

1) For DS-160 Form, what will my Contact person will be? Doctor Fagbohun/Center for Women’s Health /Oak bend Medical Center ?

2) is it advisable to use Hotel address as where i will be staying in the USA or is there any alternative?

3)Is the email Correspondence between me & Dr. Fagbohun considered as Doctor's appointment or Hospital's appointment?

Use Doctor as contact
U can used Hotel reservation, or any address you intend to stay.
Email correspondence is enough, having an appointment does not guarantee your visa approval.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eugene111(m): 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2018
Omodadi2:

Insurance? Don't know where you got that information though and it shows you've not read anything on here, just hopped in to ask question. Well, maybe your question isn't meant for here too. Nothing like buying insurance before or after contacting doctor

Thanks for this response Omodadi, Yes am new here and have also read things on here, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Micafe: 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
raheemkeji:
Good Afternoon everyone

I contacted Dr F too and I got this response regarding the appointment, or is it for someone that has the visa already?

A non-refundable fee of $200.00 is required to obtain an appointment date and letter prior to your arrival. You must provide your full names, date of birth as it appears on your passport and a possible date of arrival for the appointment letter. Such payment must be made by a friend, family member at our office or by wire transfer. Your Obstetrician's fee will be reduced by this amount upon arrival and registration less the receiving bank transaction charges.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.