Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1170872 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by afrobrown2000: 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
did for my son in Nigeria after a month of his delivery...after my doctor wanted to do it for $300 i declined i did it in abuja for free cause am a medical professional at the hospital i work and its done for #2k...it wasnt that painful with vaseline ointment after some days he was fine
OnJosh1:
Please people of GOD can anyone recommend a good Pediatrician for circumcision here in Houston? Had my baby at Oakbend. Or should I simply wait till we get to Nigeria? Baby will be 6weeks then. I shudder at the thought of the pain but I'm worried about doing it twice as I've heard not so good reports about circumcision done here. My brother's baby and my friend's baby had to be redone back home in Nigeria after first attempt here in Houston and El Paso respectively were not done properly... Not the same hospitals though.

Pls pls I appreciate your prompt response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
yugotee:

Thank you Aro for your submissions. Would you advice I contact the Doctor and the Hospital to relay this concern about hospital budget to them? Perhaps, I will also advise he reflects this in our correspondence. Also, when you say 15k to 20k, is it the total travel budget or the delivery budget alone? In that case what would be the total travel budget assuming the 15k to 20k is just for delivery and other hospital concerns?

Then, talking about proofs on the hotels I manage I'm guessing you mean Letters from the hotels showing appointment and possibly permission to proceed on leave. If not, what documents should be ideal? The hotel is just a brand with branches in Lagos, Abuja and Anambra and I travel a lot to these branches. Moreover, I'm supervising a new branch that is under construction in Rivers state.

What do you think?

You definitely have to contact the US hospital and doctor but don't negotiate prices yet. Collect it raw and present to the consulate officer. Negotiation should apply when you get to US visa, and meet with doctor and hospital if you still intend to use them. They usualy reduce price when you are paying cash and it's normal. Have nothing to do with medicaid.
Cost of birth varies from state to state and from hospitals to birthing centres. The $20k estimate was given us by the Providence medical group for birthing at St John's hospital in Santa Monica, CA. This is for worst case i.e. a CS or longer stay (5 days) e.g. if baby has jaundice or multiple birth. Always think of worse case. ..better to overestimate. One good thing is you have accommodation provided by a relative, bad side is if you don't sound convincing, your intention is to run away.
You are right on the hotels you manage. Rehearse and rehearse. ..you must sound convincing as in without you, things would go wrong. You role is one question you won't escape. Hope those good bank statements are in your name?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nwebele: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
I thouggt so, too. I got it from google

mamaron:

Are you sure you have the right web page for Nigeria?
I don't think you should be able to use an old confirmation number especially a Tanzanian one. Once you start a new application it should give you a fresh number that you will note down with your surname and date of birth and a security question....in case you don't finish in one sitting and have to go back to your application.

The Nigeria link is http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.asp

Once you have completed the form and paid the fee to GTB you can then book an appointment. After this is done you should see an option for expedite appointment.

Their requirements for medical reason for an expedited appointment are very clear:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp

Requirements are Nigerian doctor's letter, U.S. doctor's letter and proof of funding or payment for all medical services (doctor, hospital etc) ....this can be your receipt or bank statement.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 4:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
Good day house @Omodadi2 sorry.

In 2015 Feb I put to birth in Houston at WHMC paid all my bills as per self pay $4000 for me and $362 for baby both well baby well mama 3 days stay.
I paid everything as per the offer before leaving the hospital.
Got my Zero balance letter and receipts for both accounts.
Then my visa expired in May 2015 and I renewed it in October 2015 via drop box.
Now went to renew Jan 2018 via drop box but passport returned and I am advised to schedule an interview ( yet to do that)
So I started arranging all necessary document's "every every " thinking i am good to go, untill a member of the house posted her transcript on how she was denied visa at her follow up interview because of itemized bill.
She came to see what it looked like and I put up what I thought it was only for me to see the real thing. Obviously I knew I didn't have it. So I called the hospital to send mine the reception referred me to hospital patients account services (which is in Georgia) trust me I called sharp sharp , only to be told that my sons account has $4230 debt on it.
Wow I screamed no way and asked why and how but the guy just said it's been there since 3 years.
I went gagas and called the main hospital line again requesting to speak to a financial counsellor (as I could not get hold of the person that signed and issued my initial letter)
I was again given a number for the person. I called and it went into voice mail and was given her email. I sent her a mail stating my findings and my need also attaching a copy of my Zero balance.
However I kept calling till she picked. My God she was so apologetic saying the person whose job it was to strick it off did no do so.
That she would send me updated receipts and zero balance letter and follow up till the $4230 on my sons account is struck off.
She has sent the above but no itemized bill that I would have to wait for a week before it comes.
As for the follow up interview I will not schedule until I get an all clear from the said account.

I believe a lot of us can learn from this
I will also keep you posted to the end.
Sorry for the very long post.
Love you all.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 4:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
Hello house, is it from the appointment portal that one makes an expedited appointment and how. thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladeonas: 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
Hi my peeps,

A friend is looking for a flatmate in Dallas, Texas.
Its a 2bedroom apartment. U have your own closet, toilet and bathroom. U share kitchen and living room.

PM me if interested. Its really affordable. Thank me later
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
freshdad:
Hello house, is it from the appointment portal that one makes an expedited appointment and how. thanks

Yes. 3rd tab on the left...emergency request...under reschedule appointment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
Nwebele:
Hello dear NLanders,

I tried to apply through Nigeria embassy. I filled all the information i.e names, passport no and expiry, contact details etc. When I tried to go to next, it keeps requesting I enter Confirmation number. I thought confirmation number should be given after filling the forms just like here where i did my initial application.
Anyways, I entered the confirmation number I received from Tanzania here and the application continued. Then it showed that the next appointment is on 20th March. That is about the time i will be delivering though due date is 5th April.

Am considering the fact that I will havento spend a lot to fly back to Nigeria and probably with my 5 year old girl. I just want to try again in Nigeria and confront my fears once and for all. It has been confirmed that the consulars in Tanzania do not give visas to nigerians living there because of 'strong ties in home country'. Another friend went 3 times and they beat allbtheir excuses of finance and string ties and the lady finally told her the final reason is because cbp wont let her pass with belly.
Please all, can I still get expedited date after I proceed with the applucation. I tried to look for option to expedite but couldnt find

You can get an earlier date than March20. Keep Checking late at night. You can still get a date in Feb.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
Hello Fam. Please I need you your help. Can I change my point of entry? I told the VO that I will be giving birth in Texas but I want to use a hospital in Califonia instead.

1. Will I be turned back if I land in Califonia instead of Texas?
2. Will a change in state reduce my chances of visa renewal in future? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ugoguchy(f): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
AroOkigbo:

Red signal. ..desperation. Let her give herself a break.

not true,nothing like desperation
i got mine at the 3rd attempt and it was back to back

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mamababy1:
Hello house, my ex husband and I got our B1/B2 visas together in 2016 and used it for it's main purpose which is child birth and paid every bills which I have all my receipts including zero balance from the hospital. Subsequently I have travelled once on the same visa without hassles even though I was asked for my receipts at the Poe which I showed to them and was cleared free to go. During my first trip for delivery in 2016, things got so bad between me and my then husband and he asked for a divorce with the backing of his family (though our marriage was already very turbulent before then and we were saperated for a while ). On return to nigeria the marriage finally ended. Now, my ex has relocated to the US to start a new life. I am pregnant for someone else though we are not married and would like to use my valid visa to birth again in the US. My questions are these, will i be asked about my ex? And with him being in the US pose a problem to me at the immigration especially at the poe? I have the divorce certificate and every other documents to show if asked. Secondly my Visa will expire while on this trip, is that a problem? Finally, do I need to notify the embassy about my intentions to use the same visa for child birth? I've already used it for same purpose on first issuance. Please gurus in the house, kindly advice me on the following questions. N/B during my second trip, I was only asked about my hospital receipts and zero balance at the Poe. My ex or marital status was never mentioned.

You had a baby, got divorced, your husband relocated to the US (now married to someone else)... and you also found someone new and got pregnant again... all in the space of 1 year? I assume you don’t expect anyone with half a brain to believe this plot?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
bidrozey:
Just got in to US today ... My POE was Atlanta. And the experience with immigration was awesome. God indeed took control cos I was soo scared .

Met with a Black American Guy and he wasn't smiling thou just straight questions . Asked why I was in the US told him for Vacation and Childbirth . He asked how much I had .. told him 6500USD and over 12000USD in my card (note: I didn't have any money in the card but I had a fixed money of over 8million that I had the certificate with me incase deir is need for me to prove )
But my CBP was nt bothered about all that .
He asked if I informed the embassy that I was coming for childbirth... told him no because I didn't know I was pregnant as the time. He asked how many month gone
And told him 29weeks .He said Ok then stamp me in till 1st August . Thanks to everyone.. Have been a silent reader but have gained alot . Am heading to Philadelphia now from Newark. Will check hospitals deir though have been chatting with Delaware County Memorial Hospital . Thanks .

I don’t think God took control of anything. You just got awfully lucky that he did not ask you to login to your bank account and prove that you indeed had $12000 on your card. This was a tiny issue so I’m not sure why you felt the need to lie so effortlessly.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Springdance: 9:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
TWoods:

You had a baby, got divorced, your husband relocated to the US (now married to someone else)... and you also found someone new and got pregnant again... all in the space of 1 year? I assume you don’t expect anyone with half a brain to believe this plot?

Whoa, how rude can you get, who made you judge and jury. If you read clearly without prejudice, she said they were already separated before the divorce and she didn't say her husband was remarried, how did you come to that conclusion. The way you attack people on this forum is uncalled for.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by captain90210(m): 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
I'm so in support of your response. Oga twoods, you have to respect people's situations. If you can't advice, allow the sleeping dog lie

Springdance:

Whoa, how rude can you get, who made you judge and jury. If you read clearly without prejudice, she said they were already separated before the divorce and she didn't say her husband was remarried, how did you come to that conclusion. The way you attack people on this forum is uncalled for.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
Springdance:

Absolutely nothing I said was rude. Read again. Also every post here is a “judge and jury” assessment of the other... it baffles me why this is the only one you took exception to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
ugoguchy:

not true,nothing like desperation
i got mine at the 3rd attempt and it was back to back
in the previous parts some people tried like 4 times and they finally got it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
TWoods:

I don’t think God took control of anything. You just got awfully lucky that he did not ask you to login to your bank account and prove that you indeed had $12000 on your card. This was a tiny issue so I’m not sure why you felt the need to lie so effortlessly.
Twoods as usual ever since he entered into this thread is to stir up something and leave, well yes she lied but can you leave her and her lies alone please

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
captain90210:
I'm so in support of your response. Oga twoods, you have to respect people's situations. If you can't advice, allow the sleeping dog lie

Your response is confusing to me. I think what you mean is we have to continue to live in the make belief world where we hear, see and say nothing. Other than that, I see no reason why you demand that I “respect” the situation of others while denying me the same respect to voice an opinion, even one you don’t like.

Secondly, advice could go either of two ways. One you like, one you don’t. It seems to me that your problem is not that I can’t advice, but that you’re not comfortable with it.

The scenario I laid out is one any reasonable person would come to. It’s incredibly hard to convince me that a couple that divorced in 2016, after having a baby, found separate partners in such a short time that one has already moved on with another person to the US (a process that obviously takes a good deal of time) and the other is about to give birth to the baby of someone else... also why is she concerned about the ex-spouse in the US? Is she asking out of genuine concern or that the Cbp officers are likely to come to the very same conclusion that I did?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
chloe00:

Twoods as usual ever since he entered into this thread is to stir up something and leave, well yes she lied but can you leave her and her lies alone please

What else am I to do? grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
captain90210:

Please leave him alone , that’s how he is. Whatever he says now shouldn’t bother anyone

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
chloe00:

Please leave him alone , that’s how he is. Whatever he says now shouldn’t bother anyone

I agree... I find those who have a problem with my posts are often the less than honest...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Springdance: 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2018
TWoods:

I assume you don’t expect anyone with half a brain to believe this plot?

Your statement above is very rude and you are directly implying that she is lying.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Springdance: 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
TWoods:

I agree... I find those who have a problem with my posts are often the less than honest...

Here we go again, generalizing and calling people dishonest. I think you are actually a dishonest person and that is why you think every one is dishonest and a liar. Dishonesty begets dishonesty and out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. You see everyone as a liar and as dishonest because that is what you are but guess what, not every one is like you.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by YoungMetrosG(f): 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2018
FYI Past Maryland mamas who used Dr Charles Akoda, please look at this link. I know a few mamas from earlier parts of this thread used this doctor. His name was pretty common back then.

I want to say let’s all be careful but this doctor even fooled the other doctors in his practice for 10 years, so there’s not much difference our own small research could have made.

https://www.gblawyers.com/dr-charles-akoda/

PS
I hope this is ok to post, mod
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CanadianCherie: 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
ladeonas:
Hi my peeps,

A friend is looking for a flatmate in Dallas, Texas.
Its a 2bedroom apartment. U have your own closet, toilet and bathroom. U share kitchen and living room.

PM me if interested. Its really affordable. Thank me later

I am interested pls...what dates are we looking at?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
YoungMetrosG:
FYI Past Maryland mamas who used Dr Charles Akoda, please look at this link. I know a few mamas from earlier parts of this thread used this doctor. His name was pretty common back then.

I want to say let’s all be careful but this doctor even fooled the other doctors in his practice for 10 years, so there’s not much difference our own small research could have made.

https://www.gblawyers.com/dr-charles-akoda/

PS
I hope this is ok to post, mod

Wow � I totally remember the rave about this doctor then but the high Maryland hospital prices drove people to elpaso, Houston, Atlanta and even Arizona then.
I read the link now and I’m baffled

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by iluvweed(m): 11:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
Hi all,
Just gave birth and I am in GA, please anyone knows how long it takes to get a Nigerian passport after applying? Or do I just get the ETC? Please which is faster and what is the process of applying for ETC? How long does the passport take to deliver?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by darellone: 11:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mamababy1:
Hello house, my ex husband and I got our B1/B2 visas together in 2016 and used it for it's main purpose which is child birth and paid every bills which I have all my receipts including zero balance from the hospital. Subsequently I have travelled once on the same visa without hassles even though I was asked for my receipts at the Poe which I showed to them and was cleared free to go. During my first trip for delivery in 2016, things got so bad between me and my then husband and he asked for a divorce with the backing of his family (though our marriage was already very turbulent before then and we were saperated for a while ). On return to nigeria the marriage finally ended. Now, my ex has relocated to the US to start a new life. I am pregnant for someone else though we are not married and would like to use my valid visa to birth again in the US. My questions are these, will i be asked about my ex? And with him being in the US pose a problem to me at the immigration especially at the poe? I have the divorce certificate and every other documents to show if asked. Secondly my Visa will expire while on this trip, is that a problem? Finally, do I need to notify the embassy about my intentions to use the same visa for child birth? I've already used it for same purpose on first issuance. Please gurus in the house, kindly advice me on the following questions. N/B during my second trip, I was only asked about my hospital receipts and zero balance at the Poe. My ex or marital status was never mentioned.

Preggy within 1 year of divorce

I'm sure that the current husband was there when you were with your Ex. #Infidelity.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by YoungMetrosG(f): 12:05am On Feb 05, 2018
chloe00:

Wow � I totally remember the rave about this doctor then but the high Maryland hospital prices drove people to elpaso, Houston, Atlanta and even Arizona then.
I read the link now and I’m baffled

The thing is really baffling. Practiced for 10 years without qualifications or credentials. Just imagine that!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 1:10am On Feb 05, 2018
Please where in Abuja? At FMC i’m getting a quote of 25k cuz i need to have it redone

afrobrown2000:
did for my son in Nigeria after a month of his delivery...after my doctor wanted to do it for $300 i declined i did it in abuja for free cause am a medical professional at the hospital i work and its done for #2k...it wasnt that painful with vaseline ointment after some days he was fine
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:39am On Feb 05, 2018
TWoods:

The scenario I laid out is one any reasonable person would come to. It’s incredibly hard to convince me that a couple that divorced in 2016, .......xxxxxx and the other is about to give birth to the baby of someone else... also why is she concerned about the ex-spouse in the US? Is she asking out of genuine concern or that the Cbp officers are likely to come to the very same conclusion that I did?

TWoods!!! Where have you been? I've missed you and your wahala wink

The situation with madam's ex hubby and new baby daddy is believable, though unusual.....guess that's why she is asking....what incentive does she have to lie?

By the way.......I am also going to accuse you of sexism........would you have batted an eye lid if it was a man who had a baby with lady A in 2016 in the U.S. and was now having another baby with lady B in 2018 in the U.S.....hhhmm? tongue

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bidrozey: 1:43am On Feb 05, 2018
TWoods:

Do i need to respond to this ... Smh. You must be a pained person. Cheers

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (453) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.