Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162365 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eugene111(m): 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
chibertha:
Good day house @Omodadi2 sorry.

In 2015 Feb I put to birth in Houston at WHMC paid all my bills as per self pay $4000 for me and $362 for baby both well baby well mama 3 days stay.
I paid everything as per the offer before leaving the hospital.
Got my Zero balance letter and receipts for both accounts.
Then my visa expired in May 2015 and I renewed it in October 2015 via drop box.
Now went to renew Jan 2018 via drop box but passport returned and I am advised to schedule an interview ( yet to do that)
So I started arranging all necessary document's "every every " thinking i am good to go, untill a member of the house posted her transcript on how she was denied visa at her follow up interview because of itemized bill.
She came to see what it looked like and I put up what I thought it was only for me to see the real thing. Obviously I knew I didn't have it. So I called the hospital to send mine the reception referred me to hospital patients account services (which is in Georgia) trust me I called sharp sharp , only to be told that my sons account has $4230 debt on it.
Wow I screamed no way and asked why and how but the guy just said it's been there since 3 years.
I went gagas and called the main hospital line again requesting to speak to a financial counsellor (as I could not get hold of the person that signed and issued my initial letter)
I was again given a number for the person. I called and it went into voice mail and was given her email. I sent her a mail stating my findings and my need also attaching a copy of my Zero balance.
However I kept calling till she picked. My God she was so apologetic saying the person whose job it was to strick it off did no do so.
That she would send me updated receipts and zero balance letter and follow up till the $4230 on my sons account is struck off.
She has sent the above but no itemized bill that I would have to wait for a week before it comes.
As for the follow up interview I will not schedule until I get an all clear from the said account.

I believe a lot of us can learn from this
I will also keep you posted to the end.
Sorry for the very long post.
Love you all.

Please how do you contact the hospital in Houston.
Please can you direct me? Share also the site if possible
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
Every hospital has a phone number on their website,
That is the one to call remember do it during Huston working ours 8am to 6pm.
Eugene111:

Please how do you contact the hospital in Houston.
Please can you direct me? Share also the site if possible
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
raheemkeji:
Hi Everyone..If i am using Dr Fagbohun for delivery in Texas, what information will be filled my USA Application form attached,

1) Is it going to be Dr. Fagbohun's name? or

2) CENTER FOR WOMEN'S HEALTH or

3) OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER

However, how long before my interview do i need to Submit DS -160 form?

Your urgent & kind support will be highly appreciated.

Contact person: The doctor's name.
Organization: Oakbend Medical Center.

Is the doctor demanding for the unrefundable fee of $200?
If you can afford it I will advise you to pay it. With that you should get a letter addressed to the embassy accepting you as his patient, a reciept for your payment as well as an appointment card. Though it isnt a guarantee but it further boosts your chances since there is an evidence of down payment. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by raheemkeji(f): 4:04pm On Feb 08, 2018
Thanks for your response.

Please note that if i add the Doctor's name on the profile, then it wont let me add the name of the Hospital to their organization..

However, i do not have any email Correspondence from Oakbend medical Center except the one i received from Dr. Fagbohun

Kindly assist me please!

happyme31:

Contact person: The doctor's name.
Organization: Oakbend Medical Center.

Is the doctor demanding for the unrefundable fee of $200?
If you can afford it I will advise you to pay it. With that you should get a letter addressed to the embassy accepting you as his patient, a reciept for your payment as well as an appointment card. Though it isnt a guarantee but it further boosts your chances since there is an evidence of down payment. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happyme31: 5:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
raheemkeji:
Thanks for your response.

Please note that if i add the Doctor's name on the profile, then it wont let me add the name of the Hospital to their organization..

However, i do not have any email Correspondence from Oakbend medical Center except the one i received from Dr. Fagbohun

Kindly assist me please!

No problem at all. Fill in the doctor's contact.
As for the email correspondence, it is that of the doctor that is important because that is VO is likely to ask you if you have contacted any doc3tor.
Most doctors are affliated to more than one hospital anyway.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by raheemkeji(f): 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2018
Good Evening Everyone!

Is there anyone using Dr. Fagbohun for child birth. Please Reply me, i just need some clarification.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamajayjay: 12:45am On Feb 09, 2018
Make sure to check out the doctors that are affiliated with the hospital. Hopefully you may get a cheap rate from one of them.

quote author=MaziIcar post=64900801]Please is there anyone who has used or is using Cartersville medical center Georgia? Their fees are pretty cheap but it seems getting a doctor isn't as cheap. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NneMuna: 3:13am On Feb 09, 2018
Ojugunrege:

Thanks a lot. My interview today was successful.

Congratulations dear. Please let me know if you have any good deal on Flight, accommodation and hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eugene111(m): 5:30am On Feb 09, 2018
chibertha:
Every hospital has a phone number on their website,
That is the one to call remember do it during Huston working ours 8am to 6pm.

Thanks Chibertha...
Can you kindly write me the name or site of the hospital you used in Houston?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mimiessien(f): 6:12am On Feb 09, 2018
Hi everyone

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 6:58am On Feb 09, 2018
I dont know if this will fly, it is WHMS more details I can put here if I do it will be removed. Catch me if you can for more details.
Eugene111:

Thanks Chibertha...
Can you kindly write me the name or site of the hospital you used in Houston?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eugene111(m): 8:22am On Feb 09, 2018
chibertha:
I dont know if this will fly, it is WHMS more details I can put here if I do it will be removed. Catch me if you can for more details.

Thanks Chibertha I just send a mail to you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:48am On Feb 09, 2018
Ok I have also replied you check
Eugene111:

Thanks Chibertha I just send a mail to you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by raheemkeji(f): 8:48am On Feb 09, 2018
Good Morning

I really need your Assistance, Can you please reply your DM. i really do need your help.

Thank you.

happyme31:

No problem at all. Fill in the doctor's contact.
As for the email correspondence, it is that of the doctor that is important because that is VO is likely to ask you if you have contacted any doc3tor.
Most doctors are affliated to more than one hospital anyway.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hello All,

Please how do I contact the USA embassy to notify them of my intention to give birth, even if I have used the visa for the purpose for which it was issued.

I just want to be on the safe side.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Spatz81: 3:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
beautyuche:
Hello All,

Please how do I contact the USA embassy to notify them of my intention to give birth, even if I have used the visa for the purpose for which it was issued.

I just want to be on the safe side.

Thank you.

ConsularAbuja@state.gov or to LagosNIV@state.gov

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by idonhear: 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2018
Please I need a cheap childcare giver in San franscisco....I don't mind sharecare or nanny service with reasonable cost. Any suggestion please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 4:34pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good day all,
It may sound cliche that this thread is a lifesaver....i was introduced here on NL by a friend some months ago and its been bliss. I did a lot of reading here.

I went for my first interview ever on Thursday, 8th of this month (yesterday) at 7:45am in Lagos.
After many many, i was brought forward by the woman organising the queues because of my belly.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning with a smile

VO: where are you going to in the us?
Me: houston, Texas

VO: why are you going there?
Me: to have our first child

VO: do you have a doctor
Me: yes. I have contacted dr N, would you like to see the correspondence?
VO: yes please. I gave it to her

VO: what do you do?
Me: i own ....... an interior design and gift packaging company

VO: do you have any staff and how many?
Me: yes. 3 (i quickly included that my DH is sponsoring me as the income that i filled in the form is very low)

VO: what does your DH do?
Me: hes a registered arc and he co-owns a blah blah company. He gave me an introduction letter, would you like to see it?
VO: yes please ( i gave it to her and she read it)

VO: whats the name of your DH company?
Me: told her. I have his company docs here, would you like to see them, she said no

VO: how many years has he been working?
Me: 5

VO: have you ever travelled out of the country before?
Me: No ma'am

VO: why the US?
Me: US offers my child the bonus of dual citizenship with a better medical care

VO: where will you be staying?
Me: intown suites. I have made a booking, would you like to see it? (She said no)

VO: whats this trip going to cost you?
Me: 14k, i have my budget sheet here, would you like to see it? Hands it over to her

VO: lets see if you can afford this?
Me: i passed my DH statement of account to her. (She flipped through like 4 pages)
VO: is this your DH only account?
Me: no ma'am but this is for his savings and he has more than enough to cover for the trip. She then said ok

VO: how many weeks do you intend to spend there?
Me: 8 weeks

VO: do you have friends and family there?
Me: no. I dont

VO: is your DH going with you?
Me: no because of work. However, if his workload reduces, he will come and witness the birth of our first child and assist me bring the child home

VO: tell me about your DH current project
Me: i told her until she nodded and said thats ok

She started to gather all my docs together and i knew it was the moment of truth

VO: since you are going for childbirth, i would advise you to keep these docs cos you will need them at POE
Me: i knew it was a done deal and told her yes ma'am

She then brought out the white paper and circled the address and was trying to explain some things i didnt hear
She smiled for the first time and said 'Goodluck on your childbirth and have a nice day'
I smiled back and said thank you ma

As i said earlier, i had read almost all the visa interviews on these threads that i knew all the likely questions and had rehearsed my answers (which were through anyway). So, i was not tensed, i was unsually composed. Though before i was brought forward, i saw one elderly VO smiling a lot but when i got closer i saw she denied a lot of people. My VO was in Window 6 and she had this straight emotionless face. There was this other male VO rejecting everyone and sipping his cup of coffee as blue papers were flying right, left and center from him.
I just prayed for favour, i had all my documents and i knew i wasnt committing any offence. Though i was just sceptical being a first timer.
You guys should also notice how i was literally forcing all my docs down her throat. I spent between 10-15mins with her as she went through all my docs one after the other twice.

Thank you NL.

In this light, please who knows about any cheap TICKET to Houston first week in March, abeg help a sister.

31 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 5:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
[quote author=Abiodunnn post=64923934]Good day all,
It may sound cliche that this thread is a lifesaver....i was introduced here on NL by a friend some months ago and its been bliss. I did a lot of reading here.

I went for my first interview ever on Thursday, 8th of this month (yesterday) at 7of my belly.

Congrats you indeed read and Learnt a lot... and favour too was on your side..wish you safe delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CheeseMama: 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
Thanks. The Financial Counsellor said a lot of people had issues with Pediatrix cos they didnt ask for the Healthy Baby package and were billed the standard rates. She advised me to call them and if possible pay in advance. The standard charge for newborn care for up to 2 days is $1104 plus $262 for each additional day. Circumcision is $262 and hearing test is $326. The healthy baby package is $675 for newborn care for 2 days and $100 for each addition day with circumcision and hearing test being $175 and $130 respectively.

You will qualify for the HBP rate if you make payment within 30 days of delivery and specifically ask for the HBP rates. I also made sure to confirm there is no passage of the cost difference to insurance or Medicaid. They do it to encourage prompt payment and to avoid collection costs.

Gloriagee:
Congrats Cheesemama on your successful POE and best wishes on your upcoming delivery. Please can you give more details on the Paedetrcian package. Does it entail a fixed rate? Had a good experience with HNWMC and Dr Xydas but Pedatrix was difficult to deal with.

Thank you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Budding: 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hello cheese mama. Congrats on your smooth experience. I will be using HNWMC too but I have been hearing scary stories about the peadtician bill. Please can I know about this package, what its called and how you went about it?.. wishing you a safe delivery.

Thank you.

[/quote][color=#006600][/color] Got all the information for paediatrician, pathologists and anaesthesiology. I was advised to call and confirm their fees. Paediatrician has a package for early self pay patients which is valid for 30 days from delivery date, they emphasised that i mention the name of the package when i call to pay.

Also my husband applied for his visa just before i left but was denied. He applied for a regular B1/B2 visa for vacation, was asked barely any questions and documents were not checked. He has good travel history. Now i'm here he will reapply again and see if that changes anything.

All in all, i've had a good experience thus far. Only thing is the hospital is quite far from where i'm staying. Uber/Lyft cost me over $80 today. The good thing is i'm saving accommodation costs so it balances out. I have made a mental note to leave as early as possible for the hospital on d-day. I did notice an InTown suites close to the hospital though.

So thats it. Now we wait.

OK just saw your reply to Gloriagee now..thank you and bless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MaziIcar: 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Please for someone who already has a visa but wants her mom, who doesn't have a visa to accompany her, what's the procedure. Will her mother go for the interview alone or does she need to go with her?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by thestarman(m): 10:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
[qwuote author=MaziIcar post=64928421]Please for someone who already has a visa but wants her mom, who doesn't have a visa to accompany her, what's the procedure. Will her mother go for the interview alone or does she need to go with her? [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by thestarman(m): 10:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
MaziIcar:
Please for someone who already has a visa but wants her mom, who doesn't have a visa to accompany her, what's the procedure. Will her mother go for the interview alone or does she need to go with her?
Her mother need to schedule an appointment for her own interview, and indicate it on her ds160 that's she's accompanying someone already has visa, it's advisable if she can go along with the visa for the person she wants to accompany

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamajayjay: 2:21am On Feb 10, 2018
She will go alone. Give her the photocopy of your data page and visa. You may also include your doctor's correspondence if you wish ..
quote author=MaziIcar post=64928421]Please for someone who already has a visa but wants her mom, who doesn't have a visa to accompany her, what's the procedure. Will her mother go for the interview alone or does she need to go with her? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sarahwilliams19(f): 5:01am On Feb 10, 2018
ibukunpops:
Delta is the best for a Pregnant woman, at 35wks you are good to go without any documentation as you can travel anytime.

Adding the infant to the mothers ticket not soo cheap but i still prefer them anyday.

is it easy to come to the uk when you are pregnant. A friend of my sisters is coming over for 3 months and while she is here she is having her baby. Which she is going to leave in the uk to grow up and have an education, and British passport etc.

If it is that easy why am I struggling to find a child to come over and live with my family.
Do you know anyone who wants to do this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gratefulalways: 9:06am On Feb 10, 2018
What kind of arrangement is that if I may ask? Isn't it child trafficking in another guise?

Sarahwilliams19:
is it easy to come to the uk when you are pregnant. A friend of my sisters is coming over for 3 months and while she is here she is having her baby. Which she is going to leave in the uk to grow up and have an education, and British passport etc.

If it is that easy why am I struggling to find a child to come over and live with my family.
Do you know anyone who wants to do this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 10, 2018
Hi people, a quick one please. My passport expires in June my visa expired two days ago can I renew via Dropbox on a passport with less than 6 months validity?

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.