Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164652 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ulio(f): 11:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
chibertha:

Call the hospital patients account services.

I see alot has changed concerning renewal. I need some clarifications. Is the itemized bill same as receipt? Cause from what i have it doesnt reflect what i paid just original price of things i used and their "adjustment"

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatguy139: 11:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
Omodadi2:

We planned he would come later and spend like 3weeks just the way we did the last time. However, his visa was renewed at the drop box application that we did together.
Please mail them to tell them about everything and the denials and why you feel you don’t deserve it,tell them about how you paid for everything the first time then apply.my dear don’t give up jjust do this and pray.ask them what you are doing that they feel is not right that you need to know

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 1:42am On Feb 14, 2018
Omodadi2:
I was interviewed again today(3rd time)

VO: why are you going to the US

To have my second child ............xxxxxxx

VO: Do you have the proper documentations this time?
.....xxxxxxxxxxx

VO: checked through and said, sorry you are not eligible for the visa.

I went ahead this time to asked her why I am not eligible, she referred me to online information for medical tourism criteria and the documents required, I told her these are all required, tell me whc isn't there.

VO: You brought them but they are not making sense. I also said sorry, is it the account statements or the doctors correspondence and I feel you could ask a question or two if there's something not clear to you. ? VO kept mute and later said that everythingis there on paper, you don't need to be explained anything.

So sorry Omodadi2

I know you are probably at your wits end but perhaps you can try to apply again...maybe:

1) try a different location e.g. Lagos instead of Abuja
2) once at the interview...lead the conversation instead of letting the VO do it...immediately explain that this is your 4th interview...you meet all the requirements of a medical visa as far as you know and you'd just like to understand why you are being denied repeatedly.
3) pray for guidance, favour and peace so that you can be ok with whatever the outcome is.

Pele

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 14, 2018
Omodadi2 and mamanicole, as hard as it may seem right now please don’t give up if possible explore other options. God is your strength he will see you both through, you’ll get your visas back respectively and don’t be stressed because stress can do a lot of damage right now(I learnt my lesson).

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Unfelt: 3:39am On Feb 14, 2018
what is ur story?? why r u scared?? you didnt declare child birth when u got your visa??

abisoyed:
Good morning mamas in the house. Can someone or people who went through Houston POE between January and now share their experiences. Kindly help a sister out as I am in a panic mode, I bought a BA ticket to Houston for April and my family and friends have been scaring with different tales of being sent back, even the person I rented an apartment from is not recommending I come in through Houston and my ticket is non-refundable. What do you all think? Thank you as I await your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Unfelt: 4:00am On Feb 14, 2018
Is your husband in the US

ademelie:
Pls what if they ask about DH. Will his not living here not make them think I don't have strong ties here or no reason to come back once I leave? I have no travel history and this is my first baby. I would like mum to go with me and mum has no travel history too. One agent told me I have just 50/50 chance. So I decided to leave agents and then I found this thread. Please don't mind my too many questions. Am asking based on what I have read from part 5 to this particular thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Unfelt: 4:08am On Feb 14, 2018
hello Aunty, Yes you can apply for a Visa with no travel history. You are currently 8weeks pregnant meaning u have ample time, i will advice you go to Part 5 of this thread and read read read!! All your questions will be answered and more..Enjoy!!

olufuumy:
I'm 8weeks pregnant and I will love to have my baby in the US, I have no previous travel experience + my husband's uncle lives in Houston TX(the man who raised my husband).

1. Is it adviceable to go ahead considering no travel experience?

2. What are the steps and procedures to take?

3. How much should I budget all together (I have a 2yrs old son)

Please advice.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JAZES(m): 5:23am On Feb 14, 2018
Its nice to know that this thread is still going on strong....Nice one

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by vitrendy4eva: 6:38am On Feb 14, 2018
Hello house, since I'm reapplying after being denied, do I need to open a new profile and is it possible to deactivate the old profile that someone used in helping me apply? Also, how feasible is it to get a date in March at this point?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 7:31am On Feb 14, 2018
I didn’t understand her point either... thought it was just me lipsrsealed

Omodadi2:

I really don't get your point seriously. You mean I must to say here my next plans immediately?and not saying means I'm hiding something? You avoid asking me what particular question?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 7:36am On Feb 14, 2018
Greatguy139:

Please mail them to tell them about everything and the denials and why you feel you don’t deserve it,tell them about how you paid for everything the first time then apply.my dear don’t give up jjust do this and pray.ask them what you are doing that they feel is not right that you need to know

Where do I send this mail to? I mean whc address?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Omodadi2: 7:37am On Feb 14, 2018
mamaron:

So sorry Omodadi2

I know you are probably at your wits end but perhaps you can try to apply again...maybe:

1) try a different location e.g. Lagos instead of Abuja
2) once at the interview...lead the conversation instead of letting the VO do it...immediately explain that this is your 4th interview...you meet all the requirements of a medical visa as far as you know and you'd just like to understand why you are being denied repeatedly.
3) pray for guidance, favour and peace so that you can be ok with whatever the outcome is.

Pele

Seriously I have given up. Maybe will consider this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cutiep: 7:39am On Feb 14, 2018
chibertha:
Sorry to hear that but to the best of my knowledge there is no email add. You can reach them by phone that might help this the number to call
+1 866-888-4439

Thank you dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatguy139: 7:54am On Feb 14, 2018
Omodadi2:

Where do I send this mail to? I mean whc address?
The normal email address. The Lagos and Abuja email address.mail both with your passport number,full name and how your husband renewed without issues.my sister just try please as far as you are not due today

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 8:44am On Feb 14, 2018
I still cant wrap my head around why transferring lump sum.. If the cash belongs to your spouse , print his damn statement and take it with you, by far safer. and if someone is loaning you for this project then have it in weeks bfre application .
Ramj:

It's all at the discretion of the VO to ensure sincere but < 4weeks and that lump been the last transaction is a quick pick for me. if the money is in your husband's account then use his Statement of account and put in your DS -160 that your husband is sponsoring. He may also write a letter to back it and take his passport along if needed.

Bon Chance

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 1:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
Check the post of @anunimorigba she posted what it looks like
Ulio:

I see alot has changed concerning renewal. I need some clarifications. Is the itemized bill same as receipt? Cause from what i have it doesnt reflect what i paid just original price of things i used and their "adjustment"
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
Please, can you post a sample here?[quote author=Kayjay23 post=65017646][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adedoyin2108: 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
Good afternoon ladies

Baby girl arrived on the 3rd of January 2018 at Houston Northwest Medical Center through vaginal delivery.
Breakdown of cost:
Dr Xydas: 2000
Hospital: 2000
Induction: 200*
Stress test: 200*
Epidural: 650*
Hospital peadiatrician: 675 (the normal fee is much higher, this is the The Healthy Baby Package rate)
Pathology: 97 (after discount)
Peadiatrician(after discharge): 75
Birth certificate: 75 (plus delivery charge)
Passport: 160 (expedited)
Visa on arrival 190
*these are optional

I got baby's birth certificate 18 days after birth, 22/1; it was delayed cos of the adverse weather. It's 23 per copy but I paid 75 because I ordered it online (http://houstontx.gov/health/BirthCert/) and it was delivered to me next business day. To save time, I booked my appointment at the passport agency while waiting for the birth certificate. I booked two appointments actually, with different email addresses just in case [(https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/hurry.html)
(https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/apply-in-person.html)]
When booking the appointment, it's important to indicate that you need the passport same day in order to obtain a visa. After I got the birth certificate, I went for the passport interview the next day, 23/1. My husband wasn't present for the interview, but he was around for the baby's birth so we notarised in the US. If your husband isn't coming to the US, it's best to notarise the document at the US embassy before travelling to the US, notarising at a Nigerian notary public is no longer accepted. I got the US passport same day and sent the email for visa on arrival that night, got approval on Thursday 25/1 (https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/) and travelled on Monday 29/1 via Lufthansa. I had called Lufthansa customer care a day earlier to book a bassinet seat.
I got to Lagos on the 30th, straight to visa on arrival office, presented the approval and other docs, filled a form, paid the fee and baby was stamped in for a month.

NB: Got the Social security number in less than 2 weeks

Thanks to everyone for sharing info on this thread, God bless you all mightily!. To God be the glory!

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by feddy27: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Adedoyin2108:
Good afternoon ladies

Baby girl arrived on the 3rd of January 2018 at Houston Northwest Medical Center through vaginal delivery.

Thanks to everyone for sharing info on this thread, God bless you all mightily!. To God be the glory!

congratulations dear!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 2:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Welcome back
Adedoyin2108:
Good afternoon ladies

Breakdown of cost:
Hospital peadiatrician: 675 (the normal fee is much higher, this is the The Healthy Baby Package rate)
Visa on arrival 190
*these are optional

I got baby's birth certificate 18 days after birth, 22/1; it was delayed cos of the adverse weather. It's 23 per copy but I paid 75 because I ordered it online (http://houstontx.gov/health/BirthCert/) and it was delivered to me next business day. To save time, I booked my appointment at the passport agency while waiting for the birth certificate. I booked two appointments actually, with different email addresses just in case [(https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/hurry.html)
(https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/apply-in-person.html)]
When booking the appointment, it's important to indicate that you need the passport same day in order to obtain a visa. After I got the birth certificate, I went for the passport interview the next day, 23/1. My husband wasn't present for the interview, but he was around for the baby's birth so we notarised in the US. If your husband isn't coming to the US, it's best to notarise the document at the US embassy before travelling to the US, notarising at a Nigerian notary public is no longer accepted. I got the US passport same day and sent the email for visa on arrival that night, got approval on Thursday 25/1 (https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/) and travelled on Monday 29/1 via Lufthansa. I had called Lufthansa customer care a day earlier to book a bassinet seat.
I got to Lagos on the 30th, straight to visa on arrival office, presented the approval and other docs, filled a form, paid the fee and baby was stamped in for a month.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by domrita: 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hi ..@cheesemama thanks for this feedback....pls i sent you a pm kindly reply.Thanks.
Gloriagee:
Many thanks for the detailed feedback. God bless

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
Congratulations and welcome.
This your name catches my attention because it is my name too

Adedoyin2108:
Good afternoon ladies

Breakdown of cost:
Visa on arrival 190
*these are optional

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by domrita: 4:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
Huge congrats Adedoyin.Thank God for yur successful waka.thanks for this info and update.I however want to ask abt the notarised consent for absentee hubby.pls correct me if am wrong but i think the hubby in Naija can only notarise consent after babys birth (in US) so doing it before the mother travels may not make sense or is there a way around it? Thanks. I also sent u a pm pls kindly reply.thanks
Adedoyin2108:
Good afternoon ladies

Breakdown of cost:
Visa on arrival 190
*these are optional

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MoNiyi16(f): 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hello mamas,

I would like to appreciate everyone who has contributed to this forum. Even though this is my second missionary journey, I learnt so much from reading people's experiences. Got into LA via Virgin Atlantic on Monday. Had an overnight layover in London and i approached the UK Border Officer for a transit visa as advised here. Was granted a transit visa for 24 hours. Flight to LA was long and tiring as I travelled with my 1 year old though my mum travelling with us eased things a great deal.

My POE experience.

Landed at LAX at 1pm. I had requested for a wheelchair so I was wheeled straight to the CBP officer and didn't have to queue.

Handed him our passports. He asked to see my daughter and started chatting with her.

CBP Officer: How long are you guys here for?
Me: 9 weeks.

CBP: 9 weeks? What are you here for?
Me: I'm here to have a baby.

CBP: So you just come here to have babies?
I smiled.

CBP: And you have how much with you?
Me: $xx

CBP: Place your right four fingers here.

He stamped us in for 6 months. He didn't check any documents.

God is truly amazing. The wheelchair assistance lady helped us with our bags in agric and stayed with us till my host arrived. I had two bags filled with foodstuff but nothing was seized. Got Mr Fred's contact from @brownshoogah and @julzz. He got us a nice place 2 mins from Dr M' s office. Waiting for my first appointment.

Thank you to everyone for your immense help. God bless you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fiks: 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
[quote author=Unfelt post=65048071]what is ur story?? why r u scared?? you didnt declare child birth when u got your visa??

[/quote
I was going to ask
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ademelie: 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
Unfelt:
Is your husband in the US

No
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fiks: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
[b][/b]
abisoyed:
Good morning mamas in the house. Can someone or people who went through Houston POE between January and now share their experiences. Kindly help a sister out as I am in a panic mode, I bought a BA ticket to Houston for April and my family and friends have been scaring with different tales of being sent back, even the person I rented an apartment from is not recommending I come in through Houston and my ticket is non-refundable. What do you all think? Thank you as I await your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bizzle6: 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
good evening nairaland family,
I did my drop box last week and was called to pick up my passport yesterday. to the glory of God my visa was in it. thanks for all the assistance I got here and for those applying wish you all a successful story. it will end in praise.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ulio(f): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
chibertha:
Check the post of @anunimorigba she posted what it looks like

It was her post that made me request for mine..which states "this is not a bill and doew not reflect what you are being asked to pay. This is an itemization of hospital servroices which hospitals are required to provide upon request and includes amounts from the hospital master list of charges which every hospital is required to maintain"

My point is the amount in this itemised bill is not the discounted amount I paid and I have a zero balance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Btiiis: 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
happyme31:

No problem at all. Fill in the doctor's contact.
As for the email correspondence, it is that of the doctor that is important because that is VO is likely to ask you if you have contacted any doc3tor.
Most doctors are affliated to more than one hospital anyway.

@happyme31
I need an experienced person to guide me through this medical visa application. I also wish to give birth to my next baby in the USA. I gave birth in the USA in 2015 using a visit visa(through dropbox). Now I want to go the normal way, by declaring my intent. I need help with the documentation and presentation.

I look forward to your reply, cos I am 5week pregnant at the moment.(Note my two years visa has expired)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anunimorigba: 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ulio:

It was her post that made me request for mine..which states "this is not a bill and doew not reflect what you are being asked to pay. This is an itemization of hospital servroices which hospitals are required to provide upon request and includes amounts from the hospital master list of charges which every hospital is required to maintain"

My point is the amount in this itemised bill is not the discounted amount I paid and I have a zero balance

Mine reflects everything including actual amount, discounted amount and what I paid. It doesn’t state this is not a bill.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by anunimorigba: 10:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hello. Like I promised to update: my nanny got her visa today. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I wrote what I would truly give her for a salary- which is 1.5x her present salary n also a weekly upkeep.
Thanks to everyone that had an input. By the way, she was grilled on her duties, plans, working hours, etc

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.