Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia (44048 Views)

Femi Otedola And Lil Kesh Do The "Shaku Shaku" Dance At Fatima Dangote's Wedding / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) / Photo Of Femi Otedola And His Mother Kissing On The Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:21am On Dec 25, 2017
daryoor:

obama uses blackberry.

ask angela markel, us hacked her destiny for years.

pls do rephrase that as, Obama used a very unique BB

Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by daryoor(m): 4:28am On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

pls do rephrase that as, Obama used a very unique BB
thanks for buttressing my point, otedola is a billionaire and richer than obama , he should get hinself a more secure one than obamas'.
Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:47am On Dec 25, 2017
daryoor:

thanks for buttressing my point, otedola is a billionaire and richer than obama , he should get hinself a more secure one than obamas'.

i doubt anybody else in the world had these unique phones that were created specially from the NSA in conjunction with BB (it is well known that Obama is BB number one fan)... dumbaaass like Trump are too busy focussing on social media, to get such phone who cant get social media.

btw such phone use a special encryption and can only contact about 10 other similar phone like that (vice pres, chief of staff, Michelle etc). such phone can only connect to a secure base station that has to be carried around all the time, in order to prevent any hacking or eavesdropping.

so believe me, i doubt Otedola wants the hassle of paying billions to the NSA to create a device for him (as if they would even accept) and then having to carry these unique base station around your phone... while it is much cheaper and easier to use a GSM phone and turn it off when conducting business.
Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by daryoor(m): 5:01am On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

i doubt anybody else in the world had these unique phones that were created specially from the NSA in conjunction with BB (it is well known that Obama is BB number one fan)... dumbaaass like Trump are too busy focussing on social media, to get such phone who cant get social media.

btw such phone use a special encryption and can only contact about 10 other similar phone like that (vice pres, chief of staff, Michelle etc). such phone can only connect to a secure base station that has to be carried around all the time, in order to prevent any hacking or eavesdropping.

so believe me, i doubt Otedola wants the hassle of paying billions to the NSA to create a device for him (as if they would even accept) and then having to carry these unique base station around your phone... while it is much cheaper and easier to use a GSM phone and turn it off when conducting business.

wait o. regular bb is not easy to hack o, the government of i think uae tried to monitor citizen to counter terrorist activities, they couldnt so they threatend to stop bb. ill google the link.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/apr/18/uae-blackberry-emails-secure
Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:20am On Dec 25, 2017
daryoor:

wait o. regular bb is not easy to hack o, the government of i think uae tried to monitor citizen to counter terrorist activities, they couldnt so they threatend to stop bb. ill google the link.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2011/apr/18/uae-blackberry-emails-secure

that link is 6yrs old.... meaning an eternity when it comes to technology. sadly, BB or any other phone that uses cell towers can be hacked into via the SS7 hack, and all your info on that phone can be stolen and/or text msg read and phone call eavesdropped on (even GSM phone)... the whole difference in this issue is that a GSM phone is useless the minute you turn it off, while a smartphone can be remotely turned on in "secret" mode (aka phone still looks off) and listen to the microphone and video anything in front of the camera.
Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by daryoor(m): 5:38am On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

that link is 6yrs old.... meaning an eternity when it comes to technology. sadly, BB or any other phone that uses cell towers can be hacked into via the SS7 hack, and all your info on that phone can be stolen and/or text msg read and phone call eavesdropped on (even GSM phone)... the whole difference in this issue is that a GSM phone is useless the minute you turn it off, while a smartphone can be remotely turned on in "secret" mode (aka phone still looks off) and listen to the microphone and video anything in front of the camera.

i dont know anything about hacking but who d fvk is otedola, if there are hackers hunting this guys we will know. we see celebrities in america being hacked all the time, i dont see that here. when all the talented people have left looking for greener pasteurs. if anyone is looking for people like otedola they would have hacked a lot of notable nigerians by now.

the fact is otedola is just doing this for show. with the attention he is getting from it he is never going to stop.
Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:51am On Dec 25, 2017
daryoor:

i dont know anything about hacking but who d fvk is otedola, if there are hackers hunting this guys we will know. we see celebrities in america being hacked all the time, i dont see that here. when all the talented people have left looking for greener pasteurs. if anyone is looking for people like otedola they would have hacked a lot of notable nigerians by now.

the fact is otedola is just doing this for show. with the attention he is getting from it he is never going to stop.

lol, the fact that you dont hear about these countless hacking and eavesdropping issue in Nigeria, does NOT mean it doesnt happen. it would be unwise to think that Nigerian top CEOs and polithieves are not being hacked into and eavesdropped as we speak, it can easily happen to any smartphone, and with the evil desire to enrich themselves at any cost, i see many who would gladly eavesdrop on the competition.

btw do you really think the man is an attention seeker, and the best way he thought was to keep some outdated phone for decades?! ok...
Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 25, 2017
daryoor:

Several Nigerian governors have reportedly paid isreali and Italian firms to hack the phone lines of political opponents government contractors etc.

Otedola has had his own run ins with politicians. He is a direct beneficiary of political patronage. He had a big fight with nass during the subsidy investigations. He is also a paranoiac who believed at instances that there were plans to assassinate him.
Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by redsun(m): 6:30am On Dec 25, 2017
It doesn't matter what kind of phone you use,it is what you do with it that matters. Nigerians like to hype over oyinbo made things,even though it could cost them their necks.
Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by Afritop(m): 6:51am On Dec 25, 2017
liri:
...and some people are using iphone 7 and still can't buy N200 airtime....lol
If he is carrying all those expensive gadgets all around, don't you think they can be hacked by the invisibles

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by HALIX16: 6:59am On Dec 25, 2017
Those are not Nokia but 'Vertu' phones and very expensive.
Google vertu phones and you will shut your mouth up.
Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by Ijaya123: 8:49am On Dec 25, 2017
MhizzAJ:
Oga goan sit down
We've seen enough of this your Nokia 3310

Did anyone force you to look at the phone?

Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by gwinaB(m): 8:52am On Dec 25, 2017
360frolic:
Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola, was spotted with three analogue phones at Rhythm Unplugged in 2016. Definitely a man worth close to billion dollars can afford to buy any toy he wants.

But it appears the man prefers his regular old GSM phones; as he was pictured yet with the same phone a year on at the same event.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/photo-billionaire-femi-otedola-attends.html

Those phones means he can't be tracked. Any internet phone makes it possible for u to be tracked. Its apparently for security.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by wonlasewonimi: 8:54am On Dec 25, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
these are the only phones today that NOBODY can eavesdrop in, steal your info or attack via virus etc.... any smartphone can be accessed to listen/view what you are doing via the camera or mic (even if the phone is turned off). so i surely understand why a billionaire business man would be against using smartphones

Not really. Unless they are not using the mainstream cell towers to connect calls. They are actually very vulnerable cos they they dont have any encryption protocols/algorithms embedded. That's why you see them used in movies used for a while and discarded.

The only way your communication is secured is face to face naked. Most deadly deals are done in the sauna!

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Attends Rhythm Unplugged With His "Small" Nokia by Sholaystar4me(m): 9:20am On Dec 25, 2017
exactly my point..... For a bro with brain, 10 crates of chill Orijin for you grin

MrBrownJay1:
these are the only phones today that NOBODY can eavesdrop in, steal your info or attack via virus etc.... any smartphone can be accessed to listen/view what you are doing via the camera or mic (even if the phone is turned off). so i surely understand why a billionaire business man would be against using smartphones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija’s 65th Birthday Party In Pictures / How Much Is The Price Of Rice In Your Area? / Sijibomi Ogundele Of Sujimotos To Give N5 Million For A Picture With MKO Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.