Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,391 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Long Distance Relationship Guide - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationship Guide (654 Views)

Valentine: What To Buy For A Partner In A Long Distance? / This Hot Lady Is Seriously In Search Of A Man For Long-distance Relationship / 'Long Distance' Pre-Wedding Photo. See The Height Difference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Relationship Guide by Robertssamantha: 4:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
Long distance relationships are a challenge to many couples. The lack of frequent physical contact can drive a wedge between couples in such relationships. Since you don't see him often there is so much room for things to go wrong... isn't there? What can you do to successfully steer a long distance relationship? Is this a workable this long distance guide?

i. Discuss your expectations. A key long distance guide is that you must talk about what you hope and expect from each other.

a. Him and you. What kind of relationship do you want from your long distance boyfriend? Discuss what you both expect from each other... and the relationship. And come to a mutual agreement on what it is that each of you is willing to give, where you both want the relationship to lead too and what you can expect to get from each other.

b. Him and other gals. Should he be going out with other gals and what is allowed in the relationship that he does have with other gals? What aspects of his life can he share with other gals?

c. You and other guys. Should you date other guys and what is allowed when you do go out with other guys? Are hugs okay? What about kisses?

ii. Agree on communication. A long distance relationship guide is that you must agree on the type and frequency of communication so that you don't expect him to call you every day while he thinks that e-mailing you every week is fine.

iii. Avoid the negative talk! Another long distance relationship guide is that you need to keep the talk positive. You shouldn't lie but you don't want him dreading talking to you... do you?

a. Don't guilt him. Yes he is far away but it's not his fault! You may resent the circumstances that keep him away from you but makes sure you don't shift the blame to him. The fact that he is far away doesn't mean he doesn't love you 'enough'. We have been made to believe that if a man loves you then nothing (not even distance) will keep him from you. He is human... and you need to deal with him as such.

b. Find a way to deal with your suspicions! If you have a suspicious mind (and who doesn't) then you must find ways to contain your fears. Accusing him or treating him like a criminal will kill your long distance relationship.

iv. Stay engaged and excited about life. A long distance relationship guide is that you must not lose your vibrancy and love for life that he finds so attractive. Life will stretch you and bring out different aspects of the amazing woman, that you are. So keep living to the full.

v. Look and feel great! He may not see you as often as you would like but when you look great you tend to feel great... and this comes through in your attitude and conversation.

If you like this article about best dating sites and want to read more on this topic, please visit here: top dating sites

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by Dillusionist(m): 4:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
my love for long distant relationship kiss

I don't have strength to be seeing you every time jareh undecided
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by coolestofall(m): 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
Sorry bro, but dn't ur dick get a say in d matter. When konji hold u, u will knw dat kolewerk.
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by iykekelvins(m): 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
Dillusionist:
my love for long distant relationship kiss

I don't have strength to be seeing you every time jareh undecided
I bet you guys make out thru face time gringrin
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by Modelqwen(f): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
shocked

LDR can b frustrating.... i can't advice anyone to engage in one.
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

LDR can b frustrating.... i can't advice anyone
to engage in one.

We don't choose how we fall in love, love finds us and chooses us !
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by Dillusionist(m): 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
iykekelvins:
I bet you guys make out thru face time gringrin
undecided
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by iykekelvins(m): 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

LDR can b frustrating.... i can't advice anyone
to engage in one.
You ever been in one?
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by sweetetlove(f): 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2017
Long distance relationship is bae don't enjoy seeing a guy everyday.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
It is sweet and interesting when u r both busy with your life pursues. Idleness is a vice
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by Modelqwen(f): 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
iykekelvins:
You ever been in one?

yea..

it's not my kinda thing.
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2017
Its all nice and cool till your partner cheats and you no single clue due to the long distance.
Re: Long Distance Relationship Guide by iykekelvins(m): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
Modelqwen:

yea..

it's not my kinda thing.
Lol, it's no one's thing.

(1) (Reply)

The Hustle Is Real For Nigerian Ladies / See Why Women Hate To Date Broke Guys And Why It's A Big Deal / Sex Dolls: Ik Ogbonna, Daramalola, others react

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.