Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation (28921 Views)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Okosin(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2023
I am an engineer working in Port Harcourt while my wife is a public health worker working in Abuja. May 2023 will make us two years in marriage. We are expecting out First child soonest.
Sometimes i just feel frustrated at the whole thing but then We still have to make ends meet. We have applied for jobs in each others location all to no avail. I am becoming tired of the whole situation especially with the coming of our child. I need meaningful advice on what to do.p

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by advanceDNA: 9:38pm On Feb 25, 2023
Okosin:
I am an engineer working in Port Harcourt while my wife is a public health worker working in Abuja. May 2023 will make us two years in marriage. We are expecting out First child soonest.
Sometimes i just feel frustrated at the whole thing but then We still have to make ends meet. We have applied for jobs in each others location all to no avail. I am becoming tired of the whole situation especially with the coming of our child. I need meaningful advice on what to do.p

Its the sweetest type of relationship if u both can navigate it well and build discipline... sex doesnt get boring easily and u miss each other which will make cherish every moment when u see....
....sadly it can also be an adultery infested relationship with a couple of doses of paternity fraud if u are not sexualy disciplined

226 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2023
advanceDNA:

..it can also be an adultery infested relationship with a couple of doses of paternity fraud if u are not sexually disciplined
In Bold Letters = Very important task for both parties.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2023
Okosin:
I am an engineer working in Port Harcourt while my wife is a public health worker working in Abuja. May 2023 will make us two years in marriage..
You're still v.young in the lifelong learning institution.

For you, How much do you love n respect your wife?

Cos, ask yourself, if the opportunity comes for flirting, partying/clubbing, your hot ex, direct request for sex from a v.hot lady in your private apartment far away from home, what's gonna happen?

For her, How much do you know and trust your wife?

Cos, ask yourself, if the opportunity comes for flirting, girls chat, her ex, indirect request for sex comes from a hot guy or rich client in her workplace, what's gonna happen?

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2023
V.True
advanceDNA:

Its the sweetest type of relationship if u both can navigate it well and build discipline... sex doesnt get boring easily and u miss each other which will make cherish every moment when u see
grin

As in, the visits r always v.v.cherished.
That feeling like you're bout getting married but this time as a married person.

Una go talk lyk say you've only gtn this v.hour to hold hands, cuddle, chat, look into each other eyes, feel, go out together.. the banging too na 🔥

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Lamanii22(f): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2023
Not seeing my husband a whole day is hard not to talk of living apart…. I don’t think I can deal 😴😴

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Cutehector(m): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2023
Cant deal with this shït.

25 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 10:52pm On Feb 25, 2023
Lamanii22:
Not seeing my husband a whole day is hard not to talk of living apart…. I don’t think I can deal 😴😴
But seeing everyday becomes an eyesore.
You could however be 1 of the 100,000 wives who wouldn't. But how bout him - is he among the 1 or the 100,000?

In the first 2-4weeks of marriage, many love to have their partners around them always (honeymoon mode activated)

First 6months, many want to have their partners around the house but love to add little spices by creating moments that'll mk them be wanted (trying to conceive mode activated)

First 2yrs, most would prefer going through normal day to day activities without seeing each other till evening (family mode activated)

First 10yrs, most would prefer not seeing each other for at least 2days or more so as to rekindle the quest to be loved/wanted by their partners..

The reality remains: seeing everyday become an eyesore

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Lamanii22(f): 12:26am On Feb 26, 2023
LoudlyMouthed:

But seeing everyday becomes an eyesore.
You could however be 1 of the 100,000 wives who wouldn't. But how bout him - is he among the 1 or the 100,000?

In the first 2-4weeks of marriage, many love to have their partners around them always (honeymoon mode activated)

First 6months, many want to have their partners around the house but love to add little spices by creating moments that'll mk them be wanted (trying to conceive mode activated)

First 2yrs, most would prefer going through normal day to day activities without seeing each other till evening (family mode activated)

First 10yrs, most would prefer not seeing each other for at least 2days or more so as to rekindle the quest to be loved/wanted by their partners..

The reality remains: seeing everyday become an eyesore

I don’t agree with you… not like you’re both glued at home or something, you’d both go to work and back I think that’s enough space instead of not seeing each other a whole week or months… except you don’t really love each other… my husband and I don’t get tired of seeing each other…

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by FatherCHRISTMAS: 3:49am On Feb 26, 2023
Young Couples are meant to be closer to each other.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 7:14am On Feb 26, 2023
Lamanii22:

I don’t agree with you…
You're almost re-writing everything I've written here. Yet claim you don't agree.

Lol
You disagree on which pls?

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 7:21am On Feb 26, 2023
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Young Couples are meant to be closer to each other.
Yeah, even the holy books agree with you.
Esp when he's a public office holder, in the military, traveller..

But suggest she gets pregnant ASAP so she could get some company frm the child(ren) while he's away.

9 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Lamanii22(f): 8:29am On Feb 26, 2023
LoudlyMouthed:

You're almost re-writing everything I've written here. Yet claim you don't agree.

Lol
You disagree on which pls?

The part where you said seeing each other can be an eyesore

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2023
Lamanii22:

The part where you said seeing each other can be an eyesore
And how many decades of anniversary have you celebrated?

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Hollyharjii: 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
Here to read comments as I'll soon become a husband

6 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Chinkotiger: 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
I no fit cope

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Mikelarteta(m): 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
It doesn’t end well most times.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Goodlady(f): 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
As long as you update my account with money, I ll cope. Who needs to see face to face when seeing your man too much ll lead to monitoring. You can be hustling for our future in Lagos or Aba while I chill in Abuja.
I ll wait for your love. Just do the needful stated above.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by unclejb2(m): 9:43pm On Feb 27, 2023
Cope....as a man, you cope by always using a condom

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Abokilongthing: 9:43pm On Feb 27, 2023
Do you want me to tell you. I'm sure you are not ready to hear it so forget it let's focus on how to survive the next 8 years

5 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Mayhem1: 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2023
If Peter Obi doesn't win, we will take Tinubu's matter to the courts!!!

11 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by wunmi590(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2023

Choi, it has not been easy, but money must be made genuinely....

I work in Lagos and live in one of my family house on the island, while wify works in abeokuta, so I go home every weekend or sometimes twice a week...

She originally don't like Lagos, because the over population and noise from every angle....

I must say we are used to it, because when we courted for like 17years before we got married, it was also a long distance.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by stevebond007(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2023
Phone seggz... perhaps lipsrsealed

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Kobicove(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2023
Let those in long distance marriage come and answer cheesy
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by tammie24: 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2023
The man will still be a Batchelor

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Kobicove(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2023
stevebond007:
Phone seggz... perhaps lipsrsealed

grin

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by sacajawea: 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
If you need Sugar Boy, reach out
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Vyzz: 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
;De
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Father4all: 9:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
Abeg, carry your marriage matter go. Na election we are talking about

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Give Us Our Real Babies, Mothers Tell Enugu Govt (photo) / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / Lawyers Advise Women To Drop Maiden Name After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.