Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. (16045 Views)

Top Reasons To Study Bsc Computer Science / Bsc Data Science Or Bsc Computer Science / B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Standardcosting(m): 7:16am On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=akeentech post=63641357][/quote]
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Mosesoly(m): 7:17am On Dec 27, 2017
Please go for computer science, if you are interested in Computer Education you can do PGDE after your Bsc, and also if you are doing computer science find a place to learn a skill related to hardware, it may just be during your holidays or weekend, don't just be a certificate holder that won't be able to troubleshoot laptop, we have so many Computer scientist like that, may be it is because they don't do practicals in school
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Hantonia(f): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2017
Both Re Ohk Am Currently A Federal College Of Education Stu Which Is 3yrs Nd Wit Nce Cert 4 Computer Sci It 4yrs Wit Bsc Knw Ave Taken Jamb 2 Study Computer Science Nw Age Is Jst No
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Hantonia(f): 7:19am On Dec 27, 2017
SetrakusRa:
Computer Science! Forget the duration.. You'll regret pick that Education course..
Der Ntin 2 Regret In It
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Hantonia(f): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Pray to God and ask him to choose for you. From our human perfective no IT firm will recruit you with computer science Education peace!
Says Who
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Scholar212(m): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2017
There is no room for comparison at all, go straight for computer science, get a laptop and start learning programming, web development on his own right from 100 level through various online platforms, he will also meet some badass programmers as his colleagues and network with them. Get some certification after graduation and he is good to go. Computer education will only limit him to teach at secondary school and roadside computer centers. If he even intends going into academics with his computer science degree, he will be thinking of NIIT and other certified institutions.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by guji12(m): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Pray to God and ask him to choose for you. From our human perfective no IT firm will recruit you with computer science Education peace!
Deres nofin like pray to God.. educational courses are never nice compare to d course itself.
Computer science education is in computer science..
Please go for computer science

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by tiwiex(m): 7:22am On Dec 27, 2017
TechSandra:
Please I need your opinion on this. A brother needs some advice.

He got 2 admissions, One at a Federal Univeristy via Jamb-UTME to study Computer science for 4 years and another one via Direct Entry at a Federal College of Edu affiliated to UNN, to study Computer education for 3 years. He's currently 25 and is confused of which to go for. He's very worried about the age he'll graduate considering that he's the first son, and also the kind of degree he'll get if he chooses the 3 year option.

Your wise words are appreciated.

Patience is a virtue. He is 25 and has a 4 year course. What is rushing him? If he is so impatient at this age, what next? He needs to take it easy oh. Before I finish typing, 4 years go don reach.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by joshajay(m): 7:23am On Dec 27, 2017
B.Sc degree in Computer Science is better than B.Sc degree in Computer Science Education from affiliated institution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Webman007: 7:26am On Dec 27, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Sike(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2017
Science over education
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Scetrocom: 7:28am On Dec 27, 2017
TechSandra:

He got 2 admissions, One at a Federal Univeristy via Jamb-UTME to study Computer science for 4 years and another one via Direct Entry at a Federal College of Edu affiliated to UNN, to study Computer education for 3 years. He's currently 25 and is confused of which to go for. He's very worried about the age he'll graduate considering that he's the first son, and also the kind of degree he'll get if he chooses the 3 year option.

Please and please, do not concern yourself with duration. There is a remarkable difference between Bsc computer and B edu.
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by goldtooth: 7:29am On Dec 27, 2017
Computer science forget duration of computer education
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by chymes0359(m): 7:38am On Dec 27, 2017
dmjinc:
Computer science coupled with some certs...you are everywhere smiley
certs without technical knw how na rubbish..
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by onlyme07(m): 7:45am On Dec 27, 2017
It's a pity a host of us don't understand the difference between Bsc edu and Bsc. This is not about College of Education at all. There is difference between Tai Solarin University of Education and Tai Solarin College of Education. The former will issue Bsc.Ed cert in some.courses and B.ed in others, while the latter will issue,NCE etc.

Therefore,Bsc.ed means,you have double hons,Bsc in that field and at the same time B.ed in the same courses so,its your choice to be a professional in your field likewise be a professional teacher/lecturer in that field. Most of us are very good in our field but we can't teach because we lack education background hence,PDE or PGDE taken by Bsc holders. In the same vein,a Bsc ed holder can go for Masters or PHd in the field or education field whichever the person decides.

Op,to be sincere with you,Bsc edu is the best for any young lad now. If you don't secure a job in your field,you can teach as well. Single hons is not enough in the present Nigeria and TRCN is a body recognised home and abroad. Most of the Colleges of Education that offer Bsc edu are affliated to a University. Adeyemi College of Education is affliated to OAU meaning you're a graduate of OAU same with Federal College of Education,Osiele,Abeokuta affliated to UI. Both institutions can become a University of education by the FG anytime.

Op,don't fret. Education is the way. Forget abt the place you bagged the cert but try as much as possible to upgrade yourself. Skills with cert will take you places..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by BluntBoy(m): 7:46am On Dec 27, 2017
TechSandra:

My brother, don't let anyone deceive you with hasty picks. Many people here will tell you to pick Computer Science over Computer Education because they feel education courses are inferior. But, bro, your brother is more likely to get a quick job with a degree in Computer Education than he would ever be with a degree in Computer Science.

As a matter of fact, Computer Science is an overrated course. Let him take the FCE admission. If he knows what he is doing, he will get employment either in a good private school or in a Federal or state school.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by onlyme07(m): 7:59am On Dec 27, 2017
BluntBoy:

My brother, don't let anyone deceive you with hasty picks. Many people here will tell you to pick Computer Science over Computer Education because they feel education courses are inferior. But, bro, your brother is more likely to get a quick job with a degree in Computer Education than he would ever be with a degree in Computer Science.

As a matter of fact, Computer Science is an overrated course. Let him take the FCE admission. If he knows what he is doing, he will get employment either in a good private school or in a Federal or state school.

Nice one.
Leave them till they get a good offer to teach in a Uni before they understand why education is the best. We were brainwashed while growing to see education as inferior. I served im a College of Education,that was where I realised,I made a costly mistake. My dept was short of lecturers in my field,I had to teach but when I was pleading to be retained,then the issue sprung up,you don't have education background. Presently,running my PDE programme to keep that slot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:07am On Dec 27, 2017
Hantonia:
Says Who

Computer Science has more prospect than computer science Education. However,like I said, if God is even with one studying Yoruba, he can achieve much more in life than a student studying medicine and surgery.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Hantonia(f): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Computer Science has more prospect than computer science Education. However,like I said, if God is even with one studying Yoruba, he can achieve much more in life than a student studying medicine and surgery.
I.T Firms Takes Pple Wit Computer Education
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by LegendaryArnold(m): 8:17am On Dec 27, 2017
Is like your brain is paining your brother... Comparing a university and a college of education alone isn't acceptable angry

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by obisco4u: 8:23am On Dec 27, 2017
Both are technically Federal universities since the college of education is affiliated to UNN.
I also understand that Computer Education is not a double honors course. It is a mix of some Compter courses and education courses. It's not like the Bsc(ed) Computer science. It's Bsc Computer education.
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by IAMBlesssed(f): 8:24am On Dec 27, 2017
Op you want to be a teacher and be collecting 25 to 40k salary No say we no tell you, better use your head. With Computer Science Bsc you can even teach if you want to. You also stand a better chance in other industries as well. Being an educationist limits your Career. Above all Teaching Career is very frustrating in this country. Insults from your employer, students and their parents plus meager salary with no hope of Career advancement prospects. I m talking from experience. I don talk my own ooo.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by olami100(m): 8:29am On Dec 27, 2017
it is quite unfortunate and very sad that most people in this forum are still quite showing discrepancies over educational course. we always believe educational course is too inferior. op my candid advise to you is this, but first of all, let me tell you that I am a graduate of computer science education and presently I am doing my MEd in the same course. I would tell you there is nothing to be worried about.. in fact do you know that many universities are looking for lectures to fill up computer education department? only few universities have the course, if you want to venture into lecturing line, I will advice you to go for computer science education. do not be deceived, there are many computer scientist who are also road side computer repairer. friend don't be deceived. but the most important thing is, get your priority right, and do lots of certification.. that will give you an edge.
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by SetrakusRa(m): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2017
Hantonia:
Der Ntin 2 Regret In It

don't be sentimental. there's everything to regret.. Computer Ed. isn't as lucrative as Computer Sci.
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:47am On Dec 27, 2017
Many don't even understand the OP's question. Getting an admission into a college of education affiliated to UNN doesn't mean he will come out with NCE. OP I will advice you to pick computer education, because, you will have double honours which is Bsc(ed). I just laugh at guys that look down on education courses. Go for computer education, do professional courses. After your first degree in Computer education you can do your Msc in Computer science. Don't let anyone deceive you, there are non-computer science graduate that are good in information technology.
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 27, 2017
Purebeerry:
As a man, go for computer science.

Computer education is for intending teachers and lecturers. and it fits women.
What do you mean by it fits women? Are you telling me that there are no male educationist at all?
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 27, 2017
asuustrike2009:

What do you mean by it fits women? Are you telling me that there are no male educationist at all?
There are but few, I am an educationist and I know what am saying.
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by donqx: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2017
same
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by pawesome(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2017
Education will be beta but dis affiliation tin is annoyn...just go fr d bsc if nt education is beta
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by pawesome(m): 9:28am On Dec 27, 2017
Purebeerry:
There are but few, I am an educationist and I know what am saying.
all dose social science courses fit women but not science courses...
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2017
pawesome:
all dose social science courses fit women but not science courses...
What will you have to say about Nursing?
Re: Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. by pawesome(m): 9:31am On Dec 27, 2017
Purebeerry:
What will you have to say about Nursing?
education line ah said...teaching...lik gals teaching physics,maths n d rest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

F C E, Abeokuta 2013/2014 Nce Program Admission Session / Secondary School Students Go Into The Forest To Have Sex [photo] / ASUU Replies FG Today As Members Reject Tokenism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.