Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Female Circumcision - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Female Circumcision (1484 Views)

Female Circumcision / Atakumosa West L.G.A Of Osun Ends Female Circumcision / Shocking Video Of Child Female Circumcision In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Circumcision by tessytessy(f): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2017
Good afternoon fellow Nairalanders,

I have been asked to submit my two girls for female circumcision. The first child is about to clock 10 years and i am told that it is compulsory as a tradition for the female child to be circumcised. I do not want it to happen to my child as the same thing happened to me when i was young and it was indeed a terrible experience which i wont want my enemy to go through. What do i do in this scenario as it is now almost becoming a threat level. We are from Edo North, where the practice is still prevalent.
Re: Female Circumcision by dafeyankee: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2017
tessytessy:
Good afternoon fellow Nairalanders,

I have been asked to submit my two girls for female circumcision. The first child is about to clock 10 years and i am told that it is compulsory as a tradition for the female child to be circumcised. I do not want it to happen to my child as the same thing happened to me when i was young and it was indeed a terrible experience which i wont want my enemy to go through. What do i do in this scenario as it is now almost becoming a threat level. We are from Edo North, where the practice is still prevalent.

Just ignore them.

The problem is not even the Village people bothering you guys for these dumb practices, the way I see it.

The problem is you guys even getting close,or letting those with the beliefs in these village practices to even come close to you at all.

My Mom is Warri, and the day an Uncle told me about Jazz and how to do it, was the last day he entered my house.

2 Likes

Re: Female Circumcision by tessytessy(f): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
Thank you. We have instructed our gate man not to let anyone from our village come to our house in our absence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Circumcision by ImperialYoruba: 1:53am On Dec 28, 2017
tessytessy:
Thank you. We have instructed our gate man not to let anyone from our village come to our house in our absence.

Here is what I can offer for advice. There has to be one or two people in your extended family who are also against the practice. Use them as allies. You can never attend to every issue that needs your attention, you must learn to delegate tasks.

Your anti-circumcision allies become the champion for your voice and interest and through good acts of fellowship with the elders you all can reach a compromise that gives you victory.

1 Like

Re: Female Circumcision by Pascopele: 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2019
smiley
Re: Female Circumcision by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 03, 2019
I hope you were able to avoid the evil practice for your kids. The practice really needs to be eradicated.

2 Likes

Re: Female Circumcision by Pascopele: 6:33pm On May 28, 2019
wink wink wink
Re: Female Circumcision by Mizwisdom(f): 1:48pm On May 29, 2019
Do you need outsiders to tell you how to manage your kid's life? go and submit them na

2 Likes

Re: Female Circumcision by Pascopele: 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
Mizwisdom:
Do you need outsiders to tell you how to manage your kid's life? go and submit them na
lol

(1) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo's Young Wife Who Celebrated Her Birthday Is Obviously Pregnant / IGBO PEOPLE - What Does This Mean / Who Are These So Called Nigerians That Shakes The Whole World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.