Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Nigerian Men, you Are Confused - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men, you Are Confused (51760 Views)

MEN!! You Are An IDIOT If You Accept A Cheating Gf Back!! This Is Why. (Photos) / When Angel Gabriel Asked You To Take A Picture With All The Men You Slept With / Dear Nigerian Women You Are Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by LuvU2: 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2017
Sophyrocks:

I concur. More and more single nigerian ladies should consider marrying outside this country. Instead of struggling with the few reasonable men available here. You must not marry a nigerian man. Widen out ladies!
Xactly. We need more women who think like this. We should put ourselves first nd damn loyalty . Who loyalty epp? Our society favours nd protects d men. Nigerian marriages favour men much more, we need to be woke.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by streamsofjoy(f): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
pcguru1:

Not all women though but I see your point and can relate with it. Besides most financially independent women mostly marry up not down anyway.

Wat do u mean by marry up not down Pls?
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by braivheart: 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Put who?on what way.
The family way grin
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
LuvU2:
Xactly. We need more women who think like this. We should put ourselves first nd damn loyalty . Who loyalty epp? Our society favours nd protects d men. Nigerian marriages favour men much more, we need to be woke.

True that. Nigerian women are missing out on a lot of sugar out there. They need serious pampering. Nigerian women are carrying a lot of bullsh1t on their shoulders courtsey the confused society. Every single brunt created by nigerian men is constantly heaped on nigerian women in this country you know. And that can take a toll on them. We need some fresh air and some gooooood loving. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
Sophyrocks:

True that. Nigerian women are missing out on a lot of sugar out there. They need serious pampering. Nigerian women are carrying a lot of bullsh1t on their shoulders courtsey the confused society. Every single brunt created by nigerian men is constantly heaped on nigerian women in this country you know. And that can take a toll on them. We need some fresh air and some gooooood loving. smiley

And the revolt continues
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
LuvU2:

And the revolt continues
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by thanormallooney: 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
Jupxter:

And the revolt continues
Whatever you think is entirely up to you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by braivheart: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
olaboy1:
But OP majority of the financially independent Nigerian women are not only full of pride but are also condescending.
I guess you would agree with me that the dialogue below is a common thing in Nigeria

“Tolani can you just imagine this low life guy who came to church on an Okada trying to ask me out on a date”

Nigerian men I believe have heard these kind of dialogues growing up far too many times, and therefore do their dating and mating selections in a way they are not caught up in this loop of egoistic women.

I worked under female senior managers and many of them acted very disrespectful to office assistants using all sorts of fake foreign accents to ridicule them. It’s hard to find financially independent male senior managers doing same thing to office assistants. The "terribleness" of the female SM was due to "attitude" as a result of power/wealth/position, and we had more cases of female SM’s slapping drivers. If you doubt me try and join the Uber thread and most negative riders feedbacks come from the so called “financially independent women”.

Also women generally have what I refer to as “follow the flock” mentality when dating, they do what their friends do, more like a social construct they must follow, they have been societally conditioned to date up and anything short of that is a no no...(reason why when a woman says she is going to use the toilet others follow). There are loads of fakers, who simply copy a behaviour, but have no unique persona.

Nigerian men don’t have big ego at such, given the opportunity I bet an Okada guy would gladly go on a date with a bank cashier.
So before you ask us to fix our huge ego and low self esteem, maybe you should ask Nigerian women not to treat their not so well off partners with utter disdain, because if I understand you correctly you seem to be saying financially independent Nigerian women are single because of the ego and low self esteem of Nigerian men and their big need to use money as a form of control in a relationship.

OP on a serious note, how financially independent are you on a scale of 1-10.
Safiaaa
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by henryhemon(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
Safiaaa:
Yes some love dependent women. Very few love independent women, realistically speaking. But most if not all of you claim women have nothing else to offer but pussy? Can you please explain this?

While what you said might be true that some of them can't stand independent women,how many women are independent? A very small fraction.....a whole host of others are dependent on men. Please don't confuse a woman working as an independent woman....most of them that has a job are heavily dependent on men....

To a Nigerian woman being independent means seeing themselves being equal or above men hence they hardly value humans cuz they have more money or intellect than a man. Only few independent women can hardly be themselves.Others are whole lot of baggage no one will want to carry on his shoulder.

As for men who feel inferior to independent women,I think it has to do a lot with self esteem and experience in life. There are men who dine n wine with independent women, those ones can never fret when they see one. Really nothing different with an independent woman....I mean the ones with good attitude,major difference is she has her money and you have yours. Say no to broke girls.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2017
streamsofjoy:

Wat do u mean by marry up not down Pls?

Marry up means when you marry someone above your class e.g a woman marrying a richer man and marry down obviously means the opposite settling with someone less financially buoyant than you and also lesser in terms of class. E.g a wealthy woman marrying someone lower in financial status and also class to some point.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
smiley
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by LuvU2: 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
Sophyrocks:

muahh ❤

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by engrelvis(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
@op.my dear Sabina u r missing d point.what an average Nigerian man want is a responsible independent woman.i.e even though she has ,she still respect her man.but unfortunately is nt so here.i travel out alot.boston to b precise.a typical American lady takes pride in sharing financial responsibility with her man.i think it has do with d their upbringing n culture.yes do Bleep up sometime.u go out on a date over there some ladies pay.d point am bringing out is dat dey don't c it as any big deal.but here in Nigeria,a typical Nigeria lady feel every man is her arm.d men r suppose to take care of dem .is nt their fault.is what has been taught dem.but dey need to change their mindset.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Pataricatering(f): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
The reason why women seem unreasonable is because men will never give them their due respect in the workplace ! Whenever you have a man working for you he brings his stupid ego along with him to work and will never submit to authority because he has “ your type “ at home ! . That’s why female bosses have to be unreasonable !
kazyhm:
okay.......the problem really is women cannot handle being superior maturely.......

just pay attention to when a woman is a leader in any place, they tend to be very unreasonable and very sentimental to some very minor issues. they cant withstand real pressure and they can never look the other way when intimidated/bully when they are in control.

in summary women dont have locus of control when she is superior

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by engrelvis(m): 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2017
D truth is dat poverty has eaten too deep into dis society.d more money u v d more control u v over our women here .on a more serious note I will want create an elite nairalanders forum dat can b assisting d less privilege . before u will belong u must v d following.1)u must b earning gud money (nt fake rich men online) 2)u must b traveling out ( because as d forum grows we might decide to hold meeting outside Nigeria 3) yr age shud nt b more dan 30yrs.4)u must b real ( dnt claim what u r nt. 5) d main purpose of d elite forum is to help d less privilege.if there is anything am nt adding pls feel free to add yrs.let put smile on smbdy face come 2018
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by humilitypays(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Uncle humility I believe you treat others how you want them to treat you.You want respect,humility please also learn to be humble and respect others as well.Which one be pretty girls only even ugly humble and respectful ones as well.No man can make marriage hell for me I can get out but before then me go give am double hell it is no joke.I agree when you said worship but to me it is a two way thing if a lady wants a man to worship her she should worship him and if he wants a lady to worship him he should worship her it is reciprocal.
I will try my best, God helping me grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by kazyhm(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
Pataricatering:
The reason why women seem unreasonable is because men will never give them their due respect in the workplace ! Whenever you have a man working for you he brings his stupid ego along with him to work and will never submit to authority because he has “ your type “ at home ! . That’s why female bosses have to be unreasonable !

i have said what i know/observed with women

"
..............because men WILL never give them their due respect................
" meaning women act DEFENSIVELY prior to ATTACK ?
well, i like you for being honest
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by purples25(f): 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
Look they just like to prove that women are useless, even if a woman is not useless they would turn her useless themselves and then call their friends to show them they have proved the point that every woman is useless. They just want to always find a reason to insult and look down upon their women, and they always find them. After all, where there is a will, there's a way.

Others strive to work together and build futures, but African man wants to intimidate African woman and African woman loves to be intimidated as they initiate their daughters and females into becoming man worshippers , last last.

Africans love oppression. All the wealth and things we gain or do is just to oppress others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by humilitypays(m): 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
engrelvis:
D truth is dat poverty has eaten too deep into dis society.d more money u v d more control u v over our women here .on a more serious note I will want create an elite nairalanders forum dat can b assisting d less privilege . before u will belong u must v d following.1)u must b earning gud money (nt fake rich men online) 2)u must b traveling out ( because as d forum grows we might decide to hold meeting outside Nigeria 3) yr age shud nt b more dan 30yrs.4)u must b real ( dnt claim what u r nt. 5) d main purpose of d elite forum is to help d less privilege.if there is anything am nt adding pls feel free to add yrs.let put smile on smbdy face come 2018
...and your elite forum members must not be more than 30yrs and they must be rich and adventurous Will they come from Nigeria or from Pluto and Mars Just asking cos even in China and USA you can hardly find people below 30yrs that are legally rich and not into crimes....that's aside those few in tech and dotcom biz.

Think it well

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
alexialin:

My dear alot do think and behave this way.

Oh I see! Am gonna do a very vital secret search to see and convince myself beyond doubt.

I use to have such issues like the op, but not anymore.

And men like you are very rare.

That's the truth

Well I need to convince myself beyond doubt by doing a search on what you ve said coz neither my friends posses such manner of thought as u ve earlier pointed out..
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by humilitypays(m): 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
purples25:
Look they just like to prove that women are useless, even if a woman is not useless they would turn her useless themselves and then call their friends to show them they have proved the point that every woman is useless. They just want to always find a reason to insult and look down upon their women, and they always find them. After all, where there is a will, there's a way.

Others strive to work together and build futures, but African man wants to intimidate African woman and African woman loves to be intimidated as they initiate their daughters and females into becoming man worshippers , last last.

Africans love oppression. All the wealth and things we gain or do is just to oppress others.
you ladies won't kill me with laugh oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 2:32pm On Dec 28, 2017
Divay22:

Word

!!!

Contribute to this thread Divay22 and someone might just pickup a point as u never can tell.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Spaxon(f): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Such a beautiful thread, I love rich females. grin bring your money so we can offset the bills whenever I wanna hang out wink mynd44 what's your opinion on this debate??
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hey Bighead kiss you annoy me joor
Spaxon:
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2017
purples25:

purples25:

Please can you tell us exactly how africans or african men love to intimidate ladies!

Coz am ignorant of this which u ve stated!
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by engrelvis(m): 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
humilitypays:
...and your elite forum members must not be more than 30yrs and they must be rich and adventurous Will they come from Nigeria or from Pluto and Mars Just asking cos even in China and USA you can hardly find people below 30yrs that are legally rich and not into crimes....that's aside those few in tech and dotcom biz.

Think it well
my bro d essence of putting my ideas out there is for criticism like dis.is in d formative stage .so please if u v better ideas pls let me know.respect
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Spaxon(f): 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Hey Bighead kiss you annoy me joor
and u gave me the silent treatment abi
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
Nah you haven't reached out in a while and no one can predict when you will pop up next. Hope you good?
Spaxon:
and u gave me the silent treatment abi
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by engrelvis(m): 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
humilitypays:

Think it well
sorry what I meant was d person shud nt b less dan 30yrs
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Melonny(m): 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
Safiaaa, i really enjoyed reading this post. However, i may sligtly disagree with your opinion. Although, i won't discredit your opinion but i would like to say, Men (I) don't feel more manly because they are dating a girl with no targets, aim, and developmental goals. We rather feel disappointed and know all the girl can offer is sex. Giving her money is out of pity.
My line Managers are Women and i love this as i am lucky to work under Women that have managed to do well professionally. I don't get jealous. They motivate me. I am very happy to say 'Yes, Ma'am'.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by humilitypays(m): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
olaboy1:
But OP majority of the financially independent Nigerian women are not only full of pride but are also condescending.
I guess you would agree with me that the dialogue below is a common thing in Nigeria

“Tolani can you just imagine this low life guy who came to church on an Okada trying to ask me out on a date”

Nigerian men I believe have heard these kind of dialogues growing up far too many times, and therefore do their dating and mating selections in a way they are not caught up in this loop of egoistic women.

I worked under female senior managers and many of them acted very disrespectful to office assistants using all sorts of fake foreign accents to ridicule them. It’s hard to find financially independent male senior managers doing same thing to office assistants. The "terribleness" of the female SM was due to "attitude" as a result of power/wealth/position, and we had more cases of female SM’s slapping drivers. If you doubt me try and join the Uber thread and most negative riders feedbacks come from the so called “financially independent women”.

Also women generally have what I refer to as “follow the flock” mentality when dating, they do what their friends do, more like a social construct they must follow, they have been societally conditioned to date up and anything short of that is a no no...(reason why when a woman says she is going to use the toilet others follow). There are loads of fakers, who simply copy a behaviour, but have no unique persona.

Nigerian men don’t have big ego at such, given the opportunity I bet an Okada guy would gladly go on a date with a bank cashier.
So before you ask us to fix our huge ego and low self esteem, maybe you should ask Nigerian women not to treat their not so well off partners with utter disdain, because if I understand you correctly you seem to be saying financially independent Nigerian women are single because of the ego and low self esteem of Nigerian men and their big need to use money as a form of control in a relationship.

OP on a serious note, how financially independent are you on a scale of 1-10.
I said this too, and this sums up the reason why majority of Nigerian men tend to avoid so-called financially independent Nigerian women.

Well said

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

African Woman Thanks Ex-husband Who Took Her Abroad Where She Found Her Soulmate / Man Depressed After Being Dumped By A Lady He Sponsored Through School (video) / Man To Marry Elder Sister Of His Girlfriend Of 5 Years Who Turned Down Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.