Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. (2284 Views)

At 22, I Find Myself More Attractive To Older Ladies / A Beautiful Sex Worker Highlights Her Achievements At 22 (Photos) / Blogger Ebiwali: 'I Am 22, I Dont Sex For Money, I Dont Do Sugar Daddy' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by hardewaih(m): 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2017
I'm currently in 200level in a Nigerian university and I will soon be 22 years old but with my age I don't have the confidence to speak to New people especially women I've never had a girlfriend before, whenever I try to speak to a lady I admire, my voice volume reduces from 90% to minus sixty percent, my legs start to wobble and my hands turns sweaty and shaking. I've tried reading a lot of books on self confidence but all this ain't working. Pls anybody who has experienced this in the past and was able to overcome it, pls kindly tell me what I can do about it. embarassed
*pls ignore any mistake in my write-up and help a soul
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by SirMichael1: 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2017
grin

Are you ugly? No really, are you ugly 'cause if you feel ugly, then you gotta fix that first.

Age 22, still in 200L and has no girlfriend. Honestly dude, you really need to pay more attention to your studies cause you gat no time on your side.

To gain more confidence, you could start by asking about 5 ladies a day for the time. While you do this, keep your phone and wrist watch away, you don't wanna look stupid. Then ask 10, then 15, then 30 till you feel your pores oozing with confidence.

Your brain needs only 2 seconds of thought to fully discourage you from approaching a Lady. Don't think! Go!

As I scripted, you don't need a girlfriend. Get a fūçk buddy. I tell you what, once you've gotten laid, your fears of speaking to ladies would vanish! After all, only pussy physically distinct a guy from a lady

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by ERORR404(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2017
I thought there's already a thread about this undecided
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by ekensi01: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
Change your friends and start a new plan of life.

That's what helped me, I can't tell you in full now

1 Like

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2017
Make some money, girls will come to you.
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by sammysammy111(m): 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
My brother, just hussul hard, make ur money, na girls go de rush u. DAT was d advice my mum gave me, I tried it and it worked for me
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by MrHistorian: 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
Do you panic when talking to your fellow guys?. . .NO.

What you need is how to overvome anxiety.
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by SIaye: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2017
Purebeerry:

How much for hook up?

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
SIaye:

How much for hook up?
Your father, your real popsy...
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Jointhemiltons2(m): 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
Same situation buh mine isn’t self confidence tho na just fear of being let down
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Leverageisback(m): 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
You can always turn gay

1 Like

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by julius976(m): 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
Lemme ask you? Are you on hard drug? If not.
That means you have low esteem for your self and you are shy.
And pls get yoursef together, if not, we juss gonna dash you a girl as wifey
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Macgreat(m): 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2017
hardewaih:
I'm currently in 200level in a Nigerian university and I will soon be 22 years old but with my age I don't have the confidence to speak to New people especially women I've never had a girlfriend before, whenever I try to speak to a lady I admire, my voice volume reduces from 90% to minus sixty percent, my legs start to wobble and my hands turns sweaty and shaking. I've tried reading a lot of books on self confidence but all this ain't working. Pls anybody who has experienced this in the past and was able to overcome it, pls kindly tell me what I can do about it. embarassed

You don't lake confidence, you lake motive.

What do you want the girl for? Sex or real relationship?

Be a carefree m0therfucker! and see how confidence you are!

Go get that girl. You care too much - stop the care.

You are perfect, no woman is as good as you.

You are an original, she is a copy.

NB : I love a respect women. grin
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Macgreat(m): 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
Purebeerry:

You are so quick to take offence. Na simple question him ask.?. That's confidence grin
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by SIaye: 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
hardewaih:

Guy, just walk to a lady and say "hello dear" she will reply with a greeting, from there just say "I'm sorry to bother you but I just couldn't help it, i have been admiring from over where I was sitting down or standing (anyone you they do when you see) you seem like a very calm person with a good heart, (she go giggle abi chuckle then you go on) and someone that's a great listener by just looking at you, I would really like us to be friends because you are just the kind of person I want a friend.

she will say Okay or Hmmm, then you tell her your name then ask her name, after she tell you he name, ask her "can we have a drink or can we have launch together tomorrow, so we can talk some more?" she will say Okay or I don't know, either reply you then ask her "Okay let me get your number go I can call you up"

SHe give you the digit.

There is nothing there my guy, na very simple stuff yet effective I write for you. Use on better girls not area girls or slay queen.

Just be yourself act natural, even if you stammer when talking to her just say "sorry, I am someone who is very shy and introvert, please don't mind my nature" (you have guilt tripped her if she was perceiving you as beta) she will be like "no its okay" with a smile on her face then continue what you were saying.

Girl get shit for yance, nor they fear when you see them o. Na people like you be e warrior for Nl so undecided

You can buy 2 or 3 mini pack Chelsea or calypso to get you high. Once you high, you can talk to any girl. Anyway any time! You nor send again. Highness sha ehn. Mehn na one kind thing, shi they give person 100% mind. grin

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by SIaye: 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
Purebeerry:

And someone is somewhere fucking your pussy for free, you nor even happy self say I wan drop like 25k for your expired honey pot, you decided to insult my popsy when go fit buy you plus your sisters join for three some. Smh

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by banre(m): 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2017
SIaye:

Guy, just walk to a lady and say "hello dear" she will reply with a greeting, from there just say "I'm sorry to bother you but I just couldn't help it, i have been admiring from over where I was sitting down or standing (anyone you they do when you see) you seem like a very calm person with a good heart, (she go giggle abi chuckle then you go on) and someone that's a great listener by just looking at you, I would really like us to be friends because you are just the kind of person I want a friend.

she will say Okay or Hmmm, then you tell her your name then ask her name, after she tell you he name, ask her "can we have a drink or can we have launch together tomorrow, so we can talk some more?" she will say Okay or I don't know, either reply you then ask her "Okay let me get your number go I can call you up"

SHe give you the digit.

There is nothing there my guy, na very simple stuff yet effective I write for you. Use on better girls not area girls or slay queen.

Just be yourself act natural, even if you stammer when talking to her just say "sorry, I am someone who is very shy and introvert, please don't mind my nature" (you have guilt tripped her if she was perceiving you as beta) she will be like "no its okay" with a smile on her face then continue what you were saying.

Girl get shit for yance, nor they fear when you see them o. Na people like you be e warrior for Nl so undecided

You can buy 2 or 3 mini pack Chelsea or calypso to get you high. Once you high, you can talk to any girl. Anyway any time! You nor send again. Highness sha ehn. Mehn na one kind thing, shi they give person 100% mind. grin

baba 4 the girls...grin
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Macgreat(m): 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
SIaye:

"I'm sorry to bother you

Don't ever say this. . . this is energy drink for her Ego!

You have the right to talk to any body no matter their gender.

It is better to say , may I have a few minute of your time.

It is not a do or die affair, if she didn't give you chance move on. Have self respect!

Now, buy a nice mirror and practice smiling and laughing. Girls don't like guys that are too serious.

Don't be too serious - it is a turn off for girls.

You can say funny rubbish and still get a girl no matter her level of intelligence and education.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Headlesschicken(m): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2017
It seems like all d 22year old nairaland boys v emotional problem,cos dix should b like d third thread v seen in d same week bout dix same issue,go n call Yuh oda brothers lemme pray for all of u...

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by SIaye: 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2017
banre:

baba 4 the girls...grin

Yes o grin but I only talk to "ladies" not girls, because they get mature mind, I nor get Tim for small pikin, in davidos voice "young girls, save your drama, I don't need it for the soap opera" grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by SIaye: 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2017
Macgreat:

Don't ever say this. . . this is energy drink for her Ego!

You have the right to talk to any body no matter their gender.

It is better to say , may I have a few minute of your time.

It is not a do or die affair, if she didn't give you chance move on. Have self respect!

Now, buy a nice mirror and practice smiling and laughing. Girls don't like guys that are too serious.

Don't be too serious - it is a turn off for girls.

You can say funny rubbish and still get a girl no matter her level of intelligence and education.

Bros, hope you know say this guy just enter the game. Na the easiest way to take get the girl attention to get her number I give am so.
E nor be like me when go walk up to girl and use witty lines, flatter her and even make her ask for my numb, so since op just need girl to they with make he use those lines. Some responsible girls go pick am up.
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by hardewaih(m): 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
SirMichael1:
grin

Are you ugly? No really, are you ugly 'cause if you feel ugly, then you gotta fix that first.

Age 22, still in 200L and has no girlfriend. Honestly dude, you really need to pay more attention to your studies cause you gat no time on your side.

To gain more confidence, you could start by asking about 5 ladies a day for the time. While you do this, keep your phone and wrist watch away, you don't wanna look stupid. Then ask 10, then 15, then 30 till you feel your pores oozing with confidence.

Your brain needs only 2 seconds of thought to fully discourage you from approaching a Lady. Don't think! Go!

As I scripted, you don't need a girlfriend. Get a fūçk buddy. I tell you what, once you've gotten laid, you fears of speaking to ladies would vanish! After all, only pussy physically distinct a guy from a lady
thanks bro
I will put this into practice
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by hardewaih(m): 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
SIaye:

SHe give you the digit.

thanks bro
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Oyindidi(f): 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
What's the problem op?
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Oyindidi(f): 9:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
anuofia na person moniker. Na wa o
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by kingxsamz(m): 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2017
anxiety bro...
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by iamVirus(m): 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2017
I'm just 18 and I used to be scared then.

But now, I walk up to you heaven will not fall.

But it has just been on few occasions and about 65% has been successful and we're good.

But truth be: I don't have a girlfriend, just real close females.

Anything can happen tho...
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by anuofia(m): 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
anuofia na person moniker. Nawa o
and so what!
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Oyindidi(f): 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
anuofia:
and so what!
Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Eveezy(m): 12:20am On Dec 28, 2017
Purebeerry:
So until he makes that much money, he can't get girls? I was a shy guy, like extremely shy, but I can boldly say dt I could use bathroom slippers ND boxers to approach a lady in a range Rover. He just needs to accept d fact dt d highest a girl will tell him is a no, ND also dt d fact dt one girl said no, d oda wouldn't say yes

1 Like

Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by SIaye: 12:28am On Dec 28, 2017
hardewaih:

thanks bro

No p
Re: Pls Help At 22! I Don't Have Self Confidence And I Can't Even Ask A Girl Out. by Eveezy(m): 12:40am On Dec 28, 2017
The step to gain confidence according to me re:
1) accept dt u re unique in ur own special way
2) accept dt u ve allot to offer
3) accept dt any girl will be lucky to ve u
4) accept dt not every gal u talk to will be receptive
5) accept rejection as part of d learning process
6) accept dt a girl reaction to ur approach doesn't define who u re
7) accept that d fact one says no, doesn't mean d next would still say no
cool do not give up after one bad one
9) the first girl to approach doesn't always go well, online on few occasions but don't stop
10) package well, dress in way dt u wouldn't be ignored (dis limits ur chances of being turned dwn)
11) try not to use "excuse me sister" during ur first approach, most girls find it annoying
12) do not use ur hand to tap an unknown girl in attempt to get her attention, rather try to get her attention by making her see u
13) ur first few statements determines how d convo will go depending on d gal, some hills re friendly ND if dey notice dt u re shy, dey will try to keep d conversation going by chit chatting. But majority of our gals lack communication skills, so ur intro will matter(u could look at ur surrounding or d gal herself ND pick something u know could make a conversation last) for example if u see a girl dt wears mkup, whether it's good or not say approach with things like "I love ur brows, did u do dt urself or got a mkup artist to do it?" a girl who is into makeup, will enjoy dis conversation, ND her mind won't be dt u wanto woo her ND u will see her start explaining, sometimes form like u even ve Lil knowledge of mkup.

Me personally, b4 I approach any gal, I watch her first ND try to depict wat could draw her attention, just try it first

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fix / 31-year-old Nigerian Man Reportedly Marries 79-year-old Oyinbo Lover / Teacher Sacked For Impregnating SS3 Student In Ekiti(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.