Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft (33165 Views)

RCCG Online Dating App Condemned By Leke Adeboye (Pastor Adeboye's Son) / How Winners Chapel Became A Mega - Wealthy Church By Leke Beecroft / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
CecyAdrian:

Why have not I? I am not the one that is calling myself a preacher (man of God) and seeking reverence upandan. Oyedepo in Sudan? What part of Sudan did he visit. Keep worship and defending your fellow man with just one head as you whom you know nothing about what he does in his closet. Keep it Up.
then why are you talking since you don't preach because you can't understand what it entails. He was in Sudan, Google is your help. You see you are just ignorant. Is it you that knows what he does in his closet. Mind you business oga, face your ministry!
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
TheUbermensch:

They can always fly with any other airline, or share a plane with normal people for Chrissakes.

There is no justification as to why a pastor should own a jet apart from personal needs.
have you flown a Nigeri airline before? How often? What's your experience like?
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by Maximus85(m): 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
Statsocial:
By Leke Beecroft

THIS ARTICLE HOW NECESSARY AND COST EFFECTIVE IS OWNERSHIP OF JETS BY MEGA CHURCHES?

#1. The Efficiency Factor:

First of all, how efficient are the commercial services of the Nigerian aviation system? This answer is an obvious NO and has been so through the years. Is there anyone reading this in Nigeria, who is a regular air traveller and whose flight has never been delayed or who has never experienced some form of disappointment? In 2011, Oyedepo visited 27 countries for missionary purposes. In a particular week, I monitored his movement from sunday evening when he left Lagos for Kenya till friday evening when he arrived back in Lagos, Nigeria for a night ministration. He was in Zambia, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania and Botswana (if my memory serves me right) in a spate of five days and was back to minister at the night session in Nigeria. This would have been absolutely impossible using commercial aviation means in Africa. No wonder Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo pointed out that as close as Liberia or Togo and other West African countries were to Nigeria, it was easier to get a commercial flight to London than to our neighbours here in Africa.

#2. The Ignorance, busy-body and Poverty Mentality Factor:

Secondly, when missionary establishments of the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s flew in white missionaries on jets or helicopters, they were welcomed by the Nigerian locals and it was an acceptable sight. Why? They were whites. One of the greatest issues with missionary owned jets in Africa is the poverty mentality. Today, several billionaires in Nigeria are celebrated because they own jets. Young musicians and artistes are also celebrated for wearing large "bling blings" and "Chopping their money" on private jets...but when indigenously established missionary organizations, whose only mission is to save your soul are discovered to own these same aircraft to facilitate easy air trips, every busybody wants to have a say and criticize, sometimes very insultive....including those who have either never stepped foot in a church, never dropped a dime in offerings to God or have never even embraced the commandments of the Bible.

As much as criticism of missionary owned jets may be "religiously and politically" correct, I make bold to say they are scripturally incorrect. We are called covenant children of Abraham; what does the Bible say about Father Abraham? Genesis 13:2 "And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold." Genesis 24:1 "And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the Lord had blessed Abraham in all things." I am also very glad that after the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, it took a wealthy man to come get his body and put him in a befitting tomb. Also before his death when Judas was grumbling about the Alabaster Box that should have been given to the poor, the Bible had this to say "Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he CARED for the poor; but because he was a THIEF, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein." John 12;4-6.

If the argument is really about giving to the poor, why not also ask all the oil moguls in the country, all businessmen, musicians and all other owners to sell their jets and give to the poor? Obviously the emphasis isn't about the poor but anger and envy that wealth seems to be moving to the church...unfortunately, it hasn't even started. The Bible is the constitution of the christian. if what is in the Bible hurts your feelings, I render no apologies....let God be true and every man be a liar. Romans 3:4.

#3. Travel Frequency, Time, Administrative and Global Reach Factor:

For record purposes, as at the last time I checked and I believe I am current, the christian organizations who presently own aircraft in Nigeria are the Redeemed Christian Church of God which has branches in over 190 countries, the Living Faith Church Worldwide with branches in over 60 countries and 'Shiloh' online presence in over 170 countries, Christ Embassy with 'Rhapsody' presence in over 180 countries and branches in at least 4 continents as well as the immediate past CAN President, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor led Word of Life Bible Church. Pastor Ayo began to broadcast to the world before any of the afore mentioned pastors, back in 1987.

I ask another question; is it true that the leaders of some of these organizations travel regularly around the world? Do you have any idea what the itinerary of the Adeboyes, Oyedepos, Oritsejafors and Oyakhilomes entail?

Again it was Pastor Adeboye that said “there are things you need. When you have to oversee churches in 160 countries, you can’t do that on a bicycle,” Bishop Mike Okonkwo in an interview seemed to be in disagreement with some pastors listed here, the press excitedly tried to instigate him the more by asking about the ownership of jets. He explained to them however how he had once travelled to the Central African Republic for a programme but had to wait idly for almost a week for a return flight to Nigeria through Cameroon...... Any serious man or organization has respect for their time. The Church is one of such. Pastor Sam Adeyemi said once that all you need to grow old on time is to be a regular commercial flier on long trips.

#4. The Maintenance Cost Factor:

"If you are rich and desire to become poor quickly, own an aircraft." Pastor Enoch A Adeboye.

[b]Very many people do not understand what it takes to maintain an aircraft, especially in a country like Nigeria where aviation is controlled almost purely at the Federal level. How many people remember the issues with payment of parking fees for the Nigerian Presidential jet in 2009/10 when President Yar' Adua was flown to Saudi Arabia? Large sums of money (probably in millions of dollars) were paid for the aircraft which sat idly at the Riyadh King Khalid International Airport. One organization which used to charter aircraft frequently for movement to her crusade venues around the globe once paid about #75,000,000 (Seventy Five Million naira) annually for parking her aircraft at Bristow helicopters in Lagos.

Those who usually tout the example of the Pope who charters and flies Alitalia do not even realise that his accumulated flight expenses along with his entourage in just 30 flights will buy a nice jet. Let me break it down. Is it better to buy a car or charter a cab so expensive that you would have spent the cost of that car in just 30 drops?[/b]

My question again is, is it better to park your aircraft idly at the airport and pay these heavy parking sums to the government from church offerings not forgetting servicing, repairs and maintenance costs or lease them to aviation companies which in turn return profit at no cost to the church? Rev Gabriel Oduyemi bought a jet for church use. I do not need to tell the story of what happened to that aircraft but remember that it was the same aircraft that Omotola Jolade Ekeinde's pilot husband bought as 'scrap". Lest I forget, the average Captain in the aviation industry earns $10,000 (N3,600,000 or N3.6m) monthly. For two captains, that will be $20,000 (N7.2m) monthly or $240,000 (N86.2m) annually, not forgetting travel and landing allowances, hotel bills for the pilots etc. Young pilots need to accumulate hours and hours of flight so they opt for commercial planes instead of private jets who do not fly that regularly. This means that owning a private jet leaves you with almost no option than to hire experienced or veteran captains. This of course means you pay well for it. Luke 16:8 "And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation WISER THAN THE CHILDREN OF LIGHT".

Fortunately, the children of light are wiser now. They lease out their jets when not in use and avoid incurring unnecesary and exorbitant costs while the aircraft remains active even when not in use. Winners’ Chapel stretched this point. Among the first generation of missionary aircraft owners, she started leasing out her aircraft to EMS Speedpost once she realised what the costs of maintenance entailed and with due notice, she would use same jet for her missionary trips eventually an oil company also leased the jet and had to pay compensation after an accident. The church decided to buy another aircraft and this time built a hangar at the airport in Lagos. The hangar has space for 6 jets at a time. Now she does not rely on "church income" to maintain the hangar but runs it as a separate concern, funding itself. This is the line Church jet owners should be towing. I will quickly add at this point that for large organizations, it is cheaper to own aircraft than to keep paying for commercial air tickets or for charter services. If leasing a missionary aircraft will save costs and preserve the life of that aircraft for longer use, then that is simply the way to go

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1244611439016058&id=444807728996437

I don't know much you were paid for this trash. You're nothing but a brainwashed Arrow.
Dyu know why Apostle Paul wrote more books in the Bible? Cos those books are mostly letters to people in different lands. He appointed capable hands to oversee the affairs in different places. You Papas travel unnecessarily. They want to be worshipped. They always want to be in the center of attraction. They enjoy the glam and all the accolades. They are enjoying the attention meant for God and Jesus Christ. This is why they have their pictures in all the church adverts.

Warren Buffet said anyone that says he needs a private jet just to keep appointments is a liar. See the attached picture.

1 Like

Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by jayaim: 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
Some of this pastors ar scammers. Don't they have poor people to help in their churches? Some people without shame will show up in defence of these fruad starts
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by daveP(m): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2017
"having their conscience seared like with a hot iron"

Brainwashing is a veritable venture. When these MOs combined equal Bill Gates charitable work in Tanzania alone, il listen. Do they even do charity, think of it?

The rot in Christianity!
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by yomie040(m): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
i dont blame all of you condeming men of God who's ministries owns private jets, it is poverty mentality that is at work.
Is it bad for someone to have a personal car? so u tell him or her to keep trekking, take bike or better still take public vehicles. wake up
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by bencarson007(m): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
Bro no need to explain all these things to people not ready to understand again.... Even for the Oyedepo school where we dey sef na still bone of contention.... Some dey talk am like say hin dey go cruise for Paris with the private jet or something.... They don forget say some other Pastors for the ministry dey travel in these Jets go missions in countries..... Pesin go talk say church member no fit ride Okada, but if we look am rationally, if they start dey share 10k for church every Sunday, salvation go lose essence as na money people go dey come church Come collect.

whats your point ?
Pastors need to fleece the congregation for salvation to have appeal?

Kai, God in heaven have mercy...
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
bencarson007:

whats your point ?
Pastors need to fleece the congregation for salvation to have appeal?

Kai, God in heaven have mercy...
maa no lie u.... Ur English too big for me.... Even if e no big sef I no get strength.... Happy New Year in advance Bro.
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by DakhnRaul: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
[quote author=onyeali post=63761648][/quote]

You are irredeemable. In the time of Jesus there were boats(he borrowed one to preach from it), there were horses (only the rich had them), there were camels( only the super rich had them), there were donkeys(which is equivalent to modern car) but Jesus had none of these, not even one neither those his disciples.

These mental slaves will always one to find reason to justify this obvious thievery.

Apostle Paul didn't had to travel everywhere he planted Church he wrote letters to them which today is almost the entire new testament of the Bible...there were horse(fastest means of land transportation then) but he didn't own one, he could have ask believers to build him a boat to avoid waiting for boat to load in weeks before traveling.

Abeg, today is 31st, make all these nonsense post end today...I no wan see this kind nonsense in 2018...shey una(mental slaves) hear ba?
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by DakhnRaul: 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
Statsocial:
By Leke Beecroft

THIS ARTICLE HOW NECESSARY AND COST EFFECTIVE IS OWNERSHIP OF JETS BY MEGA CHURCHES?

#1. The Efficiency Factor:

First of all, how efficient are the commercial services of the Nigerian aviation system? This answer is an obvious NO and has been so through the years. Is there anyone reading this in Nigeria, who is a regular air traveller and whose flight has never been delayed or who has never experienced some form of disappointment? In 2011, Oyedepo visited 27 countries for missionary purposes. In a particular week, I monitored his movement from sunday evening when he left Lagos for Kenya till friday evening when he arrived back in Lagos, Nigeria for a night ministration. He was in Zambia, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania and Botswana (if my memory serves me right) in a spate of five days and was back to minister at the night session in Nigeria. This would have been absolutely impossible using commercial aviation means in Africa. No wonder Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo pointed out that as close as Liberia or Togo and other West African countries were to Nigeria, it was easier to get a commercial flight to London than to our neighbours here in Africa.

#2. The Ignorance, busy-body and Poverty Mentality Factor:

Secondly, when missionary establishments of the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s flew in white missionaries on jets or helicopters, they were welcomed by the Nigerian locals and it was an acceptable sight. Why? They were whites. One of the greatest issues with missionary owned jets in Africa is the poverty mentality. Today, several billionaires in Nigeria are celebrated because they own jets. Young musicians and artistes are also celebrated for wearing large "bling blings" and "Chopping their money" on private jets...but when indigenously established missionary organizations, whose only mission is to save your soul are discovered to own these same aircraft to facilitate easy air trips, every busybody wants to have a say and criticize, sometimes very insultive....including those who have either never stepped foot in a church, never dropped a dime in offerings to God or have never even embraced the commandments of the Bible.

As much as criticism of missionary owned jets may be "religiously and politically" correct, I make bold to say they are scripturally incorrect. We are called covenant children of Abraham; what does the Bible say about Father Abraham? Genesis 13:2 "And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold." Genesis 24:1 "And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the Lord had blessed Abraham in all things." I am also very glad that after the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, it took a wealthy man to come get his body and put him in a befitting tomb. Also before his death when Judas was grumbling about the Alabaster Box that should have been given to the poor, the Bible had this to say "Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? This he said, not that he CARED for the poor; but because he was a THIEF, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein." John 12;4-6.

If the argument is really about giving to the poor, why not also ask all the oil moguls in the country, all businessmen, musicians and all other owners to sell their jets and give to the poor? Obviously the emphasis isn't about the poor but anger and envy that wealth seems to be moving to the church...unfortunately, it hasn't even started. The Bible is the constitution of the christian. if what is in the Bible hurts your feelings, I render no apologies....let God be true and every man be a liar. Romans 3:4.

#3. Travel Frequency, Time, Administrative and Global Reach Factor:

For record purposes, as at the last time I checked and I believe I am current, the christian organizations who presently own aircraft in Nigeria are the Redeemed Christian Church of God which has branches in over 190 countries, the Living Faith Church Worldwide with branches in over 60 countries and 'Shiloh' online presence in over 170 countries, Christ Embassy with 'Rhapsody' presence in over 180 countries and branches in at least 4 continents as well as the immediate past CAN President, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor led Word of Life Bible Church. Pastor Ayo began to broadcast to the world before any of the afore mentioned pastors, back in 1987.

I ask another question; is it true that the leaders of some of these organizations travel regularly around the world? Do you have any idea what the itinerary of the Adeboyes, Oyedepos, Oritsejafors and Oyakhilomes entail?

Again it was Pastor Adeboye that said “there are things you need. When you have to oversee churches in 160 countries, you can’t do that on a bicycle,” Bishop Mike Okonkwo in an interview seemed to be in disagreement with some pastors listed here, the press excitedly tried to instigate him the more by asking about the ownership of jets. He explained to them however how he had once travelled to the Central African Republic for a programme but had to wait idly for almost a week for a return flight to Nigeria through Cameroon...... Any serious man or organization has respect for their time. The Church is one of such. Pastor Sam Adeyemi said once that all you need to grow old on time is to be a regular commercial flier on long trips.

#4. The Maintenance Cost Factor:

"If you are rich and desire to become poor quickly, own an aircraft." Pastor Enoch A Adeboye.

[b]Very many people do not understand what it takes to maintain an aircraft, especially in a country like Nigeria where aviation is controlled almost purely at the Federal level. How many people remember the issues with payment of parking fees for the Nigerian Presidential jet in 2009/10 when President Yar' Adua was flown to Saudi Arabia? Large sums of money (probably in millions of dollars) were paid for the aircraft which sat idly at the Riyadh King Khalid International Airport. One organization which used to charter aircraft frequently for movement to her crusade venues around the globe once paid about #75,000,000 (Seventy Five Million naira) annually for parking her aircraft at Bristow helicopters in Lagos.

Those who usually tout the example of the Pope who charters and flies Alitalia do not even realise that his accumulated flight expenses along with his entourage in just 30 flights will buy a nice jet. Let me break it down. Is it better to buy a car or charter a cab so expensive that you would have spent the cost of that car in just 30 drops?[/b]

My question again is, is it better to park your aircraft idly at the airport and pay these heavy parking sums to the government from church offerings not forgetting servicing, repairs and maintenance costs or lease them to aviation companies which in turn return profit at no cost to the church? Rev Gabriel Oduyemi bought a jet for church use. I do not need to tell the story of what happened to that aircraft but remember that it was the same aircraft that Omotola Jolade Ekeinde's pilot husband bought as 'scrap". Lest I forget, the average Captain in the aviation industry earns $10,000 (N3,600,000 or N3.6m) monthly. For two captains, that will be $20,000 (N7.2m) monthly or $240,000 (N86.2m) annually, not forgetting travel and landing allowances, hotel bills for the pilots etc. Young pilots need to accumulate hours and hours of flight so they opt for commercial planes instead of private jets who do not fly that regularly. This means that owning a private jet leaves you with almost no option than to hire experienced or veteran captains. This of course means you pay well for it. Luke 16:8 "And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation WISER THAN THE CHILDREN OF LIGHT".

Fortunately, the children of light are wiser now. They lease out their jets when not in use and avoid incurring unnecesary and exorbitant costs while the aircraft remains active even when not in use. Winners’ Chapel stretched this point. Among the first generation of missionary aircraft owners, she started leasing out her aircraft to EMS Speedpost once she realised what the costs of maintenance entailed and with due notice, she would use same jet for her missionary trips eventually an oil company also leased the jet and had to pay compensation after an accident. The church decided to buy another aircraft and this time built a hangar at the airport in Lagos. The hangar has space for 6 jets at a time. Now she does not rely on "church income" to maintain the hangar but runs it as a separate concern, funding itself. This is the line Church jet owners should be towing. I will quickly add at this point that for large organizations, it is cheaper to own aircraft than to keep paying for commercial air tickets or for charter services. If leasing a missionary aircraft will save costs and preserve the life of that aircraft for longer use, then that is simply the way to go

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1244611439016058&id=444807728996437

OP you are a bloody lair...you said "He was in Zambia, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania and Botswana (if my memory serves me right) in a spate of five days and was back to minister at the night session in Nigeria." Bro, Oyedepo rarely travel out of this country except when he is to dedicate or commission a new mega tabernacle how much more traveling to 5 different countries in a week. Did he go there to sneeze? This your lies didn't add up at all. Infact the last time he visited Tanzania was years ago.

These mental slaves can go extra mile to showcase their slavery.
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by Vivere: 9:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
DakhnRaul:
OP you are a bloody lair...you said "He was in Zambia, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania and Botswana (if my memory serves me right) in a spate of five days and was back to minister at the night session in Nigeria." Bro, Oyedepo rarely travel out of this country except when he is to dedicate or commission a new mega tabernacle how much more traveling to 5 different countries in a week. Did he go there to sneeze? This your lies didn't add up at all. Infact the last time he visited Tanzania was years ago.

These mental slaves can go extra mile to showcase their slavery.

Do you know Oyedepo's itinerary or are you his private secretary? He was in Botswana in October/November, to hold crusades as well as some other African nations. Go and check, please!!
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by Vivere: 9:26pm On Dec 31, 2017
Anytime I go through this thread, I always laugh. cheesy To all the anti-tithe crusaders, is it your own money that is being used to pay those tithes? To all those arguing against the private plane ownership by pastors of churches, did any of you contribute money towards the purchase of such planes? To those saying the church should take care of the poor, are you aware of the tons of programmes that different churches have put in place for the poor in their midst, and within their communities?

Ask all those arguing about how the Church should take care of the poor, whether they themselves have ever done anything tangible or sustainable to help the poor in their family or within their communities, on a regular basis? For those who have helped the poor, just how much exactly on a monthly or yearly basis, have they given to the poor?

Some throw 20 naira or 50 naira notes out of their vehicles to beggars on the streets, and feel they have helped the poor, only to go online to pontificate about how the church is doing nothing to help the poor, in a bid to stroke their ego. Yet, I have witnessed churches offering valuable scholarships to poor, needy students to enable them attend school, and even gathering money to pay off medical bills for indigent members. undecided

I am not asking anyone to agree or disagree with me. sad Everyone is free to hold his own views, but please leave those who want to continue paying their tithes to the church to do so. It is their money, not yours.' And also, no one should query those who do not want to pay tithes. It is their own life, not yours.'

For those who do NOT want to contribute to the acquisition of private jets by the church, there is no problem. But they have no business shouting down or condemning those who wish to do so. Did they ask you for a loan, before making their contributions to the church purse? And those who want to contribute to the purchase and maintenance of such private jets, let them do so freely. It is between you and your God and it also depends on your conviction. sad

Now, I have said my piece. No name calling please! Hate filled rhetoric from mud slingers and depraved minds would not be dignified with a response! undecided
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
[quote author=Saintmary post=63766469][/quote]

Meaning u don't believe in any leadership in Christianity.
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by bencarson007(m): 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
maa no lie u.... Ur English too big for me.... Even if e no big sef I no get strength.... Happy New Year in advance Bro.

no vex bros...
happy new year baba
how far na

shey you see our president dey appoint dead pipu up and down....
lol
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by SoldierBoy1(m): 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
bencarson007:

no vex bros...
happy new year baba
how far na

shey you see our president dey appoint dead pipu up and down....
lol
I tire ooo... Again Happy New Year in advance jare... 2018 go lit by God's grace.
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by 2buffagain(m): 2:14am On Jan 01, 2018
I asked Google a question: "chartered plane cost?"

This is what google said:

How much does it cost to charter a jet? Hourly charter rates vary from about $1,200 to $8,500 per flight hour, depending on the type of aircraft you require.

Take close inspection to the term "per flight hour".
In Naija, I expect this rate to be about $3500 - $4500 per flight hour.

So 50 hours of flying in a month (for the busy apostle) => $175k - $225k per month => 2.1M - 2.7M per year.

Sounds expensive.

Let's look at owning an aircraft....

google: "Cost of ownership airplane"

Cheapest 2nd hand plane I could find was https://www.avbuyer.com/aircraft/private-jets/bombardier-learjet/55/290593 for like 500k.
Somehow, I think this one might be too old for our nigerian daddy GOs (built 1982) and it might even have problems. They might insist on something more modern like https://www.avbuyer.com/aircraft/private-jets/cessna-citation/cj4/351190 for over 7.2mil. Notice the difference between the cockpits. The less manual things to do when flying a plane the better for safety.

If daddy GO requires an even flashier donkey than that, a brand new private jet can set you back AT LEAST 24mil.

Anyway that aside, besides the cost of the actual plane, "it can cost between $700,000 to $4 million per year to run your own aircraft". So let's just say $2million a year for maintenance.

------

Now that the numbers have been found...It's hard to really still say which is better as it depends on the scenarios and realities of that ministry's needs.

In conclusion: There is sense in owning a plane...IF YOU INSIST ON TRAVELING AROUND SO MUCH AND DON'T WANT TO MINGLE WITH THE MASSES. More saving avenues if pastors were also trained pilots. It's a skill that can be learned and you would be even more useful to the kingdom of God.

At the end of the day, it pains me that a man as wealthy as Warren Buffet is the one teaching us about curbing excesses and not our very own kingdom workers.
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by sudonym(m): 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
kingayy:

I am not a living faith member, but the fact remains that if Jets were made during Jesus' time, He would use it. Not for ostentation, but to spread the gospel. More so, are you aware that donkey in those days were not owned by a common man? Yet, Jesus rode on it! I pray the eyes of your understanding are opened & stop making baseless points! #Justpassing...............
He did not buy it, he borrowed it. And it was not used to spread the gospel.
That was the only record of Jesus using any other means of transportation on land.
He walked every where, even on water.
Jesus would not have taken tithes and offerings and used it to buy a donkey or a horse. In fact he fed the multitude, not off them.
Read Luke 18:18-24.
Re: How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft by TheUbermensch: 2:10am On Jan 02, 2018
kingayy:

I am not a living faith member, but the fact remains that if Jets were made during Jesus' time, He would use it. Not for ostentation, but to spread the gospel. More so, are you aware that donkey in those days were not owned by a common man? Yet, Jesus rode on it! I pray the eyes of your understanding are opened & stop making baseless points! #Justpassing...............

Chariots, carts, and horses were in the days of Jesus. He possessed none. Even ships and boats non he owned.

So I don't know what you're saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Thaddeus Matthews Advertises Joystick Erection Pills / Who Will You Have Lunch With? / Throwback And Recent Photos Of Sharon And Charlene Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.