Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Indefinite Self-suspension Of Association Of Nigerian Authors Membership - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Indefinite Self-suspension Of Association Of Nigerian Authors Membership (729 Views)

What Are The Chanllenges Facing Nigerian Authors / Up Coming Authors And The Sol / How Does One Become A Member Of The Association Of Nigerian Authors? / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indefinite Self-suspension Of Association Of Nigerian Authors Membership by PIPROM(m): 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2010
The President
Association of Nigerian Authors(ANA)
National Theatre Complex
Iganmu, Lagos State.

Through
The Chairman
Association of Nigerian Authors(ANA)
Rivers State Branch
Port Harcourt
Rivers state.

31st March, 2010

Dear Sir,

Indefinite Self-Suspension of ANA Membership:

I write to inform you that I have indefinitely suspended my membership of the Association with effect from 2nd April, 2010.

You will recall that for a year now, I have been pointing out serious anomalies in the administration of the Association, for which no attempts have so far been made to correct, even though there were promises to that effect.

When I compare present day ANA and the one that confronted the Babangida administration in 1986 over the matter of late Poet Mamman Vatsa for instance, I am left with no other option than to take the above action pending when the Association would be steered back to the original aims and objectives as enshrined in its constitution.

I will make this letter public for the sake of posterity.

Thank you.

Chidi Anthony Opara

(From Facebook Notes)

(1) (Reply)

Project Writing Now Very Easy! / A Funny Morning... / Who Is A LADY?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.