Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? (2811 Views)

Drama As Hot-tempered Husband Burns Wife’s Credentials During A Fight / Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! / How Do You Cope With Gossip Housewives As Neigbhours Being A Bachelor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by lilmax(m): 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
You don't put an end to temperaments 'cause it's ingrained in you, you only manage it once you've realized where you fall. Try to make your comments void of insults.
exactly that's why I suggest domestic violence, to make sure you head is still working

do you manage bad behavior or you stop it?

my comment about you being a dumbass still stands, I'm not taking that back
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Splinz(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
I've never heard of that. It's like saying once an introvert, now a complete extrovert. If an introvert decides to work his/her introversion and successfully transcends to an extrovert, there are usually signs of introversion in him/her.

Again, whatever had been uprooted has the possibility of springing up again. This happens if that which was uprooted is placed back on a fertile soil and then watered. Where these two is lacking, it dies or at least, it stunts.

Kim, getting angry is natural but being quick to anger is a habit, and habits (especially bad ones) can be stopped or managed to reflect normalcy.

That's the message.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Evangkatsoulis: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
I'm short tempered 'cause I'm a choleric, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. All it takes is an understanding partner.

Circular definition.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:

You should work on it. Those predisposed to aggression act on anger rather than aggression but it might be only a matter of time before they turned violent.

Don't expect anyone to cope with your short temper. It is your problem to manage. There are a lot of anger management tips on the net.

Lastly, supposing your spouse understands you, what about your kids. Would you expect them to understand you or would you go the extra mile to work on the
issue?
Every human gets angry and it depends on the situation on ground. That I said I'm short tempered doesn't mean I don't know how to manage my anger. I've been in situations where my anger was tested that would've resulted in a physical fight but that's the last thing I'd do so I simply walk away 'cause that's the only way inorder not to be caught up in a fight.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2017
lilmax:
exactly that's why I suggest domestic violence, to make sure you head is still working

do you manage bad behavior or you stop it?

my comment about you being a dumbass still stands, I'm not taking that back
You stink of stupidity. Get lost!.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2017
Splinz:

Again, whatever had been uprooted has the possibility of springing up again. This happens if that which was uprooted is placed back on a fertile soil and then watered. Where these two is lacking, it dies or at least, it stunts.

Kim, getting angry is natural but being quick to anger is a habit, and habits (especially bad ones) can be stopped or managed to reflect normalcy.

That's the message.
It not a habit 'cause habits are developed/formed but who I'm. Anyway, I've mine under control.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by lilmax(m): 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
You stink of stupidity. Get lost!.

it's not you I pity,it's your dumb square spouse taking your crap because you expect him to understand your bad behavior instead of stopping it

again if only you were stopped by your parents you wouldn't have taken pride in bad behavior

dumbass

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by LordOfNaira: 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
Every human gets angry and it depends on the situation on ground. That I said I'm short tempered doesn't mean I don't know how to manage my anger. I've been in situations where my anger was tested that would've resulted in a physical fight but that's the last thing I'd do so I simply walk away 'cause that's the only way inorder not to be caught up in a fight.

Well, that is good if you can manage your temper.

Initially you sounded like your short temper was something to be proud of and anyone coming into your life needs to understand it to be an indelible part of you.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Well, that is good if you can manage your temper.

Initially you sounded like your short temper was something to be proud of and anyone coming into your life needs to understand it to be an indelible part of you.
Of course, my partner has to understand my kind of person, and I can't be ashamed of the fact that I'm short tempered 'cause it's my temperament which is natural.

I have walked into a room where I caught my ex pants down with another lady and I was calm even though I was boiling inside. This happened in three occasions in a month. If that isn't anger management then I wonder what is?. grin I'm just not a violent person by nature, some people ignorantly assumes all short tempered persons are dangerous.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Splinz(m): 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
It not a habit 'cause habits are developed/formed but who I'm. Anyway, I've mine under control.
Here, take a look:

'Human beings naturally gets angry' and 'Human beings are naturally short tempered'.

Which of the two do you think is the most correct or truest?
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by LordOfNaira: 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
Of course, my partner has to understand my kind of person, and I can't be ashamed of the fact that I'm short tempered 'cause it's my temperament which is natural.

I have walked into a room where I caught my ex pants down with another lady and I was calm even though I was boiling inside. This happened in three occasions in a month. If that isn't anger management then I wonder what is?. grin I'm just not a violent person by nature, some people ignorantly assumes all short tempered persons are dangerous.

First of all, how did you come to the conclusion about your temperament type? You took some psychometric tests or your conclusion is based on commonsense?

The reason why I asked is because temperaments are not as straightforward. And moreover, temperaments are traits. And although they are natural traits, their development is contingent upon motivation.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:

First of all, how did you come to the conclusion about your temperament type? You took some psychometric tests or you conclusion is based on commonsense?

The reason why I asked is because temperaments are not as straightforward. And moreover, temperaments are traits. And although they are natural traits, their development is contingent upon motivation.

Personal evaluation.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 30, 2017
Splinz:

Here, take a look:

'Human beings naturally gets angry' and 'Human beings are naturally short tempered'.

Which of the two do you think is the most correct or truest?
Human beings naturally get angry. Why did you ask?.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by LordOfNaira: 9:04pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
Personal evaluation.

Well, that is not enough. grin

Your short temper may not even have anything to do with nature.

There are short tempered people whose short tempers are a cover for their insecurities or an expulsion of accumulated grievances. Let me give you an instance. A girl who has come off badly from three failed relationships may suffer a depletion of tolerance for frustration. A child who has suffered silently in the hands of bullies may grow up with an explosive temper.

You can take a test in the future. That is if you want, though. I am not forcing you. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Well, that is not enough. grin

Your short temper may not even have anything to do with nature.

There are short tempered people whose short tempers are a cover for their insecurities or an expulsion of accumulated grievances. Let me give you an instance. A girl who has come off badly from three failed relationships may suffer a depletion of tolerance for frustration. A child who has suffered silently in the hands of bullies may grow up with an explosive temper.

You can take a test in the future. That is if you want, though. I am not forcing you. grin
I know me better than you could imagine. It's none of the aforementioned. grin
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Splinz(m): 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
Human beings naturally get angry. Why did you ask?.
Cool.

I called being quick to anger a 'habit' and not nature for obvious reasons: I do get angry as is natural and true of all beings; but I am not short tempered because it is not in my nature.

However, there's a way I can somehow adopt this alien trait, and that is through habit. Yes, I can form the habit.

That is why I said that it's a habit.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
Splinz:

Cool.

I called being quick to anger a 'habit' and not nature for obvious reasons: I do get angry as is natural and true of all beings; but I am not short tempered because it is not in my nature.

However, there's a way I can somehow adopt this alien trait, and that is through habit. Yes, I can form the habit.

That is why I said that it's a habit.
So you think anyone enjoys being angry since it's a habit?. grin Whether it's short tempered or not; it's a trait in all humans. All you need is for someone to trigger you.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by LordOfNaira: 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
I know me better than you could imagine. It's none of the aforementioned. grin

OK o. cheesy I have had people come to my office and tell me "Doc, you don't know me as much as I know myself." It turned out that I knew many of them more than they knew themselves cheesy
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Splinz(m): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
So you think anyone enjoys being angry since it's a habit?. grin Whether it's short tempered or not; it's a trait in all humans. All you need is for someone to trigger you.

Kim, getting angry and being short tempered are two different thing. The latter is even viewed as a problem that must be cured or controlled.

And thankfully, like you said, you've gotten yours under controlled.

If I am short tempered as you claimed, then perhaps, the manifestation of my own need a special kind of intervention or triggers. Perhaps, it is truly not there.

What do you think?
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2017
Splinz:

Kim, getting angry and being short tempered are two different thing. The latter is even viewed as a problem that must be cured or controlled.

And thankfully, like you said, you've gotten yours under controlled.

If I am short tempered as you claimed, then perhaps, the manifestation of my own need a special kind of intervention or triggers. Perhaps, it is truly not there.

What do you think?
Be that as it may, I'm less worried about me.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 30, 2017
LordOfNaira:

OK o. cheesy I have had people come to my office and tell me "Doc, you don't know me as much as I know myself." It turned out that I knew many of them more than they knew themselves cheesy
I had to lay emphasis on "Many of them" which means there were some you didn't know as much as they knew themselves. You should take me for my words. grin
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Gofwane(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
there are those who would require a lot to be angered and when they do; you may never like the consequences. These are temperaments no one asked for.
that's just me! I don't talk much and i get angry very easily but i always try to put myself in other people's position before i take any decision.

But when i display my anger, the result is violent and quite alarming even to myself. I'm the type that when i'm angry, i don't think twice before i act, i don't care how old you are or what position you are in the society. I don't know how to be exchanging words with the person i'm fighting with, i just grab any object i see and strike with it.

My grandmother used to tell me that my temper was handed to me by the devil himself, hand to hand. My aunt went as far as writing my temper as a prayer point and sending it to pastor Chris oyakhilome.

What i do now is just lock up myself in my room and be on my own. It is working for me that way.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by LordOfNaira: 11:00am On Dec 31, 2017
kimbraa:
I had to lay emphasis on "Many of them" which means there were some you didn't know as much as they knew themselves. You should take me for my words. grin

I was only trying to tell you not to be too confident about knowing yourself more than I do grin
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
When I was younger I was really short temper, at 17 it was done on me I hard to manage this and I started( the first is to know you have a problem and then start managing it) don't give excuse of how you were born with it or how you grew up with it. it very dangerous to have a hot short-tempered Woman in your Life except you are the same.

Try managing it for the 1st and second time after that kindly move onn
Re: How Do You Cope With A Short Tempered Woman? by SavageResponse(m): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
NManonymous:
How do you cope with a short tempered woman?

I would not tolerate that kind of shit for whatever reason!

(1) (2) (Reply)

ROYAL WEDDING LIVE: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To Get Married Today / Name Three Series You Can Never Get Tired Of Watching / What Are The Qualities Of A Husband Material? - Ladies React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.