Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

I May Now Believe In The Supernatural - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I May Now Believe In The Supernatural (8378 Views)

Bible's Supernatural Nuggets! / The Supernatural Experience / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by chemystery: 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
shadeyinka:

I can understand that your limited and past experiences oyour Christianity lead you to atheism. However, I still believe that atheists make up their mind with limited information and would prefer to sit on the wall of scepticism rather than stir up the deep water of truth.

Pls watch this and conclude that it was arranged. The couple in question were poor: probably they were paid to make their testimony.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1s&v=K82hMndlLZo

Does this make physical sense? Certainly not!

I don't belong to scoan neither am I affiliated with them in any way. There are hundreds more of this kind of videos if you want
Thanks for the Sunday comic relief. But unfortunately it was at the cost of my precious MB cry

God is indeed like a comedian performing to spectators too afraid to laugh.

I'm not surprised this video makes sense to you. Poor couples yet arm robbers keep coming their way like they'll never do to any rich man.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by shadeyinka(m): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
chemystery:

Thanks for the Sunday comic relief. But unfortunately it was at the cost of my precious MB cry

God is indeed like a comedian performing to spectators too afraid to laugh.

I'm not surprised this video makes sense to you. Poor couples yet arm robbers keep coming their way like they'll never do to any rich man.
I guess you really didn't watch the video with a skeptics mind.

The poverty I insinuated was just a pun...to preclude you saying they were paid actors.

A basic examination of their testimonies will show that
1. They reported their experiences
2. The testimonies seem to match their level of education
3. Two guns refused to fire seems too big a coincidence
4. They were Moslems so their testimonies wasn't to promote Christianity

I actually thought that you will fault a slip in their almost perfect acting.

Sometimes I wish I could invite Derren Brown to this church, instead he will be going around to "christian schemers". Look deep before you jump
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by goestohell: 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
Seun:

Because it’s fun to make people believe that you have supernatural powers. It makes them fear and respect you.

Now that you allow muslims to push tales of supposed conversion from Christianity to islam straight to the front page on Sunday, will you allow ex-muslims who are now Christians to share their testimony on Friday's front page?
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by balmofgilead: 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2018

butterflyl1on:

I am glad you are seeing how silly atheists sound when they use physical things to want to explain or offer an example for supernatural things. I simply gave you a taste of your own medicine and you can see how silly it makes you look.
You are a true son of your mother!FINISHING!
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by chemystery: 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
shadeyinka:

I guess you really didn't watch the video with a skeptics mind.

The poverty I insinuated was just a pun...to preclude you saying they were paid actors.

A basic examination of their testimonies will show that
1. They reported their experiences
2. The testimonies seem to match their level of education
3. Two guns refused to fire seems too big a coincidence
4. They were Moslems so their testimonies wasn't to promote Christianity

I actually thought that you will fault a slip in their almost perfect acting.

Sometimes I wish I could invite Derren Brown to this church, instead he will be going around to "christian schemers". Look deep before you jump
So what point are you trying to prove?
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by shadeyinka(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
chemystery:

So what point are you trying to prove?

You should actually sincerely and with a skeptical mind look at the minority reports of the existence of the supernatural.

Most atheists feed themselves with only information's that support their theory AND gloss over those that can cast a doubt on their faith.

But at the end: we are both products of faith
1. I believe in the Spontaneous Existence of God
2. You believe in the Spontaneous Existence of Materials

Both by simple logics are IMPOSSIBLE!
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by chemystery: 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
shadeyinka:

You should actually sincerely and with a skeptical mind look at the minority reports of the existence of the supernatural.
In essence, your video of unverifiable ridiculous claim proves the existence of supernatural?

Most atheists feed themselves with only information's that support their theory AND gloss over those that can cast a doubt on their faith.
Most atheist were once Christians. What amount of christian doctrine do they still need to feed themselves with? The best ways to put it is that atheist are lead by reasoning and logic, while dismissing every other ridiculous and absurd claims, including yours perhaps.

Both by simple logics are IMPOSSIBLE!
You alone is a product of faith. I am a product of knowledge. Speak for yourself.
And I have not seen any atheist mention that matter came into existence by chance. The theist themselves invented such claim so that they could have straws to clutch at.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by shadeyinka(m): 7:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
chemystery:
In essence, your video of unverifiable ridiculous claim proves the existence of supernatural?
It wasn't supposed to be a proof but a signpost that we don't have all the answers

chemystery:

Most atheist were once Christians. What amount of christian doctrine do they still need to feed themselves with? The best ways to put it is that atheist are lead by reasoning and logic, while dismissing every other ridiculous and absurd claims, including yours perhaps.

I am also aware that most Christians have gone to churches devoid of the supernatural hence its understandable why doctrine alone doesn't do much.

Its part of the signs of this time: "...having a form of religion but denying the power thereof"

You make it sound that anyone who isn't an atheist is illogical, unreasonable and ridiculous. I beg to disagree.

The difference is simply that atheists see the world ONLY from the material and logical point of view whereas I see the world from both Material, Logical and Spiritual point of view.

chemystery:

You alone is a product of faith. I am a product of knowledge. Speak for yourself.
And I have not seen any atheist mention that matter came into existence by chance. The theist themselves invented such claim so that they could have straws to clutch at.
Yes you are a product of Faith in your knowledge as sufficient enough.

The Expanding Universe is a proof of the Universe having a beginning. If it has a beginning, what led to its sudden appearance?

The best atheist explanation is that the universe had always existed in other form.

Hence my statement:

Atheists best explanation is a spontaneous existence of the universe where evolution produced life. It take a keep of faith to believe that
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by chemystery: 10:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
shadeyinka:

It wasn't supposed to be a proof but a signpost that we don't have all the answers
It is actually a signpost revealing that some people are still gullible

I am also aware that most Christians have gone to churches devoid of the supernatural hence its understandable why doctrine alone doesn't do much.

Its part of the signs of this time: "...having a form of religion but denying the power thereof"

You make it sound that anyone who isn't an atheist is illogical, unreasonable and ridiculous. I beg to disagree.
Holding religious believes is ridiculous, unreasonable and illogical. I've been on both sides so I can judge better

The difference is simply that atheists see the world ONLY from the material and logical point of view whereas I see the world from both Material, Logical and Spiritual point of view.
Fallacy of composition. All atheists are guided by the own personal reasoning. So next time try to mention the name of that atheist that made you believe so. Meanwhile, I'm not against you speaking or yourself but don't categorize me with few atheists you have made encounter with.

Yes you are a product of Faith in your knowledge as sufficient enough.
Faith results from speculation; knowledge results from fact. They are like two parallel lines that can never meet.

The Expanding Universe is a proof of the Universe having a beginning. If it has a beginning, what led to its sudden appearance?
I don't know. Tell me.

The best atheist explanation is that the universe had always existed in other form.
You read this from an atheist creed that said all atheist agree to this? Or you have got several explanations from different atheist and this happened to be the best from your judgement? If it is the former, please tell me where you got a copy of that book. If it is the latter, then cool. Different people with their different worldviews. It's allowed.

Hence my statement:

Atheists best explanation is a spontaneous existence of the universe where evolution produced life. It take a keep of faith to believe that
Are you talking of big bang and evolution? These are scientific theories, not atheist theories. They are mere theories that still has the possibility of coming out as being true or false. It is open to any of the two options, hence it can not be termed as faith since there is not yet an absolute acceptance or rejection which will only come after the complete facts and evidence are presented. Then, it will be a accepted base on knowledge and not by belief, and base on fact and not by faith.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by fuckjesus(m): 5:50am On Jan 08, 2018
Uyi168:
..most atheists u see here attack christianity more because they were once christians..i've seen many ex-muslims turned atheists,they too criticize islam..
I just recently got admitted to study pharmacy in uniben. i read in one thread you commented on that you are also a pharmacy student there. I am TOTALLY IRRELIGIOUS, and i am not open about my UNBELIEF how is the religious situation in uniben ?
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by fuckjesus(m): 5:52am On Jan 08, 2018
@the op and others pardon me for digressing.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by butterflyl1on: 7:22am On Jan 08, 2018
joshuakdboy:
I've always been sceptical whenever the issues of supernatural powers are spoken of.

I traveled down to my village (Etutekpe in Kogi state, Igala land) for the festivities. I felt this is a perfect opportunity to verify my claims. I asked a cousin if he truly believes that these powers exists. His answer was simple "This city people una no know anything". I was like, you are uneducated, you may have been seeing well scripted tricks by those who do things you think are real.

He didn't want to argue so he asked me to get a knife, he went into his room, brought out something and tied on his waist, then he asked me to try cutting his flesh with this knife. I was scared because I felt I'd injure him but he assured me to do it, so I did, to my surprise, he wasn't harmed. He then removed the thing on his waist and asked me to try again this time being extremely careful because it will cut, I tried without much force and alas, I saw his blood.

This is before my very eyes. How do I explain it. my scepticism has been skewed a bit.

I want to see more before I leave the village before arriving at a conclusion.

Have you not left the village yet? I wish to read about your findings.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by Uyi168: 8:35am On Jan 08, 2018
fuckjesus:

I just recently got admitted to study pharmacy in uniben. i read in one thread you commented on that you are also a pharmacy student there. I am TOTALLY IRRELIGIOUS, and i am not open about my UNBELIEF how is the religious situation in uniben ?
...we have fellowships here and there..we also have mosque too...i'm yet to see/meet someone like me..thouqh i hardly discuss my unbelief..
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by shadeyinka(m): 10:02am On Jan 08, 2018
chemystery:
It is actually a signpost revealing that some people are still gullible

Holding religious believes is ridiculous, unreasonable and illogical. I've been on both sides so I can judge better

Fallacy of composition. All atheists are guided by the own personal reasoning. So next time try to mention the name of that atheist that made you believe so. Meanwhile, I'm not against you speaking or yourself but don't categorize me with few atheists you have made encounter with.

You have a right to your own opinion about life and existence but it also looks like you are not prone to analyzing deep funder mental issues. It is like you are content with taking a position (your position) to me much like gambling.

Yes I know you will accuse me of judging you but don't forget that you have also judged me in your thesis above. (You have used words like unreasonable, gullible, ridiculous and illogical).

I wanted you to project to the Origin of everything and If you had rightly harnesses all the available knowledge and information, you will arrive at a spontaneous origin of the universe and hence life. I did a little Physics at the University, so it makes me look at such issues from the fundermentals.

Atheism is more of a CHOICE than a conclusion based on exhursive scientific and logical exercise.

chemystery:

Faith results from speculation; knowledge results from fact. They are like two parallel lines that can never meet.

I don't know. Tell me.

You read this from an atheist creed that said all atheist agree to this? Or you have got several explanations from different atheist and this happened to be the best from your judgement? If it is the former, please tell me where you got a copy of that book. If it is the latter, then cool. Different people with their different worldviews. It's allowed.

Are you talking of big bang and evolution? These are scientific theories, not atheist theories. They are mere theories that still has the possibility of coming out as being true or false. It is open to any of the two options, hence it can not be termed as faith since there is not yet an absolute acceptance or rejection which will only come after the complete facts and evidence are presented. Then, it will be a accepted base on knowledge and not by belief, and base on fact and not by faith.
Faith isn't from speculation.
If a man can have Faith in his abilities, would that be due to speculation? Certainly not. In the Army, one can have faith in a Commander (usually based on trust, knowledge and pedigree not by speculation).

Since you want to be treated in isolation from what the average atheist believe, what is your own foolproof logical or scientific proof for the non existence of an intelligent designer for the universe?

I am glad you distinguished between scientific theories and atheistic theories and the fact that you agree that scientific theories and knowledge are not absolute. The implication of this is that every conclusion on Atheism or Atheism is based on a final leap of faith: a choice rather than an exurstive examination.

If the answer of a research is not FINAL and DEFINITE it means that the probability of being wrong is FINITE and as such, a rational man will take a POSITION by Faith.

Are we scientifically 100% sure of the evolutional history of man? No!
Do we have reasonable evidence to believe in human evolution? Yes or No (depending on the person)

You are a product of Faith my dear (Faith in Physical evidences)

1 Like

Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by chemystery: 10:49am On Jan 08, 2018
shadeyinka:

You have a right to your own opinion about life and existence but it also looks like you are not prone to analyzing deep funder mental issues. It is like you are content with taking a position (your position) to me much like gambling.

Yes I know you will accuse me of judging you but don't forget that you have also judged me in your thesis above. (You have used words like unreasonable, gullible, ridiculous and illogical).

I wanted you to project to the Origin of everything and If you had rightly harnesses all the available knowledge and information, you will arrive at a spontaneous origin of the universe and hence life. I did a little Physics at the University, so it makes me look at such issues from the fundermentals.

Atheism is more of a CHOICE than a conclusion based on exhursive scientific and logical exercise.
Nobody told you atheism is a conclusion. Nobody told you atheism have the answers to all world problems. I'm glad you did a bit of physics. In science, there are several instance in science when we don't expect a negative value no matter what (like when calculating for TIME). An atheist is that your friend who refuse to accept your answer because it's value is negative. Not because he knows the answer, but because he knows the laws governing such scientific problems. Therefore, your friend dismissing your answer is a conclusion that you don't have the solution, but not a conclusion that your friend himself have the solution. So will you now say your friend's conclusion is base on faith? No it is base on fact governing some scientific and natural laws.

Faith isn't from speculation.
If a man can have Faith in his abilities, would that be due to speculation? Certainly not. In the Army, one can have faith in a Commander (usually based on trust, knowledge and pedigree not by speculation).

Since you want to be treated in isolation from what the average atheist believe, what is your own foolproof logical or scientific proof for the non existence of an intelligent designer for the universe?

I am glad you distinguished between scientific theories and atheistic theories and the fact that you agree that scientific theories and knowledge are not absolute. The implication of this is that every conclusion on Atheism or Atheism is based on a final leap of faith: a choice rather than an exurstive examination.

If the answer of a research is not FINAL and DEFINITE it means that the probability of being wrong is FINITE and as such, a rational man will take a POSITION by Faith.

Are we scientifically 100% sure of the evolutional history of man? No!
Do we have reasonable evidence to believe in human evolution? Yes or No (depending on the person)

You are a product of Faith my dear (Faith in Physical evidences)
I never mentioned to you that there are atheistic theories or distinguished it from scientific theories, neither did i mention to you that scientific theories and knowledge are not absolute. You are only manufacturing things i didn't say and arguing against them. Atheism have no theories. Our conclusion is that we don't believe in the theistic delusional worldview that is base on faith and not facts. If you are confused with this, then read my analogy on negative value answer again.

Also, you have to distinguish scientific facts/knowledge from scientific theories. Scientific theories are possibilities, and it is illogical to accept them as facts because you can't prove whether they are true or not.

Please always speak for yourself dear, I don't subscribe to a delusional worldview, so refrain from all attempt to drag atheism to your position.

It's funny how you guys try so hard to make atheism look like a RELIGION that have a CREED believed by FAITH.

If RELIGION and FAITH is that fashionable, and atheism is unpleasant, then why trying hard to crop atheism into it?
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by shadeyinka(m): 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
chemystery:
No body told you atheism is a conclusion. Nobody told you atheism have the answers to all world problems. I'm glad you did a bit of physics. In science, there are some equations whose solution we don't expect a negative value no matter what. An atheist is that your friend who refuse to accept your answer because it's value is negative because he knows the laws governing such scientific problems. This does not necessarily mean your friend have the solution to that problem but that he knows what can never be the answer.

Yes madam:
Atheism is a conclusion that there is no deity and no spirit
Atheism is a conclusion that deities exist and spirits exist.

I also do not think I insinuated that atheism is an answer to worlds problems.

I agree with you, in science their are some solutions we know cannot be an answer. Unfortunately depending on the vastness of your data and knowledge. For instance we do have square root of (-1) which classically does not make sense.

In other words, if a person does not accept as valid answer the square root of (-1), it doesn't make him right. It just simply means that he is myopic in his world space.

chemystery:

I never mentioned to you that there are atheistic theories and that scientific theories and knowledge are not absolute. You are only manufacturing things i didn't say and arguing against them. Atheism have no theories. Our conclusion is that we don't believe in the theistic delusional worldview that is base on faith and not facts. If you are confused with this, then read my analogy on negative value answer again.

Also, you have to distinguish scientific facts/knowledge from scientific theories. Scientific theories are possibilities, and it is illogical to accept them as facts because you can't prove whether they are true or not.

Please always speak for yourself dear, I don't subscribe to a delusional worldview, so refrain from all attempt to drag atheism to your position.

It's funny how you guys try so hard to make atheism look like a RELIGION that have a CREED believed by FAITH.

If RELIGION and FAITH is that fashionable, and atheism is unpleasant, then why trying hard to crop atheism into it?
I didn't mean that atheism had theories. I used the word because you used it first. Pls check.
Scientific fact is different from scientific theory. But of cause there are so many theories that are treated as if they are facts especially within the atheist communities. The scientific basis for atheism for instance are more from the theories rather than facts.

Faith amongst Atheists is using Scientific Theories as Laws and proceeding to use them as the foundation for justifications for their stance.

For me:
Atheists analogy :
People who do not believe anything that is not material in machines .
Theists analogy :
People who believe in the interaction of material and non material software code in machines

1 Like

Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by chemystery: 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
shadeyinka:

Yes madam:
Atheism is a conclusion that there is no deity and no spirit
Atheism is a conclusion that deities exist and spirits exist.

I also do not think I insinuated that atheism is an answer to worlds problems.

I agree with you, in science their are some solutions we know cannot be an answer. Unfortunately depending on the vastness of your data and knowledge. For instance we do have square root of (-1) which classically does not make sense.

In other words, if a person does not accept as valid answer the square root of (-1), it doesn't make him right. It just simply means that he is myopic in his world space.

I didn't mean that atheism had theories. I used the word because you used it first. Pls check.
Scientific fact is different from scientific theory. But of cause there are so many theories that are treated as if they are facts especially within the atheist communities. The scientific basis for atheism for instance are more from the theories rather than facts.

Faith amongst Atheists is using Scientific Theories as Laws and proceeding to use them as the foundation for justifications for their stance.

For me:
Atheists analogy :
People who do not believe anything that is not material in machines .
Theists analogy :
People who believe in the interaction of material and non material software code in machines

Reference to scientific theories by atheist is just to let the theist know there are other tangible, testable and verifiable possibilities (not yet facts) of human existence unlike theistic belief of an invisible god who lives in an invisible abode and wants humans to come there after they die. Everything is just intangible, untestable and unverifiable, and one have to just accept them by faith. That's crazy!

Well, I have spent good time to enlighten you about atheism, even using analogies. But you can still suit yourself with your assumptions if that makes you happy and satisfies your wishful thinking. But if you sincerely want to know, then feel free to ask me questions.
Have a nice day.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by OtemAtum: 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
MusicSots:

Bros. Nawa for u o.
I was once having a chest pain, so I went to see a pastor. He layed his hand on my chest and started speaking in tongues. Immediately I felt something left me. The supernatural exists bro
Then did you experience the chest pain later? Anyway, that's a psychological work and anybody can do that. Even you can do it, so far your subject trusts you. These are little little brain tricks anybody can do with psychology. Take a cancer patient to that same pastor and you'll start hearing divine excuses if it doesn't work out.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by OtemAtum: 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
joshuakdboy:

Would request for this when he gets back home from the farm
Has he returned from the farm?
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by urahara(m): 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
No. 8 Oyinbos get juju pass us

Loooooool
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by jonbellion(m): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
Deckline:

No... You are wrong. You don't think. If you do, you wouldn't question the existence of God.
mumu religious version's of god are nonsense not the concept of God itself . I'm not an athiest but I don't believe in religous gods as well cuz they are dumb and illogical.
Nobody is questioning the existence of God what you hear them do is disprove RELIGIOUS GODS
God is not limited to a religion you can believe in God without acknowledging religious Gods like Jesus, Allah and the rest
Use your brain in 2018

1 Like

Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by jonbellion(m): 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2018
Deckline:

Now listen,Amadioha, Sango is believed to be a god in the yoruba kingdom. A statute of course acclaimed to be the god of iron, These are statutes invented by humans to be gods. Now let me tell you,GOD was not invented. He was before anything is. Sango,amadioha,ogun,obatala,moremi... These are just babaric traditional gods invented by man. God lived before man was created by him.
you're really deluded no single atom of sense of hope of intellegence in this comment. Bro you worship the Jewish version of God if you're a Christian no diffrent from the invented Yoruba gods. I don't time to be arguing and staying the obvious abeg. If the Jewish God is the true God of the world then for fuccks sake why did all the bible stories happen in one landmass: the middle eaat and no other continent not even up to 30% of asia. A right thinking person will know that if you are reading a holy book from the God of the world yoyu would expect to see his exploits and prophets in other continents in the world. But he left the rest of the world to worship other Gods and focused on the jews alone
I really want to believe you are not stupid
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by shadeyinka(m): 6:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
chemystery:

Reference to scientific theories by atheist is just to let the theist know there are other tangible, testable and verifiable possibilities (not yet facts) of human existence unlike theistic belief of an invisible god who lives in an invisible abode and wants humans to come there after they die. Everything is just intangible, untestable and unverifiable, and one have to just accept them by faith. That's crazy!

Well, I have spent good time to enlighten you about atheism, even using analogies . But you can still suit yourself with your assumptions if that makes you happy and satisfies your wishful thinking. But if you sincerely want to know, then feel free to ask me questions.
Have a nice day.
Thank you for the enlightenment.

How can the software in an electronics/computer be verified?

I believe that I have also enlightened you to know that Faith isn't an abstract believe in unfounded speculations.

If you were ever Born Again, He will find you
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by Deckline(m): 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
jonbellion:
you're really deluded no single atom of sense of hope of intellegence in this comment. Bro you worship the Jewish version of God if you're a Christian no diffrent from the invented Yoruba gods. I don't time to be arguing and staying the obvious abeg. If the Jewish God is the true God of the world then for fuccks sake why did all the bible stories happen in one landmass: the middle eaat and no other continent not even up to 30% of asia. A right thinking person will know that if you are reading a holy book from the God of the world yoyu would expect to see his exploits and prophets in other continents in the world. But he left the rest of the world to worship other Gods and focused on the jews alone
I really want to believe you are not stupid
WHAT YOU ARE DEPICTING NOW IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAID.
THE god of this world has blinded your understanding. I am not stupid. Those who don't believe that JESUS is Lord will be condemned!!
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by Deckline(m): 10:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
jonbellion:
mumu religious version's of god are nonsense not the concept of God itself . I'm not an athiest but I don't believe in religous gods as well cuz they are dumb and illogical.
Nobody is questioning the existence of God what you hear them do is disprove RELIGIOUS GODS
God is not limited to a religion you can believe in God without acknowledging religious Gods like Jesus, Allah and the rest
Use your brain in 2018
I am happy you are not a religious fanatic. I am happy to know that for you to have told me to use my brain,you yourself must have got one. But i want you to know the brain cannot understand the things of the spirit because it is earthly. "Those that are led by the spirit of GOD, they are the sons of GOD".
There are no religious gods aside GOD himself. He alone is GOD.
My dear,Christianity is not a religion. Its a lifestyle.
I know you are entitled to believe whatever you want,but know this YOU CAN'T ACKNOWLEGE GOD WITHOUT JESUS.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by MusicSots: 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
OtemAtum:
Then did you experience the chest pain later? Anyway, that's a psychological work and anybody can do that. Even you can do it, so far your subject trusts you. These are little little brain tricks anybody can do with psychology. Take a cancer patient to that same pastor and you'll start hearing divine excuses if it doesn't work out.

So are you saying there is nothing like supernatural power(s)?
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by OtemAtum: 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
MusicSots:

So are you saying there is nothing like supernatural power(s)?
There are even more than supernatural power sef. But everything is orderly. Supernatural powers work in supernatural planets, natural powers work in natural planets like the earth here. Psychophysical powers are the greatest forms of natural powers used on earth here to give us the illusions of supernatural manifestation. Our supernatural powers are rightly manifested in the supernatural realms, not here.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
This is my problem with some persons who call themselves atheists. Why do you make an opinion on concepts you don't have a clue of? You have no definite knowledge about anything but you doll out solutions to problems you've not even encountered. One even spoke of philosophy and logic. Where the hell is philosophy and logic when you critique what you don't even understand? What is logic? What is philosophy? What makes anything true? This section reeks of arrogant ignorance.

1 Like

Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by Deckline(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
OtemAtum:
Am seriously weeping for this lost soul.
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by sonofluc1fer: 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
This is my problem with some persons who call themselves atheists. Why do you make an opinion on concepts you don't have a clue of? You have no definite knowledge about anything but you doll out solutions to problems you've not even encountered. One even spoke of philosophy and logic. Where the hell is philosophy and logic when you critique what you don't even understand? What is logic? What is philosophy? What makes anything true? This section reeks of arrogant ignorance.

grin grin
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by OtemAtum: 3:55am On Jan 10, 2018
Deckline:

Am seriously weeping for this lost soul.
May the light of God Almighty who created Yahweh, Allah and every other small gods you guys worship console you in Otem's name. May your weeping yield a positive result so that you may not weep in vain, Ase!!!
Re: I May Now Believe In The Supernatural by MusicSots: 9:12am On Jan 10, 2018
OtemAtum:
There are even more than supernatural power sef. But everything is orderly. Supernatural powers work in supernatural planets, natural powers work in natural planets like the earth here. Psychophysical powers are the greatest forms of natural powers used on earth here to give us the illusions of supernatural manifestation. Our supernatural powers are rightly manifested in the supernatural realms, not here.

What planets are supernatural planets.
And you said 'our supernatural powers', meaning we have supernatural powers.
Kindly elucidate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Your FAITH No Longer Works. / Which Is The True Church / 15 Ways To Minister Without Blemish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.