Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

The Sophistication Of South West Population. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sophistication Of South West Population. (7613 Views)

Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric / Afenifere Can’t Order Herdsmen Out Of South West –miyetti Allah / The Political Sagacity And Sophistication Of South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2017
totit:
First and foremost, voters registration and/or the number of voters can not be use as a yardstick for percentage of population of a country or region.

Why? Because :

• Less than 70% are active voters and/or none voters card holder.

• The estimation of voters or card holder is less than none in each and every region.
cool
Are you telling me you can't use a sample size of over 4 million to make a reliable generalization of population size of about 32 million?

God of Heaven! I don shame.

Ma, I respect your analysis a lot, please don't disappoint me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by Alariiwo: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
horsepower101:

You better not abandon your handle. Because it will happen. I have saved your quote. 2019 is coming soon.

Common cathaloic priest or is it bishop, you lots were fighting.. Claiming the bishop is igbo from another community.

You want to cross river Niger, over 1000 miles to elect igbo senator over Yorubas in Lagos. If we say most of you don't have sense now, they'll say we are hating.

You'll elect senator and Oba Akinolu, Oba Elegushi and co will be looking.
I no blame you, I blame one Nigeria.

FYI, Zik did more than that before the civil war sent you lots packing and corrected so many wrongs. You'll think this is 60s

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by Cooly100: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

What's stopping any city in the SE from attaining such standards? Are there no hausa, Yorubas or ijaw there?

No state in SE was the former capital that would attract the Yorubas, the Hausas or the Ijaws,

Why do you ask dumb questions?

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by stanluiz(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2017
TheHistorian:

Divide and Rule?

Your foolishness is gradually gaining notoriety.

Let's even address how Nnamdi Azikwe sniffed life out of the other tribes in the old eastern empire. . .Everything,every title,every political seats was occupied by Igbos.

Who prays for another years of dominance by Osus? grin
You are pained here like I say go and declare odua republic not ranting on NL.

2 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by totit: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
EzeNri:

Are you telling me you can't use a sample size of over 4 million to make a reliable generalization of population size of about 32 million?

God of Heaven! I don shame.

Ma, I respect your analysis a lot, please don't disappoint me.

You analysts was drawn and base on voters estimation.

You wan use reverse psychology for me, ba ?grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by shukuokukobambi: 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cooly100:

No state in SE was the former capital that would attract the Yorubas, the Hausas or the Ijaws,

You're very dumb indeed. Was calabar not a former capital for the South? Was lokoja not a former capital with lugard's house still standing there?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

You're hopeless.

You and all your fellow deluded goons claim Lagos is successful because it was a former capital. You should explain why Porto Novo that is still a capital isn't in the league of Lagos!!
This should tell you that foreigners play a vital role. If you say no, then why is Ibadan that saw sophistication before Lagos lagging seriously behind?

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by Cooly100: 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
TheHistorian:

Divide and Rule?

Your foolishness is gradually gaining notoriety.

Let's even address how Nnamdi Azikwe sniffed life out of the other tribes in the old eastern empire. . .Everything,every title,every political seats was occupied by Igbos.

Who prays for another years of dominance by Osus? grin

..but they pray for the dominance by the thieving afonjas and the abokis_...

How many of them own oil wells?

How many of their cities are like Lagos and Abuja..

...Most people from the SW have free education..so one wouldn't expect cognitive reasoning in their response...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by totit: 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cooly100:

What of " SS, calabar precisely? shocked
Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by TheHistorian(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
EzeNri:

On three occasions, the SS had shown solidarity with the East:
1. Avengers, when Nnamdi Kanu was in Prison.
2. Sacking the Yorubas and Hausa as a result of the Oct 1 Arewa madness.
3. In the Senate in support of the SE development commission.
https://www.nairaland.com/3793044/bayelsa-indigenes-clash-igbo-traders

Stop this unproductive attachment. . .The SS has denied you countless number of times.

Can't you stand alone? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by Cooly100: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
totit:

What of " SS, calabar precisely? shocked

You would even shift goal post while discussing with yourself...

If I bring SS and SE you will shout blue murder...

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by Cooly100: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

You're very dumb indeed. Was calabar not a former capital for the South? Was lokoja not a former capital with lugard's house still standing there?

They were capital of south and north...and not Nigeria, ogbeni.

Besides, how many years where they capitals?

2 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by totit: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cooly100:

You would even shift goal post while discussing with yourself...

If I bring SS and SE you will shout blue murder...

undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
totit:

You analysts was drawn and base on voters estimation.

You wan use reverse psychology for me, ba ?grin

Reserve psychological? Lol. But it is true nah. Gaskiya ne.

Answer my question please. Are you still insisting that it is not possible to use a sample size 4 million to make a reliable generalization on a population size of about 32 million.

Answer my question please.

2 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by shukuokukobambi: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
EzeNri:

This should tell you that foreigners play a vital role. If you say no, then why is Ibadan that saw sophistication before Lagos lagging seriously behind?

Because the Region was dismantled and focus shifted. Oyo state like all states in Federation became beggars who had no power over their resources like the western region had under Awo.

It should be clear to you. No one is saying Lagos didn't benefit from foreigners but foreigners were already attracted to Lagos and it's opportunities even before lugard's adventure

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
TheHistorian:

https://www.nairaland.com/3793044/bayelsa-indigenes-clash-igbo-traders

Stop this unproductive attachment. . .The SS has denied you countless number of times.

Can't you stand alone? grin
Even Igbos traders sometimes do clash among themselves.

You brought SS into this. Not us.

3 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by totit: 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
EzeNri:

Reserve psychological? Lol. But it is true nah. Gaskiya ne.

Answer my question please. Are you still insisting that it is not possible to use a sample size 4 million to make a reliable generalization on a population size of about 32 million.

Answer my question please.

If the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do? Your first number (4million) was drawn base on assumption so also the second (32million) so then the figures drawn by you has no basis. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by shukuokukobambi: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cooly100:

They were capital of south and north...and not Nigeria, ogbeni.

Besides, how many years where they capitals?

Unless you tell me the required time for being capital to translate to growth, this point is moot.

Porto novo has been capital longer than Lagos yet....

Foreigners contributed to Lagos but Lagos had what every human being on earth needed:bountiful opportunities coupled with the hospitability, enlightenment and understanding of the indigenous population. Don't detract from this out of whatever negative energy you're carrying

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Because the Region was dismantled and focus shifted. Oya state like all states in Federation became beggars who had no power over their resources like the western region had under Awo.

It should be clear to you. No one is saying Lagos didn't benefit from foreigners but foreigners were already attracted to Lagos and it's opportunities even before lugard's adventure
What attracted people to Lagos in the first place? It was the first Capital of a republican Nigeria.

The same thing we were saying. Foreigner helped Lagos a lot.

3 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
EzeNri:

This article is just to praise that sophistication in the parts of the Yorubas and to point out the dangers politically.

The SE this article should have offended didn't. This is maturity.

The SW wants me to give them over 70% of indigenous population, against what the data I used shows, even though I intentionally biased that data to favour them by adjusting the data for Non Indigenes without doing the same for Indigenes.

Imagine someone calling for a genocide on account of that. I am just tired of some people.

This is not the first time, I am challenging those illiterates to give and defend the statistics of non indigenes in SW and they are yet to do that.

I am challenging them again.
Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by shukuokukobambi: 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cooly100:

..but they pray for the dominance by the thieving afonjas and the abokis_...

How many of them own oil wells?

How many of their cities are like Lagos and Abuja..

...Most people from the SW have free education..so one wouldn't expect cognitive reasoning in their response...

The free education that gave a chance to countless destitute igbo children from your war ravaged erosion enclave. You're like a senseless fowl that bites the hands of its benefactor. cheesy

Keep vomiting cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by MrMaestro: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
horsepower101:

Declare oduduwa republic naa. Then I will take you serious because at this point, you are just ranting.
Lol you actually think I care about what an Igbo person thinks about Yorubaland? Just be grateful that I'm even responding to your nonsensical posts at all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by MrMaestro: 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
EzeNri:

What attracted people to Lagos in the first place? It was the first Capital of a republican Nigeria.

bro, ogun has dwarfed Lagos in terms of foreign direct investment. So this FCT argument is not only false, but extremely irrelevant at this point. There's one thing that connects greatness of ibadans cocoa house and television innovation, Lagos as an economic hub, and Ogun leading all of Nigeria in foreign direct investment by a VERY large margin: Yorubas.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by stanluiz(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
The historian says he want one Nigeria but he don't want other tribes to come to SW and compete them with their resources can't you see his hypocrisy!!! but some Yoruba billionaires have oil well in the SS still Niger deltans don't complain these people are confused.

3 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by stanluiz(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
nkwocha had arrived help me deal with those coneheads.

2 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by shukuokukobambi: 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
EzeNri:

Oh, so it has become that of ''Republican capital of Nigeria''? But Porto novo that you used wasn't capital of a republican Benin Republic?

What will it cost you to admit Lagos was on its journey before your ancestors discovered the road to it? Are you the only ones in Lagos?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
Make una kill unaselves God punish all of una...that 1 no consign me...weytin consign me na this guy t9sky why are you always lingering inside tribal threads since 2008

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by Cjrane2: 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
Another useless tribal thread started by Fulani to insult Afonja and get Flaties into an e-war with Afonja.

Meanwhile Fulanis sit in the sidelines and gleefully watch.

Una wey wan fight, go ahead. The wise should just ignore the silly attempt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
MrMaestro:
bro, ogun has dwarfed Lagos in terms of foreign direct investment. So this FCT argument is not only false, but extremely irrelevant at this point. There's one thing that connects greatness of ibadans cocoa house and television innovation, Lagos as an economic hub, and Ogun leading all of Nigeria in foreign direct investment by a VERY large margin: Yorubas.
Ogun is not even top 3 FDI destination in Nigeria, unless you don't know what FDI is. I hope you are not relying on what that Madam Envoy said recently?

2 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2017
totit:

If the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do? Your first number (4million) was drawn base on assumption so also the second (32million) so then the figures drawn by you has no basis. undecided
Assumption kwa? It seems you people are the same.

4 million is the total number of valid votes casted in the 2015 Presidential election. 32 million is the official SW population as given by NPC in 2017.

So what are you saying. I am disappointed.

To answer the question. You need at least 385 people to make a reliable generalization on any population provided that 385 are randomly selected. So over 4 million sample size will yield a very accurate generalization.

So I used that 4 million to calculate for the percentage of non Indigene in SW and adjusted for errors and it gives about 40% of non indigenes in the SW. Don't forget the Tinubu statistics that yielded about 43%. You can verify this, by searching online.

Your Governor Ambode recently said that 86 migrants enter Lagos in every hour. This is 753360 every year for just Lagos alone. This is 2.5% of the entire SW population. Imagine only migrants into Lagos alone accounts for about 2.4% population growth of the entire SW.

Make we fear God nah. Facts don't lie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
I am ashamed of everyone turning this to an e-fight or a tribal e-war.

This is meant to celebrate the SW sophistication, but tribal e-diots from SW took hold of the an analysis here that placed indigenes to non-indigenes at 60:40 ratio to start fight war. Even though that figure was heavily adjusted for error.

They wanted me to just say that SW is sophisticated without giving credit to non indigenes.

The height of that foolishness was one illiterate calling for a genocide on the account of that.

They used to tell us that the Yorubas are sensible and today I challenge that sensibility. Let the Yorubas tell us the proportion of non indigenes in SW or forever keep quiet. Otherwise we shall continue to run with this 60:40 ratio until new data emerges for us to recompute that.

Like I said before. This thread was created to celebrate SW. The most sophisticated Consumer Market in WA.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Isingidi Moves To Stop Azubogu As APGA's Anambra South Senatorial Candidate / Tinubu Names New Board For Bank Of Industry / Woman Gives Birth To A Tortoise In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.