Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,379 members, 7,958,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:03 AM

The Sophistication Of South West Population. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sophistication Of South West Population. (7620 Views)

Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric / Afenifere Can’t Order Herdsmen Out Of South West –miyetti Allah / The Political Sagacity And Sophistication Of South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by totit: 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
EzeNri:

Assumption kwa? It seems you people are the same.

4 million is the total number of valid votes casted in the 2015 Presidential election. 32 million is the official SW population as given by NPC in 2017.

So what are you saying. I am disappointed.

To answer the question. You need at least 385 people to make a reliable generalization on any population provided that 385 are randomly selected. So over 4 million sample size will yield a very accurate generalization.

So I used that 4 million to calculate for the percentage of non Indigene in SW and adjusted for errors and it gives about 40% of non indigenes in the SW. Don't forget the Tinubu statistics that yielded about 43%. You can verify this, by searching online.

Your Governor Ambode recently said that 86 migrants enter Lagos in every hour. This is 753360 every year for just Lagos alone. This is 2.5% of the entire SW population. Imagine only migrants into Lagos alone accounts for about 2.4% population growth of the entire SW.

Make we fear God nah. Facts don't lie.

And once again, you are equaling the total of valid votes(2015) which was drawn from both Yorubas,ibos, and other tribes and applying it as your yardsticks for population figures,and at the same time separated the population of the so called "32million at the same time.

By the way, where is the said : 32 million is the official SW population as given by NPC in 2017 cheesy

As for your disappointment? Keep it oo cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by oduastates: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2017
Who wrote this poo?
As young as I am , I can remember and experienced at least 2 waves of mass migration from the southeast to the southwest
The first one was during shagari regime.
The second was under Babangida.
Lagos was pretty much built up then and the characters was based on every Yoruba city and town which has ever existed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2017
totit:

And once again, you are equaling the total of valid votes(2015) which was drawn from both Yorubas,ibos, and other tribes and applying it as your yardsticks for population figures,and at the same time separated the population of the so called "32million at the same time.

By the way, where is the said : 32 million is the official SW population as given by NPC in 2017 cheesy

As for your disappointment? Keep it oo cool
I believe you don't know how I arrived at that. I adjusted that figure heavily to remove indigenes from non indigenes.

The population of migrants into Lagos alone grows by 2.4%.

Tinubu statistics put non indigenes in Lagos alone at 43%, which fall within the same ratio with mine for SW. You can research about this.

So you are not aware, NPC released new population statistics? If you are not current with our population figure, what then makes you an Analyst?

Ma, give us the population of non Indigenes in South West. Why is it non of you people are able to do that, but always attack other figures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2017
oduastates:
Who wrote this poo?
As young as I am , I can remember and experienced at least 2 waves of mass migration from the southeast to the southwest
The first one was during shagari regime.
The second was under Babangida.
Lagos was pretty much built up then and the characters was based on every Yoruba city and town which has ever existed
What happened to Ibadan. A city that saw sophistication before Lagos?

Keep lying to yourself.
Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by Origamist: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cooly100:

They are not preparing anything. You should rather show appreciation for their contribution to your growth...otherwise...can you explain why Porto Novo is not well developed like the SW, despite their having the same environment like you, like a seaport, airport, bla,bla...? Remember they are your cousins....
This is like the 3rd time I'll be seeing this foolish question on NL.
If you really want to know,then you should try to research the differences between British and French West Africa,the level of commitment both countries showed to the economic development of their colonies :/.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by totit: 9:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
EzeNri:

I believe you don't know how I arrived at that. I adjusted that figure heavily to remove indigenes from non indigenes.

Tinubu statistics put non indigenes in Lagos alone at 43%, which fall within the same ratio with mine for SW. You can research about this.

So you are not aware, NPC released new population statistics? If you are not current with our population figure, what then makes you an Analyst?

Ma, give us the population of non Indigenes in South West. Why is it non of you people are able to do that, but always attack other figures.

At the bolded, I say, shm.

Eh en, I don't know nah. Bring the said NPC stats abeg. Me tired of this back and forth stuffs without basis.

MBA, I won't enter this new year with another dem say, e say stats. kiss

3 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by Rmxr: 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
horsepower101:

Gbam!!!

These fools want to eat their cake and have it. One Nigeria. EKo Atlantic loading.....

You keep mentioning Eko Atlantic as if you can afford one room there lol. Let me tell you the people that will occupy Eko Atlantic. Pastorpreneurs, drug-dealers, politicians, A-list artistes, foreign-based footballers, cyberscammers, expats, and big-money businessmen. All these people are from different backgrounds. A 3-bedroom flat in eko pearl goes for $2.25M. The regular people will only be offering labour and most of them would most likely be Yoruba cos it's Lagos. The jobs that will be created and how much the project would contribute to our economy is what we Yorubas are excited about. Same thing with the refinery. Everything has been bought already sef. All you're seeing is ceremony. You'll soon start seeing the names of the people who own property there once the project is finally completed. So slow down with the noise about how you're buying land there in your dreams grin

They already knew these people before the project even started.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by okway: 11:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
Why are Igbos so obsessed with Yorubas and the SW

5 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by Gotze1: 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cooly100:

Simple...

They don't have people like the Igbo, the Ijaws, the Hausas, etc...

Without these people...and leaving the Yorubas with Lagos it would have been another Ibadan....
Leave am first na hehehehe. These people are funny o. No be your land, so how does how they want it to look like concern you, no be tgem go stay there hehehe.

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by okway: 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cooly100:

Simple...

Without these people...and leaving the Yorubas with Lagos it would have been another Ibadan....

https://www.nairaland.com/3941777/ibadan-pictures-development-fastest-growing

This is Ibadan!

4 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by mercyville: 11:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cooly100:

Simple...

How was the SW when we practised regionalism and it was basically mostly filled with Yorubas.The development was unprecedented until your cousin,Ironsi started decree 42..unitary system of government..If the migrants go to their different bases,Yorubaland growth would still be exceptional like it was in the beginning. As things stand,Yoruba industries with the help of expatriates are what is pushing the growth of the SW.How many industries do the Igbos have in the SW?Igbos are basically traders taking advantage of the growth of the SW mostly brought about by the sweat of the Yorubas especially Chief Awolowo...the industrial estates,conducive business environment etc.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by mercyville: 11:54pm On Dec 31, 2017
okway:

This is Ibadan!
Dunno why they always pick on Ibadan?Aside from the brown roofs not the extensive 1970 ones Igbos always post as Ibadan,Ibadan is more developed than any state in the SE and its GDP makes it the 4th richest economy while Anambra state is the16th economy in Nigeria.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by okway: 12:06am On Jan 01, 2018
mercyville:

Dunno why they always pick on Ibadan?Aside from the brown roofs not the extensive 1970 ones Igbos always post as Ibadan,Ibadan is more developed than any state in the SE and its GDP makes it the 4th richest economy while Anambra state is the16th economy in Nigeria.

It’s out of spite and hatred.

3 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by mercyville: 12:17am On Jan 01, 2018
Cooly100:

They have been running away from that simple question...slippery like the eel...
Ask yourselves these questions: Are the Yorubas at the helms of affairs in these countries,for how long?Are they British or French colonies etc.When you get the answers to these questions then would you know the reason Porto Novo is like that.Why is the capital and lots of the parastatals and developments and government structures
situated elsewhere...Cotonou?
Yoruba region had always been the most developed region in Nigeria.Yorubaland even lent money to Nigeria two times when all of you were bankrupt. Both Igbos and Hausas reta.rded the exponential growth of the SW due to jealousy and envy.Nigeria would have been greater than this if they had supported the Yorubas and learn how they grew their region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by 9jakool: 12:35am On Jan 01, 2018
horsepower101:

Why are Yoruba indigenes in portonovo who have everything Lagos have not able to develop? Are the waiting for igbos and foreigners to do it for them like they did to Lagos?

Cooly100:

Why is Port Novo not like Lagos

Even with a population of around 300,000, Porto-Novo is a relatively well organized and planned city despite the ignorant mindset of people like you. Note that Porto Novo unlike Cotonou is not the main sea port entry for goods entering Benin Republic. The country also lacks oil. So, no, Porto-Novo does not have everything Lagos has. You are just assuming the status of the city based on the notion of Benin Rep being poor. But, here is what they are able to do with the little money they have.

Here is the actual Porto-Novo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYvUFp59QKg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by horsepower101: 12:51am On Jan 01, 2018
9jakool:

Even with a population of around 300,000, Porto-Novo is a relatively well organized and planned city despite the ignorant mindset of people like you. Note that Porto Novo unlike Cotonou is not the main sea port entry for goods entering Benin Republic. The country also lacks oil. So, no, Porto-Novo does not have everything Lagos has. You are just assuming the status of the city based on the notion of Benin Rep being poor. But, here is what they are able to do with the little money they have.

Here is the actual Porto-Novo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYvUFp59QKg

You just proved our point without knowing it.

1) So, In your fecal mind, this city looks good. Shame. After 57 years of independence without any political instability, this is be best their city can look?

2) Yorubas always deny that oil money did not develop lagos but now you are saying that porto novo would have been developed if they had oil

3) With a city of only 300,000 why is building their inner roads such a problem. They have only 1 to 2 major highway passing through the city. Look at google map. Majority of their roads are untarred.

Before you come up with more excuses, know that this country and city is 57 years since independence. They have no excuse to still look poor and backward.
Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by okway: 1:59am On Jan 01, 2018
horsepower101:

1) So, In your fecal mind, this city looks good. Shame. After 57 years of independence without any political instability, this is be best their city can look?

2) Yorubas always deny that oil money did not develop lagos but now you are saying that porto novo would have been developed if they had oil

3) With a city of only 300,000 why is building their inner roads such a problem. They have only 1 to 2 major highway passing through the city. Look at google map. Majority of their roads are untarred.

Before you come up with more excuses, know that this country and city is 57 years since independence. They have no excuse to still look poor and backward.

The city looks better than all the SE Igboland put together.

Imagine someone from red mud region with no investment or IGR generation is criticizing Porto-Novo.

If not for oil money, Igboland would look like another evil forest.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by okway: 2:02am On Jan 01, 2018
Correction, if not for Lagos and oil money that made Igbos, Igbos would be another Northern tribe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by okway: 2:04am On Jan 01, 2018
I came to drop this links here sha;

Why Yorubas are the most successful tribe in Nigeria cheesy

Yorubas are the most industrious, richest and educated tribe

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

Ibadan is the fastest growing city in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by emerged01(m): 2:13am On Jan 01, 2018
Op,you are so right but the votes you counted for non-indegenes during 2015 is wrong. There were many Yorubas that voted Goodluck. Yorubas were divided during 2015 election.
Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by oyatz(m): 3:56am On Jan 01, 2018
This is highly ridiculous!
1) The 2015 presidential election was NOT A CENSUS

2) There was no place for Tribal/ethnic group on the ballot papers.

I wonder if you have a university degree

EzeNri:

That estimation was made using 2015 Presidential election.

You are calling for a genocide. An International offence. I am archiving this for future use.

Nobody can threaten Ndi Igbo and go scot free. Nigeria belongs to us all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by oyatz(m): 4:29am On Jan 01, 2018
I think this guy is one of the half-educated unemployed youths in Nigeria.

1) What's the meaning of Tinubu Statistics? Do you even know the meaning of Statistics?

2) When was census conducted with tribe/ethnic identity as one of the factors enumerated?

#Do you just come to Nairaland to post anything that catches your fancy?
I strongly suggest that SEUN and the management of Nairaland find a way to return Nairaland to its former glory with lots of robust intellectual discussions and not an unserios forum for unintelligent tribal bigots misinforming our youths.

EzeNri:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by jaidey1: 5:29am On Jan 01, 2018
EzeNri:

It seems you are jealous. Check Anambra GDP and find out if that figure is reflected there from 2011.

Compare Anambra GDP of Pre-2011 and Post-2011.

So finally, you are the first Tribal Warlord here.

Please, all true Ndi Igbo should ignore all tribal rants here. Today is Cross Over Night, and we shouldn't carry this over or mar the night with that.

Chukwu Gozie unu.
keep deluding yourself with all the lies about anambra grin the same anambra that is still the number 16 in terms of GDP grin
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

5 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by jaidey1: 5:42am On Jan 01, 2018
horsepower101:

And IBadan, the western regional capital.

I hate when people compare Ibadan and anambra even though anambra is much younger state and far better developed.

Let's compare it to the eastern regional capital Enugu.
stop making a fool of yourself.

you want to compare a state and a state capital. I'll do it for you

GDP is one of the main pointer of development. Ibadan is ahead of awka in development.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

the whole of anambra itself is 4800 sq km while Oyo state is over 28,000sqkm. as shown above Oyo is above in GDP. I believe Oyo is ahead of anambra in IGR too. in urban areas Oyo state is ahead as Ibadan the state capital and Oyo town put together are bigger than the whole of anambra without adding saki, ogbomoso, iseyin.

Ibadan is a city in Oyo with a land mass of 3000sqkm. the whole of anambra itself is just 4800 sqkm.

no matter how you chose to do the comparison whether with state capital or whole state, Oyo state/Ibadan is will ahead!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by jaidey1: 5:44am On Jan 01, 2018
Cooly100:

...despite all these lies from hell...that region wants to stand by itself...but your big for nothing region is scared to death to be on your own.

What does it make of you?

Lagos would have been like these if not for all Nigerians especially Igbos.
I wonder why you ibos have not replicated the Lagos development in at least one of your cities grin Enugu is there rotting away

2 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by jaidey1: 5:49am On Jan 01, 2018
stanluiz:
Alariwo SE is not backward. I know you have never left your slum in ogbomosho.And for investment SE has the highest indigenous investment and for dirtness Ibadan is the dirtiest cities with slums in the country. cc nkwuocha
lol Ibadan dirtiest? where do you want to put

Onitsha https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/feb/13/polluted-onitsha-nigeria-perpetual-dust-city-world-worst-air

aba, umuahia and Owerri grin http://www..ng/others/list-dirtiest-cities-africa-number-14-will-shock

3 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by jaidey1: 5:54am On Jan 01, 2018
EzeNri:

Laws? Lol.

Igbos are people you can't threaten. When the Arewa youth started their madness, their entire Governors came to the East. It was even the Northerners that were leaving the East not Igbos in the North. To the extent of selling a mosque in Aba.

When Akiolu started his own madness. We all know how it ended.

When Yoruba yoots started theirs, IPOB defied them and held a rally in Lagos.

When GTB started their own madness, you saw how Ndi Igbo responded.

You people have been calling for a genocide. Please start it in Oshodi.
lol delusion of grandeur. you think northern governors came to beg you not to leave their region? what happened to your ohaneze elders that were running helter skelter? grin how about your governors that had to sacrifice KANU for favour of the FG? you are delusional grin

4 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by deomelo: 6:12am On Jan 01, 2018

2 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by ManMountain(m): 6:22am On Jan 01, 2018
Cooly100:

...despite all these lies from hell...that region wants to stand by itself...but your big for nothing region is scared to death to be on your own.

What does it make of you?

Lagos would have been like these if not for all Nigerians especially Igbos.

But for lagos, SW and Nigeria, this is how you all will be living in your mud huts in alaigbo doing ukpuru every day of the week

Bladdy osu ingrates grin

4 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by ManMountain(m): 6:26am On Jan 01, 2018
oyatz:
This is highly ridiculous!
1) The 2015 presidential election was NOT A CENSUS

2) There was no place for Tribal/ethnic group on the ballot papers.

I wonder if you have a university degree

He simply assumed that all those that voted PDP are non-yorubas and those that voted APC are purely yorubas
That is the assumption and the reason this conversation should have ended in the middle of page one

5 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by ODVanguard: 6:44am On Jan 01, 2018
horsepower101:

Guy you no dey Shame? You dare to run your gutter mouth about Porto Novo roads when Aba roads are way worse than anything you will find in Porto Novo, in spite of all the noise you all make and the allocations collected from oil money (abi una no dey collect allocation?? Everyone knows your states' IGR are nothing to write home about, and you lots contribute the least to the federal purse). You will never come across roads or any area as filthy and deplorable as the ones attached to this post anywhere in Porto Novo. You people could still not effectively manage Aba upon all the supposed commerce going on there plus oil money allocation!? Aba is the best igbos can achieve on their own even with oil money. And this is supposed to be the commercial nerve centre of the entire SE region, where you lots trade and live like pigs, yet you have the nerve to talk crap about Porto Novo??

Porto Novo people are not as dirty as you lots, neither are conditions so bad there to warrant them becoming nomads and refugees like una; matter of fact na your people dey flee go there in search of greener pastures. It is igbo people that go to Porto Novo to trade and commit crimes while pretending to be Yorubas. #Fact.

If what is currently on ground in the SE is the best you lots could achieve with all the allocation from oil money, drugs trafficking, baby factories, etc, then I shudder to imagine what your entire landlocked and erosion ravaged enclave would look like without oil money. Then una for accuse baba God of marginalization in addition to the Nigerian state. Shioorr.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by stonemasonn: 7:12am On Jan 01, 2018
EzeNri:

OP why have you guys become monitoring spirits nah.

You're in Owerri enjoying new year holiday yet you could'nt resist the the temptation to write about south-west, haba.

Last time one Igbo boy left his village for Ibadan, then started taking pictures of slums to paste on nairaland, haba why the Obsession, why,why.

Now you're brandishing statistics claiming the non Yoruba population in the south-west is 40%, haba, a region with several local government areas, towns and villages. You sat at your hamlet in Owerri to brandish statistics based on 2015 votes. In Ekiti, APC had about 120, 000 votes while PDP had about 176, 000 votes, so in your mind now the population of non Yorubas is more than Yorubas in Ekiti, abi?

In your mind Porto-Novo is not developed because there are no Igbos developing Porto-Novo, abi?

Monitoring Spirits

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obono-Obla: 'Ekweremadu Should Face His False Asset Declaration Case' / SERAP Tells FG To Probe Missing ₦3.8bn In Health Ministry, NAFDAC, Others / The New Nigeria Under President Tinubu, By Fredrick Nwabufo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.