Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,479 members, 7,958,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

The Sophistication Of South West Population. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sophistication Of South West Population. (7623 Views)

Muslims Form Majority Of South West’s Population—muric / Afenifere Can’t Order Herdsmen Out Of South West –miyetti Allah / The Political Sagacity And Sophistication Of South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by cozyfbaby: 7:18am On Jan 01, 2018
Rev. Ladi Thompson give shocking prophesy about Nigeria in 2018- Read what he says

Renowned cleric and founder of Living Waters Unlimited Church in Lagos, Rev. Ladi Thompson, has released some shocking revelations about events that might happen in the country between 2018 and 2019.

The cleric revealed that the nation is approaching the midnight hour of history where things would fall apart and the centre could no longer hold.

He told Sun that in the coming year, the church of God would be turned into entertainment centre just as violence, would escalate in some quarters.

According to him, “what everybody is crying out for is either we go to a meltdown, when I say a meltdown , I really mean meltdown, there will be escalation of violence like never before, the devaluation of human worth will be like the days of human sacrifices. Blood will spill.

Read more here http://www.correctmum.com.ng/rev-ladi-thompson-give-shocking-prophesy-nigeria-2018-read-says/

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by 9jakool: 7:45am On Jan 01, 2018
horsepower101:

[b]You just proved our point without knowing it.

1) So, In your fecal mind, this city looks good. Shame. After 57 years of independence without any political instability, this is be best their city can look?

Again, here you are assuming things without evidence. The country has experienced a number of coup since its independence, so gladly throw your political stability claim out the window. How it can look? I don't see an ocean of slums, and I don't see terrible road congestion. Case closed!

2) Yorubas always deny that oil money did not develop lagos but now you are saying that porto novo would have been developed if they had oil

No, I'm not saying they would be better off with oil, I'm saying the opposite. Many cities with the same population in Nigeria look worse than that. Lagos along with Nigeria before oil and the systemic corruption that came as a consequence was better managed. Before oil, Lagos was the commercial hub of Nigeria. At that time, Nigeria's economy was well diversified and was dependent on agriculture and manufacturing. Nigeria's largest income earner and export was cocoa which was concentrated in the West and Lagos was and still is the main entry point for Nigeria. The truth remains after oil became the largest earner, Lagos experienced urban decay. Lagos stagnated in urban development, and there was a rise in poverty and slums. More attention was diverted into developing Abuja than Lagos.

Abuja was built from scratch with oil money, Lagos wasn't. Lagos has always been Nigeria's commercial hub before oil production. Oil and corruption caused urban decay in Lagos, like in most cities across Nigeria. It's not until recent years that Lagos started to experience an upsurge in urban development as a result of more progressive leadership. For these reason, you cannot say oil built Lagos. Oil money built Abuja, not Lagos.

3) With a city of only 300,000 why is building their inner roads such a problem. They have only 1 to 2 major highway passing through the city. Look at google map. Majority of their roads are untarred.

Before you come up with more excuses, know that this country and city is 57 years since independence. They have no excuse to still look poor and backward.
[/b]

Oh please like majority of roads in Nigeria are tarred. Even their untarred roads look better than many pothole-ridden tarred roads in Nigeria. Please tell me how many major highways are in Awka with a population of well over 300,000.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by oyatz(m): 8:56am On Jan 01, 2018
Can you imagined!

My cousin who was a commissioner under PDP government contested under PDP in 2015 and he and other politicians delivered our hometown's block votes to PDP/Jonathan in Osun state while his younger brother, a loyalist of Ambode/Tinubu is an APC councillor in Ikate/Itire LCDA, Lagos state and part of the APC campaign team in Lagos state.

In the Southwest, on the same day of Presidential & National assembly election, Sen Buruji Kashamu (Ogun east), Hon Oluwole Oke (Ijesha North, Osun state) ,all the National assembly members in Ekiti State and many others were elected on the platform of the PDP, so where did IPOBians get the illusion that all yorubas are APC supporters?

ManMountain:

He simply assumed that all those that voted PDP are non-yorubas and those that voted APC are purely yorubas
That is the assumption and the reason this conversation should have ended in the middle of page one

4 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 9:48am On Jan 01, 2018
stonemasonn:
OP why have you guys become monitoring spirits nah.

You're in Owerri enjoying new year holiday yet you could'nt resist the the temptation to write about south-west, haba.

Last time one Igbo boy left his village for Ibadan, then started taking pictures of slums to paste on nairaland, haba why the Obsession, why,why.

Now you're brandishing statistics claiming the non Yoruba population in the south-west is 40%, haba, a region with several local government areas, towns and villages. You sat at your hamlet in Owerri to brandish statistics based on 2015 votes. In Ekiti, APC had about 120, 000 votes while PDP had about 176, 000 votes, so in your mind now the population of non Yorubas is more than Yorubas in Ekiti, abi?

In your mind Porto-Novo is not developed because there are no Igbos developing Porto-Novo, abi?

Monitoring Spirits

When you see uncommon pattern in a statistical trend, then know it not just coincidence.

Why is it that it only in SW that we have election vote split 57:43, even though they were the region that championed the APC Movement? Why is it that it is only SW that elected non indigenes into positions, especially from areas where those PDP votes came from?

The truth is that you people are just being sentimental and shallow. I don't have time for you. Annually the number of people that enters LAGOS alone is 2.4% of the entire SW population. If 2.4% of SW population alone enters Lagos alone, have you ever bothered to ask yourself how many that enter in the other 5 states?

The figure was heavily adjusted to arrive at 60:40 ratio and I know it very accurate at 5% Alpha level.

I know most of you will shout Ekiti, remove Ekiti entirely from the analysis. You will still arrive at the same thing. Use three point estimate to run the same analysis, you will still get the same thing. Use a survey, you will still discover that 4 out of every 10 persons in SW are not Yorubas. We have SE, SS, MB, NE, NW, West Africans, Asians, Americans, Europeans, North, Central and other Africans in SW. All these people fall within that 40%.

If you are a Statistician, you should have known that you need at least 385 sample size to make a reliable generalization on any homogeneous population.

If the population is heterogenous, you have to divide it into homogenous units and collect randomly a sample size of at least 385 from each unit before you can make any reliable generalization.

SW is a homogeneous unit, using a sample size of election voters in Nigeria where ethnic groups vote in bloc can yield that kind of information (proportion of Indigenes:Non indigenes) but this can't in the USA.

Cc:
Oyatz
Totit
Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by ManMountain(m): 9:48am On Jan 01, 2018
ODVanguard:

Guy you no dey Shame? You dare to run your gutter mouth about Porto Novo roads when Aba roads are way worse than anything you will find in Porto Novo, in spite of all the noise you all make and the allocations collected from oil money (abi una no dey collect allocation?? Everyone knows your states' IGR are nothing to write home about, and you lots contribute the least to the federal purse). You will never come across roads or any area as filthy and deplorable as the ones attached to this post anywhere in Porto Novo. You people could still not effectively manage Aba upon all the supposed commerce going on there plus oil money allocation!? Aba is the best igbos can achieve on their own even with oil money. And this is supposed to be the commercial nerve centre of the entire SE region, where you lots trade and live like pigs, yet you have the nerve to talk crap about Porto Novo??

Porto Novo people are not as dirty as you lots, neither are conditions so bad there to warrant them becoming nomads and refugees like una; matter of fact na your people dey flee go there in search of greener pastures. It is igbo people that go to Porto Novo to trade and commit crimes while pretending to be Yorubas. #Fact.

If what is currently on ground in the SE is the best you lots could achieve with all the allocation from oil money, drugs trafficking, baby factories, etc, then I shudder to imagine what your entire landlocked and erosion ravaged enclave would look like without oil money. Then una for accuse baba God of marginalization in addition to the Nigerian state. Shioorr.

This is sheer and pure savagery

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by ManMountain(m): 9:51am On Jan 01, 2018
EzeNri:

When you see uncommon pattern in a statistical trend, then know it not just coincidence.

Why is it that it only in SW that we have election vote split 57:43, even though they were the region that championed the APC Movement? Why is it that it is only SW that elected non indigenes into positions, especially from areas where those PDP votes came from?

The truth is that you people are just being sentimental and shallow. I don't have time for you. Annually the number of people that enters LAGOS alone is 2.4% of the entire SW population. If 2.4% of SW population alone enters Lagos alone, have you ever bothered to ask yourself how many that enter in the other 5 states?

The figure was heavily adjusted to arrive at 60:40 ratio and I know it very accurate at 5% Alpha level.

I know most of you will shout Ekiti, remove Ekiti entirely from the analysis. You will still arrive at the same thing. Use three point estimate to run the same analysis, you will still get the same thing. Use a survey, you will still discover that 4 out of every 10 persons in SW are not Yorubas. We have SE, SS, MB, NE, NW, West Africans, Asians, Americans, Europeans, North, Central and other Africans in SW. All these people fall within that 40%.

If you are a Statistician, you should have known that you need at least 385 sample size to make a reliable generalization on any homogeneous population.

If the population is heterogenous, you have to divide it into homogenous units and collect randomly a sample size of at least 385 from each unit before you can make any reliable generalization.

SW is a homogeneous unit, using a sample size of election voters in Nigeria where ethnic groups vote in bloc can yield that kind of information (proportion of Indigenes:Non indigenes) but this can't in the USA.

Cc:
Oyatz
Totit

The President himself just gave you the answer to your questions this morning. He even advised other regions (including his own) to emulate the SW when it comes to electoral matter in respect of re5lgion, tribalism ( ibos are now no 1 in that) and other primordial sentiments

3 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 9:57am On Jan 01, 2018
oyatz:
Can you imagined!

My cousin who was a commissioner under PDP government contested under PDP in 2015 and he and other politicians delivered our hometown's block votes to PDP/Jonathan in Osun state while his younger brother, a loyalist of Ambode/Tinubu is an APC councillor in Ikate/Itire LCDA, Lagos state and part of the APC campaign team in Lagos state.

In the Southwest, on the same day of Presidential & National assembly election, Sen Buruji Kashamu (Ogun east), Hon Oluwole Oke (Ijesha North, Osun state) ,all the National assembly members in Ekiti State and many others were elected on the platform of the PDP, so where did IPOBians get the illusion that all yorubas are APC supporters?

More than 40% of SW total votes went to PDP nah.

I was aware that some yorubas voted for PDP and many non yorubas voted for APC.

The Analysis adjusted out the Yorubas that voted for PDP without adjusting out for the non Yorubas that voted for APC.

See how you people tribalized a pro-SW thread because you expected me to place the ratio at 80:20, which is errorneous. We know that 2 out of 10 people in SW are not non indigenes. You know it is more than that, but paranoia wouldn't allow you people to accept a simple truth.

Oga, I am ready to retract this figure, if you can give me the accurate ratio.

I am waiting please.
Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 10:02am On Jan 01, 2018
ManMountain:

The President himself just gave you the answer to your questions this morning. He even advised other regions (including his own) to emulate the SW when it comes to electoral matter in respect of re5lgion, tribalism ( ibos are now no 1 in that) and other primordial sentiments
If you manage to sneak into the President's bedroom, he will tell you without fear that SW introduced tribalism into the polity.

If you can't sneak in, just stroll to Kano and ask Sanusi.

If you think that will be difficult then ask, Balaraba Musa, Yakassi or Unoga (I don't know the accurate name though).

So say another thing.

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by ManMountain(m): 10:16am On Jan 01, 2018
EzeNri:

If you manage to sneak into the President's bedroom, he will tell you without fear that SW introduced tribalism into the polity.

If you can't sneak in, just stroll to Kano and ask Sanusi.

If you think that will be difficult then ask, Balaraba Musa, Yakassi or Unoga (I don't know the accurate name though).

So say another thing.

I will rather take what is generally known and accepted and what the president openly and publicly confirmed in a national broadcast on his first speech of the year.

Guy, this is 2018, your life should stop revolving around hatred and things that will never add value to your old age

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by oyatz(m): 10:22am On Jan 01, 2018
This guy is funny sha.
You can even say there are no Yorubas in the Southwest, opinions are free.

Without conducting any demographic survey to determine the ethnic composition of the Southwest, you just arrogate to your self the all knowing power to determine who are indigenes and non-indigenes in the region and their ratios

EzeNri:

More than 40% of SW total votes went to PDP nah.

I was aware that some yorubas voted for PDP and many non yorubas voted for APC.

The Analysis adjusted out the Yorubas that voted for PDP without adjusting out for the non Yorubas that voted for APC.

See how you people tribalized a pro-SW thread because you expected me to place the ratio at 80:20, which is errorneous. We know that 2 out of 10 people in SW are not non indigenes. You know it is more than that, but paranoia wouldn't allow you people to accept a simple truth.

Oga, I am ready to retract this figure, if you can give me the accurate ratio.

I am waiting please.

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 10:24am On Jan 01, 2018
ManMountain:

I will rather take what is generally known and accepted and what the president openly and publicly confirmed in a national broadcast on his first speech of the year.

Guy, this is 2018, your life should stop revolving around hatred and things that will never add value to your old age
I would have ignored you if you had not mentioned Igbo in your post.

Tribal e-diot

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by ManMountain(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2018
EzeNri:

I would have ignored you if you had not mentioned Igbo in your post.

Tribal e-diot

Learn to be relevant and useful to yourself
This is a new year.
Bishop, you are too old to keep displaying this sort of madness

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2018
oyatz:
This guy is funny sha.
You can even say there are no Yorubas in the Southwest, opinions are free.

Without conducting any demographic survey to determine the ethnic composition of the Southwest, you just arrogate to your self the all knowing power to determine who are indigenes and non-indigenes in the region and their ratios

Thanks to Nairaland, I have known many yorubas are not as sensible as they make us to believe.

You use survey to collect data, nothing else. You don't need it again when you have data already.

Oga, you are dodging the question like your brothers. What is the proportion of Indigenes:non indigenes in SW?

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by EzeNri(m): 10:31am On Jan 01, 2018
ManMountain:

Learn to be a relevant and useful to yourself This is a new year.
You that is relevant and useful, goodluck.

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by oyatz(m): 11:00am On Jan 01, 2018
Guy, abeg na new year we dey.
Okay, you have won and you are 100% correct...does that make you happy?

EzeNri:

Thanks to Nairaland, I have known many yorubas are not as sensible as they make us to believe.

You use survey to collect data, nothing else. You don't need it again when you have data already.

Oga, you are dodging the question like your brothers. What is the proportion of Indigenes:non indigenes in SW?

4 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by totit: 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
oyatz:
I think this guy is one of the half-educated unemployed youths in Nigeria.

1) What's the meaning of Tinubu Statistics? Do you even know the meaning of Statistics?

2) When was census conducted with tribe/ethnic identity as one of the factors enumerated?

#Do you just come to Nairaland to post anything that catches your fancy?
I strongly suggest that SEUN and the management of Nairaland find a way to return Nairaland to its former glory with lots of robust intellectual discussions and not an unserios forum for unintelligent tribal bigots misinforming our youths.

Jo'n to ri olorun ose odun titun jar'e.
That dude called OP? Eh? His matter get as e be.

Lool grin

6 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by stonemasonn: 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2018
EzeNri:

Cc:
Oyatz
Totit
Guy you can't use election results to estimate population, and South West is not Lagos alone neither is it just Ibafo and Ibadan. Please visit all the villages and small towns in the south west and sample the population, stop spilling garbage statistics around. Moreover Hausas and some southerners voted Buhari in the south west and many Yorubas voted GEJ in the south west.

Stop all these obsessions, other non Yoruba tribes are not with you on this, your covetousness will only lead to a repeat of 1967.

2 Likes

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by freeze20: 7:50pm On Jan 01, 2018
EzeNri:
I am ashamed of everyone turning this to an e-fight or a tribal e-war.

This is meant to celebrate the SW sophistication, but tribal e-diots from SW took hold of the an analysis here that placed indigenes to non-indigenes at 60:40 ratio to start fight war. Even though that figure was heavily adjusted for error.

They wanted me to just say that SW is sophisticated without giving credit to non indigenes.

The height of that foolishness was one illiterate calling for a genocide on the account of that.

They used to tell us that the Yorubas are sensible and today I challenge that sensibility. Let the Yorubas tell us the proportion of non indigenes in SW or forever keep quiet. Otherwise we shall continue to run with this 60:40 ratio until new data emerges for us to recompute that.

Like I said before. This thread was created to celebrate SW. The most sophisticated Consumer Market in WA.

grin grin grin
Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by freeze20: 7:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
okway:
Why are Igbos so obsessed with Yorubas and the SW
Why are the Yorubas so obsessed with Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu? I once asked this very question on this forum.
What goes around comes around. tongue
Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by willibounce1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2018
another low self esteem exhibiting thread by some frustrated, flat headed ipod.

1 Like

Re: The Sophistication Of South West Population. by mercyville: 5:15am On Jan 02, 2018
freeze20:

Why are the Yorubas so obsessed with Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu? I once asked this very question on this forum.
What goes around comes around. tongue
Yorubas are/were not obsessed with your Biafra but the method used which was mainly abusive and hatred filled.We would rather you have your Biafra than causing nuisance all over SW with your slippery mouths and uncouth behaviours but the undefeated truth is that you will still flock into SW even after your Biafra.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo 2024: Huriwa Backs INEC’s Disqualification Of APC, LP Agents / The Acts Of King Mumu Son Of Hari Chapter 1:1-24 (Readers Discretion Is Advised) / Seyi Makinde Denies Backing Social Media Bill (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.