Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (75470 Views)

Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Adieza(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
Agbaletu:

I will start answering you from the bottom.

You can travel on 18th since there is 100% certainty that you will arrive at night.

You don't have problem with Rwanda immigration officers, just hold your invitation letter and your hotel reservation. Do you have a visa already or you want to get it on arrival? No need to show your national ID or work ID. Since this is your first trip outside the country, you will only have issues with your own Nigerian immigration brothers and sisters. They will try to extort you, make sure you keep a few Naira notes for them...they are so corrupt. Even my friends in Rwanda always joke about our corrupt immigration officers.

As per the issue of Bank account...how long will you be staying in Kigali? There is no UBA in Kigali, there are 3 Nigerian Banks there: Access, GTB and Eco. Let me know how long you will be staying if you will need to go with dollars and change to Rwanda Franc when you arrive at the airport. The Airport taxi has been increased from 15,000RwF to 20,000RwF. You may need to change a few dollars at the airport.
I will be spending a month sir.
My hotel and training will be paid by my sponspor.
I will be trained at Nyanza a 2 hour journey from Kigali. The fuel increase was the cause.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
Adieza:

I will be spending a month sir.
My hotel and training will be paid by my sponspor.
Go with dollars then.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Adieza(m): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
Agbaletu:

Go with dollars then.
I heard that Custom will collect money from me at Airport sir.
Initially I cant go with more than 80k cash. I should change in Nigeria before going sir?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2018
Adieza:

I heard that Custom will collect money from me at Airport sir.
Initially I cant go with more than 80k cash. I should change in Nigeria before going sir?
80k is just about 220$, it will be too small for you o. Make sure you change your money to dollars.
Custom will not disturb you like that, only the immigration and NDLEA sometimes. Just have like 3k for them. Immigration officers will have reasons to hold on to your passport since you are travelling for the first time. Make sure you check in early.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by spartacus11(m): 9:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
Agbaletu the Access and GTB that is in Rwanda can u use ur Nigeria account with dem?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by spartacus11(m): 9:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
They is a friend i would hav love to visit in Tanzania, if i come in through Rwanda and get the 30 days visa on arrival can i transit to Tanzania from Rwanda within the 30days?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Adieza(m): 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
Agbaletu:

80k is just about 220$, it will be too small for you o. Make sure you change your money to dollars.
Custom will not disturb you like that, only the immigration and NDLEA sometimes. Just have like 3k for them. Immigration officers will have reasons to hold on to your passport since you are travelling for the first time. Make sure you check in early.
Thank you very much sir.
I will leaving from Ekiti.
I will update this thread soon I get there.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by naijaceo: 7:49am On Mar 11, 2018
Adieza:
Thank you very much sir. I will leaving from Ekiti. I will update this thread soon I get there.
Hey sup! Where in Ekiti are you? I'm at Ado.... I wish to visit Rwanda too.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2018
spartacus11:
Agbaletu the Access and GTB that is in Rwanda can u use ur Nigeria account with dem?
I am not sure because I didn't do any transaction with them. You can ask their Customer care here in Nigeria.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 8:22am On Mar 11, 2018
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 8:24am On Mar 11, 2018
spartacus11:
They is a friend i would hav love to visit in Tanzania, if i come in through Rwanda and get the 30 days visa on arrival can i transit to Tanzania from Rwanda within the 30days?
Your 30 days visa cannot take you to Tanzania. You need a resident permit to move within East Africa.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by AngelicBeing: 8:33am On Mar 11, 2018
Agbaletu:

Your 30 days visa cannot take you to Tanzania. You need a resident permit to move within East Africa.
Or he can get the East African tourist visa which is valid for 90days but I am not sure if it will take him to Tanzania but it will take him to Kenya / Uganda cool
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 9:46am On Mar 11, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Or he can get the East African tourist visa which is valid for 90days but I am not sure if it will take him to Tanzania but it will take him to Kenya / Uganda cool
Yes, he can only enter Kenya and Uganda and I think Ethiopia, but not Tanzania and Burundi.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by spartacus11(m): 10:14am On Mar 11, 2018
AngelicBeing:

Agbaletu:

Yes, he can only enter Kenya and Uganda and I think Ethiopia, but not Tanzania and Burundi.

Agbaletu:

Thanks for the update, i should cancel the flight reservation I've made then. Appreciate.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by DoNotBeAfraid: 10:42am On Mar 11, 2018
spartacus11:

Thanks for the update, i should cancel the flight reservation I've made then. Appreciate.

You can make the trip to Tanzania as you would be given a VOA at $50 for 30days stay.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by spartacus11(m): 11:17am On Mar 11, 2018
DoNotBeAfraid:

You can make the trip to Tanzania as you would be given a VOA at $50 for 30days stay.

If this is possible, when returning back to Rwanda to catch my returning flight to Nigeria will i still have to pay the $30 on arrival again
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by AngelicBeing: 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2018
spartacus11:

If this is possible, when returning back to Rwanda to catch my returning flight to Nigeria will i still have to pay the $30 on arrival again
No.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by DoNotBeAfraid: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
spartacus11:

once you are not leaving that airport u wouldn't need to get a visa
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Donzeez19: 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2018
@good4all40 hello. Can you please say what living cost is in Rwanda? Like rent, transport, food etc. thanks.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Donzeez19: 10:28am On Apr 23, 2018
[quote][/quote] hello agbaletu. Are you still in Rwanda?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by good4all40: 1:56am On Apr 24, 2018
Donzeez19:
@good4all40 hello. Can you please say what living cost is in Rwanda? Like rent, transport, food etc. thanks.

It depends on your taste but you can get a decent apartment between 150 to 200 dollars per month. location of the apartment says a lot about your monthly due too.

Transportation is very easy via Boda Boda(Okada) taxi or public big bus. It's moderately priced too.

Food is a bit expensive compare to ours but if you spend moderately you should be able to save some cash. But l will strongly advice to cook your food if you can instead of going to restaurants this saves a lot of cash at the end of the month.

Their women are kilimanjarolically beautiful if you know what l mean. Just make sure you abstain from distractions as much as you can. if you have cash, lots of cash, you will enjoy living in Kigali. l met some Americans when l visited, and they all said this is mini America. Generally it's a bit expensive compare to Nigeria but you will hardly observe this if you have a decent job or business.

Don't forget to visit their genocide memorial and take some pics and probably their volcanic town if you have some spare cash.

You can ask questions if you have any business plan in my mind to start in Kigali we will generally advice you based on experience. Don't over Stay your visa or make sure you extend it at least a week before expiration if you plan to stay longer you will surely enjoy your stay.

You can speak French to Older people like 33 yr, upwards they tend to understand and speak French better than English, the younger ones speak English mostly. And Kiyanwanda their local language is widely spoken because l traveled to some of their villages too.

But please l will specially advice anyone not to plan to stay in Kigali or Rwanda for greener pasture without proper planning and cash. You will hardly get a job here but business can work with cash.

You will not have any problem at their airport in Kigali I think they changed the name of their airport now. Their immigration officers are so friendly they will ask you your reservations, sometimes they call the hotel to confirm your reservations just make sure you book the hotel online you can pay online or at the hotel they will automatically have your information with them after the confirmation of your booking.

Kigali is rated as the most cleanest city in Africa. You can't find a single polythene bag on their major streets or roads because no one uses polythene bag there, their government banned it. If you know you have not fulfill your dealings there, just extend your visa its very easy and straightforward. please do not overstay or play to TECO. Abuja is very beautiful and bigger though but it is not as clean as Kigali. Just don't go there for hustling!!! it is meant for Tourism except you are going there to invest or to start a business.

Merci.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 8:50am On Apr 24, 2018
good4all40:

It depends on your taste but you can get a decent apartment between 150 to 200 dollars per month. location of the apartment says a lot about your monthly due too.

Transportation is very easy via Boda Boda(Okada) taxi or public big bus. It's moderately priced too.

Food is a bit expensive compare to ours but if you spend moderately you should be able to save some cash. But l will strongly advice to cook your food if you can instead of going to restaurants this saves a lot of cash at the end of the month.

Their women are kilimanjarolically beautiful if you know what l mean. Just make sure you abstain from distractions as much as you can. if you have cash, lots of cash, you will enjoy living in Kigali. l met some Americans when l visited, and they all said this is mini America. Generally it's a bit expensive compare to Nigeria but you will hardly observe this if you have a decent job or business.

Don't forget to visit their genocide memorial and take some pics and probably their volcanic town if you have some spare cash.

You can ask questions if you have any business plan in my mind to start in Kigali we will generally advice you based on experience. Don't over Stay your visa or make sure you extend it at least a week before expiration if you plan to stay longer you will surely enjoy your stay.

You can speak French to Older people like 33 yr, upwards they tend to understand and speak French better than English, the younger ones speak English mostly. And Kiyanwanda their local language is widely spoken because l traveled to some of their villages too.

But please l will specially advice anyone not to plan to stay in Kigali or Rwanda for greener pasture without proper planning and cash. You will hardly get a job here but business can work with cash.

You will not have any problem at their airport in Kigali I think they changed the name of their airport now. Their immigration officers are so friendly they will ask you your reservations, sometimes they call the hotel to confirm your reservations just make sure you book the hotel online you can pay online or at the hotel they will automatically have your information with them after the confirmation of your booking.

Kigali is rated as the most cleanest city in Africa. You can't find a single polythene bag on their major streets or roads because no one uses polythene bag there, their government banned it. If you know you have not fulfill your dealings there, just extend your visa its very easy and straightforward. please do not overstay or play to TECO. Abuja is very beautiful and bigger though but it is not as clean as Kigali. Just don't go there for hustling!!! it is meant for Tourism except you are going there to invest or to start a business.

Merci.
Please what is the requirement for getting a resident permit or permanent residence over there?Also,what business can one venture into ,the one that moves very well and how easy is setting up one there? Lastly,how is their women and is there any benefit marrying them?
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:11am On Apr 24, 2018
cutieme:
Please what is the requirement for getting a resident permit or permanent residence over there?Also,what business can one venture into ,the one that moves very well and how easy is setting up one there? Lastly,how is their women and is there any benefit marrying them?
All the questions you dey ask since,where you don use am travel to?

5 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by NONNYG: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
make I laff smallgrin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by AngelicBeing: 11:27am On Apr 24, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
He is a world tourist, an ambassador extraordinaire that wants to conquer the whole world, marry and use it to get good African passport except that of Nigeria and vammoose to the West grin

3 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Typical lazy Nigerian youth.Just look at what laziness has turned u guys into.I don't blame buhari for uttering that statement.Na u I ask?If u got nothing to contribute what not read and bypass!
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
NONNYG:
make I laff smallgrin grin grin
As for you NONNYG,you will soon meet your Waterloo,just don't worry!The way you will fall drastically like a pack of cards,you won't even believe it.Keepbon daring me!
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by zioncity555(m): 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
Donzeez19:
hello agbaletu. Are you still in Rwanda?
Nice this trend is very helpful And educative, @Agbaletu thanks so much too for you great ideas of contributions And others guru. Am very interested doing business in Rwanda, but I would like a perfect guide And Advise if it is very possible to partner together with a Rwanda Person in terms of business. In Rwanda
I will appreciate any great ideals so much @Agbaletu And other Gurus, in the house
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by NONNYG: 1:25am On Jun 07, 2018
cutieme:
As for you NONNYG,you will soon meet your Waterloo,just don't worry!The way you will fall drastically like a pack of cards,you won't even believe it.Keepbon daring me!
lols, who God don bless even your village people can’t stop me, bro if you have good thoughts about people, good things will keep coming your way, with this kind of mindset, I pity your life, since 2014 you have been asking on how to migrate to all the countries in the world and their women too, smh.

You wan knack me jazzgrin , if that your jazz no fit help you travel abroad, omor na wash

pls wake up. Thank you

18 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by zioncity555(m): 5:57am On Jun 07, 2018
Nice this trend is very helpful And educative, @Agbaletu thanks so much too for you great ideas of contributions And others guru. Am very interested doing business in Rwanda, but I would like a perfect guide And Advise if it is very possible to partner together with a Rwanda Person in terms of business. In Rwanda
I will appreciate any great ideals so much @Agbaletu And other Gurus, in the house
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 11:08am On Jun 07, 2018
NONNYG:
lols, who God don bless even your village people can’t stop me, bro if you have good thoughts about people, good things will keep coming your way, with this kind of mindset, I pity your life, since 2014 you have been asking on how to migrate to all the countries in the world and their women too, smh.

You wan knack me jazzgrin , if that your jazz no fit help you travel abroad, omor na wash

pls wake up. Thank you
If really God has blessed u as u claim,u would be appreciative to him in humbleness and be helpful to the people that seemingly need help.U claim I have been inquiring about countries since 2014,yes I agree,that is because i'm looking out for the best bet and place ok.Now if u are really rational in your dealings u shouldn't be poking and making jest of your fellow brother who is in dire need, rather u help in your own little way but what have u done so far to help if really u are pained by my inquiries,what?Do u know 2moro?If your light is already shinning,allow others see by it also rather than boasting and exhibiting folly of highest order.I am telling u all these because soon the unexpected would happen and people shouldn't lay blame on anyone.peace out!

7 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by suxes2005(m): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
Kigali!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

"There Are No Jobs In Dubai, Nigerians Don't Be Deceived" (Photos/video) / Photos Of The Man That Died With Two Ladies In Sapele Accident / New GSM Buses Arrive In Oyo State (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.