Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

I’m Scared To Travel By Air But I Want To See My Gf. Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I’m Scared To Travel By Air But I Want To See My Gf. Help! (518 Views)

I’m Scared That I Might Have Infected Her / "We Need Marriage But Men Are Scared To Come"... Pretty Lawyer / I’m Scared She’ll Get Pregnant!! What Do I Do? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Scared To Travel By Air But I Want To See My Gf. Help! by edwin281: 4:34am On Jan 02, 2018
My problem may seem comical to some but yes, I am absolutely terrified of heights. I can’t step on a plane and I’m terrified to travel by air. I have never tried going to another country but I’m seriously considering to face my fears for my Filipina girlfriend. I met her through LoveMe which is an international dating site and since then, we’ve been together for more than a year now.

We’ve always talked about seeing each other in person but again, I honestly can’t stand heights. I get nauseated just thinking about it. She even offered to come visit me instead but she doesn’t have the resources to process the required documents for traveling abroad.

It would still take a long time to get everything for her to come visit me here in the United States but her birthday is fast approaching. I’m planning to spend her special day with her in person and I want to get to know her family.

But first, I need to conquer this phobia of mine. If you guys have some tips and ways on how I can travel by air despite my fears, then it would help me out a lot. I really need help with this and I would literally do anything for my girlfriend. Help me please!
Re: I’m Scared To Travel By Air But I Want To See My Gf. Help! by Badgers14: 4:36am On Jan 02, 2018
I feel your pain my guy.

I am scared of flying too, I prefer driving. I drove from Waukegan, IL to D.C instead of flying grin grin back in August.

But I still fly to other countries though but I don't attempt sitting on a plane for more than 6 hrs.

I will suggest trying to find flights to Manilla that have lots of stopovers. I think manilla is 21-35 hours from U.S.

What i do is, I travel with my headphone and MP3, ( I don't use my phone because my battery will die grin). I listen to music all the way and fall a sleep in between.

Some people do take anxiety pills too. I have never tried it. I try listening to music.

The scariest part for me is the take off and for some destinations the pilot will make a U turn shortly after lifting off the runway before climbing to the correct altitude sad but you will be fine. I am not trying to scare you. Just to let you know what to expect.

Things we do for love grin

Good luck.
Re: I’m Scared To Travel By Air But I Want To See My Gf. Help! by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 02, 2018
I never believed this fear for height thing until a lady nearly died in my very before for it.

Bro, I advise you save money for first class ticket in an Airbus made plane to Philippine. The comfort will help alleviate your fears.
Re: I’m Scared To Travel By Air But I Want To See My Gf. Help! by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 02, 2018
Were u born in the US? I am assuming you are a Nigerian and you probably had to travel down there at one point in time.
I am extremely scared of heights myself and my major problem whenever I travel is the escalators but you will be in a plane, strapped in with your seat belt, sitting down. So you don't have much problem, just don't look out the window at take off and landing and also grip your chair tightly with your eyes closed when taking off or landing, you would be fine.
Re: I’m Scared To Travel By Air But I Want To See My Gf. Help! by nifemi25(m): 5:10am On Jan 02, 2018
Hopefully one day I'm going to board a plane and see what this op was talking about.
Re: I’m Scared To Travel By Air But I Want To See My Gf. Help! by phoenix17(m): 8:00am On Jan 02, 2018
face your fears bro or you trek...then see you in 2019

(1) (Reply)

How I Confessed To My Woman Of My Affairs With Another Lady / Lifestyles A Young Hustler Gotta Get Rid Of / What's She Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.